PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Location via Transit - Help Thread

BART Boy
10-23-2007, 02:28 PM
Hey guys as many of you know Yaoi-con is at a different location this year. It's the week of Yaoi-con so I thought this little transit guide will help you all get to the hotel this year, since I've lived in the area all my life I'll make this as painless as possible, this is based on the information write up I wrote for the website which can be accessed here (http://www.yaoicon.com/content/view/216/240/).

I'll briefly give you guys a quick summary on how to get to San Mateo's Marriott Hotel. I hope this'll help many of you commuters out there so you don't end up getting lost which is what we don't want. ^^;;

As a reminder for all you BART riders out there, BART does NOT go to San Mateo and Yaoi-con is NOT at the same location as it was last year at the Westin and Clarion in Millbrae.

How to get to Yaoi-Con in San Mateo, CA.

BART to CalTrain

Take any BART train to SFO/Millbrae and get off at the Millbrae station. (End of the line) Go to the CalTrain southbound platform and take a local train (Friday Commuters, CHECK THE SCHEDULE IF THE NEXT TRAIN GOES TO HAYWARD PARK (http://www.caltrain.com/timetable.html)) and get off at Hayward Park. From Hayward Park, walk to the otherside of the platform and follow the street going towards the Micheal's and continue down the street until you see the San Mateo Marriott.

SamTrans

Route 292 does stop within a block of the hotel. Ask the bus operator to remind you about your stop coming up at the San Mateo Marriott at Concar & Deleware streets. The operator will be happy to remind when you are getting closer to the stop. For those of you coming from SFO Airport and are going to take route 292, the destination for the bus is San Mateo Hillsdale Shopping Center. There is another Marriott along the way, DO NOT GET OFF AT THAT MARRIOTT. You want to get off at the San Mateo Marriott located at Concar & Deleware streets. Remember when you get on the bus, ask the bus operator to remind you when your stop is coming up that way they can notify you. SamTrans operators are very friendly and are helpful so don't be afraid to ask. ^_^

For all you locals in the county and are near routes 390 & 391, get off at El Camino Real & 17th Ave and walk along 17th ave going towards Safeway, continue forward until you reach a dead end and turn right and walk along the path way to the CalTrain station, go across the tracks and walk along Concar St. going towards the Michael's and continue down the street until you reach San Mateo Marriott.

The fare for SamTrans is $1.50.

I hope this'll help many of you commuters out there cause I know Bay Area loves their public transit systems! ^_^

If it may be possible with the mods, please sticky this thread so that people can see what they need to do in order to get to the hotel by transit cause San Mateo is a pretty easy to get lost area when it comes to transit.

If you have any questions, I'll be more than happy to answer them. ^_^

paragyaru
10-25-2007, 04:34 AM
Oooh,do you happen to have any suggestions on how to get to the San Mateo Howard Johnson at 2110 South El Camino Real from SFO? My friends and I are staying there, and since we're probably already going to take a taxi between hotels, I don't want to have to take one from SFO as well>_>

vasher
10-25-2007, 10:13 AM
I've found the 511 trip planner to be very helpful-

http://transit.511.org/tripplanner/index.asp

It's like Yahoo!Maps, except for the public transport in the SF Bay Area. :)

BART Boy
10-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Oooh,do you happen to have any suggestions on how to get to the San Mateo Howard Johnson at 2110 South El Camino Real from SFO? My friends and I are staying there, and since we're probably already going to take a taxi between hotels, I don't want to have to take one from SFO as well>_>

Good question!

Taxi's are cool to get there directly, that is if your willing sit through traffic during rush hour and waste some extra cash for long waits, here's the best way to go via trains.

Take BART to Millbrae transfer to a local train (look at the schedules) for a train that will take you to Hayward Park. Upon your arrival at Hayward Park, get off the train and go through the exit. Turn left (which is Leslie St.) and continue to walk until the street turns right (after a freeway overpass). Continue down the block, cross the crosswalk and continue forward as the street turns left. When you reach another intersection, on your right you should see a Taco Bell. Go towards the intersection with the lights, look to your left and you should see the Howard Johnson.

And walla your at your hotel. ^_^

paragyaru
10-26-2007, 04:23 AM
Awesome^^ Thanks a bunch, guys!