PDA

View Full Version : omfg postcon letdown

VoiclessChild
05-25-2003, 04:33 PM
That's right. it happens to all of us T_T I miss the people telling me I was so cute, and stealing the armchairs only to put them in the elevators along with plants. ;) I miss roller-blading around the con, and having people glomp me at the same time. x.x; I miss people glomping me anyways. I miss all teh people I was with, and the dealers room, and my Hideki....I wanna have another nurf fight...which means I'll hafta steal more of those arrows from work....I wanna play more Twister...and run more...I even miss the dances, even if the first dj sucked ass. I miss it all, but with every let down comes a new con. See ya at AWA '03!

-*jade

Farmboybob
05-25-2003, 08:05 PM
...stealing the armchairs only to put them in the elevators along with plants...

LOL!!!! That was my group that started that! Although we were not the ones who put all the plants on the 3rd floor.

But yeah, that was my funnest con I have ever been too (put into consideration that this was only my 2nd con) It's a real drag that I don't have a car and cant go to the other cons. Guess I'll see you next year though! :bigtu:

lov-e-ly pain
05-25-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by VoiclessChild
I wanna play more Twister...

Ha. XD My group was the one that started that... it was best in the elevator.

Damnit, I don't want to wait a whole year!

VoiclessChild
05-25-2003, 10:37 PM
O.o I looked all over for you! I wanted to play Twister some more after the fight was over. So we went to the 8th floor, stole chairs, planned to knock on every door asking for Twister, but never did, stole some plants, and rode to the 3rd floor, where we went out the windows and onto the roof XD

-*jade

RHIshida
05-25-2003, 11:21 PM
Sounds like everybody had alot of fun. Too bad I didn't get a three-day pass or I would've come sunday too ;-; I don't wanna have to wait for an entire year either ;-;

Link Arroway
05-25-2003, 11:56 PM
yay, I found my computer mouse :D
I came home and slept all day, now its almost 1am :| It was quite a fun weekend tho, and went by too fast :(
rofl, seeing the forest on the third floor, tat was very funny, so I took pictures XD
I had a lot of fun buying things and seeing things and running around of course, I met a buncha new people but I didn't meet so many from Cosplay.com, altho I guess a lot of you were there. I didn't recognise many people and sometimes I was like ?_? and dumb.. I'm sorry if I didn't say hi or something, I am shy..
I brought friends along this year but they were being annoying so I was like >_> and a lot of the time I wandered around by myself I had more fun meeting people then :D
I can't wait to go again next year, and maybe go to Nekocon, since its not far away either.

RHIshida
05-26-2003, 02:21 AM
Link Arroway:
rofl, seeing the forest on the third floor, tat was very funny, so I took pictures XD

Upload some of your pictures of the forest. I wanna see them XD

Link Arroway
05-26-2003, 06:28 AM
I will, I spent yesterday sleeping. So today, after studing for exams.. Nyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa before. Stupid studying can wait :D I'll pull my videocamera and start getting pictures off it. It was one of the things I just videotaped. Anyone know how to get the stupid sony serial port software to work on the stupid computer? I want it to work on mine so I dont have to go find my dads laptop and beat it into working correctly. I got a ton of good pictures and videotaped the Studmaster's Anti-Fanboy Service skit in the Cosplay. I need to get a firewire cable for my Sony camera and some software so I can upload that.

ShingoBunny
05-26-2003, 06:04 PM
Mou~ Can't wait until the next AZ.... LOL

I miss not getting to wear Kensou OR Kyo.... Not getting to wear Shingo enough... n_n; Kisses from my Kusanagi-san.... Ano... Hanging out with Link... seeing some of the Cosplay.com people....
the UTTSC peoples (XDDDDDD)...

I'm just wondering who in the heck glomped/took a picture of my Kyo and I when we went in the Yaoi room Friday.... lol.....

Link Arroway
05-26-2003, 07:13 PM
Yay ShingoBunny! :D It was so much fun.
Now i'm confused, aside from major studying for finals.. My friend TK who was cool enough to find a way to get me a costume after getting to crossplay has someone like stalking her online, who knows the dude that made the costume for her, who she told when getting the costume made for her, that it was for her and not me, so now this weird stalker of hers is trying to ruin her friends by making them think shes a guy... wtf?

