PDA

View Full Version : Need help with saiyan armor from DBZ

Penance
10-29-2007, 02:08 AM
hey all,

im looking to make a new version Saiyan armor from either the cell saga or the buu saga.its not just for cosplaying but mainly as a workout suit to train in for gymnastics.

My main problem is the material to make it out of and i want to know if neone has a good idea....

I was thinking of a nylon and lycra compound or anything flexible that will propperly define my muscle tone as seen on DBZ. Some what like the "Sports Skins" which are designed as training tights

If anyone has some ideas id be glad to hear them. Thanx much ^_^

pmastamonkmonk
10-29-2007, 10:01 AM
since it's fairly form fitting, lycra or nylon could be good, however it wouldn't give off a very "Armor-y" feel. Maybe some vinyl or a thicker material as a base? Make it seem more like armor. Then again, when do they use their armor for anything? They lose their clothes halfway through the fights! XD

Penance
10-30-2007, 09:26 PM
thanx for that. the blue jumpsuit is basicly clothing, i dont think ill make the actual chest armor. so the one from the buu saga with no sleeves.

I had a look at 3 possibilities for the jumpsuit:

Lycra/nylon
Seaspray (lycra/cotton)
what ever speedos r made out of... it needs to be flexible enough to handle any body movements that a gymnast can do and it needs to withstand a bit of friction.

i also find nylon/lycra to be a bit shiny and thin...

thanx for the advice tho

mirrorsaber
10-30-2007, 10:39 PM
You could make the armor out of craft foam and coat it with hot glue or paper mache so the paint will stick but I prefer the hot glue method.