PDA

View Full Version : Official Az Reports!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
05-23-2003, 12:36 PM
Post them here peeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since i'm not there yet....i have to wait.........

WashuOtaku
05-25-2003, 04:09 AM
Animazement is Fun!!!!

http://www.washu.org/cosplay/amz03/index.html

!*Jessi-Chan*!
05-25-2003, 12:22 PM
Wow....just plain WOW!. My first anime convention was just so much fun! NOW, we can plan more. We even made up RULES while waiting for the AMV contest to begin....See, we're such newbies...Our main rule was to bring a bigger crowd. While waiting in the line for Cosplay, we kept naming folks that we could have brought. Seeing as i have more fun with guys then girls, all mine were guys. OH, that was my other rule, do not pursue the real-live bishies and not say anything....I was SO gulity of that. But i don't really think it was becasue of the chracter the person was portraying, it was becasue they were cuties! The dealer's room was so wonderful! I'm surprised i only left with two manga's and a box of pocky. [Maybe it was becasue of my insufficient funds...] I so wanted these two artbooks [Spirited Away and FFX]. I also wanted this Cowboy Bebop artbook for the movie......No money, so i left to join the cosplay line. WE were always planning to get there WAY early, but we got held back, but still managed to snag a good place in line! YAY! I'm glad that those AMV's won...i find myself singing 'Manga Maniac' all through the con. Magnificent is all i can say about the Kingdom Hearts one, i loved it! And YATTA is my new phrase. I was in awe at the people that could play DDR. They're feet were moving so quickly....and this one guy kept spinning....I must learn the art of DDR so as i can become the master! And was I a picture fanatic or what...we actually CHASED peeps to get their pics. I STILL didn't have a chance to get a pic with 'my' Kenshin, but i did get my Tidus, Vash, and Cloud. Juu got her Alucard. Tidus was our hardest chase. Whoo....all the way across the lobby to reaches unknown! I was crazy with taking pics.....I have NO pics fromm Friday becasue my stoopid camera wouldn't work! [Another rule....bring a camera that works] But i have lots from Sat. Juu had the same camera from Friday that she had Sat. and i actually passed her with taking pics. (she had like nine left....but i already had only 5 left on my first camera after the first hour there Sat.) I saw the Free Pocky gurl! (HI!) That was weird at first....i knew her from online, but have never seen her in person. I heard her before seeing her. By the way, thanx for the Pocky! And i thank Himemiya for sayinf hey to me when i was about to get my pic with the Lucky Charms guy! THANK YOU! I guess you're the only one that recognized me or something. I made friends with this really cool older guy while waiting for the Anime match game. He recommended Ranma 1/2 to me so i went and got the manga right afterwards. Every other hour we were in te Dealer's Room....I wish i could have went today! [Sunday] But alas, i couldn't....but that is allright! I will BE there next year and maybe i'll have the courage to enter the cosplay..[since now i know what it takes]!

Himemiya
05-25-2003, 06:27 PM
Aaaaaaaaaah! Animazement! Thank you for being everything i hoped you would be this year! I had a great time in my EGL costume (with the super floofy petticoat)... Competed in my first Karaoke and won "most animated"... competed in my first cosplay contest, and discovered i like being in the contest more than waiting in line for the contest... threw away my Yumi wig (AuGH it sucked! I'll have a better one for AWA)... met some new friends, some online friends... took some pictures... got what i came to the dealers room for (MINI MONI PLUSHIES!!!)... want to be a pirate (rape kill pilage and burn! rapesteal pilageandburn! eat the babies!)

And on a personal note... i got my passion for cosplay back. My next costume will be done because its a character I love, not because i haven't seen the costume or because it looks easy.

Had an AWESOME time! Pictures will be in my gallery later tonight!

EDIT have some pics in my gallery!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
05-25-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Himemiya
want to be a pirate (rape kill pilage and burn! rapesteal pilageandburn! eat the babies!)

