PDA

View Full Version : Otakuthon

Shadix
10-19-2007, 11:45 PM
Hi guys!
I would like to know if someone here is going to go to Otakuthon 2008. Will you cosplay? Do you want to organize photoshoots or something?

I know it's like... about ten months in advance but the sooner and the longer we talk about it, the better it'll be :bigtu:

Otakuthon 2008, Montréal, in the beginning of August

Vicky Janelle
10-20-2007, 12:07 AM
Luigi from Super Mario Bros.
My Yoshi will carry a sign that will say Mama Luigi.

jusdepomme
10-20-2007, 01:18 PM
I'll be there but I don't know which costume I'll bring since it's so far away in time. I might wear Shuichi in a banana... but not sure

trixyloupwolf
10-20-2007, 02:29 PM
ya far away ^^;;
but might wear floone from disgea
if all goes well ^^

loki555
10-20-2007, 11:17 PM
I will probably gonna be Eternal Sailor Chibimoon and Princess Tutu if can make the costume in time ^^;;

TotoToshiya
10-20-2007, 11:21 PM
lol my sis loves Princess Tutu XD
I might go again. Depends what I am up to next summer

Uta Arashino
10-20-2007, 11:39 PM
I'd -like- to go, though I'd have to figure out transportation and stuff. Don't know who I'd be if I did go, though Trixy makes me want to cosplay Etna...or, the more that I think about it, Rozalin.

Mimiwu
10-21-2007, 12:13 PM
Uta- didn't I mention to you that my aunt was up for driving me and some friends to this and getting a hotel? ; D

yeydisgaea! I love all the characters; if I was someone I wouldn't know who to be. xD

Uta Arashino
10-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Uta- didn't I mention to you that my aunt was up for driving me and some friends to this and getting a hotel? ; D

yeydisgaea! I love all the characters; if I was someone I wouldn't know who to be. xD

You said she would do it, I dun think you gave a "fo sho". >.>
You wanna take Michael and me too? I think we've officially decided on Rozalin and Adell, and I might bust out RB Wakaba again.

Chibi Lenne
10-21-2007, 09:39 PM
I'd like to go to this...but.. 2008 is my year at ComicCon in SD so that'll take up the vast majority of my con funds

Mimiwu
10-21-2007, 09:56 PM
It depends on how many people I can bring, and I still need to talk to my aunt. I'm sure I could bring Uta and Michael, and I wanna bring Kiyo.

Chibi, if Im allowed more I'll bring you! Itd be a split hotel cost, and chances are my aunt'll pay for a chunka it.

Still depends on how many I can bring.

I'm debating on a Ranpha from Galaxy Angel costume... xD

TotoToshiya
10-21-2007, 10:00 PM
If I go, I most likely will be driving. If anyone needs a ride and can provide excellent directions XD Im bad with directions, Ill be glad to give people a ride.. if my rents let me >.>

Chibi Lenne
10-21-2007, 10:07 PM
It depends on how many people I can bring, and I still need to talk to my aunt. I'm sure I could bring Uta and Michael, and I wanna bring Kiyo.

Chibi, if Im allowed more I'll bring you! Itd be a split hotel cost, and chances are my aunt'll pay for a chunka it.

Still depends on how many I can bring.

I'm debating on a Ranpha from Galaxy Angel costume... xD

XD Squee!

That'd be awesome if you can swing it. I more than likely won't make anything new for this. Probably wear Anthy or bring my Fairy that I'll have at ComicCon or something

Mimiwu
10-22-2007, 10:33 PM
:3
Uta's also hoping to bring her car... more room means more people!

But chyeah, I'm planning on being Raspberyl from Disgaea 3, and maybe Ranpha from Galaxy Angel... and rewearing anything I've done and am satisfied with.

spector
10-28-2007, 01:07 AM
Toto...The drive to Montreal is fairly easy, 401 east all the way and if they are still holding the event at Concordia University, then you simply need to follow the road signs into the downtown core (which is not huge/advantage of an island city)
I'm planning on going in 08 with a couple of friends. Of course for me that's going home since I grew up in MTL and my parents still live there.
Not sure on costuming...but it will likely involve TB.
Spector

TotoToshiya
10-28-2007, 01:46 AM
Ah ok, then it shouldn't be hard hopefully for me XD
Though I'd rather have someone with me for company XD
3 hours in a car alone can be boring XP
Maybe Ill take the bus if I feel like spending the money.

