PDA

View Full Version : SR Harris RAWKS, amirite?

AtelierBoz
10-10-2007, 12:34 AM
So, if you live the mpls and surrounding area, and HAVEN'T been to SR Harris.
Get up off your lazy bum and go.

It makes Joanns and Hancock Fabrics weep.
It literally is a giant warehouse of almost any fabric and notion you can IMAGINE. the only thing it really lacks is new and a big variety of patterns. (but you can get those almost anywhere else)

Ceiling to ceiling, aisles of giant rolls of tulles, vinyls, pleathers, cottons, satins, lace, beadings, buttons, etc.

It's in Brooklyn Park on Zealand Ave. Here's their website: http://srharrisfabric.com

And yes, their fabric is amazingly inexpensive. There's even downloadable coupons every month.
Usually my friends and I make a tradition to drop by there every other month or so, or whenever some friends come in town.

If enough words get around, I totally think we should have a big group raid there. XD

Fenix42
10-10-2007, 02:34 AM
I've heard of this place! I've mentioned to my friends and they were all like "yeah we should go!" We still haven't gone there yet, lol...

Jen-neko
10-10-2007, 03:49 AM
Oooh, thank you for the website ^_^ A co-worker of mine was asking about the place, so I'll have to give the addy to her.

I plan to go there this Saturday :3 I don't get to go south very often, and I get to go to SR Harris even less often, so I'm really looking forward to it! I got lucky and found most of my fabric up here already, but I still love going there ^___^ Hopefully I can find the remainder of what I need...

Tarika Sakka
10-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Sounds like it would be interesting to browse through. My mom said that we sould get our fabric at JoAnn's, but I can ask about this place.

Summoner-Yuna
10-10-2007, 08:18 PM
I must admit I lived in this area for like a year. But where is Brooklyn Park? Zealand Ave. ?

AtelierBoz
10-10-2007, 08:45 PM
I must admit I lived in this area for like a year. But where is Brooklyn Park? Zealand Ave. ?

Brooklyn Park is about 15 mins. west from the cities.
If you do a google map search from your place to the address of SR Harris on the website, you'll see :)

Jen-neko
10-11-2007, 12:55 AM
Actually, there's a Mapquest map already on the website (Here: http://srharrisfabric.com/about.html )...you can see it's like, right off of 169 (you can see it from the highway). So, finding the place is pretty easy. Actually getting back in there is the tricky part :P

Singe
10-12-2007, 02:34 AM
You know, I've lived in the Cities for about a month and a half now and I still haven't done any fabric shopping. Not that it matters since I currently don't have my machine here...but I still really want to go...>.>