PDA

View Full Version : Zelda cosplayers....

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Isaldur
05-23-2003, 05:22 AM

Michi
05-23-2003, 05:34 PM
I'm going to sit and wait for PikminLink to come to this thread. XD

I'll finally be a Zelda cosplayer this year.. My Malon/Cremia costume from Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask is already in progress. ^^ I have many other ideas, too..

Isaldur
05-23-2003, 06:25 PM
I'm surprised he hasn't already. that dude freaking rocks at it....

It's like nintendo modeled the chars after him.. almost.. cept his ears lol anyway yeeah.

I have plans to do at least 2 different versions of link....., standard and a special one that I'll talk about later :)

Michi
05-23-2003, 06:45 PM
*snicker*

I couldn't even start to name all my ideas.. Lots from Ocarina, Majora's Mask, the Oracle games.. and a couple from Wind Waker, too. *-* I've been obsessive with playing the games all year. :D So cosplay follows with that, naturally.

Isaldur
05-23-2003, 06:54 PM
lol yeah it does huh.

The one thing I had a lot of fun playing OoT (as I had never played zelda up until november) was playing it thoroughly, and sometimes with a guide handy.

Insane adrenaline rushes result from killing bosses :eg:

And uh yeah.. onto the fun stuff I am hoping to get an ocarina in the next month or two.. as long as my mom's fine with it.. we'll see how that goes (both fun and can be useful)

RyanW
05-23-2003, 08:00 PM
Well, I've got the Adult Link from SSB:M (or ocarina of time), and we're going to start work on an Oni Link, complete with full armor and helix sword, as soon as we finish up this summer's costumes.

We'll be picking up a 'special Link' for you guys, but it's a big surprise. Just keep in mind that we're sparing no expense for something 'massive'. Check back in about seven months. ^_^

Isaldur
05-23-2003, 08:08 PM
Yeah as I already said I have a 'special' link to do myself.

It's not in any game but we'll see.. i still have to ask the dude who came up with it about it lol.

Schu
05-24-2003, 12:10 AM
I plan on doing a few different versions of Link... although I did the normal, green one for AWA8. I'd love to do a really nice dark Link. Once I have the sword finished, it's just changing out tunics and hats... since I have the sheild and accessories.

I'm also thinking about doing Zelda... that would be fun.

RyanW
05-24-2003, 12:47 AM
I got some great shots with the cosplay.com malon, plus an unnamed Shiek. I'd like to see some more kids doing Wind Waker cosplay, plus I heard there was a Medli on this board somewhere.

Of course, the only costume with a moderate level of impressiveness involved.... (not considering props) is GANNONDORF.

And I want to see it.

Isaldur
05-24-2003, 02:47 AM
Gah WWL is even stickier then oot link.

That's taking an already-hard to do char for me and making it impossible ;)

... not that it matters ;)

Michi
05-24-2003, 02:58 AM
G-chan did Aryll from Wind Waker at Animazement ~ There's photos in General Chat. ^_^ Ganondorf isn't the only costume with moderate impressiveness! Are you serious?! There are SO many characters and things from Zelda that would be amazing to see. ...I'm planning one. :p But it's a secret. <3

RyanW
05-24-2003, 03:17 AM
That's a cool aryll. Too bad there was no skull dress going on. ;)

I wish they would get the ACen pics up already, I think you guys would like some of the shots we got with my Link. I hope they turn out okay.

Isaldur
05-24-2003, 03:19 AM
I suppose there are a few.. I'd really like to organize a nice cosplay with a LOT of the chars....

.. yeah. that would be fun :)

Michi
05-24-2003, 03:22 AM
RyanW ~ The Cosplay.com staff is on a trip to several cons... They can't just "get the ACen pics up already". x_X ACen was just first on the list. But yeah. I love G-chan's Aryll; she even got the hair perfect. Maybe she can do the pirate dress next. :p Suggest it to her?

Isaldur ~ Yeah, I'd love to see that. The biggest gathering I've seen was no more than four characters at a time. Hmm. Now I'm almost inspired to try and really make a gathering and not allow repeats to try and get an insanely large cast. o_o; ....Mmm someday when I get more Zelda costumes done.

Isaldur
05-24-2003, 03:26 AM
lol. Good luck.

I still need to find a way down there anyway, as I learned the only other anime expo out here is in SF and i can't go to that. (I'm too young to begin with)

But only nearly too young.

Michi
05-24-2003, 03:30 AM
Psshaw. If you came back to that YaoiCon thread you'd've learned that there's another 'convention' aside from that in San Francisco that's for all-ages. There's also the Metreon Fest in October (not a convention but an event to cosplay at nonetheless), ReccaCon in November (I think..), and a couple more all the way down in Southern California. There's a bit of a Zelda group being planned at Anime Expo this July in Anaheim, actually. o.o

Isaldur
05-24-2003, 03:36 AM
I think I saw something about the anaheim one...

and blah. I have a hard enough time getting to santa clara it aint going to be easier going THAT far ;)

'cept if we move to vegas at the end of june.. (yeah riiiight after the expo in SC) not sure how that's going to happen yet, if it does roxor.

Metreon cosplay? Holy shmoly that sounds like fun, anything in SF I could actually get to just by taking a bus/bart/walking :D

Michi
05-24-2003, 03:53 AM
I'll PM you information so we can stop spamming up the thread. :p

Isaldur
05-24-2003, 04:02 AM
Heh now that I realize why I started this thread..

On the good side I know how to make my hat :D

It's actually the EQ that has me worried not the costume, and really it's not too big a deal, if I can spraypaint I sure as heck can make a shield.. and the sword isn't necessary anyway :)

RyanW
05-24-2003, 01:28 PM
RyanW ~ The Cosplay.com staff is on a trip to several cons... They can't just "get the ACen pics up already". x_X

I know their schedule, we talked about it at ACen. I'm saying that I *wish* that they would get them up. I'm not complaining about it.

And I thought the Aryll was cute, but I have a thing for that skull dress, that's all. Has anyone ever done any zora outfits?

Michi
05-24-2003, 02:01 PM
Sounds like it, though, s'all. ^_^;

Zora outfits? You mean an actual Zora costume? I've never seen it, ever. o_O I'd rather see a Goron. *bounce*

Isaldur
05-24-2003, 06:12 PM
hahahah zora o.O

That'd be seriously cool.. but plasticky, and probably no fun at all to wear

PikminLink
05-24-2003, 09:55 PM
.....i made it....*catches breath*......okay....sorry im late michi....im camping at the moment and the internet connection here is quite bad......cant wait to go home......ill be home on tues..with a better connection....
...okay....ohhhh zelda cosplay....hehehe <\^_^/> ...my favorite subject.....^^ anyway.....i just finished oni link...and will work on the sword too.....

.....yay...i beat WW today...*so happy*......im going to have my lobster shirt outfit done by tues^^....*brought my sewing machine along ^_~* ......and im starting on WW link....and all of the other links from the other games ^____^.....hehehe....