Wasn't that awesome!?! My new catch phrase, EAT THE BABIES!

Asudem
05-25-2003, 09:54 PM
Oooooooh my. My first con...WAS A BLAST! Better than I ever expected. And, ever since I sent my money off for the pre-reg, I'd been secptical about doing cosplay. Not anymore! Expect to see me in full cosplay glory next year! Heck, I'll start making the thing now!

So there I was on Friday with no costume but my oh-so-great 'best-friend' Jessi-Chan 'convenietnly' brought a pair of pink fairy wings and voila! Instant costume. Meh. Never did get to wear them...

Jess and I practicly _lived_ in the dealers Room. And I never expected it to be that big! And crowed! While searching in the boxes of keychains a Chichiri was beside me and I repatedlyhit in the head with a monk staff; we were _that_ crowded. Me and Jess lost eachother in there! I bought less than I would have liked but I'm cheap...dang it! Oh well, I'll make up for it next year.

The AMV's were great but I was dead tired by the time it all ended on Firday. And all my favorties won on Saturday! I love that Kingdom Hearts video. Did you see the standing ovation it got? Oh man, and YATTA! That was hilarious! Me, Jess, and a guy we were waiting beside in line sung the whole song!

I got pictures of _a lot_ of great costumes and actually got in a picture with Alucard! And then Wolfwood! Whoo!

Oh. And I remeber the the Big Tidus Chase of '03(As I've taken to calling it) We ran that boy down in the lobby and finnaly got him to turn around after I yelled, "TIDUS!!!" Hey, if you're there 'Tidus', um...great costume? ^_^

So there you have it. The very entusiastic testimony of a fist con goer. And what did I learn after this 2-day exposer to anime, costumes, and free pocky?

That I too wish to become a pirate. Rape, steal, pillage and burn. Rapestealpillageandburn. EAT THE BABIES!

(BTW, I'm that "Juu" person Jessi keeps referring to. Why she insits on calling me that, I'll never know)

!*Jessi-Chan*!
05-25-2003, 09:57 PM
Becasue i like saying Juu. I'm glad our exploits at AZ were the best! Hopefully next yr. will be better since we are actually gonna COSPLAY! YEA!

Rinkun
05-25-2003, 11:00 PM
Friday was good...yes it was...that is all...

me luffles my Kumi (alien 9) costume, i got free stuff again! :D

Himemiya
05-26-2003, 12:07 AM
I'm still mad that people stole our Yuri room posters ;___; I guess it was because we were in a hallway with lots of elevator traffic... Next con, i'm bringing multiple copies!! LONG LIVE THE YURI ROOM!

Link Arroway
05-26-2003, 02:12 AM
weeee... that was a lot of fun, getting there early was great and everything. I enjoyed meeting lotsa people but I wanted to meet more people, I didn't recognise some people I thought I saw from here, I dunno. I was too spaced out or something from all the soda! The AMVs that won were indeed pretty cool, I liked the 'Hello Kitty - Fight' one and the 'Yatta' one :D I had fun cosplaying, altho I didn't do as good a job as I had hoped I would, all the cosplayers are soo good and the skits were so great, I wish I was outgoing enough to do that stuff! I lost my cat tail standing in line for cosplay ;_; oh well, I broke my cat ears anyways later that night, hit myself in the head with my videocamera, but they are still usable :D My friends I went with got annoying so much of the time I was out myself, but I had more time to meet new people that way, yay! And they stayed in the room and played my videogames. I had a lot of fun in the dealers room, I couldn't think of what to buy!! So I waited until there wasn't as much left. Cept, I found a good Evangelion poster that has a picture of the scene from the end of the TV Series which I like because I like the last two epi's just as much as the movies. ^_^ And it has all the episodes listed :) I got it within a couple hours of gettin to the con, so I had reason to be happy right away. Then later I went and got my Chii of Chobits poster, Asuka of Evangelion, and 'shadescroll' this wallscroll made of something that works like window blinds XD of Rinoa from FFVII. Saturday morning I got two free posters down near the dealers room too :). Saturday night was so much fun, with more talking to people and meeting people and running around. The third floor forest was really funny. Sunday was fun and busy but sad, there wasn't much to do the whole day but wrap up. After 8am anyways, before then it was still fun fun saturday night.. Sunday I bid on art and went to closing and bought last things and packed, wandered a lil after, and left. :( I wanted to get the Rei picture by EvaNeko but someone else bid on it at the last minute and I missed it at auction. Someone else is happy enjoying it now I guess ^^, and more money for evaneko! I was able to get my eva artbook with the money I saved, so I am happy, Yay! This con was a lot of fun this year and I wanna go have more fun! I hope to go to more con's now and I wanna meet more ppl in my area that like anime.

