PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

ChicoChan
01-02-2003, 11:51 PM
WOOOOOT! am i the only lunatic here that made hogwarts robes or what ^_~

kelldar
01-02-2003, 11:59 PM
I did, though I've retired it cause it looks like crap XD why couldn't they have come out with those house patches before I made mine??

ChicoChan
01-03-2003, 09:03 AM
hey ^_^ i saw you on cosplay lab b4!!!!
you rock!
yeah i made my own patch too >.<
it looks "alright"

Heather
01-03-2003, 02:51 PM
Wooo~ XDDDD

I really want to cosplay one of the quidditch teams uniforms... but I don't even know where to start. O_O

KnuxieChan
01-04-2003, 12:37 PM
I wanna cosplay Snape ^.^

Sami
01-04-2003, 12:59 PM
I made a Hogwarts uniform to wear to the CoS premiere, tie and all, but it sucked so bad it's now immortalized in the trunk of my car. ^____^;;;

aeva
01-04-2003, 05:05 PM
I want to make Quittich robes. *_______* They're so... spiffy!!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
01-04-2003, 09:57 PM
I wanna make the Quiddditch robes too! Both Slytherin and Gyrffindor! Been planning for awhile.....was gonna make the broomsticks too, but i decided to wait and see how the firebolt looks

kelldar
01-05-2003, 01:08 PM
thanks!! ^^
I want to make Quidditch uniform too... I wanted to do Ravenclaw, just to do something different, but I already have a Gryffindor patch that's just sitting around (I bought it to put on my backpack and just... didn't, lol) so I figured I'd go ahead and do Gryffindor and get some use out of that thing. If I can only find someone to knit me the sweater that doesn't cost $200.

RealizeDOP
01-05-2003, 10:06 PM
Heehee, I'm gonna make A ravenclaw Uniform for this thing a bunch of us are doing at Katsucon! Anybody else that wants to join us and look weird jump on in! hahahah : )

Mizuho
01-07-2003, 07:52 PM
Snape....

*Vacant stare*

*Faint smile...*

L to the 3rd
01-10-2003, 02:18 PM
I was in Japan recently for Comiket 63 and everyone and their mom cosplayed as Harry potter. It was insane!!! I thinkit's because you can actually buy the black robe (for $300 bucks) and the Scarf w/ the isigna for $80 at the local theaters. very cool looking. I think i have the add for it still somewhere..

*digging around*

soshi
01-10-2003, 09:27 PM
I've cosplayed Snape ;) the arms on the costume were ill-fitted and I'd like to redo it (someday, when I magically aquire sewing skills - my friend made if for me, for free as a present, and I totally love it and her for doing it), but hey, it was made without my body there for a reference so ~ la la! the cape/robe thingy ROCKS tho, it looks just like his in the movie. *^^*

I would show you pictures but I'm unphotogenic and I don't remember where I uploaded pictures to. o.O

Ringo
01-11-2003, 01:10 AM
I was a Hufflepuff for the COS Premiere. It was fun, I never dressed up for movie before. I'll be doing it again that's for sure. =D
I can't believe it will be 2004 for the next movie. >_< But as long as Book 5 comes before then i'll be happy.

Mako-san
01-11-2003, 12:41 PM
I did a Hogwarts uniform, it was great!! I got almost everything really cheap at the thrift store!!
Where are the patches???, I made one too and it really crappy! Please Please someone let me know!!!

If only I could knit!! I would do a quidditch uniform in a heartbeat!!!

Ringo
01-11-2003, 09:56 PM
We bought our pathches off of e-bay they were kind of expensive but they were nice ($10). The best gryfindor patch i've seen is on the kids halloween costume. But it's around $20 for the costume.
The patches we used are from this website (http://www.scifipatch.com), but they also sell then on e-bay.

Misao Makimachi
01-12-2003, 04:14 AM
Quidditch robes...

http://www.dementors-kiss.net/cosplay/pics/potter3.JPG

aeva
01-12-2003, 09:01 AM
*-* ohgodohgodohgod... Quittich robes.... I think I developed a fetish for them. X3 ::cackles::

rheanna
01-20-2003, 04:04 AM
wow! Finally someone who did Quidditch robes! (it's the first time I've ever seen them done entierly!) At the CoS premier, there was a girl who had the clothing, but not the leg and arm guards! That outfit is totally impressive!!

And yep, I cosplayed for CoS too! I just did a Hermione outfit, but I didn't make the robe part (just the sweater and skirt) so I didn't have to worry about where to find the patch! ;)
My mom was in town visiting at the time, and we were planning on going to take some nice pictures (she dressed as Lucius Malfoy!) but we were running late and didn't get the chance! I'm going home for reading week in february, so we're probably going to take some pictures then :)

Anyways, I'm totally going to be wearing the outfit again only July 21st!! (i'm soooo unbelievably excited! ::dorky grin::)

Misao Makimachi
01-21-2003, 01:36 PM
thank you thank you -bows like the dork she is- xD

do0d. kick ass. xD I wanna cosplay Lucius. XD!!!!! and your mom rocks. mine's just kinda like... "Ehhhh @_@ cosplay.... nerds..."

-lemoned

Lynzie
01-21-2003, 02:53 PM
I wanted to cosplay at the CoS premiere; I saw the movie on opening day, but I didn't get to cosplay. I wore a grey sweater and a navy blue pleated skirt, but it wasn't the same, y'know? ^_^

Garuda_Aiacos
01-23-2003, 02:03 PM
I'm doing 1942 Version Moaning Myrtle now, mostly likely for the June Book Release. Gotten a cheap Dark Grey Sweater the other day and now hunting for the White, round collar Shirt (I know a primary school here have the shirt but I'm sooo big size :( ) and the skirt. For the tie, I have no choice but to paint double silver strips on a Green tie. I'll probably buy the Hogwarts Patch from that scifipatch guy or get it specially done here (if I can find the shop that make customized patch!).

After that, I might try out Myrtle's Ghost Uniform (meaning another robe) and another random Hogwarts student uniform.

Last Nov/Dec, a number of my friends did the costume, mostly Slytherin and Gyrffindor. One of them even did a Slytherin Quiddditch for our MAC Cosplay 2002.

HuongStar
01-26-2003, 08:53 PM
Wai wai! Carolina, I can't wait to see yours! My Ravenclaw costume is going to be a million different shades of grey & blue because I bought all my items at different times. ^_^;;

Mandy Mitchell
01-27-2003, 08:22 PM
I've been thinking about cosplaying Hogwarts school uniforms for awhile since I'm such a Harry Potter freak! Go Ravenclaw!

peaseblossom
01-28-2003, 10:57 AM
I'd like to do a Hermione costume (robes and all) but I have way too much on my plate right now. My Dawn that I'm working on is gonna take a lot of time and head injuries.

Yuna-X2
01-28-2003, 10:31 PM
I'm considering making a Moaning Myrtle costume, cause I did a really quick "wear all black, glasses, hair in pigtails and have a whiny voice" character for my english presentation of a parody of Death, and people were scared of the fact that I looked like Myrtle. So now I need the robes. It's at the end of my list however.

I'd also love to make Hermione's dress robes (even though we technically havn't seen them, thats quite alright with me) or the Quidditch robes... just the coat part though. lol

rheanna
01-28-2003, 11:47 PM
Hermione's dress robes wuld be really cool I think! ^^

I dunno, I kinda like seeing how people interpret the characters! I hate how once a movie comes along, suddenly everyone loses their original idea of what everything looks like (don't get me started on this one ^^;; <---fanartist who is sad at all the people drawing Daniel Radcliff now instead of Harry Potter ^^;;;) so yea, I think it would be a cool outfit to do! ^_^

Babbit_Chan
02-09-2003, 04:23 PM
Kind of late, but if anyone wanted EXPENSIVE authentic sweaters Weasley style they're here:

http://www.thekidswindow.com/HarryPotter/?AID=7277684&PID=627205

Kairikins
02-09-2003, 10:44 PM
Heh I wouldnt mind making myself a gryffindor costume but I dont think Id use it for any con ~ maybe for movie openings etc *uber dorky smile*

sarabug
02-13-2003, 07:15 PM
a few of us are trying to put together a quidditch team for dragoncon, but since we are all doing different houses, i suppose it's just going to be a group of hogwarts kids! i'm going all out on the gryffindor quidditch uniform, arm and leg guards and all, even found a way to make the sweater! it's gonna be the most elaborate costume to date for me! can't wait!

Hitomi chan
02-15-2003, 12:51 AM
well, I was the first Hermione in my country... and I think that the first HP cosplayer too... I love this child, she's so.... perfectionist, like me :thumbsup: and the robes are so cute, and all my life i've dreamed to make a witch costume... so Hermione was the perfect excuse.

j-chan
02-15-2003, 05:35 PM
yay! harry potter = das uber-r0x0r. :D

a friend & a (ghetto!) cosplayed as hogwarts students at the cos premiere. it was a spur of the moment thing! i was a hufflepuff student (it gets no credit whatsoever! *sad*) and she was ravenclaw. we were the oldest people in costume there- lots of little kids were harry potter & there was an adorable ron weasley. even so, it was really fun. we didn't really have "robes," persay, but did have wands! and those, my friends, were cool.

darn, those quidditch uniforms rock. i want to cosplay as draco. XD; if anything, hopefully there will be a midnight "pick-up-your-book" party for book five where i can wear my costume again. yay for harry potter geekiness!

JoeBoeing
02-22-2003, 09:31 PM
Greetings,

I just got a Gryffindor scarf (55 inch U.K. version) off ebay and now that I have a job I'm wanting to start work on my GRyffindor costume.

I was thinking for the burgandy and gold trim I was going to sew the colors in strips and sew them to the v-neck vest.

But I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what exactly makes up the school uniform. Piece by piece with a color scheme would be helpful. (my sister lost my Harry Potter DVD)

Also, for the scholl robe? Does if have a Gryffindor logo or a hogwatrs logo? Ifso, where can I find this logo?

I'm going to make the black robe myself.

Is anyone planning a Harry Potter group at AX in Anahiem this year?

FRom,
Joe

j-chan
02-22-2003, 09:40 PM
alrighty. ;D first off, you have a v-neck gray vest. around the collar, i'd stitch on some reddish-burgandy bias tape (1/2 inch). then, on that, some yellow/gold tape (1/4 inch). i did this, and the results are fabulous. there's also some trim around the middle of the uniform. (at least, according to my source images. correct me if i'm wrong, anyone!) you just do the same as with the collar. underneath the vest is a white collared dress shirt (button-up). they're really easy to find, no worries there! then you've got darker grey pants and shiny black dress shoes to finish it off.

the robe itself has a "house patch" on the left(?) side, around the heart. these can be easily purchased on ebay and they look great. they're about $10 or so.

that's all there is to it, as far as i know. hope it helped somewhat. :o i wish i was going to ax!

JoeBoeing
02-22-2003, 09:48 PM
Greetings again,

J-chan, that did help, thanks. If you wash the vest what will happen to the bias tape?

also, what do you mean by, "there's also some trim around the middle of the uniform" ... do you mean the waist? Is it the same pattern as the neck?