....so how are things going??....cant wait to see the acen pics <\^.^/>

PikminLink
05-24-2003, 09:57 PM
*double post*.....one more thing.....I will be holding a Zelda photoshoot in Vallejo on june 6th.....ill have to check with times...but...there will be a scifi con there that i will be attending and i will have the shoot take place at or near the con....so if anyones interested...let me know^^

Isaldur
05-24-2003, 10:00 PM
oh *(@#$^ yes I am!

in fact tell me the convention dates and I might be there (tho sci-fi hrmm)

Chances are it's at that dinky convention hall and there's a bus that goes by there.. easy stuff :D

I just gotta get my mom to help me out a little, I think this stuff can be pulled off really fast :)

RyanW
05-24-2003, 11:46 PM
Yeah, a Zora. Come to think of it, I'd really like to do that Zora Link from Majora's Mask. It'd be really cool. I'll keep you guys informed, because our costume portfolio is already pretty full for this year, but maybe next year......

Michi
05-25-2003, 12:14 AM
A friend of mine wants to do Zora Link.. but she has like 849573985 other things to take care of first.

*pounces and attaches self to PikminLink* Mrowr. Eeee yay you beat Wind Waker!! I hope when you get home you'll PM me all your thoughts about the ending and everything about it. ^____^ I can't wait to see your casual WW Link~!~! ^^ I'll have to like, CG you and G-chan together, with her ubercute Aryll. I can't stop spazzing about that. XD

Isaldur
05-25-2003, 12:24 AM
geez michi your feelings for pikmin make me jealous!

lol... ok I'll stop it. I'm getting this terrible feeling I've dreamed of myself typing this post before. . scary!

SynVanSiWes
05-26-2003, 03:47 PM
Hey all. I'm just wondering if any of you guys are going to be at Otakon? And is there an Otakon Zelda thread that anyone knows of? I'm going to be there, I think I'm doing Medli first day and Sheik second day.

Oh, and I just finished the earth temple in Wind Waker a day ago or so. No more flying around as Medli :(

Bringing the topic back up, I'd love to see someone do a WW Gannondorf. His character design is really neat, besides he's like an evil ninja with those swords.

Michi
05-26-2003, 04:16 PM
There isn't any Otakon Zelda planned.. but there is SSBM planned. I'd be up for Otakon Zelda, but like, um, all my plans are pretty vague right now because of T.M.Revolution being a guest. ^_^;

XeroRadius wants to be WW Ganondorf. :D Someday. XD

otakutre
05-26-2003, 09:31 PM
:::raises hand::: I have a Malon in the works at present and am making the Kokiri tunic for a friend. We'll also have an adult Zelda for a Friday group at Otakon this summer.

...I think I'm going to carry around one of those toy pony-sticks. Bw-ha...

Isaldur
05-26-2003, 10:20 PM
Damn it'd be fun to go to otakon...

Can't tho, it's too far out. That's like... way far out lol.

It'd cost like $500 for the whole trip if I went uber cheap, proabbly $700 to do it right huh. X.x

PikminLink
05-26-2003, 11:35 PM
......yeah...there are so much cons i would like to go to...but i cant , i dont think ill be able to attend any cons this year.....but im really hoping next year....
Isaldur: do you want the information for that scifi con that will be next month at the fairgrounds in vallejo?......*have to give info to michi too^^*

...anyway....im going to have the zelda cosplay photoshoot the same day....

....so if anyone wants more info let me know^^

Isaldur
05-26-2003, 11:42 PM
Yeah XP both the convention and the photoshoot if I'm welcome to join ya ;), so definately.

Heh, if I do go to the scifi con.. well who else is cosplaying non scifi? :)

:shrug: oh well, anticipating that info, as I'm 99.99% sure I'll be there.

PikminLink
05-27-2003, 03:21 PM
well...im going as oni link...my brother will be a jedi..*scifi there*....and michi *if we get it done in time* is going as malon..^^...ive attended two other *local* scifi cons along time ago as link...but ive never been able to anime one yet...who will ou be going as.....*so ill know who to look for^^*...

Isaldur
05-27-2003, 04:20 PM
reg link.. that was going to be my first cosplay anyway.

Planning to add another later. Prbably for AX ;)

Sana-chan
05-27-2003, 11:07 PM
For 3 years I've been planning on a Zelda costume, but never have gotten around to it lol. Hopefully sometime this year I can do that ^^

JacksUsername
05-27-2003, 11:32 PM
cool, a zelda cosplay thread!!!!!! don't know how i've missed this. :P Hm, I haven't done Zelda cosplay yet, but I've been wanting to do it for awhile. I had been contemplating as going as Link when my hair is dyed this summer, but the length would be off, so I might just not do it for a convention, but make a costume and take some pictures of it.

Maybe I could get some of that old Gak or ooze and have it hanging it from my nose and chase Links at conventions. hehe, I've always wanted to do a Ganondorf too, but that's way beyond my skills at the moment.

Isaldur
05-27-2003, 11:40 PM
I doubt I'll even have my hair the right color, don't have the time to bother dying it.

*shrug* doesn't matter :)

JacksUsername
05-28-2003, 02:47 AM
mm, and there's always the adventures of link and old cartoon link, both whom had darker hair. There's to many Link's I guess anything is acceptable :)

Michi
05-28-2003, 03:39 AM
PikminLink was an awesome Link before the wig. :p Don't worry about it too much.

Isaldur
05-28-2003, 05:55 AM
lol well the cartoon link can be *ACTED*

that's the funny part, I can see a skit from that now, but I haven't watched the cartoon,.. anyway mine will probably be a strange mix between oot and lttp ;)

Michi
05-28-2003, 06:07 AM
THE CARTOON ROCKS. You can download episodes of it for RealPlayer and stuff :D!! I did, and I have a handful on my computer, but have only watched four of them. It is SUCH a bad cartoon. I can't decide if I love it or hate it. It's awesome! hahaha. I want to be Zelda from it. *pokes PikminLink* Wanna do that version of Link? XD

Isaldur, if you wanna see the cartoon, I can point out where to get episodes. ^_^ Don't expect it to be good, expect it to be awful, and be able to joke about it.... and you'll love it. :p

Isaldur
05-28-2003, 02:46 PM
Scary part is I think I've seen it before... when they'd rerun it.. I know the show itself was bad enough ;)

Heh when I go to the convention you can tell me what link I look like. I dunno yet ;)

PZB
05-28-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Michi
It is SUCH a bad cartoon. I can't decide if I love it or hate it. It's awesome! hahaha. I want to be Zelda from it.

That was the beauty of that cartoon...it was so bad, if you were a Zelda fan, you couldn't help but love it. I always missed the Missing Link episode, and was sooooo happy the day I found it online. It was truly disgusting.

Anyhoo, I'm in the planning stages of an Impa from OoT, but I gotta find the materials for the armor (oh joy) I've got a renfaire-style Zelda from the cartoon that's about half finished. I just need to finish the pants for it. I'll have to post pics when I get that one done finally.

~PZB

Michi
05-28-2003, 09:55 PM
Exactly! As a Zelda fan it makes me giggle when his sword makes the little noises and shoots blasts, and when they'll go "It's a Stalfos!" or Moblin or whatever! They're so out of character and lame that it's so bad.. but so good!! XDD

Impa has armor? I've considered cosplaying Impa but it never looked like armor to me. o.O

Isaldur
05-28-2003, 10:06 PM
heheh. I think I'll get some of those episodes tonight, watch them at around 3am and crack up as things seem funnier when I'm sleepy :D

I got a load of fabric today, hopefully the results of it will be up soon :)

Michi
05-28-2003, 10:35 PM
Actually, I first started watching the cartoon at like 5 am with no sleep.. So that probably helped..