rogue
05-26-2003, 09:29 AM
We have pictures up!

http://www.rogueandflexei.com/cosplay

!*Jessi-Chan*!
05-26-2003, 12:53 PM
The only thing i hated about Az is that i couldn't get my costume finished in time! (damn, procrastination...) I DID have this pair of wings in the car that i grabbed on Friday to wear with my pink shirt. OH, and i met no one. I guess that's what we get for not getting a room at the Sheraton. We were like a mile or so away at a Red Roof Inn with no other cosplayers. Only a basketball team that left early that morning for a game or something. I DID want to meet people. (Besides my Ranma Fan dude from the line and this other guy. Both started talkingto me becasue they asked about my shirt.) Many people stared at my Bishie Shirt! Too bad i didn't do the transfers well enough to use next yr...they're all peeling.

Rei2Rei
05-26-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by rogue
We have pictures up!

http://www.rogueandflexei.com/cosplay

Ahh! You posted a pic of me! :D :D :D :D

Heehee..Anyway, AZ was really good this year! I had such a great time!
Friday was ok..it was just to rainy and humid outside so my hair did bad and I felt dirty the whole time. Also it seemed like not many people where there.
Saturday was the best day..more people where there and more people were wearing costumes. It was fun wearing my Chii costume at the Chobits photoshoot and at the Cosplay.com one to. So many people took my pictures and it made me feel good (I was hugged twice and even picked up!). I met a few people there-Liz-maru and her friend Jessi (I think that was her name) and they were both really nice!
Sunday was kinda a resting day. It was nice because it wasn't so crowed.

Well..I can't wait until next year~!! ;)

liz-maru
05-26-2003, 04:25 PM
YAY rei2rei you were the bestest!! ^_- i luv you!! you made me laugh lots and you were so nice too! it was awesome to meet you!! i luv your costumes!! ^_- im glad we met! woo!

arisuchan
05-26-2003, 08:53 PM
I just really wanted to say to Himemiya that you were the only person who know who I was when I was wearing my Merryweather costume on friday!! (I got called Chi waaay too many times) and that I am so sad that I didn't realize that you posted on this board. I feel very silly now *^^*

Kas
05-26-2003, 10:25 PM
Hey everybody..

I'm glad that everyone had a pretty good time. Even I have to say that I had a great time. Although I was sick Friday and Saturday, I still managed to have a good time. (on side note.. get plenty of rest and food or you could get sick like me.. it really sucked) I guess I broke one of the con rules.. but I had to finish up costumes and such so sleep had to come later. ^.^

But anyway.. I want to thank all that attended the jrock/gothic lolita panel on Friday night. I was very nervous and really didn't expect alot of people to come. I also thought that I didn't do the panel justice but I was suprised that people didn't want to leave early. Everybody wanted to just chill and talk and have some fun. ^.^ Alot of people came up to me and my sis afterwards and even the next day or two talking about the panel. They said that it was good. I was shocked.. I kept saying.. "Really..are you sure?" I was very surprised because it was my first panel. I also want to say that everybody that cosplayed and showed off their outfits a big thank you.. You guys ROCK!!! Even people who just came to check out the panel.. You guys ROCK too!!!!