Ryocha
10-28-2007, 05:28 PM
It's a possibility for me, we'll have to see what happens in the future. ;3 I'de love to go though, I've only been to AC Cubed in Ottawa and Anime North in Toronto, so it'd be a good change. :3

kiyo-chan
10-28-2007, 06:56 PM
xD
I am possibly going to this.. I think? With Mimi?
I dunno.
but I have no idea what I'm cosplaying if so. XD

Chibi Lenne
10-28-2007, 08:58 PM
Kiyo should cosplay Utena stuff with me n' Uta if we go?

kiyo-chan
10-28-2007, 09:02 PM
Ooooh. xD
That sounds promising. XD
*jots down into list she's making of things to do*

Uta Arashino
10-28-2007, 09:43 PM
And Mimi. I think she's decided she will make...that costume we were discussing. Hey, let's keep it a secret. Nyuk nyuk nyuk.
Kiyo should also join Disgaea group-ness. Pleinair~ I've even got a blue wig you could borrow for it.

kiyo-chan
10-28-2007, 10:11 PM
Nani? I've never really heard of Disgaea before.
*sigh*
Is this something else I'm going to get corrupted into for no reason? XD

Mimiwu
10-28-2007, 11:03 PM
Yes, I'll be making the secret Utena character costume- I'mma need pictures of me and Zahm's Saionji! xD

I've decided on Disgaea 3 Raspberyl. She's so cute!

Kiyo, be Pleinair! She's cute and has a simple design.

kiyo-chan
10-28-2007, 11:26 PM
She is rather simple...

^^;
Kay, I will. I like hurr.

trixyloupwolf
10-29-2007, 12:27 AM
hey iam supose to be flonne from Disgaea at otakuthon ^^
cool
and some my friend maybe too ^^
don't know wich costume they will put on at otakuthon so ^^;;

but me its sure one day iam putting flonne on ^^
cool group picture^^hehe!!
trixy

Uta Arashino
10-29-2007, 12:31 AM
Yeah, it's because of you that I decided to do Rozalin...and then I kinda conned them to follow suit. Yay for Disgaea group!

Which version of Flonne are you doing?

Kaijugal
10-29-2007, 02:03 AM
Hi guys!
I would like to know if someone here is going to go to Otakuthon 2008. Will you cosplay? Do you want to organize photoshoots or something?

I know it's like... about ten months in advance but the sooner and the longer we talk about it, the better it'll be :bigtu:

Otakuthon 2008, Montréal, in the beginning of August

It's too far away to say what I will be cosplaying, but I surely would like to attend Otakuthon again. :)

FullMetalSam
10-29-2007, 09:58 AM
*Raises Hand*
I'll be there too... as far as cosplaying, don't know.

Probably won't make something new for Otakuthon though... so might wear Auron again or bring back Odin from Odin Sphere.

Gilly_kins
10-29-2007, 12:45 PM
I'm considering going, it depends on if i have the money to ...and if i can get to Montréal .... and have a hotel room. I need a job -_-"

loki555
10-29-2007, 05:05 PM
It's too far away to say what I will be cosplaying, but I surely would like to attend Otakuthon again. =)

You should definitly attend otakuthon again and if you do,i want to have a pic wit you dawn ^_^ While im at it,check your PMs ^^

Sarcasm-hime
10-29-2007, 07:47 PM
It's too far away to say what I will be cosplaying, but I surely would like to attend Otakuthon again. :)

Me too! I love Montréal!

trixyloupwolf
10-30-2007, 12:16 AM
Yeah, it's because of you that I decided to do Rozalin...and then I kinda conned them to follow suit. Yay for Disgaea group!