Isaldur
05-28-2003, 10:49 PM
heheh .That's how I used to watch the morning sonic-the-hedgehog cartoon.. very tired XD

JacksUsername
05-28-2003, 11:19 PM
"Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me princess!"

haha, I talked my sister into buying a dvd off of a site where it has all the episodes of the old show (including eps of Captain N!!) with Link. I watched that show religiously as a kid, and even liked the Mario one, that aired the other 4 days of the week. "Swing your arms from side to side, lets do the Mario all together now!" *hums* I love Ganon in it, he's hysterical with his "evil jar". I even remember having a crush on Zelda when I was a kid, and was amazed when Dark Zelda had showed up.

Didn't they have a cereal too? or was that just Mario.

Michi
05-28-2003, 11:22 PM
Dark Zelda was sexy. :3

Isaldur
05-28-2003, 11:38 PM
lol.

Maybe when I have the guts I'll write up a skit to use on one convention ;)

JacksUsername
05-28-2003, 11:57 PM
haha, you so should...d'oh...you're all the way on the other coast.. if you ever do it, make sure you record it!! It would definetly be a must-see :)

PikminLink
05-29-2003, 01:55 AM
oh those cartoons are funny...hehe i have all of them on tape^^ .......*hides from michi*

...oh michi! your taking all my ideas ;_; ........im making "the adventures of link" outfit and it looks very simular to the cartoon version......^^hehe.....

...link pisses me off so much in those cartoons......im mean ...hes an idiot.....he makes link look bad ...but its funny to watch him get punched by the princes when he asks for a kiss ^____^

Isaldur
05-29-2003, 01:57 AM
LOL I DO REMEMBER WATCHING THAT BEFORE.

I have no idea how. *shrug* I didn't even know what it was but I do remember it ;)

I musta been like 8 tho because meh.. didn't really pay attention ;)

Michi
05-29-2003, 02:04 AM
Yeah, I don't like Link very much in the cartoon.. I swear if he says "Well, excuse me, princess" one more time.. *screeches*

All on tape?! *tackles* :D!!!

Yaaaay now I really have to do cartoon style Zelda someday. XD Tell me when you start on that one. XDD

Isaldur
05-29-2003, 02:08 AM
Maybe I'll do cartoon style ganon then :sigh:

Michi
05-29-2003, 02:14 AM
But he's a big scary pig with a personality disorder. ;_;

Isaldur
05-29-2003, 02:40 AM
Yeah, agreed XD

Hey while I'm thinking about this.. anyone wanna share with me how you make link's gloves?

Probably brown vinyl and proper stuffing :shrug: the quickest way I can think of is stuffing some big ones and typing them up with electrical tape hehe :D

PikminLink
05-29-2003, 02:50 AM
...michi...i got material for it today...and might have it done in two or three weeks^^

,,,uh the guantlets???....foam, and vinyl mainly..........electrical tape????!!!! 0_o ...uh i dont think that would work well ^^;

Isaldur
05-29-2003, 02:51 AM
lol you're probably right. *shrug* easy enough :)

Michi
05-29-2003, 02:54 AM
Eep. I wonder how early I can start cartoon-Zelda.. thankfully it isn't hard or anything. :X Perhaps after AX.. I wanna do WW or my secret Zelda and Malon before cartoon Zelda though. ^^;

Isaldur
05-29-2003, 02:59 AM
Are there any other chars in the cartoon? I kinda wanna fit in :)

But meh. I dun think I'll be doing anything after AX for at least a few months. Otakon is unfortunately outta the question, it's too far away.

Michi
05-29-2003, 03:00 AM
Cartoon characters.. um.. There's King Hyrule. ^_^;

Isaldur
05-29-2003, 03:02 AM
lol I need to watch it :)

PikminLink
05-29-2003, 03:03 AM
.....theres....tries to think......actually there arent much cartoon chars that i would dress as ......

Michi
05-29-2003, 03:04 AM
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/main.php?page=zeldacartoon

Episode one is really crummy quality, but the rest are pretty good. :3 Oh, and some of the links're broken.. @_x

Isaldur
05-29-2003, 03:07 AM
YAy! Time to watch them :D

Episode one downloaded semi-instantly heheh :)

*bounce* It's fun for the past hour or so lotsa lotsa talking :D

You got AIM? LOL I should ask pikmin that as I've been bouncing messages to him for the past hour lol.

Michi
05-29-2003, 03:13 AM
*points to profile info* :p

Isaldur
05-29-2003, 05:41 AM
Darn. I accidentally hit the reset form button >:(

Well anyway, after going off to watch tv I realized there was a few mins before the next show started, so I got bored and grabbed the pile of fabric I bought today (yeah a whole 5 yards of this kelly green stuff exactly like what I used on my hat lol)

Much to my delight it'll work, exactly as I had planned, and though I worried before it'd be hard.. now I'm positive it'll be easy, except for the cutting of the top part ;)

That shouldn't be much of a problem, sewing is a matter of setting up the tunic inside-out and taping up the seam, then sewing along several points so I get the general shape, pull off the tape and just do the rest :)

The only thing is we don't have a sewing machine.. and my mom and I already have an understanding I'm going to be the one doing the bulk of the work (while she'll show me how).

That's going to hurt. But it will be sooo worth it (unless I pick up one of those cheap mini sewing machines while I'm grabbing the rest of the costume... hrmm :)

JacksUsername
05-30-2003, 12:32 AM
ouuuuuuuuuuu, old zelda costumes :) hehe, I'll probably do one in the future, not anytime soon though, way too much to do, besides taking up side projects.

Isaldur, yikes that will be a lot of work. I've been wondering about those mini-sewing machines, I saw a couple around and wondered how tough they were...its so hard to find work space in my house just lay out a sewing machine and everything

speaking of old zelda costumes, does anyone have pictures of the cd-i zelda that had cartoon images in it. I heard they were extremly similar to the old cartoon, but I'm not sure if they're any different.

Isaldur
05-30-2003, 01:09 AM
Actually that's no prob, my mom talked with me about alladat and said she'd get a sewing machine..

Tho I'm going to have to learn how to use it :EG: that's fine. I'm glad she was happy to see tho that it was much easier then she anticipated (making tunics is really easy)... considering I'll probably buy the other stuff.

JacksUsername
05-30-2003, 01:17 AM
ou, sweet!

Getting a cheap sewing machine isn't all that bad either. I got mine at Wal-Mart for 90 dollars and it does all the stuff I need it to for now. Considering those portable ones go for 10-20, you'd bascially already be spending 1/5 of the money. Good luck!!

::still hopes for Cd-i pictures, if only just to laugh at them::

PikminLink
05-30-2003, 01:31 AM
cd-i pics are scary.....i cant bare looking at them....but ill try to find something *grabs a blind fold and starts searching the net*

JacksUsername
05-30-2003, 01:52 AM
LOL, i hadn't seen any til i saw a very short glimpse on G4 the other day, but can't remember any details of the costumes, just that they reminded me of the cartoon ones, that's why I was asking :P thanks for tempting fate

PikminLink
05-30-2003, 03:35 AM
i found a pic of her head....but no outfit.....*ahhh link!....covers eyes* .....it burns, it burns....

Isaldur
05-30-2003, 03:40 AM
OW!

I kinda wanted to get a CDI for a little while and then changed my mind *shrug* an n64 maybe, a gamecube definately but hehe.

PikminLink
05-30-2003, 03:53 AM
....anything...but the cd-i......

*spots link again* ahhhhhhh!