My sis and I want to do another one next year and maybe get with other people that did the other panels as well to have a big jrock event or something.. We also want to do more with the EGL/EGA styles as well... We are gonna try to plan something for Neko con in Nov. Everyones costumes were kick ass!!! We got some pics and will try to get those up this week. Also alot of people wanted a place to go to communicate and get info and such. We are gonna try to get that up soon too.

I wanted to go to the 11:00am panel for jrock but I was sick as a dog and had to finish up my costume. But I did manage to sneek a peek and watch a video before I had to go back up to the room. After the masquarade, I did manage to get to the one that night. It was great. I haven't seen alot of the jrock videos and I was happy to have the opportunity to see them. The ladies that ran that panel were very nice and cool. :-D Oh.. and they had Kaoru's guitar in the dealer's room.. :o If I was rich!!!

The masquarade was cool with the exception of all the disorganization but once it got started it was okay. Congrats to all that won awards. I noticed that everybodies costumes kicked ass. It was a real competition this year. You can tell that people worked hard on their costumes because it showed. Very impressive this year. Congrats to DJ Ranma and their group for winning a judges award. Also to our group for winning a judges award too. I gotta give a shout to to my bro for the always impressive Wing Zero for winning Best in Show and in Advance. You rock bro!!!

I wish I could have met alot of you.. But now that I remember I think I saw alot of people from cosplay.com many times. If I wasn't sick, I would have hung out alot more. I was dressed in EGA on friday and most of Saturday. I was also Black Magician of Chaos from Yu-gi-oh. You guys rock!! Everyone was soo nice. I look forward to next year at AZ.. I'm also planning to attend Star Wars weekend in Orlando, Otakon and Nekocon. I hope to see and meet more cosplay.com members. :-)

!*Jessi-Chan*!
05-26-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Kas
I gotta give a shout to to my bro for the always impressive Wing Zero for winning Best in Show and in Advance. You rock bro!!!

I was also Black Magician of Chaos from Yu-gi-oh.

your bro was the gundam? That was like majorly cool. I actually ran to get a picture of the Gundam! And you were the Black Magician? I wish i could have found your entire group to get a picture, but my family was way sleepy.

Kas
05-26-2003, 10:50 PM
He's not my real bro but I've known him for awhile.. He's really cool and very talented. Yea.. we had a Chaos, Mystical Elf, Celtic Guardian and Reaper of Cards. Most of our group was very tired too. @_@

I wish I could have met ya Jess! Maybe next year!!

Himemiya
05-26-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by arisuchan
I just really wanted to say to Himemiya that you were the only person who know who I was when I was wearing my Merryweather costume on friday!! (I got called Chi waaay too many times) and that I am so sad that I didn't realize that you posted on this board. I feel very silly now *^^*

AAAAAHHHHH Arisu-chan you were Merryweather! AAAHHH!! I just now made the connection!!! XD XD XD Whatever you do, don't make the costume on volume 2 of godchild! Because i want to make that costume, and if i see you in it, i'll cry because you are the PERFECT Merryweather and i wont want to do it after you ^^;;

radial
05-26-2003, 11:45 PM
Pictures up here as well:
www.radialmonster.com/works/cons/animazement2003

evaneko
05-27-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Link Arroway
:( I wanted to get the Rei picture by EvaNeko but someone else bid on it at the last minute and I missed it at auction. Someone else is happy enjoying it now I guess ^^, and more money for evaneko!

whee!! i love ppl who make me get more $$ ^^

but anywayz... az was totally so much fun this year- despite a very bad experience getting my $$ after the art auction... blah. but i will be selling much less mediocre picutres next year... those were so... blah. I had so much fun actually entering in the cosplay even though that all white costume made me look heavy and boobless... and it was fun being yuffie- but if i ever wear that costume again im making longer shorts for sure. i know himemiya and met fweepockeygirl and i thought i saw a few people who could have been people from here but i was too shy to say anything... >< I really wished that i could have made it to the cosplay panel and the jrock/lolita panel but my ride was being really bitchy so that kinda just fell through -_-

i really wish i could contact the pirates and ask if i can be an honorary member or something ^^ they were so kewl.. except the part about baby eating... that isnt very nice ^^;;;

my only regret is that i didnt get to take very many pictures this year because i couldnt change the film in my camera (gah... i can be so dumb some times)- but i did like getting the first 5 volumes of ragnarok for working at the anime pavillion booth ^^ super cool!!

