PDA

View Full Version : Cardboard tutorials anybody? Can you point to good one?

Istrebitel
10-22-2007, 01:12 PM
Greetings. I am new to cosplay and i am, well, in need of some information how-to and so on :)

I want to make Metalhawk from Transformers:Masterforce costume, and as it is close to those Gundam and so on mecha, i think that cardboard method will be right for making it. But...

I seem to find NO tutorials at making things from cardboard. No at all. There are craft foam tutorials, fiber-something, PVC, stuff... no cardboard!

What i need is a BASIC INFORMATION on HOW TO WORK WITH IT! Because there are pleny Gundam costumes that look .. SUGOI! and i wanna make something, if not close to that masterpiece, at lease something using the same technique....

So please, can anyone point me to a cardboard tutorial of some kind? Thank you!

Istrebitel
10-22-2007, 01:13 PM
Here is the character pic - Metalhawk that is
http://www.tfu.info/1988/Cybertron/Metalhawk/metalhawk.htm

there is a pic of him, called "shell", where he is in human form, on that page, thats what i am attempting to make

Istrebitel
10-23-2007, 10:58 AM
i've read up all featherweight tutorials. that says alot, thanks to him.

still, can someone help me PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Shadowoffire123
10-23-2007, 05:45 PM
You could try to PM Featherweight and ask for advice. He made a very good Gundam costume out of cardboard.

Istrebitel
10-24-2007, 04:53 AM
Shadowoffire123, i did wrote him a letter, but got no answer yet :( Though i've read all of his tutorials and trying something right now basing on his pictures...

Istrebitel
10-24-2007, 08:24 AM
written him a PM too... will wait for answer...

KillaBeeSwarm
10-24-2007, 07:36 PM
Just to make sure I'm following correctly, you want to make cardboard Gundamesque armor of Metalhawk?

Velvet Wings
10-25-2007, 01:16 AM
This costume?

Istrebitel
10-26-2007, 03:39 AM
yes and i did post a link for it already, though could not post direct link to the picture, because its somehow protected from direct linking :)

My costume wont be gundamese - if you mean FULL PLATE kind of armor. It will have some body parts open - like seen on the picture.