PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Gathering at ALA '08

GenGerard
10-29-2007, 12:51 PM
Well, since i didnt see that anyone posted anything on this i think i will try to start this thread, and maybe some people will be willing to help out with organizing it? because i have no idea how to organize something like this.

Date of Gathering: Sunday Jan. 6th
Time: 1p.m.

Character List:

Luffy-GenGerard, Jen(KH), Masa D. Luffy
Zoro-Kaizoku-Syn(post Enies Lobby) Kankuro-san*
Nami-Enkai(Thief),crimsonGOJYO(Water7),autumnsnow55(Dav ey Back Fight)
Usopp-
Sanjin-
Chopper-
Nico Robin-
Franky-
Brook-

Marines-

Other Charaters-
Lucci (CP9)-Grey Finch
Black Cage Hinam or Tashigi-Tsumikuroi*
Hiken no Ace-Maguma
Lucci or Blueno-Hojou
?-Iroha
Kaku (CP9)-Gundam Three
Vivi- Ohtori Kagura*
Kohza- Shadow*

As I said before I need help organizing this event so I'm taking suggestions on the date, time, and location from anyone who has some ideas.
*=possible

Kaizoku-Syn
10-29-2007, 10:14 PM
Zoro, post Enies Lobby. count me in.

Grey Finch
10-30-2007, 01:20 AM
Hmmm, I know I won't have Samurai Ryuuma done in time for this. Maybe I'll bring Lucci with my friend's Kaku for this. I'll have to check and see that our schedule isn't too crazy though first. 8]

GenGerard
11-01-2007, 02:07 AM
Zoro, post Enies Lobby. count me in.

Hmmm, I know I won't have Samurai Ryuuma done in time for this. Maybe I'll bring Lucci with my friend's Kaku for this. I'll have to check and see that our schedule isn't too crazy though first. 8]

Well bith of you are added to the list, anyone else going as a one piece character to ALA please support this gathering. And does anyone have a preference for location and time. I'm free most of the weekend and only can't make it between 3 and 6 p.m on friday.

tsumikuroi
11-01-2007, 06:11 PM
I don't know if I can make it all of ALA and I haven't even made my cosplay yet but... I may drop by as Black Cage Hina.

If not (but I can somehow make the gathering), I'll drag out good ol' Tashigi. ^__^

Maguma
11-01-2007, 06:18 PM
I'll be there as Hiken no Ace!

Ryoko-and-Yami
11-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Supposely I am going to the Rum Party as Sanji but I don't think I'd go to the gathering.

Enkai
11-04-2007, 06:25 PM
I'll definitely have my Thief Nami there; only thing I've got going on that would keep me from the gathering would be conflicts with whatever I'll be doing for masquerade.

GenGerard
11-04-2007, 11:37 PM
I'll definitely have my Thief Nami there; only thing I've got going on that would keep me from the gathering would be conflicts with whatever I'll be doing for masquerade.

I'll be there as Hiken no Ace!

I don't know if I can make it all of ALA and I haven't even made my cosplay yet but... I may drop by as Black Cage Hina.

If not (but I can somehow make the gathering), I'll drag out good ol' Tashigi. ^__^

You three ar added. Remember I need you guys to let me know when your availible to to have this gathering. I can do it almost anytime during the weekend except between 3 and 5:30 pm on friday.

crimsonGOJYO
11-08-2007, 11:47 PM
I'll be coming as Water7 Nami. :3

GenGerard
11-10-2007, 04:19 AM
I'll be coming as Water7 Nami. :3

Added.

Enkai
11-14-2007, 01:00 AM
Sorry for this being vague, but these are the things I'm trying to fit in.

Friday: Only thing going on will (probably) be the Hellsing gathering; that's looking like early evening. My train will be getting into Burbank early (8 AM), so I will be there all day.

Saturday: It's looking like the Final Fantasy gathering will be on Saturday; not sure when though. Seeing as how I may not get my white mage finished, my attendance to this one is kinda iffy, and wearing Nami would probably win.
Since I want to compete in the masquerade, I'm guessing late afternoon/evening is out.