As for the tie... I'm going to find a burgandy/red and sew (or glue) on gold ribbon.

Thanks,
Joe

EDIT: also, what do you mean by, "there's also some trim around the middle of the uniform" ... do you mean the bottom or the waist? Is it the same pattern as the neck?

Ringo
02-23-2003, 12:08 AM
I'm a full advocate of Steam-a-seam and ribbon on house ties. Then again i'm a bit biased becase I think our ties can out so well. (http://www.paper-wings.org/gallery/hp/huffle.html)
Steam-a-seam is your friend when it come to trims.
I never though of Bias tape for the sweater. XD We used grosgrain ribbon, I guess we were into the ribbon at that time. XD
Oh yeah If you in a pinch for a wand, chopsticks photograph well.

Sailor Naboo
02-23-2003, 01:04 AM
The same trim from the V neck is also around the waist and also around the cuffs. Sometimes they have the sleeves rolled up one turn so it doesn't show, but it's there in images where they are not.

JoeBoeing
02-23-2003, 01:08 AM
Greetings,

What is Steam a Seam?

cuffs? I thought they wore gray sleaveless vests?

FRom,
Joe

Garuda_Aiacos
02-23-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by JoeBoeing
also, what do you mean by, "there's also some trim around the middle of the uniform" ... do you mean the waist? Is it the same pattern as the neck?

This picture show it:
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1807858489&cf=pg&photoid=451692&intl=us

There is the colored strips on top of the elastic band that goes at the bottom of the sweater body.

For accuracy, the actual House Patch on the robe is a few times bigger than the ones sold on eBay for $9.90-$12.90.

Garuda_Aiacos
02-23-2003, 01:34 AM
cuffs? I thought they wore gray sleaveless vests?

Nope. They wore long sleeves Gray Vest/Sweater, an inche or 2 shorter than the white sleeves of the shirt.

Oh yes, I forget to mentioned: Many people who did extensive research on this costume found out that the Robe has no Hood. :eek:

JoeBoeing
02-23-2003, 01:57 AM
Greetings,

You are confusing me even more on the cuffs... is there a regular gray sweater version and a vest?

is the gold/burgandy at the shoulder of the vest?

From,
Joe

EDIT: The Gryffindor scarf I got on ebay has the Gryffindor colors but the picture on the auction is of the Hogwarts crest with the 4 houses... he said that it has a Gryffindor patch on it... did I get the wrong one?

Is there a scarf with both the Hogwarts crest with the 4 houses and the GRyffindor crest?

Sailor Naboo
02-23-2003, 02:40 AM
Here you go:

http://emmawatson.donthyde.com:81/gallery/gallery/view_photo.php?full=1&set_albumName=album14&id=ronandhermione

In this picture you can't see the trim around the cuffs because they are rolled up.

JoeBoeing
02-23-2003, 02:57 AM
Greetings and much thanks,

Ahhhhhhhhhh! Now I understand! Thanks!

What about the scarf?

FRom,
Joe

Sailor Naboo
02-23-2003, 03:01 AM
After looking at TONS of pictures, I don't think the scarf has a patch at all. I think it's just in school colors. If you want a really good tie, www.cospa.com has them for about $60 us.

JoeBoeing
02-23-2003, 03:10 AM
Greetings again,

No patch? I could have sworn in the scene when Harry enters his room after the sorting hat and he looked in his chest to find his uniform thata the scarf has a crest of some kind. I wish I had my DVD to double check.

Thanks for the link to COSPA. I'd like that tie but I can't afford 50+ for a tie. I can never navagate COSPA because my Japanese skills are so limited. but I did find the Harry Potter section (icons are great).

I think I'll make my own cloak... any idea where to get patches the right size for the cloak?

Thanks again,
Joe

Sailor Naboo
02-23-2003, 03:19 AM
I'll double check that scene the next time I watch it. I haven't found it in any of the movie stills, but that doesn't mean it's not there.

I got lucky and found a tie that is exactly right, I didn't buy the Cospa one either. It's really nice the way the cospa one has the crest on it. There were no crests like that in the movie, but it's a really nice touch. The cospa sweaters also have the house patches on the arm, not the chest.

As for the patches, you might be able to find the Harry Potter deluxe costume robe on sale. I bought one for about $10, marked down from $30. It's for a child aged 5-7 (I can actually put it on, but it's way to short and the arms are too short). I'm going to use the patch from it to put on my own robe.

JoeBoeing
02-23-2003, 03:25 AM
Greetings again,

where did you find the tie? Since I have 19 inch neck I need an extra long tie... but then again... only a little of it is shown because the sweater.

Note to self: Learn to tie a tie.

FRom,
Joe

Sailor Naboo
02-23-2003, 04:08 AM
I got AMAZINGLY lucky found it at a thrift store. If I had found them in a regular store I would have bought them all up and sold them on eBay! :)

Ringo
02-23-2003, 10:41 AM

What is Steam a Seam?

It's a roll or sheet of relly thin plastic/glue that alows you to iron things togther. Instead of having to deal with messy hot glue, or bums from the glue, etc. It's like an instant seam, although I would not rocomend it for an entire costume it works great with trims and apliques. Just make sure you iron is not to high either. They last tie we made took 15 minutes, it's super fast!

j-chan
02-23-2003, 09:36 PM
ah! that's what i get for letting this thread run off without me! glad to see everyone explained this more eloquent than i could! :D

as for ties- i too advocate steam-a-seaming ties. XD i did that for mine and it looks absolutely grand. 3/4 inch bias tape (yellow) over a black tie worked really nice. :3

oh, and ringo? HUFFLEPUFFS R0X0R. XDDD

Ringo
02-23-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by j-chan

oh, and ringo? HUFFLEPUFFS R0X0R. XDDD
*sniff* They are the under appreciated house. *sniff*
Someone told me I was a lamer for being a hufflepuff. XD

j-chan
02-24-2003, 04:34 PM
they didn't! the whores. XD they just don't realize that mentioning hufflepuffs would just make the other houses look bad. muhahaha.

ahrm.

</offtopic>

!*Jessi-Chan*!
02-28-2003, 10:47 PM
The numerous tests i took told me i was a Gryffindor! My friend's a Ravenclaw....

Marty
03-05-2003, 04:41 PM
I cosplayed as Harry for NekoCon, in the Hellsing/Harry Potter skit that won Best Master's performance (I was so happy to be the first Harry CosPotter onstage at an american con....thanks to Nyanko-chan for letting me do the skit with her!). I've NEVER seen a crowd react so wildly about a costume! I suppose cosplayers just inherently like Harry Potter! :)

Marty
03-05-2003, 04:45 PM
Hate to double-post (and shameless plug) but I'm putting togehter a Griffindor Quidditch set of robes to sell, complete with little stuffed snitch and leather pads for the arms and legs. :) If anyone's interested, please email me!

Sailor Naboo
04-10-2003, 08:18 AM
We had a Hermione (me) and a Harry in the Bakazoku skit at Sakura Con this year. We won a Judges Choice award.

Here is how my Hermione came out:

http://images.cosplay.com/data/577/18sakura03-0598.jpg

I'm really happy with it.

Leloi
04-15-2003, 10:51 PM
Hmm... I'm going to be McGonagall. Not exactly a student... but a teacher. (There's a Snape in my cosplay group too... so we have the heads of two houses.) My hat is DONE!!! Does a hat victory dance. I need to finish it by this weekend for a party b-day party.

CattieBrie
04-16-2003, 08:17 AM
My friends and I all made our own costumes for Halloween. We went as the Marauders, but then we altered our costumes a bit for the premire of CoS. The people at the theatre thought that we were some sort of drama group or something. Hey, we got free popcorn out of the deal! The people in the mall, however were a completely different story. Many of the older people (and those that had been under a rock for the past few years) thought that we were a choir group or something.

CattieBrie
04-22-2003, 08:40 AM
Hey, for all of you people who want Quiddich robes! I found a site that has them. I can't remeber the url right now, but I'll edit this post and put it here when I find it again.

Minako Kou
04-22-2003, 12:05 PM
Well, I'm going to be wearing a Ravenclaw, outfit to the Harry Potter first showing this year for the 3rd movie.

My friends and I each have a house. Chibiusa- Gryffindor, Usagi- Slytherin, Mako- Hufflepuff, and I'm doing Ravenclaw. It seems like a lot of fun ^__^

Leloi
04-22-2003, 12:49 PM
You each have a house?

Gee... all my friends were sorted and we are split down the middle with half in Gryffindor and the other half in Slytherin. We DO have a Ravenclaw... Cho Chang.

We have:
Harry, Ron, Hermione, Cho Chang, Lucius, Snape, McGonagall, Draco, Oliver Wood... and I think one of the Twins... And someone claimed Lockhart.

We just keep adding people. It's fun ^^v

Minako Kou
04-22-2003, 01:07 PM
Hehe, sounds interesting. Post piccies when you get them ^__^

We aren't anyone specific, just characters from those houses. ^.~

Marty
04-27-2003, 08:04 PM
WOOOOOOT! Wonderland Costume Shop now carries Lucius Malfoy's snake canes! The first is up for auction on ebay now!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29798&item=2172177727&rd=1

I'm not sure if these will just be sold on ebay or will eventually be sold in the shop, but that is one DAMN fun cane. :)

yunaffx2
04-27-2003, 09:15 PM
i was planning on doing hermione for a con i though it would be nice

Sailor Naboo
04-27-2003, 09:19 PM
It was so much fun being Hermione at a con! There is a link to the pic earlier on in this thread.

Maryssa
04-27-2003, 09:57 PM
Marty: that looks AMAZING!! *fangirl*

Marty
04-27-2003, 11:29 PM
Heya Maryssa! thanks a bunch, I worked really hard on it! :razz:

Mandy Mitchell
04-30-2003, 02:41 AM
Sailor Naboo,

Long time no hear! I loved your Hermione at Sakura Con. I had no idea that it was you. You had the perfect Hermione hair. I really want to cosplay Cho Chang because I'm a total Ravenclaw at heart. But first, I still need to finish four costumes by Fanime and AX.

Sailor Naboo
04-30-2003, 05:39 AM
Thanks, Mandy!
Nice to see you're still at it too. I kind of moved away from the message boards for a while. My mother didn't even recognize me between the makeup and wig!

Hermione was my favorite costume ever! I'm glad that I'll have plenty of chances to wear it other than at conventions. I need to make an avatar out of one of the pictures. Everyone keeps telling me I should dye my hair that color!

Garuda_Aiacos
04-30-2003, 03:28 PM
Does anyone knows where I can get a very clear picture of the Hogwarts Crest (without the wordings will be good but has to be the correct color)? Maybe at least 400 pixel wide?

Some people (including me) at the HP Costuming ML are getting the Hogwarts Badge done so we need the clear and big picture of the Hogwarts Crest for the digitization.

Sailor Naboo
04-30-2003, 09:53 PM
Check Yahoo Japan. They sell all of the house patches for about 350 yen each and they are really nice quality and official WB merchandise.

I've been trying to talk the Jlist.com guy into selling them. Maybe if more of us bug him, he'd think about it! :)

Garuda_Aiacos
05-03-2003, 05:42 PM
Link please? I can't read Japanese.