Isaldur
05-30-2003, 03:56 AM
lol is it really that bad?!

*looks around for pics* I feel the pain!!! GAH!

Michi
05-30-2003, 04:10 AM
Zelda's CD-i design is her LttP outfit. Groovy. Um, here's some scans I found. XD *points at attachment*

Isaldur
05-30-2003, 11:54 AM
that link seriously is scary, it reminds me of that red haired guy who works for the school in the simpsons

PZB
05-30-2003, 01:39 PM
Why can I now picture Link walking around with a Scottish accent saying "Excuse me, prrrrrincess." *sigh* Wouldn't it figure that the one game you get to be Zelda they comepletely screw up.

Those are definately transitional designs if nothing else. But Pikmin, that's why I keep a Link figure on my desk so when I do see scary art like that (be it fan or official) I have something to remind me there are good Link designs out there... Saves from the burning of the eyes. :D

PikminLink
05-30-2003, 09:43 PM
......*washes eyes...*.....thats better......*grabs OoT Link figure*...

isaldur:....do you want to see the "scary pic"?......*goes grabs the pic and stuffs it in the scanner............with a blind fold on*

Isaldur
05-30-2003, 09:45 PM
*blows himself out with a fire extinguisher*

Aww yeah I think that did it ;)

PikminLink
05-30-2003, 09:52 PM
oh that wasnt the bad pic....it was actually nice compaired to the real one.....................

....anyway....i finished the cartoon outfit of link..today and uploaded a pic^^....hehe....

Isaldur
05-30-2003, 09:53 PM
Hah! But your hair's too long!

Be glad actually, I'm at that damn stage where all it does is get in your eyes. UGH! Now the only thing you need to do is get the right ears :evil cackle:

Otherwise very good.

PikminLink
05-30-2003, 09:58 PM
yeah....but im kind of tired of making ears.......long process..

Isaldur
05-30-2003, 10:00 PM
I don't blame ya. Don't :)

Nobody is going to notice the difference anyway. The sad thing is the way the hat pushes down on my ears I could pull that off without even needing fakes...

They just wouldn't be as big lol.

Michi
05-30-2003, 10:06 PM
I like that version of Zelda.. from the CD-i.. I mean, it's just LttP Zelda. I'd love to cosplay her someday. ;_;

Caryn
05-30-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by PikminLink
isaldur:....do you want to see the "scary pic"?......*goes grabs the pic and stuffs it in the scanner............with a blind fold on*
Post the "scary pic"!! XD I think I saw it before...but I'm not sure if it's the same one I'm thinking of. That one was pretty traumatizing though...

Isaldur
05-30-2003, 10:25 PM
Zelda's cool link isn't ;)

Show us!

PikminLink
05-30-2003, 10:29 PM
hold on....have to figure out where to put it....

PikminLink
05-30-2003, 10:31 PM
.....uh....where can i put it....i dont want it in my pic gallery....

Isaldur
05-30-2003, 10:31 PM
lol ok *waits anxiously*

Isaldur
05-30-2003, 10:32 PM
in the reply thing look for attach file :)

Isaldur
05-30-2003, 10:36 PM
oh come on pikmin I think you can find it ;) Click choose file and uh yeah :)

... or paste the link.

PikminLink
05-30-2003, 10:36 PM
....uh..where..?....nothing here like that

Michi
05-30-2003, 10:38 PM
Double posts, fine, once in a while. Triple posts, argh. You said you wouldn't do that anymore, Isaldur. XO

Follow this link.. Link. Ahaha. x.x http://forums.cosplay.com/newreply.php?s=&action=newreply&threadid=12883

Isaldur
05-30-2003, 10:39 PM
well excuuuse me michi :P

^^ Couldn't help it!!!

PikminLink
05-30-2003, 10:47 PM
ahahaha.........hehehe......here it comes.......dont say i didnt warn you

Isaldur
05-30-2003, 10:48 PM
GAH!!! I'M GOING TO HAVE BAD DREAMS NOW!!!!!!

Gee thanks for warning me. That looks like a clown

PikminLink
05-30-2003, 10:49 PM
i told you it burns.....

Michi
05-30-2003, 10:51 PM
HAH! I've seen that somewhere before. *dies* How sad!

Isaldur
05-30-2003, 10:51 PM
I can't believe they made a character so bad. I hope nobody dares cosplay him lol

Michi
05-30-2003, 10:54 PM
He looks like he has lipstick on. @_@

Isaldur
05-30-2003, 10:57 PM
lol yeah huh.

I kinda wanna make the prototype seams and stuff on my tunic tonight but my mom apparently already has her mind made up on how she wants to do it :shrug:

oh well. I'll start on that eventually lol

PikminLink
05-30-2003, 11:08 PM
the triforce shall guide you ....
...;p

Caryn
05-30-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by PikminLink
ahahaha.........hehehe......here it comes.......dont say i didnt warn you
O___O OH MY GOD that's horrible!!! *covers her eyes and closes the window* And it DOES look like he has lipstick on....o_O...

*shudders*

PikminLink
05-30-2003, 11:47 PM
i told you it was bad.........................
.....i will never look at the picture again!

Sana-chan
05-31-2003, 12:37 AM
OMG that is one scary picture lol O_o. Definately looks like he has lipstick. Poor Link. Please no one cosplay Link like that with lipstick lol.

JacksUsername
05-31-2003, 12:41 AM
LOL, *looks at cd-i picture*

so if I went as this would it count as crossplay at all?

hehe, its a wonder that this game style makes the old cartoon look like a Disney feature film.

Isaldur
05-31-2003, 01:57 AM
LOL yeah.

Ya know I can't believe it's so early and everyone went to bed. Musta been exhausted by the week. I was when I crashed on the sofa

PZB
06-01-2003, 01:32 PM
As if the lipstick isn't bad enough, did anyone notice the arms on that guy? How the heck was he supposed to defeat anything with a couple of noodle appendages??

Caryn
06-01-2003, 02:46 PM
LOL PZB, I didn't notice that the first time I looked at it...all I noticed was the horror that is his face XD But now that I look at it a second time (*whimpers*) his arms ARE sticks!! lol

Isaldur
06-01-2003, 09:49 PM
Well THAT does it!

/me goes to the toilet and throws up.

Michi
06-01-2003, 10:30 PM
o_O; I think that's overdoing it.

Isaldur
06-01-2003, 10:32 PM
lol hey I was joking! o_O

I don't think graphics can induce vomit to begin with. lol.

Michi
06-01-2003, 10:35 PM
Yeah, but really. You did start this thread, but now we're getting painfully off-topic. x.x

Isaldur
06-01-2003, 10:39 PM
Well then back on topic I suppose :)

Actually I can hardly remember what the topic was, it had to do with people who cosplayed zelda characters.

PZB
06-01-2003, 11:10 PM
Well, here...how's this - I may have just talked my boyfriend into cosplaying Link (ha ha!!! Only took a year and a half) though now I can't decide if I'm going to do OoT Zelda or Shiek....hrmmmm.....

JacksUsername
06-01-2003, 11:56 PM
ouuu congrats! always good to have a link and zelda couple :) I am a fan of Sheik myself, but its up to you whichever design you like better!

Isaldur
06-02-2003, 02:02 AM
I wouldn't dare do sheik. He's a really cool character but that's uh.. well you'd have to have the right shape and guess what.. I don't have it!

