PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Media Expo's CosFest 2007

Anele
10-13-2007, 07:46 PM
PACIFIC MEDIA EXPO'S COSFEST RETURNS!

Hello everyone!

Firstly, allow me to apologize for the lateness of the announcement of this year's Cosplay Festival. A long while back, the previous coordinator had to retire due to personal commitments, and the duty of CosFest Coordinator was handed to me a week ago.

Yes, a week ago. ^^;;

However, we've gotten an incredible amount done behind the scenes in just the past few days.

We are using her system as a foundation, and have some people on staff who have worked with her in previous masquerades, myself included.

You can find the freshly-posted rules and timeline for this year's event by going to the Pacific Media Expo's website @ http://www.pacificmediaexpo.com, and clicking on the CosFest link in the navigation, or by going directly to the CosFest page (http://pacificmediaexpo.info/2007/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=0&Itemid=51).

Online registration for CosFest 2007 will be available as soon as it's ready to go live! Rest assured that it IS in active progress and I will announce when it is up. Keep checking this post for more updates as they happen!

If you have any questions regarding the show that are not answered within the competition's rules and guidelines, you can find my CosFest-specific email on the PMX site. You can always reply to this post as well!

With the short amount of time between now and the convention (once again, I do apologize!), I am going to try my absolute hardest to make this experience great for both us and the CosFest participants.

On top of the typical anime, game and manga costumes, we also welcome movie costumes, TV series/drama, EGA, EGL, historical costumes, and Asian fantasy/mythology costumes. Source content can be from Japan, China, Korea, or anywhere else in the Pacific.

There will be certificates and prizes for award winners, and we're aiming to get participants their own section in the audience as well as water and snacks.

With that, I am pleased to announce that...

PMX'S COSFEST COMPETITION IS BACK!!!

* Please note: The convention runs from late Friday afternoon, November 9th, to late Sunday night, November 11th.

IMPORTANT UPDATES SECTION
Modified November 6th, 2007
ROOM UPDATE! CosFest now in LP2 (not LP1+LP2).
All important forms and waivers online!

Anele
11-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Even though online registration has closed, we will still be taking registrations at the convention! Be sure to stop by Friday and/or Saturday to sign up for the competition, which is held on Sunday @ 4 PM in LP2.

There will be cash prizes!

Maguma
11-06-2007, 04:19 PM
I am so excited! I have a question anele, for small details about the skit do we bring that up at the meeting or should we let you know now??

Evil Bishounen
11-06-2007, 09:51 PM
The sooner you bring it up, the better. Just in case those small details turn out to be something not-so-small for our end, it's good to make sure everyone's on the same page with no crazy surprises. :) So yeah, drop her an e-mail.

You're also welcome to bring up details or ask questions at the con any time by visiting the CosFest Office. It certainly doesn't have to wait until the meeting on Sunday (which is only 1 1/2 to 2 hours before the show anyway).

--evilbishounen
CosFest 2007 assistant

Masa D. Luffy
11-06-2007, 10:28 PM
Can one person be in two skits?

Evil Bishounen
11-06-2007, 11:12 PM
Can one person be in two skits?
No. A single person can only participate in a single entry.

Anele
11-06-2007, 11:24 PM
Maguma - as Evil Bishounen said, the earlier you let us know, the better, so we can plan accordingly just in case small isn't so small ;) The CosFest Office is open Friday and Saturday, so I would suggest stopping by as early as you can so we can get anything new settled. You're also more than welcomed to email me, so I know of your requests before con. Thanks!

Masa - no, sorry. :( A person can only be on stage in one entry.