PDA

View Full Version : Splurge of Dealery?

Link Arroway
05-26-2003, 09:53 PM
So, who went and splurged all their money in the dealers room like I did? I think I managed to get my moneys worth ^_^ I got some cool posters and an art book, did anyone else get anything they really had their eye out for? or just wanna tell everyone about their adventures of the buying fun stuff? :D

rogue
05-26-2003, 10:08 PM
We got a Paiway from Vandread model. It was over a hundred dollars, but since the both of us wanted it, there was no one to talk us out of it. :)

ShingoBunny
05-26-2003, 10:37 PM
My Universal Dreamcast with KOF 2001~! Some doujinshi, an artbook, and little Kyo and Shingo figurines... XDDD OH! And Heero Yui juice!

lov-e-ly pain
05-26-2003, 10:49 PM
Before the con, I was completely sure that I wouldn't buy any anime or manga stuff whatsoever. I expected to pick up a few j-rock things, nothing too frivelous, and Domokun stuff or cheese head plushies.

Man, was I wrong.

My old, dead obsession for anime and manga has been reborn anew. I bought manga, doujinshi, anime plushies, random clear files... and then, of course, j-rock posters, random j-rock crap like Gackt guitar picks with Engrish on them and a Luna Sea cell phone strap (so coool!), Gothic & Lolita Bibles, and a cheese head plush. ;3 I even bought a Vespa purse... which was at the con because... why?! I'm a sucker for shiny things. Damn, my Gothic & Lolita Bibles kick ass. And my Sanji plushie. And the cheesehead.

Kas
05-26-2003, 10:53 PM
Wow.. I didn't know they had those GLB's at the con.. they are so worth getting!!! I was broke on the first day. I bought some fruits basket stuff so I'm happy.

Mako-san
05-26-2003, 10:55 PM
Ahh bows to the Gothic & Loli Bibles!! They are kick ass!!

Ahh I found my covented Initial D plushie!! Waii i love it sooo much!! and I got a Yugioh keychain and mmm some Yaoi art and I spent $134.00 in fanart in the art auction!! YAY!!

TeRRaFLaMe
05-26-2003, 11:40 PM
I bought $115 worth of stuff...

2 Naruto posters, 1 One Piece poster, a Shaman King wallscroll, a Lain wallscroll, a Naruto plushie, a small FLCL poster that came with a purchase, 5 FREE Weekly Jumps (!!!), a Dir en grey CD, and Saiyuki DVD Vol. 2... which was an early release. ^^
I didn't get to buy any JRock posters, though...>.<. They were too darn expensive!!!!!!!!!!!

Himemiya
05-26-2003, 11:49 PM
I totally splurged on two of the gigantic Minimoni plushies at the jpophouse table XD

zero
05-27-2003, 12:42 AM
I bought a Trigun Art book (only Japanese one at the con that I saw) a Trigun wallscroll, a lain mega bag backpack thingy, a swancrystal with Arc the Lad (only 110 buck total YAY!), and some anime VHS tapes from around the con. Nothing on art, because I was broke too fast.

Giant Alucard
05-27-2003, 08:03 AM
I bought 3 gto mangas and a whole lot of of ramune. I should have bought these black angel wings that i saw there, i could have worn them at otakon with my Junpei costume. oh well, maybe i cann find them on ebay.

Rinkun
05-27-2003, 08:23 AM
me and Gchan got a gigantic Mini Moni plushies cause they were so fricken cheap >D

i got 2 Mini Moni pins

then i got the Naruto GBA game

and that's it, cause i'm currently heading into debt cause of summer class =X

Cosmos
05-27-2003, 08:32 AM
Oh, so much stuff to buy. Luckily I learned my lesson the first year I went (3 years ago) and brought plenty of cash with me. I spent all, but like $10 of it (which is better than I usually do!). Let's see, I got a bunch of stuff. One of my fav. things being a One Piece plushie with Luffy and the Reindeer (attatched to his head), it SO CUTE!! Picked myself up the last vol. of Alice 19th and the first vol. of GetBackers from Sasuga, as well as the Second Treasury Artbook (Star Ocean). At House of Anime I got myself the Marmalade Boy artbook (which I've put off getting for 3 years now). The unusual find of the con. was the two Naruto pins I got about an hour before the dealers room closed. Got Naruto and Sasuke (wish they had a Sakura as well), these things are darn cool, heavy, shaped pins (cost $15 each, but worth every penny!). And that's about all I have to account for. ^___^

Anyone else eye that official Naruto jacket for the entire con, but was too afraid to ask about it? XD

liz-maru
05-27-2003, 08:40 AM
i bought way way too much and the funny thing is jessi was with me and she didnt buy anything at all nothing!! *_* i was like how are you holding yourself back girl!! >< but lol here is what i got!! ah hee! my sis bought me some stuff tho cause my birthday so i got some stuff early!! woo! i got two snk artbooks really cool! and i got a fruits basket poster with yuki on it YUM! and i got a dvd and the trigun kitty plushie and a sailormoon plushie purse and a human luna figure and hmmm what else o i got neo blood for my gba and the thing im most proud of is my hikaru sword from magic knight rayearth ^^ the big real one not the little 8 dollar ones!! and i talked the guy down from the price cause the box was kinda messed up so i got it for cheaper!! ^_- oo and i got a leon figure from resident evil and his clothes come off ahh hee! okies whew im done lol! ^_-