And my mom.. well I reminded her I need to have my outfit by the end of the week.. !!! oh yeah! Doh!

>:| Well not only that but I need to try and get the pants/shirt before the end of the week. She forgot what it's supposed to look like and thinks I'm going to use a sweater and 'old fashioned pajamnas'.. I couldn't help but laugh! XD

PZB
06-02-2003, 09:35 PM
I have practically no chest, so that makes Sheik all that much easier...it's just lower extrimities that are a little bit of an issue..if I could just get my butt to the gym ( literally) than it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

At the same time, I really don't want to do a wig for Zelda, and I'm not bleaching my hair back to my normal color. :D I hated being blonde.

Isaldur
06-02-2003, 09:42 PM
lol. Who cares about hair color?

sometimes zelda has red hair sometimes blonde anyway, the one thing tho is if your hair's brown/black, but still if your costume is really good who cares?
:)

I'm going to be a light brown haired link (might try once more to die my hair but blech), and it doesn't really matter. the irony is the color varies between games enough it doesn't matter XD

Michi
06-02-2003, 10:06 PM
It's not like Zelda's busty or anything. ^_^; I was going to dye my hair a sort of dirty blondeish brown when I was gonna be Zelda a few months ago..

Isaldur
06-02-2003, 10:21 PM
lol *shrug* I dunno what's up with zelda using so many blonde characters!!!!!!

:shrug: long live the brown haired zelda chars!!! XD

Michi
06-02-2003, 10:24 PM
Well, that's why I wanna be Malon/Cremia... I have long reddish brown hair. ^_^ Or at least when I dye it. >D

Isaldur
06-02-2003, 11:52 PM
lol with dye in my hair it's almost that exact color (reddish brown) lol.

Usually my hair's just a boring grey-ish brown.

PZB
06-03-2003, 04:02 PM
Mine's been a boring grey-ish brown for a couple months now. I was going to dye it before Halloween for that costume, but never got around to it. The other issue with my hair is it's so damn thin, it doesn't do anything. *Sigh* that's why wigs are wonderful things. :D

Link has had brown hair before, so no one will question it.

Michi
06-03-2003, 07:01 PM
Yeah, but how about Zelda? I don't remember her being anything but blonde for extra princessy-ness. :p

PZB
06-03-2003, 09:52 PM
Nope...always some variation of blonde (I say variation because I believe she was strawberry in Link to the Past, but basically still blonde. :D)

Michi
06-03-2003, 09:55 PM
She's also rather golden blonde in Ocarina/SSBM/Four Swords.. @_@ and a really off yellowy color in Wind Waker.. Yeah. But always blonde. XP Much more orangey in SSBM though.. and I'm rambling about haircolor.. n.n

PikminLink
06-04-2003, 08:31 PM
since they have so many shades of blonde, i would just go with a golden blonde, nobody cant really blame you if you have the color off, since none of them ever really had ONE color ^^.....

....i would go with golden, or ash

Isaldur
06-04-2003, 08:40 PM
lol yeah. I'm uh just sticking with brown for now ;)

PikminLink
06-04-2003, 08:52 PM
that could work too.....i did that for more than 4 years before i got a wig^^ ......

Isaldur
06-04-2003, 09:12 PM
4 years? Daaang you've been cosplaying for ages huh.

*shrug* hey your inbox got filled up lol

Michi
06-04-2003, 09:14 PM
I've also been cosplaying for about four years now... A lot of people have been cosplaying since then or earlier.. I have friends that began cosplaying in 1995. :p It was just in the past two years that there was suddenly a boom in the community and now there's so many people doing it. O_O It's crazy.

Wah, I started playing Wind Waker again and I want to cosplay Medli again. Think she'd look okay without the beak? x.x

Isaldur
06-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Yeah sure but are you still going to do the wings? lol

Michi
06-04-2003, 09:22 PM
There's no reason to. She's a young Rito; her wings only show when she flies. I won't be flying. I'll be walking. No wings. x_X

Isaldur
06-04-2003, 09:24 PM
lol I see now. Well what can i say, I mean, i'm not making the pointy ears for the gathering on sunday... tho I will for AX

:shrug: just didn't have the time :)

PikminLink
06-04-2003, 09:25 PM
its empty now^^; .......yeah 4 years.....but only Link....well ive been cosplaying since OoT came out>> ................

...yeah...youll be walking....no wings^^.....i dont see why she would look bad without a beak

Isaldur
06-04-2003, 10:01 PM
XD if she brings wings we could help her fly tho!!!

Michi
06-04-2003, 10:15 PM
Right now I don't even have the skill to make Medli's dress, much less retractable wings. x_x

Isaldur
06-04-2003, 10:17 PM
LOL they dun have to be retractable. Just floppy things that you could uh strap on or something :)

:shrug: that game be even more unreal then ever huh, first a talking boat then a girl who can fly with some feathers on her arms lol

Michi
06-04-2003, 10:20 PM
No. She only has them when she flies. I'm not going to bother.

That isn't "unreal" for Zelda. There's fish people in Ocarina, what's wrong with bird people in Wind Waker? x_x

PikminLink
06-04-2003, 10:23 PM
...yeah......im surprised you didnt mention the gorons ..michi >>

Isaldur
06-04-2003, 10:23 PM
The fish people be pretty tho!!! XD

Isaldur
06-04-2003, 10:25 PM
LOL I can see it now! FLYING GORONS!

ok so that was totally my idea ;)

Michi
06-04-2003, 10:26 PM
Gorons aren't some sort of animal-humanoid-creature though. ^^; They're rock.. monsters. So Rito/Zora was the best thing I could think of.

I think the Rito are pretty too.. I'd love to get a (grown-up + wings) Komali cosplayer whenever I finally do Medli.

Blah I wanna be a Goron. I wish I had the skill to make a full mascot suit like that. T_T

[edit] Wow, Isaldur.. Not only was that a double post, but a SPAMMY double post. x.X;

Isaldur
06-04-2003, 10:30 PM
whoa sorry michi I didn't realized I D-Ped on that one sorry!!! Well anyway, maybe I'll cosplay as a zora dude later.. that'd be rather interesting (almost nothing but plastic.. eew)

There aren't too many generic guys in zelda games :|

And I doubt anyone in their right mind would be that tinkle dude or whatever

PikminLink
06-04-2003, 10:35 PM
i wouldnt mind dressing as komali.......the thought did come to me last week >>

Isaldur
06-04-2003, 10:38 PM
heh sorry to ask a stupid question but who's komali?

:goes and crashes on the sofa; I'm tiiired!!!!

Michi
06-04-2003, 11:02 PM
There's lots of guys in Zelda games. Like GuruGuru. I want someone to be him. I love him. He's crazy.

*clings to PikminLink* Want to be my Komali when I do Medli? ^____^

Isaldur, Komali is the prince of the Rito tribe. The one that's all shy and gives you Din's Pearl, and then later is strong and ready to be a leader. ^^

PikminLink
06-05-2003, 01:07 AM
......hehe....um sure....komali would be fun.....the beak is way different than medlis though...^^

KaitouKurogo
06-05-2003, 11:35 AM
Mah.

I've been planning a cosplay group with my friends, most likely aiming for AX 2004 or such. It's themed to the mirrors of Zelda: Adult Link, Dark Link, Zelda, Sheik, and Gannondorf. ^_^ Fun fun, we're planning on making as many props as we can for skits.

Later, I also plan on making a Skullkid/Majora costume.