Sunday: Not sure what time I'll be leaving; depends on if I can get a ride back with my friends I'm sharing a room with or if I need to catch Amtrak back up to SLO. Morning should be fine, however.

DJ_Venus
11-16-2007, 04:52 PM
Well... I could bring Allsunday Robin OR Alvida. I like the Alvida more myself and was Robin last year, but I'll leave it up to anyone else. Which should I bring?

Maguma
11-17-2007, 09:17 PM
Can't do it on a friday, im setting up cosplay chess at 3:00 so can't do it then, plus I'll be Broly on friday till about 1:15 then I have 2 gatherings >< I'd suggest Sunday!

GenGerard
11-18-2007, 04:07 AM
Well since I have cosplay chess on friday and most likely a final fantasy gathering on saturday I belive that sunday is the best time so if anyone has anything that might interfere with this let me know.

DJ_Venus
11-19-2007, 05:34 AM
As long as it's NOT at 10 in the morning, yuck :( I would strongly prefer any point in time on Saturday because I have no opportunity to change back to "normal people clothes" on sunday; I usually get swamped with commissions and junk on Sunday anyway too (I'm in the artist alley ;_;)

but if it HAAAAS to be on Sunday.. well please don't let it interfere with Theologicon at least, like 1pm-ish ;_;

Maguma
11-19-2007, 07:54 AM
that's fine, I can do a late time on Sunday.

otaku_drea
11-21-2007, 11:59 AM
I would like to put my friend up as attending as Kingdom Hearts version of Luffy! :D she doesnt have a cosplay.com account but she will be soon! her name is Jen

tsumikuroi
11-21-2007, 01:13 PM
I'm not likely coming in on Sunday because it's a hassle for me to drive.

iroha
11-23-2007, 02:37 AM
I'll be there, but I haven't decided what to wear. There's Hina, who's got lots of layers good for cold weather, then there's Luffy, who's more recognizable. Then there's a rare version of Luffy that anyone outside the hardcore OP fans probably won't recognize - one of the TV specials ;). But anyway, I'll be there :)

Maguma
11-23-2007, 04:26 AM
What i WANNA cosplay is Nightmare Luffy lol just spike the hair and add the massive shadow!!!! And OWN FACE

hojou
11-26-2007, 11:04 AM
I will be there either as Blueno or Rob Lucci

GenGerard
11-27-2007, 12:54 AM
Well as of now this gathering is set to happen at 1p.m. on sunday. But does anyone have an idea where to hold it? If not I was thinking of doing it in the area called the "Acadamy Quad", but any suggestions would be welcome.

And Jen, Iroha, hojou you are all added

Masa D. Luffy
11-27-2007, 05:21 PM
:) The AX King is going. Count me in.

Maguma
11-27-2007, 08:27 PM
lol, earn the title first

Grey Finch
11-27-2007, 09:31 PM
Okay, it's finally been decided~ I'm bringing Rob Lucci and my friend Gundam Three is bringing her Kaku, both CP9 version.

Masa D. Luffy
11-27-2007, 11:05 PM
lol, earn the title first

Rival me and then we'll talk. :)

autumnsnow55
11-28-2007, 07:42 PM
if i finish the costume in time(most likely will), i'll be the davey back fight nami.

Ohtori Kagura
12-26-2007, 03:12 PM
If all goes well, Shadow is going as Kohza and I'm going as Vivi. =D

kankuro-san
12-27-2007, 01:44 AM
hey im not sure if im going to finish my zolo costume but you can put my up for him

GenGerard
12-27-2007, 03:06 AM
Yay, some more people! You are all added to the list and good luck with the Zolo costume Kankuro-san.

Masa D. Luffy
01-07-2008, 03:17 AM
Thanks to everyone who was there and took pictures for me on my camera.

I'll post pics at the earliest, tomorrow.