Anyhow, I'm looking for Screen-Accurate Hogwarts badge/patch, not any of the 4 houses.

Sailor Naboo
05-03-2003, 08:10 PM
I know you are specificly looking for the patch with all 4, that is the first three links. The rest are for the other houses.

I couldn't find an example of Hufflepuff, but I found the others. You might be better off finding someone who can speak Japanese and write directly to the person selling them. The quality looks really high, and it might be much cheeper to import rather than having to pay set up charges and such.

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b37304530
http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b34970690
http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/54161471
http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d31604029
http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c33938109
http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b37319484
http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/53507721

Note: You can't access Yahoo Japan auctions after they have ended unless you have a Yahoo Japan log in, so if you want any of the pictures from these auctions, get them ASAP!

Scortia
05-10-2003, 09:38 AM
*is idly impressed with Marty's Lucius cane* Dang, I wish I could make props that'd bring in that much cash. ^.^ Anyway... I plan on making a Remus Lupin costume for the opening of Prisoner of Azkaban in... *wince*.. June 2004. So far away! ;_; If it comes out good it'll get some con time as well. *huggles Lupin* Now if only I could find a Sirius! ^o^

Luna Selene
05-13-2003, 03:31 PM
Erm...Just in case any of you are attending Otakon or Anime Central this year, I'll most likely be bringing my Gryffindor Student/ Hermione costume to both cons, despite the heat. I think of it as a random student...it's just everyone else who's named me as Hermione, due to my hair -_-;

So...if anyone's interested in taking pictures or just seeing my costume, drop me a PM or a reply here ^_^;; I'll try to get pictures up in my gallery once I return from ACen this weekend!

Akutenshi
05-17-2003, 12:11 PM
I did ravenclaw quidditch robes for the CoS premiere, but i never finished them in time...I figure if i ever played quidditch i'd be a beater, so i still need to make the club and finish the leg stuff..but other than that it's pretty cool. Finding pics of those robes was hard.. >.

Maryssa
05-18-2003, 11:48 PM
Scortia: i cant wait to see it ^^ he's one of my favorites!

Nikki
05-25-2003, 03:28 PM
I actually snagged up a pair of robes for Halloween this year and wore them for work and the Premiere of CoS. They're going to get another use for the Book 5 release Party at Barnes and Nobles again.

The patch that's on them is a cheesy iron on, pressed on black fabric then added but I recently got a new patch from ebay based off the movie logo. So my Gryffindor Robes look nice and spiffy now.

If anyone is going to AX this year -- I'll be there as Marauder!Remus Lupin with a Padfoot on a leash! Yes, my friend loves me enough to dress as Sirius and wear a leash. ^_~

Anyone else brining their robes? We should hook up!

BlueAsrai
05-28-2003, 05:42 PM
Ok so I have a simple enough problem. I've never cosplayed before and I work at B&N and want to dress up for our sale of Harry Potter. I already have the basic underclothes...i.e. shirt, skirt and sweater ensemble but need a tie, the robes and figure out how to do the ravenclaw patch. Any suggestions from previous Potter cosplayers?? I don't have too much time but do have volunteered help with the robes. Does anyone have a good pattern suggestion and patch suggestion? And what have others done about the ties?? Bought them, made them? etc?

I know newbie alert but I think it would be an easy first try for me. And I was so inspired by the great costumes from this year's ACen. So this is a new experiment for me.

Thanks!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
05-28-2003, 07:23 PM
You're better off buying the patch from Ebay. Trying it yourself will be absolute murder!!! As for the tie.....i don't know....I was going to hot glue ribbons on a soldi colored tie. (i haven't made my uniform yet.....) OH, and a serious fan, i hate seeing lt. blue and dark blue on the tie! It's BRONZE and blue. Just thought you'd ought to know. :-)

arisuchan
05-28-2003, 07:36 PM
For my tie I painted over a pre exsisting tie. The edges got a little ickey but otherwise it looks nice. I'm thinking about going the ribbon way myself if i have time before the release of the next book.

Makoto
05-28-2003, 07:54 PM
Steam a Seam! I spent a long time looking for a Ravenclaw match amongst British regimental ties, and as far as I can tell one doesn't exist. ;_; There are instructions on the Main HP thread (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5394&highlight=Harry+Potter).

Bronze is the book color, but a nice-looking bronze is difficult to find in ANYTHING... while the movie color light silver-blue is readily available in both ties and ribbon. ^_^ So it's up to you.

I picked up my patch (along with the other houses) at http://www.scifipatch.com, their service was wonderful. Plus the Ravenclaw II patch is spiffy and detailed, which meant I didn't have to embroider, which was such a relief. XD Just an alternative to Ebay if you're in a hurry...

Maryssa
05-28-2003, 08:48 PM
haha that sounds cute in a weird way... i wont have mine at AX i dont think though =/ just for SDCC because I personally feel it's more appropriate there ^^;

Leloi
05-28-2003, 09:17 PM
Since a bunch of us will be at Fanime... we were thinking of going Marauding Friday night after the Swap Meet... perhaps we'll end up at a Borders and pick up the book at midnight... Mwahahaha...

Maryssa
05-28-2003, 09:49 PM
ooooh thank you for that link ^_^

Nikki
05-29-2003, 12:14 AM
Well, I don't feel like getting into the entire -- What does Harry Potter have to do with Anime? Why are you dressing up as so and so at an Anime specific gathering.

To put a fork i the subject. Cosplay is COSTUME play. Not Anime Play, or Game Play, or Manga Play. You are dressing up in a costume.

I've gone to sci-fi conventions and seen anime characters, hell I've seen Disney characters at Sci-fi conventions ( ones from The Nightmare Before Christmas to be exact ). And I've seen tons of FF characters roaming around Comic Conventions.

If they can do those costumes there, then the world can deal with a few HP freaks who want to dress up at Anime cons.

That's just my 0.02 though. =X

Garuda_Aiacos
05-29-2003, 01:00 AM
Well, the point is, most of the time, we have the Japanese Cons as our standard setter. Unlike u all in US, they don't (if I'm not mistaken) have any Sci-Fic cons to go to in their Harry Potter, Star Wars etc etc costumes so they go to normal anime/manga/comics cons.

And to the Japanese, like you mentioned, Cosplay is "Cosplay is COSTUME play. Not Anime Play, or Game Play, or Manga Play. You are dressing up in a costume". Although most people who are into Costuming (including me) are hesistated in calling our wearing the HP, SW, LOTR etc costumes as Cosplay, we still have to face the fact that it IS cosplay; just costuming with another name. Anyhow, it's easier to be identified that way currently. ;)

Frankly over here in Singapore, since last year's CosFest, the organizers of cosplay events here had openly welcomed non-anime/manga/games cosplayers to their events although in most cases, we are not allowed to compete.

Leloi
05-29-2003, 03:20 AM
And don't forget... Harry Potter is very BIG over in Japan. Even at their own conventions Japanese people dress up as Harry Potter characters. (And they spend an arm and a leg on pre-made HP costumes too... $500 for a professionally made student costume).

But when my friends and I get together and decide to do Harry Potter at an anime convention we think of the doujinshi. Have you seen even a small fraction of the HP doujinshi being churned out by Japan? A friend of mine came back from a con in Toukyou and had a HUGE stack of doujinshi that focused on HP characters.

And since our cons are called by the "anime" name, they still encompass all things anime/manga/doujinshi under the word anime. Just look at what they sell in the dealers room or who comes as guests... not only seiyuu or anime directors, but manga-ka. And look down artist's alley to see all the fanartists working away on commission. American anime conventions are more than a bunch of video rooms. They have manga... and there's a HUGE market in doujinshi.

I've helped put together a Harry Potter doujinshi (or fan comic... same thing, only written in english... But I sneak in some Japanese) for Fanime... and I own a LOTR doujinshi with Sam in Japanese saying, "Furodo-sama..." (not to mention LOTR doujin stationary)

The problem with making nice little piles of genre... is with the Japanese everything is mixed together. I've seen Star Wars manga (official, not doujinshi)... and Disney characters appear in the Japanese game, Kingdom Hearts. Everything appears in Doujinshi form. In my part of the HP doujinshi I referenced Kermit the Frog, Edward Scissorhands, Sadako of the Ring, Yoda, Jaken of Inuyasha, Happousai and Smeagol. Why? Because I'm like that. ^^v

Daala
05-29-2003, 08:03 AM
We made our own ties, you can do a lot with paint ^_^. I'm going dressed for the book release as well... woo hoo!

Maryssa
05-29-2003, 11:34 AM
All of you. Back on topic. We are not debating here. It's been done to death already. I stated my opinion and that is all (no telling anyone else what to and not to do). Again, I am reminded that people on this message board can take *anything* way too personally. Chill out, loosen up, mind your own business, as well as others' opinions. Kthxbye.

Leloi
05-29-2003, 12:34 PM
I think I've convinced the rest of Sakura Mochi that they should dress as HP characters on Friday at Fanime... so if you see a large group of us clumped together... that's probably my group. I'll be the one in green velvet robes over a black dress. (I need to finish the robe so I can take a picture to put up, hurray for digital cameras)

To Maryssa: Seeing Tom grin at me like that... He's so cute in that "little brother" sort of way. (well... I am 12 years older than he is) ^^v

It seems all we will have at Fanime is McGonagall, Draco, Harry, Hermione, a Weasley, Snape and Oliver Wood. Lucius and Lockhart can't make their costumes in time. I don't know what Cho Chang is up to.

Maryssa
05-29-2003, 01:06 PM
he is hotness. does a 6 year difference make me a total pedophile? LOL

BlueAsrai
05-29-2003, 07:11 PM
Thanks everyone I've got such excellent suggetions so far. Sends huggles to everyone. I'm going to try the ribbons and see what happens thanks again! I'll send pics later if it works out well.

Leloi
05-30-2003, 02:27 PM
I updated my gallery to include out of focus pictures of me in my McGonagall costume... When all else fails, use a full length mirror and a digital camera. I COULD wait for hubby to take pics, but I'm impatient.

Maryssa
05-30-2003, 07:38 PM
It looks really cool actually... plus you're the first I've seen!

Garuda_Aiacos
05-31-2003, 02:20 PM
Hmmm, anyone doing Moaning Myrtle, while she's dead or alive? :D

Garuda_Aiacos
05-31-2003, 03:05 PM
For more infos and serious HP Costumes discussion, drop by the MadameMalkins Mailing List (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MadameMalkins/) . ;)

Recently, someone recommanded another pattern for the School Robe.

For my costumes, I'm stenciling the double silver strips onto a green tie; pretty risky though. :( It's temporary anyway cause I'll probably get a more accurate one later.

Maryssa
06-01-2003, 01:06 PM
merging this thread with the existing HP thread.

duck
06-01-2003, 06:54 PM
I'm working on a Hufflepuff uniform...so far, I have a scarf(which I bought) and ...errr...fabric for the skirt and robe. I'm trying to find a decent vest that I can adapt.

Moogle Hiromi
06-04-2003, 10:57 AM
MARYSSA: I just love to see your posts because of your avatar! *teeheehee* Oh, and you do put in a good word also. :thumbsup:

I want cosplay as Moaning Myrtle [dead version] What house is she in? I could pull her off... I have glasses, usually have black hair... I am a whinger. Heh.

