PDA

View Full Version : Skies of Arcadia, anyone?

Venator
05-23-2003, 05:41 AM
I dunno if anybody here has heard of it, but Skies of Arcadia was a pretty awesome RPG for the Dreamcast that came out a few years ago... It had an interesting storyline and a few really spiffy wardrobes, despite the childish kinda look of the graphics.
Anyway, to the point... Would anyone be interested in a SoA cosplay group? I have no idea if it'll be this year or at what con, but it would seem like a pretty interesting endeavor.

... And I get Ramirez! :p

Rosiel
05-23-2003, 08:28 AM
> Would anyone be interested in a SoA cosplay group?

I have a few small Skies of Arcadia groups planned myself, and I'm always up for one more...

> And I get Ramirez!

I will amend my statement. ^__^ Count me out!

But just because the topic is being discussed...

Ramirez as a Valuan Admiral (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=8810&papass=&sort=2&thecat=500)
Belleza, Fina and Ramirez (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=4324&papass=&sort=2&thecat=500)
Fina and Ramirez as a Silvite * (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=40452&papass=&sort=2&thecat=500)
Fina and Ramirez as a Silvite * (closeup) (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=40858&papass=&sort=2&thecat=500)

* from "Skies of Arcadia: Legend"

[Edit: I can't spell this morning! ><]

Venator
05-23-2003, 01:57 PM
Holy.... That costume is amazing! (bows to your Ramirez-superiority)
I take that back... If you want to be in another group, I'd be honored to have you as Ramirez... Actually, now that I think about it, we could kind of turn this into a thread for all the SoA cosplayers out there... So we can introduce ourselves and eventually make one big group for an awesome photoshoot sometime!
Err... Just a thought... Anybody else like the sound of that? (looks around timidly)

Michi
05-23-2003, 04:21 PM
I want to cosplay from Skies of Arcadia. *_* Out of all my ideas, there's one from the new Legends version of the game that I really want to get done. It'll happen this year if I can afford it.. 'cause the wig has to be commissioned. ^_^;

Rosiel
05-23-2003, 04:38 PM
> Out of all my ideas, there's one from the new Legends version of the game that I really want to get done.

You should make that costume... it would be amazing. *___*
But, yes, the wig would be a lot of work... we have to meet up for pictures when you do! Whee! Skies!

As a side note, I forgot to mention the big Skies group last Nekocon, I still feel bad about not going to that convention last minute, they all looked so great! And Celine's Clara dress was just amazing and so... pink!

I wonder when the whole crew will finish making their evil versions... I want a picture of that when it happens.

Myself, I need to start on my third Ramirez, so I can illustrate his fall by changing outfits in chronological order. (I swear I will do it one day! There will be a Ramirezcon!)

> Holy.... That costume is amazing! (bows to your Ramirez-superiority)

Wow, thank you for the compliments! Ramirez (Valuan Admiral) was my first big award at a masquerade, so I'm particularily proud of it! :3

As for other people, I know Recca-kun is planning on making Enrique, and I am trying to get Sami to be Lawrence. I like his coat so much I might make it for myself and stuff her in it for cosplay.

We need more villains though! ^__^
Especially since my Belleza only attends Akon!

Michi
05-23-2003, 04:43 PM
Yes! Definitely! I also need to.. figure out how to make the weapon. ^_^;

Villains... I want to cosplay "Bellena" sometime... ehehe. ^^;
All sorts of SoA ideas... Mabel, too, one of Vyse's dad's crew members.. o.o

makio
05-23-2003, 05:26 PM
I'd love to cosplay Skies of Arcadia again! Next to the Castlevania series, SoA is my fav' game of all time - Gilder of course being my favorite character. Nekocon2002 was the biggest SoA group I've been in to date. :)

Though I was trying to keep it 'discreet', I've already getting work done on the second (actual) version of Gilder's coat. The original was merely based on it, but this time around I'd like to do the true scarlet buccaneer's frock coat, and maybe include the parrot this time around. Just name a convention (save for AX, I can't make it this year; busy that weekend) and I'll try to make it.