Which version of Flonne are you doing?

the blue and white outfit ^^

It's too far away to say what I will be cosplaying, but I surely would like to attend Otakuthon again.

yeah!!!

Sarcasm-hime : Me too! I love Montréal!
super yeah!
hope you come again ^^
chat a bit more with ya next tiome hopefully ^^
with kaijugal ^^
yeah yeah yeah!

hug!

trixy

Uta Arashino
10-30-2007, 01:51 AM
Closer to the date, we totally need to plan a photoshoot.
I think we have...Rozalin, Adell, Raspberryl, Pleinair and you as angel Flonne. >.>

Mimiwu
10-30-2007, 08:26 AM
*kinda wants to do fallen Flonne but won't cause Raspberyl owns*

kiyo-chan
10-30-2007, 10:08 AM
XD
I'm still looking at all those Disgaea characters, so Pleinair is just my 'decision' for now.
XDDD

Shadix
10-30-2007, 04:52 PM
I think I'll cosplay Nanao from Bleach because someone told me I look like her. If it's not her it'll be another Bleach character... ' maybe Yoruichi, Soi Fong or Kisuke (a men? yeah! why not?).
I really am Bleach addicted xD

Ryocha
10-30-2007, 05:03 PM
I think I'll cosplay Nanao from Bleach because someone told me I look like her. If it's not her it'll be another Bleach character... ' maybe Yoruichi, Soi Fong or Kisuke (a men? yeah! why not?).
I really am Bleach addicted xD

I'll have to catch ya there, since I might go as Yumichika. x3

Shadix
11-01-2007, 10:55 PM
I'll have to catch ya there, since I might go as Yumichika. x3
I need to find a Kyoraku Shunsui xD
But yeah that would be great! It's always fun to meet Bleach fans :bigtu:

We're talking in English about the Otakuthon, where most of people who get there speaks French xD

I want to do a skit...

Chibi Lenne
11-01-2007, 11:53 PM
I guarantee you if I go to Otakuthon I shall be speaking English. I don't think I remember enough French to carry on a conversation ^_^()

loki555
11-02-2007, 12:18 AM
Dont worry Chibi. As i telled you on MSN,this is a blingual con so you wiill find lot of peoples that can speak in english there =)

kiyo-chan
11-02-2007, 12:21 AM
xD
AND I speak french, so I can translate if necessary.
: D

Uta Arashino
11-02-2007, 12:24 AM
Yeah... I learned more German in a week of class, than I learned of French in five years. ^^;
But the website assured me it was bilingual, as does loki555 now. Though, I think if I do end up entering the masquerade, I won't use any speech at all. Just...well placed music and sound effects.

trixyloupwolf
11-02-2007, 12:53 AM
cool
can't wait to see ya all there ^^

maskerade is so fun ^^
i love them ^^

pretty pretty costume ^^

yeah! more people are coming it so fun ^^

bilingue is fun too ^^
half english half french people alway end up understanding each other even with just gesture ^^

even if some don't speach english they might just understand it ^^
etc....

Alexia and Uta Arashi
your coming here ^o^
more friend more fun ^^

^o^

Chibi Lenne
11-02-2007, 01:18 AM
Trixy, I'm hoping to. If I come I'm coming with Mimi and Kiyo

trixyloupwolf
11-02-2007, 02:29 AM
Trixy, I'm hoping to. If I come I'm coming with Mimi and Kiyo
mm i may know them only by name of this forum ^^;;;;;

but iam sure i saw them ^^
iam happy to know your comming ^o^ yeah!
picture this time ^^;; hope i find ya for one or 3 picture ^^

what will you cosplay ?
know it yet ??
me surelly flonne blue and white version ^^;;;
and one for sunday ...don't know yet ^^;;

kiyo-chan
11-02-2007, 12:36 PM
xD
Yeah, I'm hoping the three of us can go. XD
It'll be loads of fun.
^^;

And hm. Yeah, I only know you on Cosplay.com, trixy. : D If I go, I'm going to get a picture of you though.
Vraiment. XD