Or I might do a Slytherin Quiddich uniform. I get Slytherin in all those quizzes too. :drink: Yum!

Garuda_Aiacos
06-04-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Moogle Hiromi
I want cosplay as Moaning Myrtle [dead version] What house is she in? I could pull her off... I have glasses, usually have black hair... I am a whinger. Heh.

Myrtle was in Hufflepuffs.

Actually, if you look carefully at her uniform, what her house is will be of no concern as students back then wore a general school uniform (male, one kind, female another kind). What she wore underneath her robe is also totally different from what the current students are wearing; same case with Tom Riddle.

If you are doing the dead version, you will most likely need to do quite a lot of dyeing and weathering to get the look of her uniform. For her robe, I was recommanded "Tussah Silk that has been dyed" (blue I think!).

Since I'm nowhere near finding that fabric here (and I suck at weathering things), I choose to do her before she died. I can reuse her Robe for other type of students by just changing the patch later anyway! :D

Moogle Hiromi
06-04-2003, 11:57 AM
I thought that much.. I saw a portrait picture of her from the film and she had what i thought was a Hufflepuff tie on. I guess when the time comes I will see then! Thanks a bunch, sunshine! *grins*

Garuda_Aiacos
06-04-2003, 12:36 PM
Nope, she was wearing a tie that has 2 thin Grey strips and 1 thick Green strip.

Check out Tom Riddle's pictures for a clear picture of the tie (since he's wearing a V-Collar Vest so the tie is seen more than on Myrtle). ;)

Moogle Hiromi
06-05-2003, 10:27 AM
*goes over here*

I was way too overtired when i replied there. Thanks for your help!

Maryssa
06-05-2003, 01:01 PM
heheheh my avatar is droolicious ;D

ACtually I'd like to see someone be Myrtle in all black and white (face makeup and everything), it would add a neat touch.

Do you guys think it would be okay and still recognizable to do the movie-style uniform but with a vest and short sleeve shirt instead of all long sleeves? I've been pondering this idea since it's going to be pretty warm at comic con... I think it would look more flattering too, but I don't want people screaming that I did it wrong or something =/ (i'm going to be pansy ^^)

Moogle Hiromi
06-05-2003, 01:25 PM
Droolicious.... yep that says it~!

Well if you hide it in your robes it shouldn't be a problem at all! Plus not everyone knows all the details so very acurate as some!

I want to do a sort of ghostly looking Myrtle... kinda like your idea of black and white.... I think that would be fun. I was thinking of getting some crappy black fabric and doing some spot bleaching, and little wears in the fabric [if that makes sense] to make her look all shabby and such. What do you guys think? Plus i'd need to draw some pimples on my face.... one annoying thing... I have green square glasses! Oh well... I have greyish eyes... that kind works...

Ah.. it is 3 in the morning [like yesterday!] and I am all weird. I was looking up gross injuries and ugly people... ahh geez....

Mao Miyao ~ needs to go to bed... and have nice Tom Felton dreams..??

Pendrell
06-07-2003, 02:31 PM
Yep, Maryssa, I actually think the vest/short sleeve shirt uniform would look cuter as well. :P I speak from eight years of uniform-wearin' experience. If I had my way, I'd have worn the longsleeve sweater all year round (because ours was extra-cute), but facing facts, when it's hot you definitely want your arms free. ^^; And it would still be recognizeable as the Hogwarts uniform, of course. *nodnod* Go for it. PANSY!! XD I applaude your eclectic taste in characters.

Leloi
06-07-2003, 05:51 PM
I am so not looking forward to wearing full McGonagall robes. The fabric I used is heavy... and velvet doesn't breathe. What did I get myself into?

Anyway I watched Chamber of Secrets again and added decoration to my wand... now to add a wand pouch in my robes. Fanime is notorious for confiscating weapons. It's pointy... it's a weapon. ><;; But it will stay in my robe unless someone challenges me to a duel.

I have to scan in my brooch and wand so you guys can see...

Moogle Hiromi
06-08-2003, 08:17 PM
Leloi: I can't wait to see your costume! We have pretty lenient rules here where I go! I had a metal weapon, and well no trouble there! ^^

I had the most horrible school uniforms! Well, I did go to public schools, and I live in a hole.... hehehe!

peihui
06-21-2003, 11:06 AM
anione know how to make the robes ?? I got no idea @ all

Scortia
06-21-2003, 11:11 AM
Get a good medieval or fantasy robe pattern and go at it! ^.^

Garuda_Aiacos
06-21-2003, 11:30 AM
So how did everyone's day today?

I couldn't finish Myrtle in time (that %^#%^# no. of pleats and the cost of the fabric for the skirt problem) so I came as a Generic Professor using my Neo Reloaded Coat, White Shirt and a Robe (that looks like it belong to a Dementor instead cause it was so baggy . . .wait I meant to come as a Dementor in the 1st place! :p ). We also had 2 Snapes, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco, Lavender Brown, Ravenclaw girl, Slytherin Girls and some muggles. :D Had lots of fun attacking Kino & Borders and thankfully, the people working there even supported us.

Will try to upload some photos as soon as I developed and scan them. The innocent ones that is. ;)

peihui
06-21-2003, 07:17 PM
erm...where to get the pattern ??

AshleyV
06-21-2003, 09:17 PM
I made a Hufflepuff uniform! I'm going to end up redoing it cause the sweater isn't accurate but it turned out better than I expected espically since I did it in less than 30 minutes.

Garuda_Aiacos
06-22-2003, 09:37 AM
Peihui, why not ASK the local cosplayers for a direct answer and help. :rolleyes: There are a LOT of HP Cosplayers in Singapore currently with at least 1 of them using Commercial Patterns to make her Robe.

Walmarts and Joanns don't exist in Singapore okay and neither can u get the materials from there. :rolleyes:

Or u just feel too guilty to ask them cause of what happened between u and them. :rolleyes:

!*Jessi-Chan*!
06-25-2003, 01:21 AM
Anybody looking 4 GREAT standard Hogwarts uniform sweaters? I'd go to www.wizarduniforms.com! All they have right now is the sweaters, but i've heard good things about them and i plan on ordering mine! I plan on watching this site 4 more great wizard attire!

Leloi
06-25-2003, 02:40 AM
I uploaded a bunch of Harry Potter cosplay pictures to my picture gallery. The pics were taken Friday night. (6/20/03)

Cosplayers from Sakura Mochi:
Me - McGonagall
Dai-chan - Snape
Kagome - Hermione
Gina - Draco

The Harry and Ron we found and dragged into the pictures.

Why did we wear it at an "anime" con?

1. Gina, Dai-chan, Kagome and I were planning on releasing a Harry Potter doujinshi at the particular con. The doujinshi has been delayed to AX or Yaoicon, depending on when everyone in the circle finishes their pages.

2. The Japanese cosplayers wear Harry Potter to their own cons... then again their cons encompass Manga, Anime AND Doujinshi... and doujinshi is made from any popular series... no matter book, manga, movie, video-game, etc.

3. The book was being released that night. (I wore my costume to the bookstore to pick up my own copy of the book)

4. "Anime" is used as such a general term in America. Anime conventions have more than just video rooms... they have all things Japanese.

5. We liked the challenge of making the costumes.

It's the same reason I made a Frodo costume... not just because "Return of the King" and "The Hobbit" (along with "the Last Unicorn) were animated in Japan, but because LOTR Japanese doujinshi exist (I happen to own one featuring Frodo and Sam).

Garuda_Aiacos
06-25-2003, 03:01 PM
Leloi, it looks great! :) Looks like u had a great time. I especially like the "Draco Lovin" photos (hehehhee, now Draco's little secret is out!).

Well personally these days, unless the organizer specified that the event is strictly Japanese Cosplay related, I encourage (and some times myself) Movie related costumes/cosplays. We HP, SW, LOTR, The Matrix etc cosplayers has very little events to go to in our movies related costumes (for SW, it used to be once in 3 years!) so these cosplay events are the only ones we can go to. Anyhow, most people kinda welcome it and some of the organizers even allow us to enter certain minor categories of the Costume Contest.

Nachoman
06-25-2003, 07:36 PM
Isn't anyone doing but Hogwarts alumni and staff?
I'm actually thinking on doing a resurrected Voldemort for next year's Toronto Trek (and Anime North if its ready on time).

Maryssa
06-25-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Leloi

It's the same reason I made a Frodo costume... not just because "Return of the King" and "The Hobbit" (along with "the Last Unicorn) were animated in Japan, but because LOTR Japanese doujinshi exist (I happen to own one featuring Frodo and Sam).
Being animated in japan doesnt really make something related to anime at all. Most animated features are sent overseas for in-betweening. Neither of those animated features are anime. They were animated with the english language in mind. As said in another forum on the board, having a doujinshi also does not put it into the category of japanese culture.

ANYWAY. BACK ON TOPIC, THERE IS DEBATE ABOUT THIS IN ANOTHER THREAD, SO GO FIND IT.

Leloi
06-25-2003, 10:50 PM
Ahh... Lady Almalthea always looked like an anime character to me... like that girl from Robotech... but, oh well.

Are you saying that this Harry Potter thread shouldn't exist at all because it's purely British/English? Someone should inform the Japanese Harry Potter cosplayers that their source is not Japanese. I've seen a lot of them in pictures... and they buy their costumes from an cosplay retailer. (As I recall, our Hermione got hers from a Japanese cosplay company) Someone should STOP them. "That's not anime or manga so CUT IT OUT! You're setting a bad example to the American Cosplayers."

The Japanese are wonderful at adaptation. They take something the like and make it their own... as in the sense of Harry Potter cosplay. There are certain Japanese twists made to the fandom you'll find in their claiming the Harry Potter fandom as their own.

Maryssa
06-25-2003, 11:06 PM
Actually that's not what i said at all. I said there was discussion about this in another thread. This thread is to talk about the costumes, not argue where they are appropriate for the last time.

Leloi
06-26-2003, 03:12 AM
Well... the costumes Sakura Mochi had (Hermione, Draco, Snape and McGonagall) were a HUGE success. People snapped pictures of us Friday night. I don't think we ever actually made it out of the lobby of the hotel because people kept wanting us to pose for them. Then we started playing... and people took MORE pictures as we pretended to duel and put together slash pairings.

Mind you the costumes are HOT!!! Hermione and Draco were complaining, but Snape and McGonagall had real reason to complain with all their heavy fabrics in hot, June weather. I don't know HOW the Japanese cosplayers can stand wearing them in Tokyo... of course that con was late winter, early spring. (and they look SO cute ^^v)

Mind you, people asked "Why Harry Potter?" to which our answer was, "Why not? It comes out tonight, you know... We want to scare the Potterheads." Besides, most were too impressed with the craftmanship to comment negatively. AND if our doujinshi was done (drawn manga style and right to left because we're funny like that... and I added Jaken (Inuyasha), Happousai (Ranma 1/2), Yoda, Gollum and Kermit the Frog cameos... and another in my circle made it a "Rose Bride" based story with Draco as Utena in which he has to duel to rescue Harry) we could have had SOME publicity to sell copies... But the circle is slow in churning out finished pages so we have to wait until Yaoicon.