Hikaruchan
05-27-2003, 08:43 AM
My sister and I made Sasuga books very happy as we usually mail order from them but bought a lot at the con since didn't have to pay shipping. We also bought about all the Rose of Versailles figure boxes that Anime Pavillion brought (neither of us still have Andre or the Oscar in dress, though - argh)

evaneko
05-27-2003, 11:06 AM
ah i really didnt get as much stuff this year as i wanted... but that was because i was trying to save some cash for the art auction- but it turned out that i didnt really need that much... but i did get 2 new myth bags (im such a loser -_-) and some heero juice. it was really tasty!! i was suprised ^^

ShingoBunny
05-27-2003, 11:20 AM
The Heero Juice! Man... so many inappropiate jokes could be attatched to those things... LOL But the strawberry was GOOD! XDDD Wish they sold them here.

j-chan
05-27-2003, 11:40 AM
hee! i bought heero juice too. i just saw 'em and stopped dead in my tracks. "... he's brooding at me! eee! *buys*" :D

i bought 18 vhs tapes from central park media because their prices rocked. :o i also bought a rockin' kogepan plushie with guitar action, about 8 bottles of ramune soda (the only japanese food/drink i can't buy at my local asian grocery), a malice mizer concert vcd, two pencil boards, and a very pretty orange kimono. i *wanted* an utena artbook or some princess tutu/scrapped princess merchandise, but nobody had any. bu~hiii.

Farmboybob
05-27-2003, 02:00 PM
I spent about $60 and bought a fantasy knife and a butterfly knife(which I cut my hand with right after I got it). :)
I really wanted to get this nice set of Naruto keychains, but I kept putting it off thinking I might find something better when the dealers room closed and I couldn't get them.
Also, nobody there had the Eva Unit 01 action figure that I need to finish my collection. Not the model mind you, they had that, but not the figure. Oh well, I guess I'll look for them on e-bay.

Rinkun
05-27-2003, 07:08 PM
oh yea, i got free stuff....again!

i got free stuff from Tokyopop at Otakon 02 for cosplaying Chopper from One Piece

and now i got a lot of free stuff from Central Park Media for cosplaying Kumi from Alien 9

:D

::note to self...frequent anime company stands...they might love ya enough to throw cool stuff at ya >D::

ShingoBunny
05-27-2003, 07:21 PM
n.n That's the truth! I know that's happened to my friend before... lol

akiko
05-27-2003, 08:16 PM
*pouts* I just couldn't handle the dealers room in the wheelchair - to crowded, I couldn't get near most of the tables so I basically gave up... I'll have to stock up on toys at Otakon later this year.

Congratz to everyone on their scores though :)

--Akiko

lov-e-ly pain
05-27-2003, 10:07 PM
The Gothic Lolita Bibles were the last ones in the whole dealer's room. Or... maybe the only ones that had been there at all. They were from the J-rock booth.

And Jes, wtf?! The man told me they didn't have any VCDs. Damn you.

Mizuno Tenshi
05-27-2003, 10:24 PM
I could've done serious damage... I'm an otaku, and I have a credit card. Not safe at all... I got a OMG! Poster, a chobits clear poster (pencil board... but huge), and some pins. And hack//sign vol. 2

P-chan

lov-e-ly pain
05-27-2003, 10:30 PM
I am not fond of the fact that there were masses of One Piece plushies and what not, yet no sign of the dvds whatsoever! *stabs*

minako chan
05-27-2003, 10:36 PM
Haha! Ryan, I think you were there for my splurgeness! I got some of those sailor moon capsule thingies, a nadia figure(they were random, I was surprised I got her!^.^)a sumomo plush(to go with my chii costume)and one of those sailor moon figures that come with the chalky candy...but since I'm a sugar-holic, I eat it anyways...

j-chan
05-27-2003, 11:14 PM
jana, dahling, i bought it at the booth that was pandering the indie techno music toward the beginning of the dealer's room. i got there early and snagged a used vcd for $5. as the cute rising sun lady would say, "SUPAA RAKII!" XD;

heck, if anything i'm jealous of your golita lolita bibles. *pout*

AshleyV
05-27-2003, 11:30 PM
I just bought Hikaru's sword toy, a Magic Knights Rayearth Bag, two artbooks (one from Mahou Taski Tai, the other Magic Knight Rayearth) and a Malice Mizer poster! I didn't have much money to spend but was glad that I was able to get all of that.

Oshi
05-28-2003, 01:32 AM
I got... for me... a bokken, a sword, DDR Extreme Soundtrack, Rockman.EXE 5-peice figurine set.