Michi
06-05-2003, 11:42 AM
Skull Kid/Majora? Do you just mean Skull Kid with Majora's Mask or actually trying to cosplay one of the versions of Majora from the end game boss battle? XD That would be cool. o_o

Isaldur
06-05-2003, 12:39 PM
Blah. within the next year I'll organize a zelda cosplay myself lol.. having to do with the problems of time ;)

One of my original thoughts was have WWLink and OoTLink in one part of a masquerade fighting over the master sword, somehow they end up both in the same time and OOT is looking for his sword and when he finds WW with it he isn't too happy....

But there'd be a heck of a lot more to it then that XD

PZB
06-05-2003, 12:55 PM
It's Batman all over again - "I'm the real Link!" "No I'm the real Link!"

I need to get a Game Cube....I need to know who these people are!!! (And I call myself a Zelda fanatic....*sigh*)

Michi
06-05-2003, 01:47 PM
Gaspuh~ PZB!! Get a GameCube now! I command you. XD

Isaldur... O_o OoT Link and his greatgreatgreat-or-so-grandson arguing over the sword? :p Ummm okay. :p

Isaldur
06-05-2003, 02:43 PM
yeeah you get the idea.

he'd probably just carry around biggoron's sword though huh :shrug:

PZB
06-05-2003, 02:49 PM
If I had the money, I would, but all of my money has been going to my costumes lately! Ugh, I need a better paying job....

Isaldur
06-05-2003, 03:00 PM
:nod: all my money goes all over the darn place lol *shrug* gotta keep things running heheh

PikminLink
06-07-2003, 10:06 PM
how can you not have a GCN????!!!! .....go get one!......

....yeah money problems....i know what you mean....

Isaldur
06-07-2003, 10:41 PM
lol no money probs it's just that I can't justify that :)

besides I'm entering into one of the most expensive hobbies there is o.O

PikminLink
06-07-2003, 11:06 PM
....uh..cosplay?......well cosplay is an expensive hobby.......but i like it ^__________^

PZB
06-07-2003, 11:40 PM
Oh, I love cosplaying.....I'm just looking at making some rather expensive costumes over the next year as well as paying for the hotel for ComiCon right now (if I get to go to Anime Expo, I live within walking distance, so that'll save money big time. :D)

RadicalDreamer
06-08-2003, 01:31 AM
Without reading any of the previous posts, I'll say this:

Link is very tricky if you're an older (adolescent+) guy. If you're a kid, fine. A girl? Fine. But if you're a guy, and are cosplaying as the regular (not fierce deity) Link, chances are you'll end up looking like a dork in some tights.

Isaldur
06-08-2003, 02:00 AM
Without reading anything you said I'll say this:

I'm 16... and not a hairy stick... so I don't thnk I'll look like a dork XD

Just on the border of being a dork, much like anything else :shrug: oh well who cares :)

You just uh have to pull things off right :)

Michi
06-08-2003, 05:50 AM
Err maybe you should have read the thread or at least checked "zelda" in the Member Galleries, RadicalDreamer. Link has been pulled off nicely quite a few times.

Isaldur
06-08-2003, 06:08 AM
Yeah and wait until you see pics from today. ... I'm gonna suck at it!!!

That's all I'm going to say for now lol.

PikminLink
06-09-2003, 01:17 AM
....well..ive seen some other guys who have pulled link off quite well......

Isaldur
06-09-2003, 01:21 AM
lol some have. What I did was just wear last min stuff my mom made for me :)

More like she spent a few hours doing that by hand.. but that's water under the bridge I suppose, I still say it rocked :D

can hardly wait to get the rest underway.. hopefully before anime but that's 12 days down the line and depending on how busy we are that may or may not be good :)

Michi
06-09-2003, 01:24 AM
*points at Ohmi from this board* Male Link. Good Link. Yes. :3

Isaldur
06-09-2003, 01:27 AM
michi how bad did I do?

Michi
06-09-2003, 01:43 AM
You didn't look bad. ^^; The jeans look a bit odd, though. :X

Isaldur
06-09-2003, 01:49 AM
lol yeah that's the first and last time I wear jeans with that tunic.. actually it might be the last time I use *that* tunic too but that all depends ;)

I've got some plans but it'll really depend on how soon I get everything together and how busy we are, if we get a sewing machine the first thing I plan to do is learn how to use it ^_^

the shape was a little off too, but meh. It's hard to get that right... I think my mom did an awesome job albeit the upper part was waay too wide lol.

Will I see you AND pikmin at fanime?! I hope so!!!

Michi
06-09-2003, 04:50 AM
I think it's pretty sure PikminLink won't be going to Fanime unless I conjure up some massive kidnapping plan between now and then. ^_^ Which I'd be seriously tempted to do, so I won't mention that anymore. XD

I know I'll be at Fanime for sure because I haven't missed it the past three years. Fourth Fanime and counting, bay-bee! Still unsure if I wanna wear Malon without my Link, so we'll see. I might just save it for AX, where I've been requested to wear it by a few people aleady. o_O

Isaldur
06-09-2003, 05:01 AM
blah. My chances of coming are about as good as pikmin's.....

It's still possible tho :]

Ohmi
06-09-2003, 06:14 AM
I'm a hairy stick! :D
LOL

thanks for your kind words Michi ^^

Isaldur
06-09-2003, 06:26 AM
hahah well I got pwned on that one didn't I.

So did I do good, bad, or downright horrible? (just ignore the damn jeans I dind't have a choice lol)

SynVanSiWes
06-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Hey there, I just spent all my free time over the last several days updating my lyre. It now has a proper strap for wearing as well as 3D nose and eyebrows. I covered it with craft foam for better consistency. Anyway I'm just excited because I'm quite pleased with the way it came out.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=48543&papass=&sort=2&thecat=500
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=48544&papass=&sort=2&thecat=500

PikminLink
06-12-2003, 10:28 PM
that looks pretty cool!! yay medli!......that outfit turned out really great.....

*plans on doing komali now>_>* .....heheh

...i really like the lyre too 0.o ... it looks real....i want to keep it^^...

Michi
06-12-2003, 10:39 PM
Komaaaalliiiiii. *clingu*

Very nice job, SynVanSiWes. ^^ I noticed it earlier today~ ^_^

PikminLink
06-14-2003, 08:52 PM
^^ ...hehehe ...komali ^_~

SynVanSiWes
06-15-2003, 01:57 AM
Thanks guys. I'm going to keep updating parts of it though. It ocurred to me that the craft foam would be a better choice for my beak. And I'm making a new tabard, which should be easy now that I finally own a sewing maching. I swear rolling and sewing hems by hand is the bane of my existance. Heh.

Anyway my attempt at Sheik's tights gave me a rash, and I'm not sure if it's going to work yet. But I will keep trying till I defeat it. I just may have to learn to sew spandex... heh heh heh.

Isaldur
06-15-2003, 02:01 AM
ow syn. *shrug* you'll figure out something :)

Sewing spandex would be HARD since 1" of it just laying there is different then when you're wearing it lol

Din the Dancer
06-15-2003, 02:51 PM
I'm planning to be Din the Dancer (the Oracale of Seasons) and I'll hopefully be able to go to a con this year. I'm also thinking about mabey in the future I might do the WW Zelda and after I read this thread I might do the Cartoon Zelda too! Mabey Farore the Oracle of secrets too... that one's still iffy. I was thinking about Shiek but then I rememberd what happened on a GameFAQS message board when somebody made a topic saying "This will end the Shiek question" or something like that. The inside od the topic was an argument about whether Shiek is male or female, if Zelda changes her gender when she changes to Shiek and a bunch of theroys and it never ended. I wouldn't want some thing like that to happen at a con. >.<

Isaldur
06-15-2003, 02:59 PM
*shrug* does it really matter?