Sami
05-23-2003, 05:28 PM
YES! SKIES!! ^_______________^

I haven't finished the game yet, but I definitely want to cosplay from it.. once I get more of the characters and can check them out. ^_^ I love that game, it's so great..

Rosiel
05-23-2003, 05:35 PM
> maybe include the parrot this time around

You NEED to have the parrot! *laughs*

> Just name a convention (save for AX, I can't make it this year; busy that weekend) and I'll try to make it.

Anything after (not including) Otakon is good for me. And if all goes well I will have the new Ramirez too... *whine* I want a Glacian! We need more middle-aged men cosplaying!

< TELEPATHY >Saaaaaaaaaami you know you want to be Lawrence! < /TELEPATHY >

makio
05-23-2003, 05:35 PM
*I meant to add on that last post that I cosplayed Domingo as well, though with luck next time I cosplay SoA (most likely as Gilder), I'll have someone cosplaying Domingo, Vyse and Dyne with me.

Venator
05-23-2003, 05:48 PM
"We need more villains though! ^__^
Especially since my Belleza only attends Akon!"

How about Alfonso? lol... I was considering doing that as a back-up for Ramirez...

"this time around I'd like to do the true scarlet buccaneer's frock coat, and maybe include the parrot this time around."

That would be so incredible... Gilder is my second favorite char from SoA, with his parrot being third ^^' If you need a parrot, I'd be more than willing to do that XD

Venator
05-23-2003, 05:53 PM
Oh, and I'll be at Otakon, BAAF, and then, a bit later, Anime Boston 2004... Hopefully, if I choose a character soon, I can have a Skies costume by August =P

Sami
05-23-2003, 05:56 PM
> < TELEPATHY >Saaaaaaaaaami you know you want to be Lawrence! < /TELEPATHY >

LOL, and since as of now he's the only character I look remotely like and would want to cosplay (I'm not too keen on anyone else yet; I haven't picked anyone up past... Drachma.. *shudder*) he may win by default. ^_______________^;

Isaldur
05-23-2003, 05:57 PM
Yah I'm positive I've heard of SoA there was a mud based on it at one point in time.

Rosiel
05-23-2003, 05:58 PM
> How about Alfonso? lol... I was considering doing that as a back-up for Ramirez...

Alfonso! *______*

I love Alfonso, he's such a FOP! *laughs* Would you agree to pose on the floor with your cape over your head if I asked nicely? (Don't mind me I love the scene in which he gets trampled by Antonio II, I was giggling all day due to it!)

Although, if this is one of your first cosplays, you could consider some of Vyse's crew, their outfits are easier than the villains.

(/Someone's/ got to want to wear a fishbowl on their head? Someone? Anyone? ^__^)

Venator
05-23-2003, 07:29 PM
hee... fop...

Err... (ahem) Yes, this is one of my first costumes... (shamefully dons "newbie" hat) I think Alfonso would be a bit difficult, and if I get into a financial situation, I may just take your advice on that one... Yet, if it's at all possible, I'm going to try and be Fonsie. (and sure, I'll do that pose... As long as it doesn't actually require some guy cosplaying as Antonio II trampling me...)

... Now I just need to make an awesome cinematic banner, "Coming to a con near you... A tyrant... A warrior... ALFONSO!" (insert scary picture of Alfonso with glowing red eyes here)...

Sami
05-23-2003, 10:04 PM
> "Coming to a con near you... A tyrant... A warrior... ALFONSO!" (insert scary picture of Alfonso with glowing red eyes here)...

LOL! It would be more of a comedy than a horror flick to me! *giggles at the thought* ^____^;;;

makio
05-24-2003, 12:54 AM
It'd be cool to have a 'SoA reunion' of sorts at Nekocon if that's cool with everyone else...?

As for the parrot idea, um... let me think about it. LOL :crylaugh:

Rosiel
05-24-2003, 09:29 AM
> It'd be cool to have a 'SoA reunion' of sorts at Nekocon if that's cool with everyone else...?