Chibi Lenne
11-02-2007, 01:19 PM
mm i may know them only by name of this forum ^^;;;;;

but iam sure i saw them ^^
iam happy to know your comming ^o^ yeah!
picture this time ^^;; hope i find ya for one or 3 picture ^^

what will you cosplay ?
know it yet ??
me surelly flonne blue and white version ^^;;;
and one for sunday ...don't know yet ^^;;

I know ;_; we didn't get any time for photos at FanExpo this year. I think I'm bringing my Rosebride Anthy and *thinks* something Sailor Moon maybe I dunno. I'm going to ComicCon in SanDiego this year so I don't really have the money to make a lot of new costumes.

OH!! UTAAAA we should re-wear Cyprine and Ptilol!!

Uta Arashino
11-02-2007, 01:36 PM
But but...Rozalin. D:
Unless we wear them on the magical pre-reg day that I read about on Wiki. >.>

Mimiwu
11-02-2007, 01:58 PM
I've got secret Rosebride and Raspberyl; for the prereg day I could rewear Mimete.

: D Staffs FTW!

kiyo-chan
11-02-2007, 06:19 PM
;-;
Damn Viluy...
Damn vacations...
XD

I've got Pleinair. xD And thassit. So far. >_>;;

trixyloupwolf
11-04-2007, 07:40 PM
yeah ^^
can't wait for otakuthon ^^
hopelly i will find time to meet ya again ^^

there a bubble tea near by ^^
we could get a drink there

weell its still far away dough^^;;
hehe

Chibi Lenne
11-04-2007, 07:54 PM
yeah ^^
can't wait for otakuthon ^^
hopelly i will find time to meet ya again ^^

there a bubble tea near by ^^
we could get a drink there

weell its still far away dough^^;;
hehe

Bubble tea?! OMG! >_< *whines* I want bubble tea *never had any*

Is this...a 2 day or 3 day con ._.

though I dunno about Ptilol now it'll depend on if we do uniforms or rewear witches 5 I'm all for either

Uta Arashino
11-04-2007, 09:29 PM
From what I've read, it's a 2-day con with an extra day for pre-reggers? Something like that.

kiyo-chan
11-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Mhm, that's what it says on the website...

trixyloupwolf
11-05-2007, 12:00 PM
yep thats right
unless they change it ^^;;
i have no clu about all tha info saddly ^^;;

but iam sure it be fun ^^

Mimiwu
11-19-2007, 08:44 AM
...Mimi likes uniform idea.

I also REALLY wanna do the four outer senshi's Eternal outfits... *gonk*

But I'm good with uniformishy things. xD But would Uta do ChibiUsa, or Hotaru...?

O.O;

Chibi Lenne
11-19-2007, 09:40 AM
...Mimi likes uniform idea.

I also REALLY wanna do the four outer senshi's Eternal outfits... *gonk*

But I'm good with uniformishy things. xD But would Uta do ChibiUsa, or Hotaru...?

O.O;

No Eternals T_T *threw that costume away as it was made of phail* maybe...in 2009 XD

Uta Arashino
11-19-2007, 03:57 PM
Uta would do ChibiUsa, because she doesn't want to make three costumes for Otakuthon, when one of them is Rozalin, and when she's going on vacation right after and won't be back until the week before CNA... >.>
Which means I need to finish almost all of the costumes for CNA before I leave for Otakuthon. (Which is okay...I guess...except for Endymion.)

kiyo-chan
11-19-2007, 07:38 PM
XD
*skips around knowing she will likely be re-wearing something*
Unless Mimi corrupts me to do Eternal...
which she might do.
*is getting better at not getting corrupted*
: D

Chibi Lenne
11-19-2007, 07:40 PM
I vote for School uniforms over eternals *nods*

kiyo-chan
11-19-2007, 07:40 PM
*nudges purple suit*
Bwahaha.
XD
I'd do eet.