~eva

j-chan
05-27-2003, 11:46 AM
two of the pirates (including the main guy in the skull cap barking orders!) are in my anime club. i had no idea that they were planning to do that! :o i can pass on your request when i go to my club meeting tonight. >3

my con report is pending~... i'm getting my pictures back tonight! yay!

ShingoBunny
05-27-2003, 11:49 AM
LOL... I have to get my con report together... XDDD I should have it up soon. That is if I'm not lazy ^^;. Wait... I'm out of school for the summer! ^^;;;; I'll probably do it sometime today.

Himemiya
05-27-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by j-chan
two of the pirates (including the main guy in the skull cap barking orders!) are in my anime club. i had no idea that they were planning to do that! :o i can pass on your request when i go to my club meeting tonight. >3

my con report is pending~... i'm getting my pictures back tonight! yay!

Tell them I want to be a pirate too!

ShingoBunny
05-27-2003, 01:47 PM
lmao, after that, I think everyone wants to be a pirate now >XDD. I know I do!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
05-27-2003, 08:07 PM
BEING PIRATE IS FUN!!!!! But, alas, i can not be a pirate next year! The sunday that we came home, we had already planned groups for next yr. and started recruiting people!!! We only had two people in our group [if you can call us a group.] Juu's mom and my mom were there, but my mom never stayed. [her, my sister, and my little cousin kept leaving.....] I just think it'll be tons more fun with more people!!!!

I wish i would have met you too Kas! I wish i could have met a lot of you!

radial
05-27-2003, 08:12 PM
for those interested, there's also a small yahoo group called animazement_cosplayers you may want to join.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/animazement_cosplayers/join

akiko
05-27-2003, 08:32 PM
http://www.comiku.com/archives/00000145.htm is the Comiku.com Convention Report. I think I got a little long winded, but I wanted to comment on everything I could remember *grin*.

--Akiko

!*Jessi-Chan*!
05-27-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by akiko
http://www.comiku.com/archives/00000145.htm is the Comiku.com Convention Report. I think I got a little long winded, but I wanted to comment on everything I could remember *grin*.

--Akiko

Were you the girl in the wheelchair? I may have read your report wrong......If you are, nice dedication to Anime!!! U still came out despite being ina wheelchair! YAY!

akiko
05-27-2003, 09:05 PM
No, you read it correctly - I was "the girl in a wheelchair" *heh* I prefer to think of myself as the "Injured Rei", though I admit "girl in wheelchair" is probably more distinctive, as I was the only conguest in a wheelchair *grin*

Its funny, when I realized I wasn't going to be able to walk, the idea of NOT going to the convention didn't even cross my mind, instead I just found ways to make it work and I worried about making a costume to fit my limited mobility...

--Akiko

!*Jessi-Chan*!
05-27-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by akiko
No, you read it correctly - I was "the girl in a wheelchair" *heh* I prefer to think of myself as the "Injured Rei", though I admit "girl in wheelchair" is probably more distinctive, as I was the only conguest in a wheelchair *grin*

Its funny, when I realized I wasn't going to be able to walk, the idea of NOT going to the convention didn't even cross my mind, instead I just found ways to make it work and I worried about making a costume to fit my limited mobility...

--Akiko

That's cool! You've got heart and spirit! I only say you at the cosplay. I was like row behind you on the other side.

AshleyV
05-27-2003, 11:53 PM
Akiko! That was a great job! I was the Dark Gunner Yuna in the bathroom!