That's definitely cool with me. I'll be at Neko this year.
Now to see how much stuff Sami lets me hoard to the con. :3

Sami
05-24-2003, 09:58 AM
> Now to see how much stuff Sami lets me hoard to the con. :3

*discreetly checking out prices of haul-behind-your-car-with-the-tiny-hatch-of-trunkspace Ryder wagons* ^_-

Seriously though, I would like to do that!! It gives me good time to play the game some more and see what I can do.. ^____^ My Nekocon costumes are very undecided as of now.

Nietsche
05-24-2003, 03:16 PM
Cool! Although Neko is out of the question I wouldn't mind giving Vyse another shot of daylight! If only my hair was not too short whenever I decide to wear it, (it seems to have happened the several time that I have worn it!)...

Din the Dancer
06-02-2003, 06:46 PM
I'd love to Cosplay a SoA character. I already have a costume planned for the con I might go to though. But I was planning to make an Akia costume eventually. When is the question ^_^;;

RedPikachu
06-03-2003, 06:00 PM
I'd like to cosplay as the bounty Hunter chick from the SoA for gamecube. I love SoA, it's soooo awesome!!!

Michi
06-03-2003, 06:21 PM
RedPikachu ~ Piastol? I have her planned. ^^ Her design is just too awesome to pass up.

JacksUsername
06-03-2003, 08:12 PM
hehe, yeah, SOA consumed a scary amount of time for awhile, but I never finished it...x_X

anyways, when I was first going through ideas of what to cosplay as for this summer, I had SOA in mind and had either alfonso or vyse. I would like Alfonso because it would just be funny to be him and Vyse for the cool red and blue outfit, not to mention the eye patch :) but it didn't pan out...i'm still hoping to get them done this year though, or at least for a con next year.

PikminLink
06-04-2003, 12:49 AM
I am!! ^___^ ....i planned it a few weeks ago, and im planning Vyse....and I have the hair ^^....so yup....Vyse ^_~

Michi
06-04-2003, 02:11 AM
Vyse?! VyseVyseVyse!! *runs to PM you*

Rosiel
06-04-2003, 08:46 AM
> Vyse?! VyseVyseVyse!!

Vyse! A Vyse! I want a Vyse to disembowel! *cough* I mean...
As a side note, I found a website that sells glowing cutlasses which would simply rock for Vyse. ^__^

JacksUsername
06-09-2003, 01:09 AM
what's the website? Glowing O_O....oouuuuuu, that would be soooo cool.

PikminLink
06-09-2003, 01:48 AM
yes yes...website^^.....sounds neat

Michi
06-09-2003, 03:44 AM
GLOWING cutlasses? Holy crap.

They don't have.. glowing boomerangs do they..? *big Aika puppy eyes* ;_;

Nietsche
06-09-2003, 06:05 AM
Glowing cutlass? I am intrigued!

Rosiel
06-09-2003, 08:28 AM
http://www.maximumglow.com/

Go to light up swords, and you will see the light up pirate sword. They don't say how big they are, though, and the site is more geared towards bulk orders, but, well, it looks cool.

As for Aika... I've seen glow discus, but not glow boomerang. They do have this powder you can mix to make your own glow products though.

(Yes I spent way too much time shopping for glowsticks to use for the With Hunter Robin crosses...)

khamryn
06-11-2003, 11:29 AM
late.. cuz.. i haven't been here lol

someday.. i'll do vyse.. c.c; and yes Rosiel you can pick on me :p lol

Uncanny Danny
06-11-2003, 11:50 PM
I'd love to see someone come up with the costume for Lord Galcian. If I had any talent or know-how I'd attempt it myself, but..

How would you get that big shoulderguard thing to work, anyway?

Rosiel
06-12-2003, 08:02 AM
> I'd love to see someone come up with the costume for Lord Galcian.

Me too. ^___^ I'd follow that cosplayer around like a lost puppy. Too bad I don't know anyone who would pull off the look, because I probably would help with the costume...

As a side note, I spontaneously made a Cupil plushie yesterday afternoon. It's currently sitting on top of my sewing machine. I might use him as an additional prop (perhaps shoulder-mounted, I can't think of ways to make it "levitate") to my Silvite Ramirez costume.

Nietsche
07-26-2003, 12:18 PM
I return to this old thread...
I think I'll make a Hans outfit...shouldn't take too much time out of my schedule!! Obviously I would require an Urala!!