Welcome to the group of zelda cosplayers ^_^

Anyway tho, I've seen every kind of person play every kind of character in zelda (yeah I've looked up and down the gallery just to get ideas), and sheik is typically cosplayed by girls (show me a guy who has the guts to wear nothing but tight fitting clothing LOL)

Anyway, you get the idea.. I don't think there's any *REASON* except nobody has the guts. I suppose that could be a good thing as I like to see the beautiful girls who do it ^_^

Now where was I again? Oh.. yeah, zelda cosplay is cool XD

Din the Dancer
06-15-2003, 04:17 PM
I forgot that I also eventually will do Anju/The Cucco Lady. So many costumes planned. No idea when to start them!

Isaldur
06-15-2003, 04:19 PM
XD that's where it gets fun. So many hours of work and so little planning lol

Michi
06-15-2003, 04:36 PM
Sheik could only be done by a slim figured guy, anyway.

I doubt anyone would bug you about the gender cosplay if you cosplayed Sheik. o_o Heck, there's a thread about that on this board though.. heh.

I have a long list of Zelda character cosplay ideas.... It'll take me a while though, because of SNK ideas and Phantasy Star ideas.. heh.

Isaldur
06-15-2003, 04:40 PM
yeah michi but how many slim figured guys exist?

:| I wish I was slim figured lol.

Michi
06-15-2003, 05:34 PM
A lot. o.o My last boyfriend would've been a good Sheik if he was shorter. XD He's too tall.. o_x

Isaldur
06-15-2003, 05:37 PM
lol gotcha ^_^ if I was sheik I'd scare people away lol XD

Besides I enjoy being link :)

PikminLink
06-16-2003, 12:18 AM
i want to be sheik.....but thats still just a thought......

.......go ahead...no body is going to bother you about it...^^ ...well if they do .then they are loosers

Isaldur
06-16-2003, 12:19 AM
point proven. X.x

Michi
06-16-2003, 12:43 AM
You'd be a great Sheik, Pikmin.. ^^

Isaldur
06-16-2003, 12:46 AM
pikmin's been soo quiet lately :O wonder why :(

Michi
06-16-2003, 12:51 AM
Camping trip. :p

Isaldur
06-16-2003, 12:53 AM
AHA! Well that answers it all XD

PZB
06-16-2003, 01:34 PM
I don't think gender matters (though I do think Sheik was intended to be a female impersonating a male, but that's just my theory) It's just crossplay, and most of the cosplay world seems to accept that girls will play guys and guys will play girls. It's just part of the community. (Hell, my first true cosplay is going to be a guy, so I personally don't see a difference. :D)

I'm still going to do Impa one of these days....

Isaldur
06-16-2003, 03:07 PM
PZB that's hitting a rather tough spot. It's easier for girls to do guys then guys to do girls.. Of course, this has been the case for years ;)

Din the Dancer
06-16-2003, 06:00 PM
So I probably will do Shiek eventually. *adds another costume to the long list*I have such a list of things that I'd like to cosplay and I havent even done one! Blah... there's just too many things out there...

PikminLink
06-17-2003, 02:56 PM
.....i think anybody can be sheik.....since..like people said..they dont know if sheiks a guy or girl ...*i think hes a guy ;p* ...

...so yeah....

PZB
06-17-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Isaldur
PZB that's hitting a rather tough spot. It's easier for girls to do guys then guys to do girls.. Of course, this has been the case for years ;)

Well, not always. Some girls just ook too girlie (for lack of a better word) to successfully pull off guys. I think it's a combination of both the physical look and the body languange. (A guy may be able to pass visually for a girl, but if he still walks like a guy, it's a dead giveaway. :)) Bu ton a whole, yes, it's easier for girls to crossplay than guys. That's not saying that guys can't do it and do it well. :)

Michi
06-17-2003, 09:26 PM
He only meant that in general it's easier for girls to be guys. Referring to girly boys only of course. Girls can't pull off big buff men very easily. I can only go as far as bishounen myself. ^_^;

Aoi
06-18-2003, 04:20 AM
Hello Guys,
I am new to Cosplay and i have only oen thing to said, i most impress with the effort and time you guys put to your costumes and props they look really neat. I especially liked pikminLink's Costume of Link wearing the fierce deity mask.

SynVanSiWes
06-19-2003, 10:02 PM
Okay here's my tights experiment. I'm not satisfied so I'm going to progress with the sewing tactic next. But I figured I'd show off my labor even if it's not up to my standards. And if anyone wants to know how gutta and rit dye work on white cotton/lycra blend tights... here it is.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=50147&papass=&sort=2&thecat=500

Aoi
06-19-2003, 10:46 PM
Hmm looks nice but it would be better if you dye it with a darker blue.

JacksUsername
06-19-2003, 10:48 PM
yeah, a darker color might've been a little better, but I still really like the way they came out. Good luck with the sewing method, and put pics up to compare the two !

Isaldur
06-20-2003, 06:28 AM
NICE! ya know getting some pants they use for diving would work easier?

PikminLink
06-23-2003, 02:19 AM
...um i dont know.....get pants from the sports store....

UsagiNoSenshi
06-24-2003, 04:00 PM
::waves:: I guess I get to join in now, I'm being Malon at Otakon I love Malon, she's so cool. It was a roll I'm born to play, my family owns a dairy farm so it's fitting for the farm girl to cosplay a farm girl ^.^

PikminLink
06-24-2003, 11:14 PM
^____^ hi, welcome to the zelda group^^

Adella
06-25-2003, 12:42 AM
Sheik is a boy. It's Zelda wearing a magically enhanced costume that makes her a boy.

Michi
06-25-2003, 12:49 AM
I want a magically enhanced costume. ;_;

PikminLink
06-25-2003, 02:47 AM
...i wish cosplay outfits were made from magic....then we wouldnt have to make them >_< .....oh well......

i also wish i can transform into sheik the way zelda does in SSBM ....then i dont have to make that one too......*wishes someone else in my family can sew in my place^^;;*

Isaldur
06-25-2003, 02:50 AM
lol poor pikmin maybe next time I'll help!

But that could be a messy job. lol.

Adella
06-25-2003, 03:26 AM
Michi I think you're hot how you are! :heart:

Michi
06-25-2003, 05:18 AM
I'm not ;_; But thank you anyway Aeris :p

Lady Ava
06-25-2003, 04:33 PM
I'm going to Cosplaying Zelda for BAAF in NYC and Oshi is going to be Link. I can't wait to cosplayer her. Except...I don't think I'm gonna look good in a blond wig ^^;;;;

Adella
06-25-2003, 04:36 PM
NO AVA! COSPLAY AS MALON!!!!!!!!! ::cries::!!!! please cosplay malon and take romantic pics w/ oshi ^-^!!!