Our cosplay was a nice success.

Costume notes for those that want to but haven't made them yet:

1. They are meant to be worn in Northern UK... and it's COLD there even in midsummer (at least in the Highlands... Edinburgh was actually rather nice... a bit on the cool side, but nice. Inverness was COLD!), thus the heavy fabrics. You might want to make them out of breathable fabrics depending on where you live. (Velvet and wool is HOT!)

2. It's a good cosplay to do in a group. A mix of teachers and students is nice because it gives variety in what sort of poses you can do... or how you can play off of each other.

My cosplay group was split into Slytherin and Gryffindor by a sorting hat and we play it to the HILT. We DO have a Ravenclaw... Cho Chang, but she hasn't made her costume yet. (We also have an Oliver Wood, Lucius Malfoy and Lockhart... all of whom have yet to make their costumes)

We plan on wearing them again when we see the movie... or gather the group again. (and we have an odd habit of calling each other by our HP character names... even in mundane life) Large cast cosplay is hard to do. Five or six member casts... no problem. But try finding a popular series that has room for 11 people without getting into "extras." Harry Potter is one of them. No one really had to fight for a character. There was plenty to go around and chances were you got your first choice. It fits well with our "group of friends who want to dress up in detailed costumes together and make a nuisance of ourselves because we're jaded with the fandom and we CAN" dynamic.

And we help each other out. I made the skirt for Hermione because she couldn't find the right color fabric and she had too much else to sew. The skirt is made of a heavy cotton I found. She wanted wool, but I was happy just to find a heavy fabric in that COLOR. Besides wool is HOT.

And discussion on the other thread was closed.

Garuda_Aiacos
06-26-2003, 03:44 AM
Well, no different here in Singapore! ;) It been HOT HOT HOT this past month and it was a miracle that the weather took for a better this 2 weeks (it been raining almost everyday). Most of the "students" in my group were whining about the heat and they were wearing a thin kind of sweater (we gotten for SGD9.90 :p ). No different for me cause my Neo Coat is pretty thick but I'm used to the heat. Anyhow, the fun everyone had kinda warms the heart. :)

While on wool, I don't think I gonna stop whining about what to use for my Myrtle's Uniform. Found a nice cotton-wool-?? fabric that got the texture I want but the cheapest I got was SGD9.50. The other bad thing is that it's a bit thin IMHO, like Cotton-Poly (Ya, I know that is what is used for most Pinafolds here anyway). Went to another place and found the "One" fabric made from wool but cost SGD12. Hai . . . if it's 1-2 metres, guess I can afford it but I need around 4m so in a bad dilema. And I need to have the 10 pleats done correctly so the weight and composite of the fabric must be correct or I won't get my pleats. Of course, there is also the problem of finding the shirt locally.

Been pushing the project to another time for too long all because of her Uniform & Tie. Fine, I can do what others did here and just wore the normal skirt, shirt and vest but the accuracy (and broke) freak in me say "Get it as accurate as possible and be done with it NOW!". U can say the only thing I'm willing to upgrade for this costume is the Tie and shoes (am currently using high heel shoes that looks like Mary Janes).

Okay, will stop whining now.

Venefica
07-08-2003, 04:17 PM
Does anyone know where I can get pictures of the back of the school and Quidditch robes? I've been looking everywhere. I really want to make both outfits, but I'm paranoid about getting them as accurate as possible. Thanks!:)

Garuda_Aiacos
07-09-2003, 12:29 AM
Your best bet is to watch the movie again. ;)

evaneko
07-10-2003, 07:47 AM
Just a question- for those who have made the costume- where did you get the sweater? I have been scouring the internet but the only ones I can find are in men's sizes- which isn't an option as the sleeves and the body would be waaaayyyy too long (it's happened before) Where did you find yours? Someone suggested wizarduniforms.com earlier in the thread- and they would be perfect but payment is paypal only and my paypal accound is dead >< it doesn't work anymore. There are some on e-bay but they're all around 60 dollars when you add in shipping >< that just seems like too much.

Garuda_Aiacos
07-10-2003, 09:09 AM
Many just scout through their local shops for a V-Neck, Long Sleeves Sweater. Others look through online for a plain one. Some get someone to knit it for them.

The Color around the collars and bottom of the sweater are either painted, embroideried or sewed using ribbons or bias tapes or pipings.

evaneko
07-10-2003, 09:18 AM
>< the thing is sweaters aren't in season right now so no one's selling them.

for the collar i plan to just sort of embroider nice yarn over the collar, bottom and cuffs.

Garuda_Aiacos
07-10-2003, 01:36 PM
Then use Long Sleeves, V-Neck T-shirt. That's what all the HP Cosplayers here are using cause we have a hot weather here all day round.

Or u can have a look at 2nd Clothing stores, that is what is usually recommanded.

evaneko
07-10-2003, 07:47 PM
thanks for the help!

Luna Selene
07-11-2003, 01:33 AM
Erm...sorry if this is a little late...but if anyone needs ties, EBay is a really helpful resource if you want a really nice looking one. Just search under 'Harry Potter tie' and you usually get some nice results. I've bought mine off a seller there that had the Unicol brand, and it went great with my Gryffindor uniform. To my knowledge, though, they have a Slytherin tie up for bids as well.

Just thought I'd mention it ^^;

Garuda_Aiacos
07-11-2003, 01:42 AM
But it's always very expansive. :(

Wish I can get at least 10 people here to group order the color scheme & design of our choices from UK.

Luna Selene
07-11-2003, 01:54 AM
I think I bought mine for around 10-15 dollars on one auction...bid around the last minute or so. But I guess that was just one auction. Oh well..I just think it's easier then trying to get ribbons together or actually trying to find material. But each to their own ^-^

ai no hoshi
07-20-2003, 06:49 PM
*note*

the neck line and the bottom of the sweater have the color lines, but the sleeve cuffs are folded. you may want to put the lines on the cuffs, but if it's correct, you won't see them anyway.
http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Film/Pix/gallery/2002/10/23/hermione3.jpg

Scortia
08-08-2003, 07:10 PM
*does a little dance* I'm so happy... after much searching, I found some great material for my Remus cloak... total I spent like $35 for it all *cries* so that I can make a cloak that looks "worn and old". ^^;; It really upsets me because I found fabric that would have been even more appropriate that I could have tea stained for only $1 a yard on clearance, but there weren't enough yards. ;_; Anyway, I bought various shades of brown to make unique patches out of. I'm so happy, this is sort of my "original" cosplay project of the year. ^^

Garuda_Aiacos
10-27-2003, 02:46 AM
Anyone doing the new school uniform as to be seen in PoA? I think I'll as soon as I'm done with my Myrtle next year, as more clear photos get released.

Heeheee, now I'm not sure wherther to be Myrtle or a Slytherin PoA Student next June! :D

Oh! I finally found a cheaper fabric for my Myrtle's Pinafold. It'll be done by the end of this year so now only left for me to complete the School Robe myself (Darn! LOTR Costuming is putting everything else on hibernation :p )

Nikki
10-27-2003, 03:36 PM
New school uniform?

Ugh, are you talking about the picture that shows everyone without their sweaters on?

Basically, I can't see anything NEW about the uniforms. They're the same, only the students aren't wearing the sweaters. Not really a big difference, I've worn my uniform without the sweater countless times. Honestly, if you have the cloak on and clasp it shut you can't really notice if you're wearing the sweater or not.

At least with mine.

JediKnight1138
10-27-2003, 10:02 PM
Hello everyone!
If I were to make a dementors costume, how do you think the hood and sleeves should be? I thought up this really cool idea but don't know if/how it could work...
Should the hood and sleeves fall to the ground? The sleeves would look really cool dragging and if the hood was long it would kinda be like how the dementors "lift up" their hoods. But it would be incredibly hard and heavy to wear, not to mention hot. I could have it so that the hood and sleeves button/zipper on... What do you think?
I've got a lot of time to make this (and a lot of time to learn how to sew ;) ) . I want to have it ready for the next HP con and I don't want it to look like any other Death outfit. I think I should base it off Nazgul, with of course, obvious differences. What do you think?

Garuda_Aiacos
10-28-2003, 08:58 AM
New school uniform?

Ugh, are you talking about the picture that shows everyone without their sweaters on?

No and Yes.

There is 1 picture from the shooting in Scotland that show the trio in their new school robes (Posted at one of the main HP Fansites). The robes collar is different (some said it looks like the robe this time DO have hood) and there is Maroon Lining for the robes. Another photo of the Slytherin Trio (I saw it off someone's photo album) shows Green Lining for the School Robes.

As for the photo of some of them without the sweater, it clearly show (if you squint) how different the school tie is like now.

Hello everyone!
If I were to make a dementors costume, how do you think the hood and sleeves should be? I thought up this really cool idea but don't know if/how it could work.........I want to have it ready for the next HP con and I don't want it to look like any other Death outfit. I think I should base it off Nazgul, with of course, obvious differences. What do you think?

IMHO, think Ringwraith minus the armor, multiple layers (give the Dementor max of 2 layers), shaped hood and shawl/hood drape. For the face, think the ugliest Twillight Ringwraith but instead of a mouth, a sucker. Hands, something that is whitish, dead-like and maybe rotting (think there are latex halloween glove for this?).

Ps: Those pictures that are said to be Dementors ARE doctored picture of the Ringwraiths. The author just reshuffled the ringwraiths' position, add faces and hands to the body and change the background. ;)

Nikki
10-31-2003, 01:12 AM
Found a nice close up picture of the new stuff mentioned in the uniforms. Hadn't noticed it before honestly ... and I'm not really diggging the new look. I liked the sole black robes without the colored inlay.

Anyway here it is: http://www.radnetcafe.com/new_drgalleries/albums/scans/tvdirekt5.jpg

flowers_of_evil
10-31-2003, 01:53 AM
Isn't anyone doing but Hogwarts alumni and staff?
I'm actually thinking on doing a resurrected Voldemort for next year's Toronto Trek (and Anime North if its ready on time).

i did a quirrel outfit XD as well as blaise zanbini

yukitoLeonheart
10-31-2003, 03:59 AM
did you guys know that Moaning Myrtle is 37? Talk about an amazing actress!!!!

flowers_of_evil
10-31-2003, 04:04 AM
did you guys know that Moaning Myrtle is 37? Talk about an amazing actress!!!!

i think i recall her being in "bridget jones's diary" too

yukitoLeonheart
10-31-2003, 04:27 AM
That's right she was!

Garuda_Aiacos
10-31-2003, 10:38 AM
I saw her actual age when I visited her page on Yahoo a few weeks ago. Didn't know she is THAT old before, tho' I had heard since CoS came out that she's a lot older than what she's meant to be (think Myrtle is suppose to be around 11-16 when she died?). Well, the real Myrtle will be Age-She-Died plus 61 years old anyway. :p

Leloi
10-31-2003, 11:24 AM
Some people just age well. Take me for example. I look to be in my early twenties... and yet I'm 28. I knew a girl who looked to be my age... and she was actually in her forties.

