PDA

View Full Version : Prebuilt plastic Arucard guns?

Goth Kitty 22
05-25-2003, 10:16 PM
I'm not talking about the Poseidon kit. I once saw these on ebay boxed with a DVD. Anyone know about these? If you have one how is it?

Balmung
05-30-2003, 08:42 AM
Yeah those are a cheap set that was packaged with a special edition of The Japanese Hellsing DVDs. People who Import them WAY oversell them on ebay. Worst of all many of them don't have paint in the text that is on the guns. They are also smaller than Arucard's guns. I made my own for Anime Boston out of foam core. They cost me alot less than $150 and were made to the specs of the series ^_^ I'm thinking about selling them if your interested

Catatonic_Van
05-30-2003, 07:51 PM
Those guns are actually from Hong Kong, not Japan, but they are a good quality in my opinion. I think they're cast of a vinyl like material.. Like the vinyl figures that square put out for ff8. There IS text engraved into both guns. The only thing is they are small around the handle. If you have small girlish hands they're fine, but if you have big hands like my boyfriend does they seem very small. However when he held them you really couldn't tell in pictures. And he's like.. 6 freaking feet tall to give you an idea.

http://nando.anna-neko.nu/cosplay/alucard.htm
(The bottom left pic shows a lot of detail of the gun)

Also the silver gun has the tendency to have paint scrape off. If you can manage to still find these on ebay (they've become quite rare) you may want to spray it with a matte finishing spray or lacquer so it doesn't scrape off.

Kurai
05-30-2003, 08:27 PM
I have the Hong Kong model guns and DVD's and they are really nice quality, they have nice weight to them and kinda hard to break them. You can still get them on Ebay (the seller puts like 2 up a week) and the DVD's have better english subs than the US relesed DVD's, however they are Region 3 so unless you have an all region DVD player or the Region breaker for the PS2..you might not want to get the set.

Goth Kitty 22
05-30-2003, 10:08 PM
Wow, that handle is crazy small.

Now that I've seen the pics in detail and know that it's a solid prop, I don't think it's worth getting anymore.

Longinus
06-08-2003, 08:01 PM
I wonder, this probably sounds ridiculous but does anyone out there actually make the guns themselves? Like create it from scratch? I dressed up as Alucard for a CON but I didn't have the guns because I procrastinated too long. I'd still like to dress as Alucard for another CON but I wanna make sure that I have the guns. I already sank a lot of green in the costume and everything, I don't want to pay so much for the guns ya know?

Giant Alucard
06-09-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Balmung
Yeah those are a cheap set that was packaged with a special edition of The Japanese Hellsing DVDs. People who Import them WAY oversell them on ebay. Worst of all many of them don't have paint in the text that is on the guns. They are also smaller than Arucard's guns. I made my own for Anime Boston out of foam core. They cost me alot less than $150 and were made to the specs of the series ^_^ I'm thinking about selling them if your interested

Ohhh, I would definitly be interested!!

I bought the ones off ebay and they are so-so when it comes to quality. The guns themselves are small compared with them specs of the actual guns, and with tall people you can tell (I am 6''9 and a alucard cosplayer..... the guns are tooooo small for me). It may be just me, but they also tend to chip easily ( and have done so many times). But other than that, the guns serve their purpose (cosplaying I'm guessing, or just display).