Uta Arashino
11-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Uta also votes for school uniforms, since my Eternals fuku is crap. >.>

Mimiwu
11-19-2007, 11:57 PM
*debates on either Haruka or Rei for schoolness*

Hmmm... xD It'd be cute if we had all the outers, but if Uta does Chibi Usa, then I'll do Rei. xD Or something.

*eyes Kakyuu* n___n

Chibi Lenne
11-20-2007, 01:27 AM
*give Chibi-eyes to Mimi* Haru-chan? <3

Ryocha
11-20-2007, 10:15 AM
Just out of curiosity, but can we make a list for the cosplayers who are going to be attending? o:

Chibi Lenne
11-20-2007, 02:35 PM
I almost wonder if we need a new thread for that, since I don't know if the OP has / is coming back to this thread ^_^()

Ryocha
11-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Ah, good point. I didn't notice that he/she had left in the first place. ^^; Oops.

And if you want you could start one. I'm still on the maybe for Otakuthon since I will most likely be working around that time and I'm not sure if I can get the time off for it. >_< Stupid society... making me miss my blue-moon anime cons...

spector
11-21-2007, 12:11 AM
I'm planning on going this year. I missed the last two because of school and performance commitments... So I'm looking to make it happen this time around.
Spector

Mimiwu
11-21-2007, 02:27 PM
Maybe I'll be Haru, it depends on how much I like cosplaying her at DTAC. XD

Personally, I think I look WAY to girly to be Haru... but, y'know. xD

KazeSwordsman
11-21-2007, 07:54 PM
I`m going and cosplaying as the cool Suman Dark with innoncence active

XKelpieX
11-22-2007, 10:46 PM
I also vote for school uniforms. My sister and I will be Minako and Makoto and I'm going to push my friend Julie into being Usagi.
As for transportation.... BWAHAHAHAHA I LIVE THERE. I'll probably be doing a Sailor Moon panel as well. So, if you want in on that (I need people) we can talk.

Chibi Lenne
11-22-2007, 11:02 PM
Kelpie, if you're doing a panel and I go I'd very much like to be on it. SM ftw!

Uta Arashino
11-23-2007, 12:45 AM
I'm not one for panels, myself. In fact, I think I've attended...one. (Makes me wonder what I do with all my con time.)
That and I'll only be wearing uniform on pre-reg Friday, if it's the same format as last year. Rozalin and Utena take precedence over ChibiUsa. ('Specially Rozalin.)

Mimiwu
11-23-2007, 02:38 AM
Yeah, no idea what I'm doing Friday. Other days are Raspberyl and Secret Rosebride of Doom. xD

*will probably talk Kiyo into something*

kiyo-chan
11-23-2007, 07:23 AM
Uhoh.
XD

Friday's Plu-chan's lab coat, methinks.
XD

XKelpieX
11-23-2007, 08:34 AM
Kelpie, if you're doing a panel and I go I'd very much like to be on it. SM ftw!

Okay! I've done a panel both years so far. The first one I did with two of my friends and it went great, but this year I went solo and although I had fun, I really wish there had been more people with me.
We're only allowed 5o mins though ;.; How we're going to get through all/most of Sailor Moon in 50 mins....
Ah, well, it's not til next summer.

Mimiwu
11-23-2007, 01:50 PM
xD
I'd most likely go... I've never been to a panel before. O.O
Only veiwings and stuff with the 404's. xD

And... does Otakuthon have a Masqerade? O.O

Uta Arashino
11-23-2007, 04:03 PM
Yes it does, Meemers. *looked it all up*
*was planning something* >.>

Chibi Lenne
11-23-2007, 04:30 PM
I did that one panel at AN with Mekou (that I hope to have again if I have time) and I did 3 at Polaris those were...ah...interesting.

But its fun and I enjoy it.

*eyes Uta* what's you got planned?