I like the new uniforms. I wonder how long they had the old style uniform before they switch to the new ones. Every few years a new uniform appears? It's good to know that between movies the styles change as in real life. Although it's kindof tough on a cosplayer... as I discovered making McGonagall. She doesn't wear the exact same thing from one movie to the next... her robe is just a little different... enough to frustrate me. ^^v

baku_neko
11-04-2003, 01:10 AM
Yeah, I age really well. I'm 18, but I've been told that I look 12-13 years old. Kinda sucks right now, but it does have it perks I suppose.

Shinobi
11-07-2003, 06:16 PM
Why the hell they had to go change the uniforms? GRrrrrr.... Well I don't give a funk - I'm gonna cosplay wearing the old stuff. At least peeps will recognize me as a HP cosplayer. Maybe I should do Lee Jordan (the quidditch announcer) :D

Oh, and for anyone who needs an archve of Harry Potter Quidditch pics, visit http://media.hpana.com/browse.cfm?subject=Quidditch

They have other pic categories as well. Just be sure to save anything you like to your hard drive quickly, because most of the links are located on other sites, and disappear pretty fast. ;)

Zeruda
11-09-2003, 07:08 PM
Oh wow.. I just now found this thread ^_^;;

I've always wanted to cosplay Cedric [I'm a 'puff girl ;)] but I usually end up doing Harry Potter, because I look a lot like him, apparently o_o;

I like the new uniforms ^_^, altho- I wonder why they changed..

Ooh, and - Lee Jordan Rules XD

Garuda_Aiacos
11-10-2003, 12:15 AM
Because they changes the director I think.

Zelyre
11-12-2003, 10:49 PM
'Allo. First time here. Anywho...

I just got done watching the trailer. Looks like there's a choir composed mostly of Ravenclaws and Gryffindors. Yay! :)

The uniforms are different. There's a lining on the inside. Gryf is maroon, Slytherin is forest green, Ravenclaw is navy blue, and I didn't see any Hufflepuffs. The ties are different. Instead of having large stripes, they look more... grown up, I guess. Joy, now I have to update the uniform I just made for halloween. :(

Oh well. Here's a quick screen cap of the choir. Go choir :) And my Ravenclaw costume... which I'll have to line now... >:(

Daala
11-13-2003, 07:50 AM
Yeah, I saw the trailer last night. Which means I gotta make a liner for my robe...*sigh* I saw it coming tho. BTW Zelyre nice cosplay!

yukitoLeonheart
11-13-2003, 11:57 AM
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! I didn't know people were talking about the trailer. I saw it too, I Was like AHHHHHHH SO EXCITED. AHHHHHH SEEING ANYTHING HP MAKES ME FREAK OUT!!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOSH THEY EVEN SHOWED THE PART ABOUT WHEN Neville (I thought it was him) was facing his fear and it was snape and he put the womans outfit on him! AHHHHHH I am so happy!!!!!! I AM TOTALLY JUMPING UP AND DOWN!!!!!!!!! HP MOVIES MAKE ME SO HAPPY!!!!!!!! IT IS MY ULTIMATE DRUG!!!!!! AH OK LATER!

OK I took pictures and my Avatar has changed!

AH another edit

look at this, they have a mic in the trailer

http://www.mugglenet.com/trailermistake.shtml

I love how theey are making the movies look darker as the series does, too. How they open with the ominous black smoke, I am so excited.

Garuda_Aiacos
11-14-2003, 06:21 AM
and I didn't see any Hufflepuffs.

From the screencap of the choir, looks like Mustard/Dirty/Dark Yellow.

The ties are different. Instead of having large stripes, they look more... grown up, I guess. Joy, now I have to update the uniform I just made for halloween.

4 Strips and jolly good time many will have when have to paint the thinner ones. :waaaah:

Anyhow, the adding of Colored Linings to the School Robe and the change in Tie isn't the only changes made in PoA. From the pictures of the Slytherin Trio, there are no pipings on the collar of the sweater but there are now pipings on the cuffs of the sweater (there wasn't any on the SS or CoS ones).

There could also now be Hood (unknow shape) on the School Robes; think I glimpse it on some Gryffindor students sitting at the table as the the screen moves towards the choir.

The color of the Shirt and pants/skirts could had also been change. Aiyah! Like this, to be PoA accurate, got to change 90% of the uniform. :waaaah:

Daala
11-14-2003, 07:23 AM
look at this, they have a mic in the trailer

http://www.mugglenet.com/trailermistake.shtml

I love how theey are making the movies look darker as the series does, too. How they open with the ominous black smoke, I am so excited.

LOL!!! that's too funny!

I didn't see the change in the sweaters, also it's a good thing all our group had hoods on our robes. But didn't they have hood in the last 2 movies?

Scortia
11-14-2003, 10:01 AM
Even though I've seen this trailer, I ain't changing my Remus Lupin costume. ;p In my little world, he has shoulder length hair and no moustache.. as well as in the books... so *blows a raspberry* biiii to the movie design ;p

yukitoLeonheart
11-14-2003, 01:55 PM
I saw keep our costumes, making a costume on a book is OUR design. It's what WE thought the character was, not what a movie does. Personally, I thought Sirius Black would look so different, when I saw mangas with him, his hair was long and black, and that realy was how I imaginged him except with a long beard, too.

Lupin I imagined as having more of an air of a fatherly figure around him, and I thought his looks would reflect it a little.

Luna Selene
11-14-2003, 02:26 PM
Argh. Since so many of my friends suggested that I do the new robes...it looks as if I'm rather committed. But my question is, has anyone else figured out ALL the changes to the new costume?

I can't tell if they've all switched to cardigan sweaters. It's obvious in the trailer that Harry has, but since I'm doing Hermione's uniform, I can't tell if the female equivalent is a cardigan as well.

Also, I'm pretty sure the skirt/sweater/stockings are either a really dark gray or black. If you look at the scene with Hagrid, you see various students running about behind him. None of them (however, it's hard to tell if they're all male or female or what) seem to have bare legs showing, and the pants/skirts/stockings seem to look all black.

Too many changes here x.x; it's not as if it's impossible to make...but it's irritating to try to figure out the costume with only a few screenshots. Oh well. Not like I can screw up the tie, robe, or the trim at the bottom of the sweater. That's pretty much the only things that have clear enough pictures.

anyone else frusturated with this? ^^;

Kail Ceannai
11-14-2003, 11:34 PM
I can't get a decent screenshot as I'm at school momentaryily . . . but at 43s (of 1:29), behind Lupin there appears to be a student wearing the old sweater.

Luna Selene
11-14-2003, 11:38 PM
I don't know...see the thing is...it could almost be a cardigan, since most women's/girls V-neck cardigans that I've seen come up closer to the neck then boys do. That, and I can't see any of the neck trim, which leads me to believe it's like the one Harry wears at 1:06 or so, just for a girl or something. But Seamus (I think) in the scene with Neville and Lupin seems to have the lower neckline, seemingly cardigan sweater.

This is proof that I've spent too much time looking at screencaps.

Garuda_Aiacos
11-15-2003, 04:40 PM
But didn't they have hood in the last 2 movies?

Not at all.

It was an Oval Collar; you can obviously see it when Harry was held upside down by the Troll in SS and on Myrtle when the back is to the screen in CoS. There are a lot more scenes but I can't remember it.

What's a cardigan? Someone at the HP Costuming Mailing List mentioned it too as being worn by the students.

Luna Selene
11-15-2003, 06:29 PM
A cardigan is a sweater that buttons down the front. It usually comes in crew (more of an oval collar) and a V-neck style. An example can be found here: http://www.choiceuniforms.com/cgi-bin/display_item.cgi?item=RPVCSW

I'm pretty much lead to believe it's a V-neck cardigan due to how far the neckline falls on the male student in the background during Neville's scene (it might be the same style for the girl too, since sometimes the V's can come up further to the girl's neck), and in Harry's scene at 1:06 where the sweater is clearly undone in the front since you can see the whole tie off to the side.

I hate working off so little images -_-;;

Garuda_Aiacos
11-16-2003, 07:29 AM
Ooooooooooooo! Thanks for the Infos. :)

I think I can hear many of the Singapore Harry Potter Cosplayers screaming if they finds out it's now a cardigan and they are doing the PoA Uniforms. :eeek: It's already a pain to find a Grey V-Collar, Long Sleeves T-Shirt, let along a Grey Sweater, and now a Cardigan. :eeek:

I'll have to begin my hunt now for a Cardigan since the basic uniform (minus the robe) of my Myrtle had now been taken care off (should be ready by end Dec).

Hmm, still need to get my Patch from a friend who did the most accurate one around (Grrrrrrrrhhh!!!! Can't she answer my e-mail about shipping rates? :waaaah: )

Oh! About the Hood, anyone got any idea wherther it's the Round/Curve type or a Triangle aka Fellowshop Cloak or Square?

lainey
11-16-2003, 09:26 PM
does anyone know if there are pics of Cho?

Luna Selene
11-17-2003, 10:00 PM
I don't remember if Cho was even cast for Prisoner of Azkaban...I know there have been rumors as to who's playing her part..but I don't think there's an official casting of her. Try looking at http://www.mugglenet.com ? Usually they have some screencaps as well as lots of updated information.

Hope that helps?

Oh, and hood-wise, I think in maybe one of the interviews (EXTRA or the E! ones) they had a shot of a student from the back, showing the hood. I don't remember what it was, but if you look for screencaps (mugglenet or leakycauldron would probably have links to these), you might be able to find what they look like.

Garuda_Aiacos
11-18-2003, 08:59 AM
I found pictures of "Ron" & "Harry" with Hood on but seeing the gap behind their necks and the subtitle, realized that they must be wearing one of those Detechable Raincoat Hood instead.

Recently, relooking at the back of some of the students in the teaser trailer seems to point out to me a new collar shape rather than a hood. Wish the trailer comes in bigger size and clearer view. :(

Will look for the scans of that shot of the students from the back.

Paolo_Rafael
11-21-2003, 05:18 AM
I did a HP costume, too, Remus Lupin in school uniform, but it was "fan-art" based, and not much people recognized me ^__^;;;
Anyway, I miss some pieces (for example the sweater is wrong, or at least, the color was right, but the trim are grey and not red-yellow), because I didn't think to wear it, but I already was at the con and I realized forgot at home the belt of my anakin costume, so... I used what I had there (the ears were from a Tokimeki Tonight shela costume, the scarf and the coat of my girlfriend HP costume...) the sweater, the throusers and the tie.. I was simply lucky I had them as normal outfit ._.;;
Anyway, I had alot of fun, even more of the people thinked I was "Hermione in CoS with at's ears, and with throusers and no skirt" (!!!!!).
Remus rulez :)

I hope I write everything correctly ^^;

Cherry
11-23-2003, 05:56 PM
<- Please see icon.

Lol. Need I say more?

Hanyaan
11-25-2003, 09:04 PM
I just got on the net after taking a break from knitting a scarf. XD I figure that by the time I'm finished knitting a Ravenclaw scarf, I'll be good enough to make my own sweater. Bwahahaha.

