PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Yami-con?

J0llyBootsOfDoo
10-24-2007, 02:16 PM
I am!!!!! *raises hand* My cousin went to Oni-con dressed as Shikimaru, and he said he loved it. After I saw all of his awesome pictures, I decided on going to my first convention and cosplaying.

For Yami-con he and I are going as Barret(FFVII) and Zell(FFVIII)

Just wondering if anyone else is going, seeing as this is the Oni-con thread, and it just so happens to be in the same place, lol.

Malicious
10-24-2007, 05:37 PM
yes i'll be going (soo many houston cons :D) i'm making sailor mars and if i finish the costume, i'll be her for yamicon! but if it's too cold..then i'll have to wear something else

greyrondo
10-24-2007, 05:44 PM
If I'm in town, I'm definitely coming to Yami-Con. I'm planning Krad from DNAngel and Rosiel from Angel Sanctuary, depending on how much time I have... I'll look forward to seeing your costumes!

J0llyBoots
10-24-2007, 05:48 PM
Definitely!! I hope to see you guys there, I'll keep an eye out, and make sure to bring lots of film. :)

Madara-sama
10-24-2007, 06:06 PM
No guarantees, since it's a brand new con, but my friend and I might be going Saturday. Probably not cosplaying, either. But if we do, then you can bet that I'm doing Tobi again ;)

Melodious Nocturne
10-24-2007, 06:11 PM
might be going! it's a new con though and the site is pretty dead Oo

yacchan
10-24-2007, 07:15 PM
I'll be going... I think. Ehh... It's close...

I'll probably bring D, and maybe Zidane... Or Ferio if I have him done by then.

yamibakura03
10-24-2007, 08:36 PM
might be going! it's a new con though and the site is pretty dead Oo

Yeah the site pretty dead
And i wouldnt get to excited guys. Turns out that the rumor about Yamicon may come true. If you go to this site,
http://www.houstonconventionctr.com/meeting_planners/calendar.html

it doesn't say anything about Yamicon taking place on Dec.28-30. it has High Caliber Gun & Knife Show on its place.

So question is? Is yamicon a safe con or a scam con.

Talk with a few people including my friends, DigitalDimensionCosplay. and they told me they havent got any of their questions answers since there hosting Gaming and Cosplay host for this con.
But will see what happens.

Madara-sama
10-24-2007, 08:57 PM
ooo, high caliber guns and knives always mix well with cosplayers.

...I wonder if they have those new .700 caliber rifles yet >_>

But you gotta remember that multiple things happen at the GRB at once. Something was going on during Oni-con, too.

FE Freak
10-24-2007, 09:03 PM
Oni-con doesn't seem to be on the list anymore either.So,where now?

yamibakura03
10-24-2007, 09:08 PM
ooo, high caliber guns and knives always mix well with cosplayers.

...I wonder if they have those new .700 caliber rifles yet >_>

But you gotta remember that multiple things happen at the GRB at once. Something was going on during Oni-con, too.

True supposed that happens. But Its too strange. I might go ahead and send an email asking if there any help needed. But like i said, will see I could be wrong and all.

Evil Kimba
10-24-2007, 09:26 PM
Yeah the site pretty dead
And i wouldnt get to excited guys. Turns out that the rumor about Yamicon may come true. If you go to this site,
http://www.houstonconventionctr.com/meeting_planners/calendar.html

it doesn't say anything about Yamicon taking place on Dec.28-30. it has High Caliber Gun & Knife Show on its place.

So question is? Is yamicon a safe con or a scam con.

Talk with a few people including my friends, DigitalDimensionCosplay. and they told me they havent got any of their questions answers since there hosting Gaming and Cosplay host for this con.
But will see what happens.

It's more than likely scamcon. I mean, there are multiple things listed, for example, on January 5-6, December 8-9, and March 5-9. So, no, I don't think Yamicon is happening. I have a feeling they might just think you can show up and use the venue.

Also, report this thread. It belongs in "Other" conventions.

J0llyBoots
10-24-2007, 09:40 PM
It's more than likely scamcon. I mean, there are multiple things listed, for example, on January 5-6, December 8-9, and March 5-9. So, no, I don't think Yamicon is happening. I have a feeling they might just think you can show up and use the venue.

Also, report this thread. It belongs in "Other" conventions.

Well that's no good. I'll have to find another convention to go to. :( I think the only other one is Ikkicon.

hmmm...*walks off deep in thought*