Ryocha
11-23-2007, 06:24 PM
xD

*stumbles back a bit* NEVER? Then you've been missing out on some awesome discussions then. I hosted AC3's first Gundam panel alongside three others that included Mark Nyugen~

I would offer my assistance in this matter, but I'm still iffy about going. x_x Not sure if I'll have the money for it. *weeps*

Ryocha
11-23-2007, 06:24 PM
xD

*stumbles back a bit* N-NEVER? Then you've been missing out on some awesome discussions then. I hosted AC3's first Gundam panel alongside three others that included Mark Nyugen~ o:

I would offer my assistance in this matter, but I'm still iffy about going. x_x Not sure if I'll have the money for it. *weeps*

Uta Arashino
11-23-2007, 06:32 PM
I did that one panel at AN with Mekou (that I hope to have again if I have time) and I did 3 at Polaris those were...ah...interesting.

But its fun and I enjoy it.

*eyes Uta* what's you got planned?

Something Disgaea related. >.>

Mimiwu
11-25-2007, 08:05 PM
YEYSKITWOT? : D

And for the Friday fo con me and Kiyo're doing Sakura and Tomoyo from an artbook picture. : 3

Uta Arashino
11-25-2007, 08:53 PM
No Moonie-ness then?

If not, then I'll be wearing Rozalin Friday as well.

loki555
11-25-2007, 08:58 PM
Dont worry,i will definitly wear Eternal Chibimoon next year XD

MeowMix20
01-02-2008, 03:33 PM
im going to be there for sure ^_^
im still not 100% sure on who I'll cosplay as
Hope to see you all there =D

Nefer
01-02-2008, 05:27 PM
Probably gonna be there, if I can convince my friends! Well, I did convince them to come to Anime North 08, and it's almost 8 hours from here, while Montreal is about an hour and a half, so!

Probably gonna talk french most of the time though (except if I meet people who only understand english), I'll talk enough in english at AN for the year, especially if it's like last time and my friends just let me talk instead of them all con!

As for costumes, well either my Chrono Crusade one I'll be wearing at AN, or perhaps my Rangiku Matsumoto that I wore this Halloween, since I won't be the only one from Bleach this time!

spector
01-07-2008, 10:41 PM
ALright, I just booked a hotel room, so I'm pretty commited to going at this point...Looking at Trinity Blood and maybe something Steam punk a la D. Gray Man...or Midnight Opera...but like so many others I'm still not sure on the costuming. Looking forward to bumping into some of you there.

jusdepomme
01-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Chances are that I'll be as Mercedes saturday and something else I don't know sunday...

Abygel4
02-07-2008, 10:29 AM
HI, im new and im going to attemp cosplay at otakuthon too ^^ I dont know which character im gonna cosplay has, but im looking forward to going.

Littleanarch
02-10-2008, 02:54 PM
I am going to it!!

I can't wait it is awesome for Quebec anime freaks
well i am probably going as skull kid or Sora christmas town(from final Mix)
Ya so I can't wait hope to see all of you there

Littleanarch
02-10-2008, 03:08 PM
Ya so I speak english/French man I can't wait just skull kid is very hard to cosplay while I can make the mask but worst is it would look like a chicken but we have like 5 MONTHS LEFT YAY

Nefer
02-10-2008, 06:25 PM
A little trick: Just look at the Anbu mask tutorial on this site, it might help a bit for Sora's mask I think ^^
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=100544&highlight=Anbu+mask

Misa_Amane12
02-15-2008, 08:19 PM
I'll be there !!! im gonna be disguise in ino but im a little sad TT^TT nobody come with me !!! yeah i know im a little weird :D :bigtu:

Nefer
02-17-2008, 08:55 AM
I'll be there !!! im gonna be disguise in ino but im a little sad TT^TT nobody come with me !!! yeah i know im a little weird

Don't be sad about that, I personally still have to convince my friends to come! :P But since they go to AN in May with me, I guess I'll manage... I HOPE!!!

Littleanarch
02-17-2008, 04:30 PM
I'll be there !!! im gonna be disguise in ino but im a little sad TT^TT nobody come with me !!! yeah i know im a little weird :D :bigtu:

ya like nefer said really don't be sad about it i got dragged by my friends i bet one of ur friends will come with u i live in the middle of nowhere i live in pointe-Calumet and i go to Ltm high school it doesn't work out!!