PDA

View Full Version : AM Staff Positions Open

Kensuke
05-27-2003, 03:46 AM
Ani-Magic currently has some staff positions that need to be filled. All positions are part of Convention Operations (Con-Ops). There are currently three miscellaneous staff positions, and two asistant section leader positions.

Staff are unpaid, and must pay a nominal membership fee to the AVAS (less than con reg). Meals will be provided, but probably not crash space. In other words, these positions are for selfless people who REALLY love staffing anime cons and want to make a difference.

WARNING: Cosplayers on staff are not permitted to enter the masquerade on a competitive basis. However, you are more than welcome to wear a costume in the performance of your duties.

Con Ops Staff

Ani-Magic is looking for reliable people to help run its nerve center (Con Ops).

The candidate will perform a variety of tasks involving the general operation of the convention. These may include maintaining constant communication with individual departments, ensuring that departments are adequately staffed with volunteers, answering attendee and guest questions, maintaining the cohesion of the con as a whole, and dealing with escalated issues beyond the department level. Additionally, the applicant may be asked to operate an information booth, or rove around the convention.

The ideal candidate must possess good people skills and be able to communicate instructions and relay messages effectively. Previous con staff experience preferred, but volunteer experience in general will be considered (i.e. School organizations, Church organizations, et cetra). Candidates must be at least 18 years of age. Applicants are forewarned this can be a stressful position and long hours may (read: probably will) be required.

This is a non-leadership staff position. Not a volunteer (gopher) position. As such, it is commensurate with increased responsibility. The position answers directly to the Director or Assistant Director of Con Ops.

Assistant Medical Tech

Ani-Magic requires an Assistant Medical Tech as a safeguard against on-site injuries. The candidate must be knowledgeable in First Aid procedures, CPR, and must be able to swim. The position is subordinated to the Chief Medical Tech and Assistant Director of Con Ops (currently Ms. Candice Boyles).

Red Cross or other official certification of the above is required to apply for this position.

Assistant Volunteer Coordinator

Ani-Magic requires an Assistant Volunteer Coordinator to assist with all volunteer-related issues, including the assignment of volunteers to individual departments. For more information, please contact the address below. This position answers to the Volunteer Coordinator (currently Mr. Michael Choi).

For more information, or to apply for these positions, please contact Mr. John Hokanson Jr. at kensuke_128@yahoo.com or by calling 909-551-8094.

Include your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, age, and any qualifications/experience you have. Attaching a resume would be appreciated, but is not required.

Thank you for your interest in Ani-Magic 2003!

- John Hokanson Jr.
Director of Convention Operations | Ani-Magic 2003
Volunteer Coordinator | Ani-Magic 2002
Terrorizing Anime Conventions Since 1998
http://www.ani-magic.org/

AM Chair
05-27-2003, 09:31 PM
I wanna add some gas to this fire: We are also looking for a two happless victims to act as Outside Events Coordinators. This entails the operation of the Anime Swap Meet and the sunday Akiyumi's Akimatsuri, a Japanese themed festival with carny games. Interested parties should contact me directly at chairman@ani-magic.org

Revell

Kensuke
06-17-2003, 05:03 AM
[H2]Medical Position Closed[/B]

For liability reasons we have elected to close the Assistant Medical Tech position.

While there will not be dedicated medical staff at AM this year, please feel free to list any medical skill qualifications you have when applying for the other positions. They may come in handy during life threatening emergencies.

Michi
06-17-2003, 05:52 AM
Do all positions require you to be at least 18 to apply? Because your Con Ops Assistant Director isn't...

Kensuke
06-17-2003, 02:43 PM
Michi,

Actually, I am taking a small number of sub 18 year olds who will mostly be applied during the daytime shifts. I'm not broadcasting this far and wide, but I have enough departments under my control where I can find a position suitable for everybody.

This has become less of an issue since I've recently decided that con-ops will shut down at 2:30am and the hotel will take over responsibility for patroling the area.

Candice got her position because of her extensive qualifications.
I can assume she acts old for her age, and historically we've had a few minors in leadership positions that have performed admirably.

Why? You want a job? :P

- John

Michi
06-17-2003, 09:33 PM
Yes, I was thinking about it, but I won't be 18 til a couple months after the con (like Candice, in fact.. our birthdays are a week apart ^^). Dunno what I'd be good for though. ^^;

Kensuke
06-17-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Michi
Yes, I was thinking about it, but I won't be 18 til a couple months after the con (like Candice, in fact.. our birthdays are a week apart ^^). Dunno what I'd be good for though. ^^;

It's entirely up to you my dear.

We need people for everything. If you give me some idea of what you like, I might be able to match a job to you. There's departments outside of my control that need people too.

- John

ChibiHiku
06-18-2003, 12:22 AM
Halo! ^^ I was wondering about this Ani-magic con-op jobs. Can someone give me a run-down on these jobs? And like... would we be missing all the con events and stuff? Cuz I am interested!

AM Chair
06-18-2003, 10:09 PM
Michi,

The minimum age for staff is age 15. Obvioulsy we would prefer older, more experienced folks to run things, and we need staff in any and all positions. You are welcome to apply for anything we have.

Revell

Michi
06-19-2003, 03:59 AM
A run-down of jobs would be cool. Well, I turn legal in December, and I've had experience with.. well, running an anime club. ^_^; I dunno. I was also in charge of the masquerade at Jrock Con til that sorta died. >_>

AM Chair
06-19-2003, 09:18 AM
All,

Here is a full run down of available places to drain your energy:

Operations Dept- John Hokanson
Convention Operations
Logistics
Security
Volunteer Management

Public Activities & Affairs - Kim Miller
Publicity
Guest Relations
Con Newsletter
Art Division
Anime Trading Post**
Aki Masturi (Autumn Fstival)**

Financial - Jack Miller
Registrations
Merchandising*
Dealer Hall *

Technical & Entertainment- Rick Van der Hyde
Video Gaming
Stage
Cosplay
Video Programing
Live Programming

Those marked with an * require one or more coordinators which are still needed.

Those with ** are combined events requiring a staff and coordinators

Revell

Michi
06-19-2003, 09:54 AM
*perks up* Cosplay? :D Interested!

AM Chair
06-19-2003, 08:20 PM
Apply to Tristen & Lisa, you'll be working with them.

Rey-Rey
06-21-2003, 01:50 PM
You'd be working with me, too. >=D In a way. >=D

Woof. >=D Hot Rey-Rey Summer. >=D

ChibiHiku
06-22-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by AM Chair
Apply to Tristen & Lisa, you'll be working with them.

How do I go about applying to Tristen and Lisa?

AM Chair
06-22-2003, 07:33 PM
* Leads by the hand* She's on this board, she's on our ani-magic board. Look her up.

Moon Prince
07-15-2003, 01:32 PM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I have to work with Rey-Rey? ^_^

Just kidding. *hugs*

I did the official thing and emailed TC like she asked...

Yes, Revell, you convinced me. LOL