PDA

View Full Version : Rurouni Kenshin at Fanime 2003!

Wandering Otaku
05-27-2003, 04:41 PM
Well its time for Fanime in just a short time. My other post got deleted, so I am resurrecting it for all you Kenshin Cosplayers.
As been tradition since Ani-Magic 2001, Kenshin fans and cosplayers have gathered to take pictures and have fun! We hope to see many of our old friends, and many new faces!

Time: 4 pm friday
Where: Outside of the convention center, where there is a grassy area and a big ole tree. Thats our favorite spot ^.^

Hope to see you all there
Thank you from the
Rurouni Otaku (http://www.rurouniotaku.com/)

Aoshi Shinomori
05-27-2003, 07:42 PM
Am I invited? cuz no one has love for aoshi heh

Hitori
05-27-2003, 07:51 PM
At the risk of sounding lame, is Aoshi the one Misao likes? I'm being Misao, but I keep forgetting who I'm supposed to like....

Aoshi Shinomori
05-27-2003, 07:57 PM
yeah Misao really loves Aoshi heh.. funny thing is when im aoshi there usually isnt a misao around.

Hitori
05-27-2003, 08:23 PM
Well I'll be there! But probably only for the shoot, so many other costumes to wear^_^

K_Valentine
05-27-2003, 08:31 PM
checks my size to see if i can still pull off my sanosuke

Aoshi Shinomori
05-27-2003, 11:04 PM
hey hitori i just looked thru your gallery and i think we met before. it was during fanime 2001.. and i think u were asuka and i remember u telling me it was your first con? i had long hair back then heh.. i think thats u .. .

Wandering Otaku
05-28-2003, 12:17 AM
Yep, that was her. Incidentally that was where I first met her too! Haha! And now she stalks me -_-x;;; No im just kidding! we are good friends.

Hitori
05-28-2003, 12:24 AM
Not to be too off topic... but Aoshi, you don't ring a bell <sweatdrop> You only look familiar from pictures Kaji-sama's (Wandering Otaku) shown mi... I'm sorry. What were you wearing?

Aoshi Shinomori
05-28-2003, 01:22 AM
oh.. well i was the asian guy with long black hair back then. i cosplayed as Van and Ranma. i remember talking to u in the registration line and u were asuka langley. lol now that i think of it.. i did see u too Kenshin.. lol as Kaji i think.. lol my what a trip down memory lane. I was wearing a sano button up shirt. i have a pic of u and me i think.

UsakoMinako
05-29-2003, 06:00 PM
Hey I got an Enishi who will show up

Cicatrice
05-30-2003, 01:53 PM
<Sobs!> I'm not getting there till around 8ish @@;

Aoshi Shinomori
05-30-2003, 09:03 PM
who will u be going as?

Wandering Otaku
06-04-2003, 03:36 PM
Cicatrice, I prolly will be in Kenshin for the rest of the night after. If you wanna take pictures with me as Kenshin, I will be glad to ^.^ I wander alot though, ask Aoshi. He had a hell of a time finding me at Ani -Magic for their skit haha.

Aoshi Shinomori
06-04-2003, 10:34 PM
grr himura battousai.. i always cant find u when im trying to look for you. no wonder they call u a wanderer. yeah lol if i wasnt stopped for a photo op.. i would've found u sooner.. but i was lucky to find u in the dealers room with your god like speed. i'm pretty quick too heh

Hitori
06-07-2003, 01:53 AM
ti hi, he'll be easy to spot now! 'Cause he'll have a loud fangirl stalker following him! Ha ha^_^

Aoshi Shinomori
06-07-2003, 02:07 AM
yeah if u follow Kenshin he might lead u to Aoshi..

Wandering Otaku
06-09-2003, 02:25 AM
-_-x;;;; unless I see he has the tape.

Aoshi Shinomori
06-15-2003, 02:00 AM
heh himura battousai.. fear the tape and butt bow!!

