PDA

View Full Version : Badges on Thursday?

Zelly
05-27-2003, 09:34 AM
Is it true that you can pick up your Otakon badge if you get there on Thursday (even though the con doesn't start 'til Friday)? O_o Is it only for people who pre-registered? I'll be getting there Thursday evening before the con so if it's true like I keep hearing about, that would be uber-convenient! Then I can spend more time sitting in a line for Takanori rather than a registration one! XD; lol.

Lady
05-27-2003, 12:10 PM
It's only for people who pre-register for the convention. They haven't announced where or at what time, but you can check their message board for more information on this www.otakon.com/bored

SailorAndromeda
05-27-2003, 09:21 PM
oooo...I hadn't heard that yet...but that would be awesome!

DigitalCactus
05-28-2003, 02:50 AM
oooh! My group and I have pre registered... that rocks!

Blaze
05-28-2003, 10:23 PM
Yeha that would be soooooooooo much easier than waiting in line for like 3 hours :), go and hit that dealer room line early :)

sailor-moon
05-29-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Blaze
Yeha that would be soooooooooo much easier than waiting in line for like 3 hours :), go and hit that dealer room line early :)

dealers room doesnt open till like 12 anyways right** so technically youd still have a long wait to get in^_^

SaiyenGirl
05-29-2003, 12:42 PM
wow that would be so awesome to be able to get my badge early, *off to otakon.com to check this rumor*

Caryn
05-29-2003, 12:50 PM
That would be uber convienent. Although now that we all know about it there'll be big lines anyway ^^;; but at least not as long as they'll be on Friday!!

Hotaru's Sister
05-29-2003, 01:24 PM
Yes, it is true. Ddefinitely pre-reg pickup on Thursday at the Sharp St. lobby. They just have to set a time.

Alot of people get to MD on Thursday to unpack etc so the lines will still be pretty long(probnably 2-3 hours rather than 4). However you won't be missing out on the con at all, and you'll be able to sleep a bit later the next day. Also, if they don't get the schedule online before hand, you can get the schedule a day early at least and have more time to plan things out. I wonder though if everyone will run there on Thursday, resulting in little to no line on Friday morning...Hmmmm.....

See you all that Thursday :p

Zelly
05-30-2003, 06:36 AM
Well, pre-registration lines are still much shorter than at-the-door lines. ^_^; So I'm sure it won't be too bad even if a lot of people do show up on Thursday.

Thank you! ^_^

Blaze
05-31-2003, 03:26 PM
AWESOME!!!!

That's going to make everything on Friday taht much easier on all of use with the bigger costumes :)

lunasreincarnat
06-20-2003, 09:38 PM
well it doesnt matter how long you wait for anything cause nothing is like sceduled till like after 12 anyway......

Zelly
06-21-2003, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by lunasreincarnat
well it doesnt matter how long you wait for anything cause nothing is like sceduled till like after 12 anyway......

Last year we got there in the morning sometime (9ish I think?) and I didn't get my badge until like 1 or 2. ><; Then again I was a moron to buy a badge at the con and not pre-register...

Radical Urd
06-21-2003, 11:41 PM
Actually the Pre-Reg line is much longer its just that it moves much faster then the Reg line

carly579
06-22-2003, 12:25 AM
Ug! I'm definatly pre registering! At ACEN I got in line early on Thursday and waited 2 hours, then when the line actually started to move they said Pre reg. over here at con over here! So me and some girls got into the at con line, and they basically stuck us in a closet until the pre registration people were done. We were so pissed becuase we got there two hours early for nothin'! ha ha you live and you learn!

oh I almost forgot when I got my badge it said "GrangeAngel.com" insted of "OrangeAngel.com" everyone except me had a great laugh over that! ^_^;

Radical Urd
06-22-2003, 11:36 AM
Anyone remember 01 when the line was a the way around the BCC and we had to wait 3 hours in the hot Baltimore sun for Reg? Ah hah! Good times... good times.....

Lyn
06-22-2003, 12:17 PM
Radical Urd - Thats why I've always pre-regged. ^^; Our line still wrapped around a large portion of the BCC but we never ended up outside....at least I don't think we did. For all I know, it could've gotten a lot longer later. I do remember getting to watch some random anime that year because the line ended up having to go straight through one of the video rooms, lol.

Doc Stampede
06-22-2003, 12:44 PM
Hey Guys :

Just to make life easier : you can pre-register online now. ;)

Doc

SailorAndromeda
06-22-2003, 10:14 PM
yeah...it would be easier, except we pre-regged by mail...but haven't got our confirmation yet ^^;
I figure I'll wait until July at least before emailing Sue, I know how busy everyone is.

Lyn
06-23-2003, 09:58 AM
SailorAndromeda - Hm, I have no clue whats up with that. I got my confirmation like a week or so after I sent my stuff out last month. I was all "o_o" too because I didn't expect it that soon, espicially since people who pre-regged before me are still waiting for there stuff. *blink* Its...weird...

ainslye
06-23-2003, 08:35 PM
Mmm... I wouldn't care how long I was in line on Thursday, just to wake up on Friday and not have to be in a line..just walk in , drop off the art, and do anything else. One less line on any given day at Otakon is a good thing.... hehe. Plus... if it's Thurs night, it'll be Emi-time! *looks at Lizzy* We're going for DDR cosplay for the reg line, to be fun. ^_^