PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Day 0?

BART Boy
10-22-2007, 02:28 PM
Hey guys!

It's the week of Yaoi-con! So how many of you will be coming in on Day 0? Who's gonna cosplay on Day 0? =D

I'll be coming in just to see what's up and help set up a little if any is needed. I'll bring a little preview of my newest RPD look, just not the entire thing yet but it'll look very nice. ^^

Is anyone up for a little dinner possibly? =D

Yukari Kaiba
10-22-2007, 04:33 PM
i might drop by after my last class, since ill be in Daly City that afternoon and i can get there easily from BART. havent really decided yet if i will or not

Leishu
10-22-2007, 06:09 PM
*chuckle*

Sadly, I'll be arriving early day-1. >_>

BART Boy
10-22-2007, 07:12 PM
*chuckle*

Sadly, I'll be arriving early day-1. >_>

really now? call me after 6:00PM on wednesday in that case!!!

Shinsengumi
10-23-2007, 04:21 AM
I won't show up on Day 0, but a couple of my friends from Salinas are showing up on Day 0, I'll show up on the Day 1.

Leishu
10-23-2007, 09:52 AM
really now? call me after 6:00PM on wednesday in that case!!!

Sorry. I didn't mean "day negative 1." I meant "Day 1" :p

Eurobeat King
10-23-2007, 10:41 AM
Even though I don't have to work on Day -1 or Day 0 of YaoiCon, I'm going to use those days to pack, prepare stuff for the swap meet, and just relax until Day 1 arrives. I'll be at the con early Friday morning. :)

BART Boy
10-23-2007, 01:08 PM
Sorry. I didn't mean "day negative 1." I meant "Day 1" :p

*smacks Leishu* bad kitty! very very bad kitty!! D<

j/k lol

I'm guessing you'll be traveling on day 0 then if that's what I'm guessing. =D

So if anyone is interested in a little night shoot at the hotel, just find me wearing my rpd jacket and I'll be happy to take pics. ^_^

i might drop by after my last class, since ill be in Daly City that afternoon and i can get there easily from BART. havent really decided yet if i will or not

BART does "NOT go to Y-Con this year DX

because of where the hotel is located you have to take a local CalTrain train to Hayward Park and walk 2 blocks to it this year. Its the same location as Tales of Anime if you were there. =)

Mr. Wendell
10-24-2007, 04:53 PM
I'm departing for Y-Con on Friday around 1 p.m., and should arrive around 2:30-3 p.m.

And if things go as planned...

I'm arriving with cake. :bigtu:

Leishu
10-24-2007, 05:40 PM
If you don't hunt me down and feed me cake, I'll be very sad... and perhaps slightly thinner than I otherwise might be. >_>

lotus seed
10-25-2007, 12:05 AM
Day 0 = Thursday? Or is that -1? so confused up.

I'll be there Thurs. with some buds - not sure I'll dress up though....

Yukari Kaiba
10-25-2007, 01:25 AM
BART does "NOT go to Y-Con this year DX

because of where the hotel is located you have to take a local CalTrain train to Hayward Park and walk 2 blocks to it this year. Its the same location as Tales of Anime if you were there. =)

yeah i know BART doesnt go to yaoi con - i was just saying since BART is near my school i can easily hop on a train after my last class and get off at SFO and take the shuttle

Eurobeat King
10-25-2007, 02:07 AM
I'll be stopping by for a little bit tomorrow (Day Zero) in the evening, and so if anyone's there in-costume I'll take some pictures. It'll give me a chance to scope-out the hotel for possible picture-locations for the weekend.

Does anyone know if there are any areas around the hotel that have free parking? I don't have a room until Friday and don't really want to pay $$ for just a few hours if I can help it. :razz:

Admantius
10-25-2007, 04:39 AM
Three other people and I will be showing up on day 0 sometime after we pick up a friend at the airport. Donno about cosplay, since I need to do some crazy last-minute painting on my props for Friday.

BART Boy
10-25-2007, 03:10 PM
I'll be stopping by for a little bit tomorrow (Day Zero) in the evening, and so if anyone's there in-costume I'll take some pictures. It'll give me a chance to scope-out the hotel for possible picture-locations for the weekend.

Does anyone know if there are any areas around the hotel that have free parking? I don't have a room until Friday and don't really want to pay $$ for just a few hours if I can help it. :razz:

You can park in the residential area that's right next to the hotel. When your coming off of Deleware Ave exit and you turn right, the 3rd light intersection you see (the one with the Shane Co. on the right corner) turn left and find a spot along that street. It's free parking and it's residential all the way.

=)

If you need another spot to park that's close by just give me a call after 6. =)

yeah i know BART doesnt go to yaoi con - i was just saying since BART is near my school i can easily hop on a train after my last class and get off at SFO and take the shuttle

Yes and No, the good thing about the shuttle is that its free. the bad thing is if you miss it you have to wait a whole hour. Refer to this thread I posted for more reliable transportation (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=129775) , seeing how your from DC, you can easily catch the 390 or 391 bus and get off at 17th Ave.