PDA

View Full Version : Hair help?

Kamui Motoaki
09-05-2002, 10:14 PM
does anyone know of any temporary hair spray thats color blonde? cause i don't actually wanna dye my hair or bleach it. . .
anything would be a great help. .. ^_^ thanks

KuroBara
09-05-2002, 10:22 PM
Well, there's always that nasty costume spray. How temporary & realistic does this have to be? That stuff is cheap, but it gives your hair a straw consistency, and can run all over clothing. Plus, on dark hair, the yellow comes out green.

Hmm...that wasn't too helpful, now was it? Now that it's Halloween time you may be able to find a wig comparable in price to hair dye.

krystal1314
09-05-2002, 10:42 PM
Hmmm... well, when I was doing my hair for AX, I bought this blond cream type thing, but it didn't work at ALL! I ended up bleaching the streaks.
But if you want to do it temporarily, there's this stuff called XtremeX by Clairol (same brand as my bleach). It has a color chart in the back which shows you what color it'll come out if u have such and such hair.
Since your hair is like dark brown-ish, it probably wouldn't come out blond, but it'll definitely lighten it.

diqitaldreams
09-05-2002, 10:48 PM
There are many sprays, really. o.o; ... Just gotta look for the right stuff -- but from watching my friends color their hair like that, it gets kinda scary. If you get the sprays, it wouldn't really look as...hmm..."pretty" or "real" as you thought it would look.

If you really want something good, then go to a local salon and check out what they have there. It might be good to ask a hair dresser too -- just in case.

Koumori
09-06-2002, 07:20 AM
If your hair is naturally dark, you probably won't be able to find a spray that will turn it blond. You may be able to find some kind of white spray around Halloween, but that tends to look and feel really weird. I'd second the suggestion to ask your hairdresser.. s/he's a pro and may know of specialized products.

Rosiel
09-06-2002, 09:46 AM
I'd say just give up and get a wig.

Those hair-spray things flake and stain. And it took SO MUCH of it to turn my naturally blond hair white, so I can only imagine the quantity to use to make dark brown hair blonde...

khamryn
09-06-2002, 10:47 AM
Rosiel-san..it depends on if you get the good stuff or not.

The blue I had to make my hair.. blue.. at Otakon didn't flake or stain at all. ::nods.:: We had some of it at AX too. Hehe.. ^^;;; I'm pretty sure that brand also makes blonde.. I'd have to go see though.. @@

Rosiel
09-06-2002, 10:57 AM
> I'm pretty sure that brand also makes blonde..

Oh share the brand then... I'm curious...
Not that I will EVER put that stuff in my hair again, it made it feel like /hay/ for a week afterwards.

aeva
09-06-2002, 03:30 PM
If you stop into a Duane Reade, they carry this AWESOME cream ish that washes right out. It comes in yellow, so all's well. The stuff works very great-- my friend, who's also Asian, did her hair blood red with it. ^^ Just make sure to comb it through thoroughly.

khamryn
09-07-2002, 01:33 AM
>Oh share the brand then... I'm curious...
Not that I will EVER put that stuff in my hair again, it made it feel like /hay/ for a week afterwards.

Uhhh... @@ I don't have any left but next time I hit Sally's I'll note the brand for yah. x.X ::Tired, zoned look.::

aeva
09-07-2002, 11:22 AM
um.... ::sqrambles through the endless pit that is her room:: The brand of the ish in the tibe is "göt to be", the product name is Color Heads. I can't remeber the name of the schtuff in the tub. x.x If it helps, its the only haircolor that comes is - *gasp* - a small tub. ^^; I hope that helped.

Nyghtmeyr
09-08-2002, 02:38 PM
hmm...i have very dark hair and want to go reddish/maroonish...any suggestions? i'd like to stay away from bleach though.

Luna Moon
09-08-2002, 03:01 PM
Haha why am I not surprised you made a subject like this Aniki?
hehe

But uhm it's almost impossible to get dark hair blonde without bleach.

My hairdresser is a good friend of ours but uhm....yeh....I have to bleach my hair whenever I color it. Yeh cuz I just got it colored red and there's nothing I can put on it dat will turn my hair red without bleach X_x

Unless you want to really spray it and make it look fake and feel nasty.....>_<
What if you keep putting sun in on your brown hair? Will it make it lighter?

It's the curse of having black hair *shrugs* haha

But uhm.....whatever you do! Don't bleach it! Or I will hurt you~

And yes....that's a threat~

-Luna-