I'm a majorly old-school Harry Potter fan (the kind who read the first book before it came out in America), as well as the devoted collector kind who has autographed first editions and a storyboard from the Sorcerer's Stone movie...so yeah, I can't believe that I'm only just getting around to making an updated version of my old Harry Potter costume made sometime before Prisoner of Azkaban (the book) came out. (VERY different from the movies, let's just put it that way. It's more like McGonagall's movie costume than a student's movie costume.)

Shinobi
11-27-2003, 10:44 AM
The song in the trailer is fricking AWESOME :O they took that verse from Shakespeare's MacBeth and remixed the hell outta it. I can't wait to get the soundtrack!!! XD

I'm seeing everyone freak out about little details of the costume. You shouldn't. :P I'm all for being as authentic looking as possible, but for a movie costumes like these, that's near impossible with all the subtle differences they made.

And I can't seem to remember the school uniform changing at all in the book...

Artema
11-28-2003, 12:19 PM
Right now I'm at a crossroads with my costume. I can go either PoA movie-style robes or CoS style robes, since I both have a grey skirt and a black skirt, and matching kneesocks for both.

It'll all come down to which color sweater I can find first, although I do think the grey is prettier than the black.

Zelyre
12-17-2003, 11:35 PM
Right now I'm at a crossroads with my costume. I can go either PoA movie-style robes or CoS style robes, since I both have a grey skirt and a black skirt, and matching kneesocks for both.

It'll all come down to which color sweater I can find first, although I do think the grey is prettier than the black.

IGN has some pictures from the PoA game which looks like it uses the PoA uniforms. The robes have a lining and the ties are different, but besides that, the uniforms are the same.

http://media.cube.ign.com/media/621/621188/img_1900602.html

Maryssa
12-18-2003, 01:04 AM
Hey thats really cool Hanyaan =) I'd love to see what it looked like!

SnivellusSnape
01-01-2004, 12:40 AM
I made a Gryffindor robe and tie. Robe turned out REALLY well, tie was kind od crappy, so I remade it for when Order of the Phoenix came out. I am planning on making a female Ravenclaw costume for PoA premiere, complete with the up to date tie and cardigan sweater and lined robe. I should really get started on that...Does anyone know where I could find a dark grey cardigan sweater like the have from the trailer?

JasonTD
01-15-2004, 04:53 PM
WOOOOOT! am i the only lunatic here that made hogwarts robes or what ^_~

Chico! You didn't tell me you made Potterness! Now you *have* to come to DragonCon this year. I'm going all-out on making a Snape costume, and a buncha others are making uniforms and whatnot.

Santaduck
03-16-2004, 04:01 PM
http://www.uyeyama.com/slytherinquidditch/slytherin.html

My Slytherin Quidditch Costume & some construction information here, complete with Nimbus 2001.

Arrow
03-16-2004, 04:14 PM
How in the world did I not find this sooner? HP fan over this way ... realllly big one. Hehe, Santaduck, that is an awesome costume. The nimbus is my particular favorite! (okay, well, maybe the scarf that you just had to wear on a chilly 85 degree day!).

I'd REALLY like to do a Trelawney; either an original design, or something inspired from the movie. Trelawney rocks my socks, she's so quirky. I'd go around with a tea cup telling everyone that they're doomed. >D

Santaduck
03-17-2004, 04:19 AM
How in the world did I not find this sooner?
cuz i just joined forums yesterday

I'd REALLY like to do a Trelawney; either an original design, or something inspired from the movie. Trelawney rocks my socks, she's so quirky. I'd go around with a tea cup telling everyone that they're doomed. >D

Good for you, doing something other than the school uniform black cloak + patch + tie shows a lot of individuality on your part-- You do Trelawny, and dress all your reluctant friends with easy school uniforms and drag them to the next premiere.

I haven't kept up lately are there pics of emma thompson in character?

It *is* the great dilemma, whether to be faithful to book or to film (a problem in LOTR cosplay), but in this case the movies are following so soon after the films with the author's input, so I would lean toward doing the film.

The teacup & acting really do the trick. It will be fun for you to write out a list of dire "how you will meet your doom" quips. I loved the acting b/c I had so many schoolkids (yes here in hawaii they bused entire classes out to see the COS premiere b/c they'd cut class anyways) interacting with me, and of course so many punka$$ boys had to ask me if my broom could fly. I told them "Sure, but I'm not allowed by my magickal laws to do so in your muggle world." Then I'd try to feed them some snot-flavored every-flavored beans.

We did a cosplay invasion of the local Borders bookstore too for the last bookrelease and positively took over their rather weak in-store promotional effort... sorting hat questionnaires, etc., and the proud kids who ended up as gryffindor, the dissapointed kid ravenclaws & hufflepuffs, and the few proud slytherins who fancied themselves bad girls.

The sorting hat quiz is here (http://www2.hawaii.edu/~rodenkir/harrypotter/sortinghat.html) but I don't have it set up to automatically spit out answers. PM me with your results and I'll tally it.

Sigh I'm really tempted to do a dementor on my stilts (very scary tall) and ghost hands, but to have your head covered under something for six to eight hours really suxx0rz. I'll stay green and free-faced.

CosplayerGabi
03-31-2004, 04:07 AM
For those of you in the southeast Costume Con 22 is quickly headed your way April 2nd in Georgia. There will be a Halloween at Hogwarts party friday night at 8 pm. I hear it's going to be spifftacular. Also costume con is a con not to be missed if you admire the costume process itself.

Also spotted what I thought Sirius would look like. Harry did say he had the look of a man who was once handsome. And he was handsome as a boy too....

http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/harrypotterPoA_030904_160.jpg

though he looks kinda piratey.... But this is much closer to what I thought... This man looks like he has a laugh like a bark.

Gab

Kail Ceannai
04-04-2004, 12:29 AM
Trelawney certainly doesn't look like I envisioned her in the book. I wish I were a better artist so I could get down my thoughts on her before they're overwritten by the movie =\

Has anyone been able to glean new insights into the new student costumes off of the new trailer? If the trailer is a good sample of the movie it doesn't seem like we'll be seeing the uniforms much at all . . .

Arrow
04-04-2004, 01:10 PM
I'm planning on reading over the parts in Prisoner of Azkaban when Trelawney's first introduced and everything, and gathering an idea about her. Then I figured I'd look at some movie screen shots to see if I see anything that looks good, too. I do have a really good idea of what I want to do with her, but I'm a little unsure as to how to pull it off ... so I'll just go browsing and come up with a design.

Hehe, I already found some glasses. Hehehe.

Rebel Devil
04-08-2004, 04:10 PM
does anyone know where I can find some slytherin girls uniforms?! lol me and my friends are getting ready for the premiere and I need to make my costume!

Zelyre
04-08-2004, 04:33 PM
Hm... *grumble* I'll need to add a lining to my robes... sadly, I don't know how to do it :( *sigh*

taryn
04-08-2004, 10:21 PM
Does anyone know where I can buy a cheap Harry Potter scarf? I am trying to my a Hermione costume for the June 4th showing of Harry Potter! Must find scarf!

Zelyre
04-09-2004, 02:12 PM
Does anyone know where I can buy a cheap Harry Potter scarf? I am trying to my a Hermione costume for the June 4th showing of Harry Potter! Must find scarf!

http://www.wizardknits.com/

Bought from em before. It does take a very long time to get them though as they're made when ordered. You should get em in time for the premier and they are starting to make the new style scarf in Gryf and Slytherin colors.

I must warn you though that the 7' length is very long...

taryn
04-09-2004, 04:35 PM
I know this is cheating but I found the perfect kit that includes almost everything you need. It includes the sweater, tie, scarf, wand and a house patch!

http://www.hpwizardstore.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=91100D

felicity869
04-13-2004, 03:10 PM
That's not cheating any more so than what I did: watched on ebay for cheap ties and scarfs for months and bought the actual outfit from the thrift store. I'm so lazy :)

Arrow
04-13-2004, 11:01 PM
Okay, wow .... that is one out-there Trelawney ... I was envisioning her with a bun sort of a thing ... but that hair is outrageous! LOL, I'm torn between complete fascination and horror at it. But I do know what I want to do for Trelawney: layers. Lots and lots of layers. I thought about making a robe (or an underdress), with a skirt of many uneven layers ... then perhaps some form of a robe or an over-thing, also kind of uneven so I can show the different layers. I also want to have a shawl ... a billion beaded necklaces and stuff .. lots of bangles, and funky rings of the moon and stuff. Big hoop earrings, I think ... and let's not forget those glasses!! I think perhaps I'll do my Trelawney hair as a messy bun underneath a kerchief that matches the shawl .... ... what do you guys think?

And I'll wear funky slippers. Perhaps I'll manipulate those ballerina-type slippers to look like an interestingly new-agey sort of funky shoe.

CosplayerGabi
04-20-2004, 01:53 AM
Rebel Devil do you want to make the old style uniform or the new ones? All the components of the new ones are not quite known yet.

The sweater: old and new
http://www.wizardknits.com/schoolsweater.html

Shirt:
Old: Any white dress shirt
New: Cream colored shirt (or white shirt dipped in tea)

skirt:try these two places in GOOGLE
Old: heather grey skirt
New: Dark grey skirt
FrankBee school wear
French Toast school wear

Tie:
New: www.wizardties.com
Old: Ebay always has ties. just put in "wizard tie"

Patch:
Patch Palace only 8-11 bucks

Robes:
Can you sew? Cause there are a few patterns out there. If you can't sew then there are hoards to buy online just put in "wizard robe" in GOOGLE
Take heed that old robes have no hood. New robes are lined in the darker house color and have hoods.

Optional Scarf: Best scarf seen so far....
Old and New:http://www.wizardknits.com/wizardscarf.html
also
Old: Atypically Knit and Alivans have them.

Socks/Tights:
New: Walmart for Black tights
Old: Frank Bee and French Toast for socks

Shoes:
Pay Less Shoe Store has cheap cute $11 Mary Janes.

Wand:
Wizard Shoppe and Alivans

I think that covers all I know about it. Also YahooGroups has a HP costuming list that is VERY helpful. It's called Madam Malkins

Gab

CosplayerGabi
04-20-2004, 02:09 AM
My computer burped when I posted so read below....

CosplayerGabi
04-20-2004, 02:18 AM
Hm... *grumble* I'll need to add a lining to my robes... sadly, I don't know how to do it :( *sigh*

Have you completed your robes yet? If not....
Buy the same amount of lining material as you did for the outer portion of your robe. Make the robe again using the same pattern with lining and insert it into the robe wrong sides facing each other. Attach the lining at the front opening, neck, and hood. Do not attach it to the bottom because you have to allow for stretch. If you attach it to the bottom the lining will sag from weight over time. Then hem the whole thing but the bottom. Hem the outer bottom seperately from the lining bottom.

If you have completed your robe but still have the pattern then it is still possible to make a lining using the tips above.

If you purchased your robe then it will be hard to make a lining.

Gab

vandonovan
04-21-2004, 12:37 AM
Hey all! I'm going to be cosplay Harry potter for the premiere of the third movie (which I will see in the general Anahiem area, most likely, at the midnight showing).