Oshi
05-28-2003, 01:24 AM
Animazement... was definately the most relaxed con I've been to yet. Very enjoyable. I didn't really meet anyone new... kinda kept to myself and my group. Ah well. I'm sure if anyone wanted to meet me they woulda tracked me down ;D

And a word for the wise: Hot tub before cosplay = relaxed and ready to perform. I highly reccommend it *o*

arisuchan
05-28-2003, 07:51 AM
(>>>AAAAAHHHHH Arisu-chan you were Merryweather! AAAHHH!! I just now made the connection!!! XD XD XD Whatever you do, don't make the costume on volume 2 of godchild! Because i want to make that costume, and if i see you in it, i'll cry because you are the PERFECT Merryweather and i wont want to do it after you ^^;; )

Himemiya I don't want to hear such silliness *^^* You would make a perfectly lovely Merryweather with or without me making the costume, so make it and be as unknown as I was *laugh* Beware being called Chi alot.

And I agree with Oshi, such a relaxed con. Though I am torn between being sad and happy that I didn't do as much cosplaying as I had planned orginally. Oh well, it was still a wonderful con. And I started putting pics in my gallery, not much there as of yet but soon hopefully *^^*

ShingoBunny
05-28-2003, 02:43 PM
v_v;;; I know how it is to be mistaken for another character.... I was called Tetsuo for most of the con. ^^; At least SOME people knew I was K'9999....

Farmboybob
05-28-2003, 06:23 PM
Hehehe Shingo... at first I thought you were Tetsuo too. :D

And Akiko, you definantly get points for determination. I give you two thumbs up!:bigtu: :bigtu:

Yuna
05-28-2003, 11:14 PM
W00t! First picture of me that I've seen besides Admin's!
http://www.radialmonster.com/works/cons/animazement2003/DSCF0016.JPG

XD Yay~ Thanks Radial!~ I look a bit lopsided. but yum X3

ShingoBunny
05-28-2003, 11:20 PM
*glomps Bob* Mou~ XDD You saw me and didn't say hi... but you realized that I wasn't Tetsuo, so it's all cool XDDD

Link Arroway
05-28-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by ShingoBunny
v_v;;; I know how it is to be mistaken for another character.... I was called Tetsuo for most of the con. ^^; At least SOME people knew I was K'9999....

I kept calling Yui, Ritsuko for some reason, my brain doesnt function with massive amounts of excitement.

akiko
05-29-2003, 06:42 PM
Woo hoo! I get points :) *grin*

--Akiko

Mako-san
05-29-2003, 07:09 PM
Akiko, very ingenious cosplay!! At first I thought, oh no..but then I realized your foot was really injured and thought, oh wow! that is really cool! Lots of guts to cosplay even when recovering! You are my hero!

Link Arroway
05-30-2003, 12:41 AM
Yeah! Rei in wheelchair was relly cool :D Musta been tough recovering but very cool. Awesome contacts ^_^

akiko
05-30-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Mako-san
Akiko, very ingenious cosplay!! At first I thought, oh no..but then I realized your foot was really injured and thought, oh wow! that is really cool! Lots of guts to cosplay even when recovering! You are my hero!

*giggle* Trust me, I can't see ANYONE doing a con in a wheelchair if they didn't have to... Can we say, no dealers room for Akiko? And as Ashley can attest, I had issues with the bathrooms, or anytime there was a door...

But I'm glad the costume worked so well... I wasn't entirely satistied with some of the details when I finished it. Not that it was bad, but it was a costume of Rei, rather than Rei come to life, like so many of you achieved with your costumes.

--Akiko

Ranma Saotome
06-03-2003, 12:56 PM
AZ 2003 Photos - http://www.rebelcosplay.com/gallery/az2003_ranma

!*Jessi-Chan*!
06-03-2003, 02:43 PM
Those are some nice pictures there, Ranma. What group is that you got a pic of on the lawn?