For my gf: a bokken, a Kenshin courier bag (Mythware).

This was the most I've spent in at least 5 cons O.o;;
Now come Otakon... I REALLY splurge. Pins, DVDs, CDs, figures... and I need a dagger. Yeah.

Link Arroway
05-28-2003, 07:13 AM
meh I must buy posters. overall I got...
Asuka poster, Evangelion Episode poster (w/ scene from end of series), rinoa wall shade thingy, chobits poster, and 'eve' Evangelion character artbook. I also got 2 free posters outside the dealers room one morning.

Rei2Rei
05-28-2003, 10:39 AM
Heeheee..this year I didn't buy as much as I thought I would!
Lets see:
A Malice Mizer poster
A Two-Mix CD
A Smile.DK CD
Tons and tons of pins
Stickers to go on the car
Ramune
Lots of Pocky (GIANT POCKY~!)
Yan Yan
A Rurouni Kenshin bag

And I think thats all! :D :D

Madmann
05-30-2003, 12:44 AM
i got a kouga plushie pocky tote bag a saske pin and please teacher dvd vol 1

Link Arroway
05-31-2003, 03:02 PM
I want to get another wall shade thingy, anyone know websites of the stores? or other good online places to buy stuff? XD

evaneko
05-31-2003, 03:43 PM
what is a wall shade thingy?? are they like those slatted wall scroll thingies?? O.o

Link Arroway
05-31-2003, 04:49 PM
slatted? there like wall scrolls, but lotsa little rectangles with art on it, threaded or something together in a long sheet, on a big black bar at the top with strings that roll it up. lets light through it too. I'm using mine as a window shade but it doesnt really fit.

evaneko
06-01-2003, 06:56 PM
>< im so useless -_- i have no idea what you're talking about

Link Arroway
06-01-2003, 09:32 PM
simply.. its like window blinds, but a wallscroll that goes up and down and is made differently XD

evaneko
06-02-2003, 02:03 PM
-_- i MIGHT know what you're talking about- but i have no idea where to buy them... ^^;;;;; i really AM useless :(

!*Jessi-Chan*!
06-02-2003, 11:53 PM
I'm so jealous of all on you! I bought nothing cool at all and that is becasue of my lack of money! (My mother is so mean....must save money for next year.) I bought Pocky, the lst volume of Ranma 1/2 (recommended to me by the guy in line dressed as Genma) and a MegaTokyo manga. (Why did i do that...! It's online! I've already READ it online.....ugg...) This adds up to a total of $23 freakin dollars! My mom wouldn't give me anymore. Mainly becasue she hadn't seen the dealers room. Juu and I hovered over tables for long periods of time...we stayed in there for hours. SHE had lots of money (but she's cheap so she bought like....a couple of things) and kept decideing weather she should get some shirt. KENSHIN BAGS!!!!!!!! (looks at sig and avatar!) WHAT, Juu says she saw them and she didn't even tell me! I really wanted a Spirted Away artbook and a FFX artbook, but couldn't get it. (due to insuffiecient funds).

EDIT: Oh..And this Cowboy Bebop artbook.....TRIGUN ARTBOOK! Didn't see those.

RHIshida
06-08-2003, 04:40 AM
I was poor this year, (But I had $20 instead of 10 like last year X.x) so all I could afford was that really awesome $15 sword. It didn't come with a sheath and I seriously don't think it's full tang, but it was worth it and I love my new sword because I LIKE SWORDS XD Next year I am loading up on money so that I can buy stuff to my hearts content. Hmmm.. maybe I should start working on my webcomic :F

Farmboybob
06-08-2003, 09:05 PM
Speaking of liking swords Jazon, I just wanted to let you all know that its been weeks and I haven;t cut myself again with my butterfly knife I got at Animazement. (when I got it at AZ I cut my hand like 10 times.)

Giant Alucard
06-09-2003, 09:22 AM
Ohhhhhh!!! I found the same black angel wings I saw at Animazement on Ebay. I'm going to buy them and add them to my Junpei Costume. I will be L33t for Otakon. lol.

quadrain61
06-09-2003, 10:40 AM
i couldn't find what i wanted (galaxy express 999 mangas) this year all i got was a sword, dagger, and a butterfly knife. But again it was a hell of a lot of fun ;-) and farmboy luckily your mom was crazy enough to pack that first aid

RHIshida
06-12-2003, 09:53 AM
Not crazy, she just probably realised he was going to buy sharp pointy objects and then play with them until he cuts himself or kills one of us :P

quadrain61
06-12-2003, 10:00 AM
i dunno about killing one of us i mean he didn't buy a sword, you, me, and zack had a sword not to mention the dagger, the butterfly knife, and lighter I had in my poket the whole time ;-)

liz-maru
06-12-2003, 10:35 AM
i bought way too many artbooks but i <3 them!!

RHIshida
06-12-2003, 04:45 PM
Heh yeah, we were like totally armed to the brim with sharp, slicey, stabbity, thingies. I'm surprized we got through Animazement with our limbs intact :P