PDA

View Full Version : Alternative places to crossplay

Alielle
05-28-2003, 03:42 PM
Hello ,
I'm fairly new to this forum, but, thought I'd come down from the rafters...one can only lurk for so long.
Anyhow, after reading some of these posts, I thought I'd add a few suggestions to the content.
One of the best alternatives to cons are goth/industrial clubs. Granted, they're usually 18 and up....however, the dress code is pretty much anything goes and nobody has a problem. It can be a little unnerving the first time you show up in a skirt and heels, but, once inside.....it's incredible ::::insert big smiley face here::::

one example is
http://www.vamp.org/Gothic/clublist.html

Sorry, if I'm pert with messages, this should improve as I become more at ease with the crew here. Let me know if this has been of any help.....Alielle (my alterego)

number18
05-28-2003, 06:11 PM
Actually, the same night that Anime Boston started, the club Manray had an anime themed night. I would like to go to a goth club but it's 21+ and I'm only going to be 20 next week. I think my boyfriend wouldn't quite understand me going to dance around next to people in bondage/fetish gear. lol. He's totally the other end of the spectrum from me. =sigh= Oh well. ^_^

vyrax778
05-28-2003, 09:48 PM
why the midnight Rocky Horror Picture show screenings of courses.

cube
05-29-2003, 05:48 PM
If you can get some of your other friends to crossplay with you that will get rid of the anxiety. I've noticed that when people are with a group of their own peers they'll do things together they would never think of doing by themselves for better or worse. Must be a psychological thing *shrug shoulders* for example high school football players dressing up as cheerleaders during halloween.

yasafusa
05-29-2003, 11:53 PM
Oh, I totally agree with the group of friends thing... When I joinedt the navy, the uniform was quite difficult to wear in public, but when six or seven of us got together; people were wanting autographs!!!! Now only if I could convince my friends to get all cosplayed up and go to the mall.... ANOTHER PLUS is that people will be a lot less afraid of a group of people instead of one person who REALLY stands out *photo ops!*

BTW, the navy uniform really attracted lots of cuties, wonder what cartoon and game characters will bring!

Michi
05-29-2003, 11:56 PM
You're talking about crossdressing then, not crossplay..

Mizuno Tenshi
05-30-2003, 10:18 AM
I think it would depend on your area... to describe the climate of my area... well... churches outnumber 7-11's 5 to 1, and Pat Robertson (of 700 Club/Christian Coalition fame) is about a mile from where I am now.
So... crossdressing=beat down

P-chan

Menchi
05-30-2003, 12:17 PM
mizuno: sounds like the west (wyoming, montana colorado etc) where it is jus so sparce an really realy religous