PDA

View Full Version : Double Sided tape

Romann
05-22-2003, 05:03 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knew where to find double sided tape ( that works really well). I need it for a costume and I 've been trying to find it everywhere! I saw some at Home Depot...but I don't think it would be wise...with it being "industrial strength" and all..:p

Thanks

ZiggyB
05-22-2003, 05:09 PM
You can find it at Joanns or most fabric stores.

I use it to keep my leg belts on my Squall costume on. I always keep it with me at a convention for emergencies. :)

kelldar
05-22-2003, 05:31 PM
For stuff I stick to my skin I use toupee tape... I get it at a wig store. I've used on clothes before, too... it's strong but won't rip your skin off ^^;

Romann
05-22-2003, 05:42 PM
Woo~! I'll try those out. Thanks, you two ^^

SynVanSiWes
05-23-2003, 01:20 PM
To stick a paper beak onto my face I just used regular double sided scotch tape. It worked great, my beak stayed on all day no problem.

I've also heard that it works well to 'hem' if need to do emergency costume altering.

Carmila
05-23-2003, 01:21 PM
Either go with extra hold (sometimes called permanent) double sided (which you can get at Wal Mart or Target or well practically anywhere!) I used that to do alot of things with my costumes when they have to fit close to my body (ie stick on)

Also, I have used Carpet Tape. It is double sided and works much like Toupee tape, only it comes in bigger rolls and is much, much cheaper!

Sarcasm-hime
05-23-2003, 01:35 PM
I've used a LOT of double-sided tape to keep me in costumes over the years, and up til now I've been using the green double-sided masking tape I got at a hardware store. That said, I'd advise shelling out for the Toupee tape from a wig store, as the stuff I've been using has taken a bit of skin off once or twice when I wore it for too long or ripped it off too fast. ow!

Koumori
05-23-2003, 01:36 PM
I use double-sided carpet tape.

Romann
05-24-2003, 02:09 PM
Ooh, more ideas! Thanks everyone!

Jinx
05-24-2003, 08:48 PM
Yes! I use carpet tape as well. Kept my cape and my shoulder guards on for my Lum costume. Very strong - pretty cheap at Home Depot or Lowes.