PDA

View Full Version : Cloud's Hair

db chan
05-23-2003, 01:48 PM
Well. We have a blonde wig, its mighty long but wer'e planning on cutting it to the proper length.

Does anyone out there have tips for styling a wig to proper cloud pointy-ness and altitude?

I'll give you lots of candy if you help.

...the candy is also evil

>.>

khamryn
05-29-2003, 08:51 PM
Uhm.. use ICE hairspray

I did my hair up really funny when I first got mine.. its practically glue. ^_^; (its punker hairspray, thats why ^^)

JacksUsername
05-30-2003, 12:36 AM
haha, ICE Hairspray: that's what my roommate gave me for doing my Wolverine hair...yeah, the stuff is great and should get the effect done fine.

HikaruCat
06-03-2003, 11:57 AM
http://www.cosplay-heaven.de/Ru4.htm

Moonie Padfoot
06-11-2003, 10:48 PM
Hunt down Matt Miller and demand that he tell you how he does it. That's all I have to say ^.^

BustaJonesGavin
06-12-2003, 08:11 PM
LOL, yes....you're right Moonie. As being Matt's roommate, (and trying my hardest not to be bias), he does indeed have the most amazing Cloud hair I have ever seen. Watching him make it was cool too. Its really simple once you get the hang of it.

Just get an adjustable canvas wig head....secure the wig to it and hang it upside down using the clamp on the canvas head. Actually, before hanging it upside down, put a head stocking over the wig with a hole in it, so you can pull the hair through when it is upside down. That way you can do each spike individually without other hair getting in your way.

If you have any other questions, go ahead and post em. :)

GOOD LUCK!

Oh yeah....use clear ICE SPIKERS and Aqua Net. LOL

ChicoChan
06-13-2003, 12:03 AM
GLUE XD XD XD
my friend keenan actually used elmers glue in his hair for his red head costume....not only did it work like a charm is gravity defying his hair ^_^
it washed out that night ^_~

Lyn
06-17-2003, 06:21 PM
Oh boy, looks like you're using the same method I did years ago. Just be very very careful when cutting it or else you'll end up with a really messed up wig, like I did. I couldn't get a hold of any decent gel, so I used a mix of glue and gel to get a few spikes to stay in place but it still looks very little like Cloud's hair. But there are others I've seen that have gotten the hair practically perfect, Matt espicially.

I gave up on my wig and am now just using it for a punk version of Cloud instead since my friend did a fanart pic of him with his spikes semi-flattened and thats what my wig looks like now, lol. So, hopefully you'll have a lot better results than I did with mine. ^^; Plus, I had 2 friends doing it (while it was on my head x_x) and we had to spray it too since it wasn't the right blonde. Heh, it was our first experience with cosplay though I often cringe when thinking of what we did to that poor thing.