UsagiNoSenshi
06-25-2003, 05:09 PM
Forget Zelda, Malon and Link make such a nice couple! ^. ~

Isaldur
06-25-2003, 06:28 PM
And luckily this forum has plenty of malons and links :D

More is better! XD

Adella
06-25-2003, 06:28 PM
Yes Yes I agree! I'm pounding that into Michi's head right now too ~_^!!! :heart:

Michi
06-25-2003, 06:33 PM
Yeah no kidding. ^^; I have no idea when my Malon costume'll be finally done, but I will be visiting Pikmin for pictures as soon as possible once it is..

Isaldur
06-25-2003, 06:40 PM
lol no kidding ^_^ I thought she already made her malon outfit o_O

Well whatever. I'll probably still be hanging around the california conventions even when we move to las vegas so if you're out here you'll definately see me.. LATER in time :)

At the moment I'm swamped with handling business tasks, building up things, working on several sites and other random crap, so my time in the spotlight just isn't yet.

Hopefully I can do it the way "the real link" does, start with a boom :D

Until then I'll just do what I can.

IKnowkungfu
06-25-2003, 08:32 PM
and then there's ganondorf..who as a child was never hugged. Isn't that sad. :'(

Isaldur
06-25-2003, 08:36 PM
lol poor ganon.

I doubt we'll see any ganon cosplayers for a while. It's also a VERY HARD character to cosplay and it would take hours to do all the paint and such.

but I got the laughing part down.. hahah I can even talk like ganon in the cartoon (including the personality problems ^_^)

Malon
06-25-2003, 08:41 PM
*raises her hand* I admitt it. I too, have an obsession with all things Zelda.

*points to name and then self* Yup. Almost done. Just gotta negotiate with my sewing machine. Right now, we're having peace talks after it screwed up a project of mine and I took out it's thread. Other than the skirt and apron, I think I'm all set. Maybe some color hair spray....

But don't know where I'm going to cosplay though. Too shy to do skits and in the middle of no where. + no car= unhappy cosplayer wanna be.

Anyway... Zelda rules!

LOL! I always called Ganondorf "Ganondork"!

IKnowkungfu
06-25-2003, 08:43 PM
O_O that's scary. I can do a KILLER clint eastwoof impression lol ^_^ OH OH OH OH OH wait! gendo ehehehehe ^_^ *sits down at desk with fingers in front of face looking emotionless* eh? eh? If i saw a ganondorf cosplay that was...ahem....really good. Ide faint. tuthfully that guy scares the tar out of me. specially at the end of ocarina of time when hes like spinning and going"GAAAAAH CURSE YOU GAAAAAH) @_@ i get nightmares.

Isaldur
06-25-2003, 08:45 PM
Same here on the ganondork one, except I sometimes use that on other things too ^_^.

Heheh I think the next costume I'm going to make (after kohkori tunic #2) is the black one ;) [hyperdarklink] as me doing dark link would be like eddy murphy doing light link.

IKnowkungfu
06-25-2003, 08:49 PM
thats scary too ._.
ganondork..heh-heh..heh-heh
ahem..ahem... -.-;;; i want to be that little skull kids thingy. but im not. as he bugs the tar out of me. so it goes like this:
ganondork - scares living tar out of me
skull kid - bugs te living tar out of me. quite a jump in sequals :D

Isaldur
06-25-2003, 08:51 PM
the only thing that makes cosplaying zelda characters sooo hard is that they all tend to be pint sized or stick-sized. Grrr!

IKnowkungfu
06-25-2003, 08:53 PM
tell that to king zora or a goron..
Zora person ( if there IS such a thing as technical terms in the subkect i DO appologise) if done right.would look so cool.

Isaldur
06-25-2003, 08:55 PM
Agreed on that one. The zora people look hella cool but what would you make the outfit out of? It'd be incredibly hard and such.

IKnowkungfu
06-25-2003, 09:01 PM
yeah. I was thinking something like..spandex or a really really tight blue plastic fabric. almost like what people use to make eva entry plug suit thingies (got techinical on that last part ^-^) but ofcourse just out of curiosity. ^_^' i wouldn't touch the project with a ten foot pole. literally..i wouldn't.

Zeruda
06-25-2003, 09:02 PM
Hey ^_^ Gannon's not all -that- hard to cosplay. I found this kid a while back, and I think he's pretty good XD [I would show some better pictures of him, but my hard-drive's messy, and the site went down ;_;]

-http://mangomush.tripod.com/cz1.jpg

By the way, I think all yall's costumes are amazing :D

Malon
06-25-2003, 09:02 PM
*bursts out laughing* Good one Iknowkungfu.

eH, use a body suit for a Zora and paint on it. I'm not sure what I would do for a Goron.... Maybe just make a rock hollow! ^_^*

Isaldur
06-25-2003, 09:03 PM
lol nor would I.. WAY too hard.

Depends. I don't actually plan to get into cosplay bigtime until I can afford it, right now that's something I can't.

I don't actually have plans of cosplaying link at a major con until the year after next probably, I dunno, I might be able to get things done fast, we'll see.

It all depends on how my mom's businesses go and such, but meh.

Edit: You guys post fast!: MANGO.. I wish that included me (my costume sucks).

Then again, I've got plenty of time to take care of that :)

IKnowkungfu
06-25-2003, 09:06 PM
I just can't stand it. GOTTA DO SOMETHING JUST GOTTA JUST GOTTAAAAAAAAAAA. I dont know im addictec to this for some odd reason. So ill finish corn. start and finish tasuki. start and finish jigen. and start and finish a zora.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH almost got you that time about the zora! :D

OoTLink
06-25-2003, 09:08 PM
Btw I'm isaldur, I think I'm going to switch to this name since I use it a lot on other places anyway nowadays.

GOOD FOR YOU! :D:D That's great news, just fill me in on how you do it :D

We need to do a really big zelda cosplay gathering somewhere that'd rock :)

IKnowkungfu
06-25-2003, 09:10 PM
awwwwwwwwwww i'de do a zelda cosplay jsut to be apart of the...rock-ness...
literally again..ide be zelda. Ide look so CUTE in those long white gloves ^_^
quit starin at me with your acusin' eyes..

OoTLink
06-25-2003, 09:14 PM
lol *holds stare*

*shrug* I'm already 'commited' to doing link tho ;) I planned on doing that like 4 or 5 months ago when I first saw such a thing.

Tho iv'e only been around here a short while, *shrug*

IKnowkungfu
06-25-2003, 09:17 PM
ah i see. yep, you have to plan these things WAAAAAAAAY ahead of time. well..i do anyway. because im lazy. and generally have a mentality of putting stuff off. but hey im sure i could whip up a zelda costume. My mother is actually a former hollywood costume designer ^_^ so ive got the jeans. i mean genes.. (IE, boxes and boxes of costuming stuff in my garage.)

OoTLink
06-25-2003, 09:21 PM
You sure do. I suck. lol.

IKnowkungfu
06-25-2003, 09:25 PM
lol no you dont ANY cosplayer who is proud to wear what the make. is..uh.....uhh..*searches for words*
they..dont suck. they are suck-less. they are absent of suck-ness. ^_^

Isaldur
06-25-2003, 09:30 PM
lol
But I did the ghetto link outfit. lol.

I just need the darn pants ;) and those I just need to take the time and get :)

IKnowkungfu
06-25-2003, 09:32 PM
there ya go. ^_^ lol

Isaldur
06-25-2003, 09:33 PM
I was actually thinking that tunic would be perfectly fine if I put something in it so that the waist was in such a way... and then fixing the hat a little (both are very small easy things)

*shrug* but then again it is a little short. No big deal :)