ShingoBunny
05-26-2003, 08:54 PM
Link: Mou... that's creepy... o.o;;;

Ranma Saotome
05-29-2003, 01:29 AM
Hiyo! Well I wondered who did the 3rd floor into a forest. :p

Michi
05-29-2003, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by VoiclessChild
stealing the armchairs only to put them in the elevators along with plants. ;)

AAHAHAHA You rock. My friends've done that before at cons. XD; *falls over*

Isaldur
05-29-2003, 02:01 AM
LOL!

That sounds great. Chairs and plants in the elevator XD XD XD XD

I'd be rolling on the floor laughing... except for the fact that there probably wouldn't be much room ;)

Himemiya
05-29-2003, 02:39 AM
Every year I think "geez, this is the last year we'll be in the sheraton..." but every year AZ's back at the sheraton XD guess they don't mind the con hijinks...

Farmboybob
05-29-2003, 10:41 AM
I guess they let it go since it only really happens once a year. But yeah, my friend was thinking that too Himemiya.

lov-e-ly pain
05-29-2003, 02:26 PM
They probably don't get much business during the rest of the year. And AZ brings in a lot of money for them.

RHIshida
05-31-2003, 04:03 PM
I'd probably say the same thing. Because of Animazement, the Sheraton gets a whole load of cash, from all the people who get rooms, not to mention all the money they get from the Animazement staff to host it. So yeah, maybe that's why we're still at the Sheraton, though I hope it wasn't too much of a mess to clean up :thumbsup:

Mako-san
06-01-2003, 12:45 PM
yeah it was better than last year, i think last year there was a lot of crap to clean up, the hotel does business, they hold lots of other events during the year for major organizations.
I think it can be fun to do do these things but I believe attendee's fail to think about if they are seriously doing damage to the hotel and what if Az loses its contract with the hotel and can not find another to host the event, This almost happened at Katsucon I believe or thats what someone told me.

evaneko
06-01-2003, 04:56 PM
I went to the feedback session and aprently the staff and stuff really <3's the con... although the staff there didn't seem all that happy to see us... execpt the pervie gift shop guy... but anyway- i think they said that its gonna be at the sheraton next year too...

i feel really sorry for the staff :(

Farmboybob
06-01-2003, 07:44 PM
It's ok evaneko, they have a whole year to prepare for us again. :)
Damn, a whole year... :(

Link Arroway
06-01-2003, 08:31 PM
wah! Everyone should come see me at Nekocon XD!

Farmboybob
06-01-2003, 09:02 PM
Believe me, if it was up to me, I'd be going all over the place to all the cons. But alas, I'm poor and won't get a car or my full licence for another year. :(

Hikaruchan
06-01-2003, 09:56 PM
I think most of the Sheraton staff is rather okay with the con silliness - its a change from the norm. I know from staffing a con, if you find a good hotel with staff that will put up with the nonsense - as long as don't outgrow them or they start charging outrageous rates they will be reused. So far our con hasn't found our perfect fit in a hotel yet - but AZ evidently has theirs.

evaneko
06-02-2003, 12:54 PM
;_; im too poor for a car too... i was gonna get one but then insure was gonna be like $700 bucks annually and theres no way i can pay that, and no way my parents would EVER agree to pay that...

hopefully next year i can go to nekocon and AWA- and maybe even otakon! .... ^^

Link Arroway
06-03-2003, 02:29 AM
I have a car.. but I dont get my lisence til decemeber.. but I think I got my father to take me to at least one further away con.. but I think I'd still have to go by him until I'm like 18.. first.. my car can't fit crap in it, its a two seater. so I'd be only driving myself, or getting a trailer or borrowing family car i guess, okay then.. but still, getting allowed to go and stuff >_<

Ranma Saotome
06-03-2003, 11:55 AM
AZ 2003 Photos - http://www.rebelcosplay.com/gallery/az2003_ranma

RHIshida
06-04-2003, 12:05 AM
My dad'd kill me before he let me drive to a different state for an anime con. X.x

Giant Alucard
06-05-2003, 07:18 AM
I have a trans am (looks like a red version of the Knightrider) and I also have my lisence, but my car probably wouldn't survive the drive to and from. Right now it's under repair (doing it all myself, it's cheaper, and alot slower too). The problem is thats it's the fastest car around! The reason is....... Because it has NO brakes (regular or emergency), and where all other cars would stop at a red light or stop sign, I would just keep on going (not like I had a choice).

So I'm stuck hitching a ride with my friends, but thats okay with me. While someone else is driving I can sleep. Plus it saves on gas to go in a group....... I am so cheap.....I am po'.