PDA

View Full Version : Sora (Kingdom Hearts) Costume

M00gle
05-25-2003, 04:13 PM
:bouncer: I've been going crazy trying to figure
out who to cosplay, and finally I decided on Sora(he's my age and height 8D) @_@
but I have NO IDEA where to even start, this being my
first time cosplaying. Do you have any advice on what
to do about his shoes, chains/necklace, and keyblade?
I feel so clueless 9.9 thank you!:bouncer:

~Meggie a.k.a. M00gle :3

JacksUsername
05-27-2003, 10:19 PM
What I'm doing for his shoes when I cosplay him later this year/next year, is getting some clown shoes and then painting them over. There were a couple of really good pairs at my local costume shop that had a base of yellow anyway. I don't really know how to make jewelry. You might be able to get some off of e-bay or maybe Square has started selling them. Not sure. And the keyblade, the basics work well, either foam or wood.

hope that helps a little.

M00gle
05-31-2003, 01:01 AM
thank you for the ideas! I shall go prowl the costume stores now :razz:

Hounddog310
05-31-2003, 01:24 AM
Umm.. me and my dad were going to make Soras Keyblade... but then I decided I want Clouds Blade instead.. hehe.. we had it all set up.. but then I stoped it at the last min... if your going to make it.. Rember to get a wooden Dowel... ( its basicly like a big wooden Pole ) I think thats the eazer way.. and you just bild the handle and stuff Right on the wood...

jen_kat
05-31-2003, 01:36 AM
For his chain, I bought a wallet chain thing, it's pretty common in places like Hot Topic or PacSun. I'm gonna add on the crowns.

Kairi04
06-09-2003, 11:33 PM
www.toysnjoys.com has the official Sora's Necklace for sale. It's in the final fantasy section.

DreamKydd
06-11-2003, 11:19 PM
if u are deciding to make the key blade... it's quite easy.
it was my first wood project ever and i think it turned out pretty well.

using wood is the most durable... but at the same time... could be hard.. u do need the right tools.

u could prolly use like foam board or something... insulation foam... something hard.

it's basically 3 pieces to the kingdom blade.... the shaft, the handles and the key part itself. just either glue them together or nail them or whatevers.

i'm gonna be selling my keyblade up on ebay sometime this week or next. so check it out if u wants!

Arisa
06-12-2003, 06:07 PM
o.o; Shouldn't this be in the regular game costumes board? Sora isn't from Final Fantasy, after all...

BustaJonesGavin
06-12-2003, 07:06 PM
Well...considering there are so many FF characters in Kingdom Hearts...I think we can let this one be, don't you agree Arisa....? :\

M00gle
06-15-2003, 06:21 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions so far! My main problem is actually the gloves, I've had people tell me to try bicycling gloves and hockey gloves and such, but I was wondering if anyone else had a good idea. Thank you~!

Arch_Angel_Mika
06-20-2003, 08:04 PM
If you don't feel like making the Keyblade, I saw one on Ebay yesterday that was REALLY nice! It is reasonably priced to. Go check it out. And the shoes, if you go to a Haloween and Party costume store, they sometimes have clown shoes. I know it sounds stupid but it actually works! If you can't find yellow ones then just paint them. It's worth a try,eh?

M00gle
06-20-2003, 11:17 PM
I did see that auction. problem with those is that someone always seems to beat you to them. oh well I've got most the keyblade done anyway. thanks for your suggestion, though! ^_^

caelestis
06-27-2003, 07:32 PM
For Sora's gloves (this is going to sound *really* stupid, bare with me), they look like old skiiing gloves just not as padded and missing the fingers.

Probably look around thrift stores, find an old pair of white gloves, and paint/sew the blue doodads on, then maybe make the silver-looking mickey things (ah yes, things.. very technical term) out of sculpty or something?

M00gle
06-27-2003, 09:12 PM
lol trust me, that's not half as weird as some of the ideas I've come up with. Thank you for the suggestion! ^.^!
p.s. I love your icon, I think I've met the artist who drew it before :3!

caelestis
06-30-2003, 02:11 AM
I've done weirder things for costumes (I'm doing so *right* now ehe).

But I was at a sporting store (Acadamy) and I saw some golf gloves that looked dead on like Sora's, minus the blue thing ^^ So might want to try there if you haven't gotten it already.

And someone sent me a link to the picture and I thought it was the cutest thing I've seen ^_^ eventually I'm gunna change it, as soon as I finish the sketch I've been working on.

JacksUsername
06-30-2003, 01:42 PM
ou! golf gloves, that's a great idea....I want to do him one day and had always wondered about the gloves.

How's the costume coming M00gle?

Gren
06-30-2003, 05:08 PM
I'll just give my two cents on a keyblade, since I got lots of positive comments about my Pumpkinhead, and it didn't take too much by the way of skills to construct. I used PVC pipe for the main shaft, paper clay where I needed to build the shape up, and foam board for the hand guard and key head. Sadly, the foam board proved too weak for the Pumpkinhead's delicate shape, was smacked into in the melee of the halls, and had to be jury rigged with duct tape for the rest of the day -_- For the Kingdom Key, foam board should be just fine, since it's a sturdier shape, and you could even double two peices together for addes security. To attach the keychain, use plastic chain, painted silver. Many cons will not allow metal chain, as it constitutes as a weapon (e_e) I saw 3 other Soras at the con, and all had to tie their keychains up, or completely remove them. proves the important point of be very aware of your con's security policies before you build props. Better to have it be kind of flimsey than not there at all.

jen_kat
06-30-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Gren
For the Kingdom Key, foam board should be just fine, since it's a sturdier shape, and you could even double two peices together for addes security. To attach the keychain, use plastic chain, painted silver. Many cons will not allow metal chain, as it constitutes as a weapon (e_e) I saw 3 other Soras at the con, and all had to tie their keychains up, or completely remove them. proves the important point of be very aware of your con's security policies before you build props. Better to have it be kind of flimsey than not there at all.

Exactly what I did for my Kingdom Key.. ^^
@_@ Ooo.. I'd better look into the weapons policy at AX.

::skitters away::

M00gle
06-30-2003, 07:27 PM
Thanks everyone! So far I have the keyblade done, just need to paint it and add the keychain. I made it out of wood, and it's a tad heavy, but not too bad. pine works well. ^.^!

caelestis
06-30-2003, 11:22 PM
OOohh when you're done with the keyblade, post a pic of it ^^ I like seeing what everyone has done with their keyblades.

As soon as I stop dragging around (kinda put cosplay stuff on hold because of stuff happening family wise) and get back to work on my oblivion I'll post pics of it. I just am really anal retentive about detail on it so it'll be 3 weeks until I'm done >_<

M00gle
06-30-2003, 11:50 PM
ooooh, I can't wait to see your oblivion, I'm being lame and just doing the kingdom key, though I hope to do another one sometime...

M00gle
07-19-2003, 12:23 AM
My keyblade is finished! I just need to take photos and pop on the mickey keychain at the end and voila! I can't wait to show you all ^.^! thanks for your suggestions, too!