Umi
06-15-2003, 03:53 PM
expect another misao and jinchuu arc aoshi to show up. Soujirou is tentative if he can get his kimono made in time ^^

Hitori
06-15-2003, 07:33 PM
Yay! Another Misao^_^ How fun.

Aoshi Shinomori
06-15-2003, 11:56 PM
i ll be bringing butt bow aoshi or trenchcoat.. argh. i like them both.. i cannot choose.

Kenshin Kitty
06-16-2003, 12:29 AM
*decides to pull bow and run*

Aoshi Shinomori
06-16-2003, 12:40 AM
hey come back here u thief..

Wandering Otaku
06-17-2003, 01:30 PM
Muaha! *flies through the air and bashing Aoshi with a gigantic Raddish when he goes to chase*

Hayashi
06-17-2003, 04:55 PM
I'll be there with Umi as jinchuu arc Shinomori Aoshi. It'll be my first cosplay... so I might be a bit shy.

Aoshi Shinomori
06-18-2003, 03:37 AM
heh well since there wil be a butt bow aoshi.. i ll probably bring the trenchcoat one.. argh.. i m always like this.. deciding which one to wear.. argh.. come back here kenshin.. and with your radish too. cool there isnt much jinchuu aoshi .. in fact ive only seen one other besides myself that has done a jinchuu aoshi. i did my colors based on the anime when he comes back to get misao.. i like the colors on it even though it wasnt a butt bow heh

Hayashi
06-18-2003, 09:12 PM
I did my colors according to the manga since that is the only authentic reference. If you did it according to that one filler anime episode, it's not really jinchuu arc or manga Aoshi. It's more like an obi-less Aoshi that has been neutered for television, heh.

Hmm, you should come out in your trenchcoat-less Aoshi. It would be nice to see another one out there.

Wandering Otaku
06-19-2003, 02:15 AM
Yaaa for first cosplays!

Aoshi Shinomori
06-19-2003, 03:28 AM
I made mine last year for Fanime. I havent read all of jinchuu arc manga but i saw some fight scenes with aoshi vs gein. it looks black and white but im not sure cuz its a manga. heh well i did jinchuu arc style with oniwanbanshu color. I showed it to Watsuki and he said that the costumes look great and thats probably the colors that he would use if it was being animated. i'll probably bring the trenchcoat one cuz i wore that butt bow one last year. but who knows heh i remember wearing the butt bow but only true kenshin fans would recognize it.

Umi
06-19-2003, 12:29 PM
I think Hayashi just likes black entirely too much x.X; Chuu... actually in one of the chapters of the manga when Aoshi is fighting with... er... whatever his name is, he says they are both wearing black. So that's what we based the color scheme of of. v^___^v

'kay... Fanime is tomorrow. Guess I'll see you RuroKen cosplayers there. =D

Hayashi
06-19-2003, 01:49 PM
In chapters 216 and 217 of the Rurouni Kenshin manga, the title was "The Two Dressed In Black", in reference to Aoshi and Gein. Even though it was a black and white manga, Gein repeatedly said that they both wore black.

It was cool that you saw Watsuki-sensei. Though if the jinchuu arc was animated, it would probably be contorted and not true to the manga at all (i.e. animated Kenshin after the Kyoto Arc, filled episodes, both Kenshin OAV series).

Yeah, only true Kenshin fans would know long obi Aoshi, and on top of that, they probably wouldn't know that he wore black.

There aren't enough Aoshi lovers out there... how sad...

See you all at Fanime.

Aoshi Shinomori
06-19-2003, 02:35 PM
yeah i didnt know what colors it was but i just saw the filler eps and just based it off the oniwanbanshu color. and watsuki did say that it would be that color if animated cuz i guess he likes that color and he made the " butt bow" cuz he likes long flowing stuff.. he also said that Aoshi is one of his favorites. yeah i ll probably bring the trenchcoat ones to amuse the cartoon network fans of kenshin.. they would recognize it and probably forget the name of the character heh i hope its not too hot outside.