I'm getting together a 'new' uniform outfit, with the new robes and ties and things seen in the trailer. There are enough photos out there now that I think I can figure out what everything looks like except maybe the pants, and even then I know they're a dark grey.

Anyway, is anyone interested in trying to get together at the same theater as a Harry Potter cosplay group for the show? I'd love to be in a group! Otherwise I'll just be the weird 22 year old trying to pass for a 14 year old, hehehe.

Let me know! :D
Van

Zelyre
04-21-2004, 08:54 PM
Rebel Devil do you want to make the old style uniform or the new ones? All the components of the new ones are not quite known yet.

Gab

OMG... nice... there goes $160...
Bought 2 of the new ties (Actually, they're quite nice, I'd wear em to work :D and my gal is a Gryf and I'm a Ravenclaw... so we can wear em to the premier :D)

And since my GF doesn't have robes... I'll give her my old ones... I don't feel like handsewing robes again... so I just bought the new style ones...Yay, now I'm excited.

Zelyre
04-21-2004, 08:59 PM
Have you completed your robes yet? If not....
Buy the same amount of lining material as you did for the outer portion of your robe. Make the robe again using the same pattern with lining and insert it into the robe wrong sides facing each other. Attach the lining at the front opening, neck, and hood. Do not attach it to the bottom because you have to allow for stretch. If you attach it to the bottom the lining will sag from weight over time. Then hem the whole thing but the bottom. Hem the outer bottom seperately from the lining bottom.

If you have completed your robe but still have the pattern then it is still possible to make a lining using the tips above.

If you purchased your robe then it will be hard to make a lining.

Gab

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try it on my old robes w/ Gryffindor colors. If it works, great. If not... I'll just give up, remove it, and give it as is to the lady.

odango-mango
04-28-2004, 11:14 PM
i finally snapped some pics of my harry potter wig that i cut and styled (pics in my gallery) :)
I'm actually gonna list it on ebay with the glasses cause i don't think i'll be cosplaying this right away ^^

Cherry
04-30-2004, 05:01 PM
That is a very good wig, Odango. Where did you get it? It looks similar to my new one, but I wouldn't mind getting a new one either. How much are you going to sell it for?

Cherry
04-30-2004, 05:02 PM
By the way, very soon on Candyhearts.net is going to be completely done, and in my store section, I will be making custom scarfs. ^_^ Check my Harry Potter costume on the site to see what it'll look like!

odango-mango
04-30-2004, 05:55 PM
i have it listed right now for $14.99
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60188&item=3477950374

I have some final fantasy costumes i want to make first so I won't be doing any harry potter cosplay for awhile^^ But i'll be interested in getting a scarf someday heheh

Dany
05-01-2004, 01:47 AM
- Anthy Himemiya(Utena:The Movie)
- Seung Mina (Soul Calibur 2)
- Lucius Malfoy (Harry Potter)
- Meroko (Full Moon Wo Sagashite)

Another Lucius? Woo! I won't feel alone anymore! :bigtu:

True_Sanosuke
05-01-2004, 02:10 AM
Hey Odango long time no see. Im gonna be making up some scarfs and robes. Its gonna be good.

MemoriesofYuna
05-09-2004, 08:32 PM
*-* ohgodohgodohgod... Quittich robes.... I think I developed a fetish for them. X3 ::cackles::

Quittich robes are HOT! XD

Cherry
05-09-2004, 11:43 PM
Another Lucius? Woo! I won't feel alone anymore! :bigtu:

^_^ It's good. We'll be the only two.

Dany
05-10-2004, 12:02 AM
^_^ It's good. We'll be the only two.

Indeed, from the looks of things!

Reminds me, I have to get a good hat for Narcissa. I can't go loaning my friend's hat all the time...

Cherry
05-10-2004, 12:55 AM
What con are you coming to next? XD I wanna get a pic with you as Narcissa.

Dany
05-10-2004, 02:55 AM
What con are you coming to next? XD I wanna get a pic with you as Narcissa.

Hee.. why wait!

http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/details.asp?costumeid=49331

That's probably one of the better ones so far. If you look on the hat, the brooch on it is the same as the one I have on my neck when I'm dressed as Lucius. I think you can see it in the WonderCon pictures....

EurobeatKing took some of me at the Cherry Blosssom parade, but I didn't have the hat and my wig was acting very crackheaded by mid-day.

As for conventions? BayCon and San Diego Comic Con are the up-and-comers in the near future. I might make YaoiCon as well, but I'm not entirely sure yet. It kind of depends on a combination of finances, motivation, and whether Prince Lotor is done or not.

Next year I might be more into the anime cons. I have people I know that go to A-Kon, and it'd be a great chance to get together with them...

Shinobi
05-10-2004, 11:24 PM
I want to do a Harry Potter cosplay and I'm rushed for time, so I'm gonna order a jedi robe ( http://www.costumecraze.com/SW05.html ) dye it black and then just tuck the hood inside. But... if anyone knows anywhere that sells Harry Potter style robes (and has Express Shipping) I'd be ever so grateful. ;)

Zelyre
05-11-2004, 02:25 PM
I want to do a Harry Potter cosplay and I'm rushed for time, so I'm gonna order a jedi robe ( http://www.costumecraze.com/SW05.html ) dye it black and then just tuck the hood inside. But... if anyone knows anywhere that sells Harry Potter style robes (and has Express Shipping) I'd be ever so grateful. ;)

How much time we talkin' about? Allivan's sells robes. They're a lot more than those Jedi Robes though.

Otherwise, you could go to Wal-mart and pick up robe patterns there for cheap. Get some black cloth and piece it together. That's how I did my robes, although the size on my robes are kinda off. They're quite big on me in general... so even though I hemmed the sleeves and the bottom, they don't fit me very well.

I'm having someone else make my POA robes though... the lining in the POA just left me clueless and I just didn't have the time to make new robes this time around due to work and school.

dustbunny
05-18-2004, 06:21 AM
I'm working on a Ravenclaw outfit right now

lainey
06-05-2004, 03:37 PM
i made a "ghetto" HP cosplay for me and my friends....

we wore them to the movie premiere...

photoshoot pics are in my gallery if u'd like to see ^_^

Kairi G
06-05-2004, 04:52 PM
i was so excited, there were little kids in harry potter costumes at the movie premiere! they liked our costumes too, they were cute. Me Hailo and Yummy were gryffindor, slytherin, and ravenclaw for the movie, and we wore the outfits to school too. Ryoko-dono wore some slytherin gear for school too. Ryoko-dono got some nice pics of me and hailo in our robes, and hopefully we will get them soon! i love Harry Potter cosplay!!! so much fun!

lainey
06-05-2004, 09:04 PM
kairi i can't wait to see them!!

*hugs*

you're an awesome cosplayer *rawr*

CosplayerGabi
06-05-2004, 10:57 PM
I went to the premier in costume and as well as the next day in a line party. I have a couple funny stories from it.
I had to run back to validate my parking. As I was running through the stores two little boys pointed and said..."Mommy...It's the Harry Potter people!" They were totally excited.

Next as the line party , in costumes, sat down to dinner at a nice big long wooden table at a restaurant I suddenly said..."This is as close as we will ever get to eating in The Great Hall." And it really looked as if we were at school with all the food and costumes . What a fun night it was.

Gab

fujicake
06-06-2004, 01:20 AM
I went to University Citywalk as a Gryffindor student in the new POA uniform. See the pictures in my gallery.

Richii
06-06-2004, 01:34 AM
Sorry to go off the topic of POA (which was awesome) but I was wondering if anyone has ever cosplayed as Narcissa? I'm thinking (well not thinking I am) going to cosplay as her of off this fanart: http://img48.photobucket.com/albums/v146/Richii/malfoy.jpg and uh, I was just randomly wondering about it. haha I would love to see other Narcissas and some fun Lucius cosplayers to. Someone needs to cosplay that Lucius in the picture I tell you!

Kairi G
06-06-2004, 09:38 AM
kairi i can't wait to see them!!

*hugs*

you're an awesome cosplayer *rawr*
yay! thanks Lainey! i really hope thatwe get our pictures soon. i expect them to be quite cute! i really wish i had a camera when we went to the movie, cuz those little kids were so so cute, on was in student robes andthe other was in quidditch robes, and their mom had a fun hat too! yay for cosplaying familys! we were gonna have my mom go as McGonnagall but didnt have teh time to do the costume cuz of work and school stuffs. maybe sometime we will get that on done for her! and on the topic of Narcissa, i have seen it done, as well as a Lucius, but i dont remember who it was...... think its in this thread someplace.

Richii
06-06-2004, 08:58 PM
on the topic of Narcissa, i have seen it done, as well as a Lucius, but i dont remember who it was...... think its in this thread someplace.
Joy! I'll have to go looking for that!

Tess
06-07-2004, 03:18 AM
*squeak* A thread devoted to HP cosplay... I have found a home. ^_~ Unfortunately, I haven't the time to read through 15 pages, so I'll try to just slip in unnoticed. *hides behind the Whomping Willow*

I've done several different HP cossies... Hermione, an original Ravenclaw character, and Tonks. The latter, being an adorable typically-pink-haired metamorphmagus, being my absolute favourite.

[Being a good shot of my robe and a generally poo-ey picture of moi.] (http://www.thesnitch.net/forums/img/uploads/tess_tonksrobe1.jpg)

[Being a rather fuzzy headshot.] (http://www.thesnitch.net/forums/img/uploads/tess_tonksrobe5.jpg)

[Being the obligatory side-view.] (http://www.thesnitch.net/forums/img/uploads/tess_tonksrobes3.jpg)

[Being an incredibly blurry shot of the outfit I wore UNDER the robes. I went with the "Goth Tonks" look.] (http://www.thesnitch.net/forums/img/uploads/tess_tonks4.jpg)

I'll have to take some "in character" pictures of the costume sometime. I wore my Hermione costume to the PoA release on Friday and my brother went as Draco... It was utterly hysterical. I was driving to the cinemas and he refused to sit up front with me, as he wouldn't be near "that filthy mudblood." Hahahahahahahah. I love having a fellow HP dork for a brother. ^_^

So anyway, hello. *waves* Pleased to meet all of you. o^_^o

@-->--- Tess

Zelyre
06-07-2004, 08:17 PM
I was the only one at the theatre wearing the new uniform... I saw one or two other old school robes... and a few bath robes heh.

But for some strange reason... people kept screaming "SLYTHERIN! YEAAAH!" Everytime I walked by...

I need to find an event to wearin my Quidditch robes to...

Kairi G
06-08-2004, 07:54 PM
yay! Tonks! so exciting. i love it!
no one at our theater had the new robes, me and my friends just used our old ones from the first two movies ( well more based on descriptions from the books)

Olivia
06-09-2004, 01:05 AM
I'm rather new to this thread, but I just got back from the third movie, and I thought it was wonderful! I would very much like to cosplay as a student of one of them, thing is, I really wouldn't know what to do! :lost:

... Any suggestions? :thumbsup: :dance:

Richii
06-09-2004, 02:04 AM
I would very much like to cosplay as a student of one of them, thing is, I really wouldn't know what to do! :lost:

Uh as in you don't know which house to do? Most people have a favorite house or whatever so they tend to be a student from whatever house they like I guess...unless you're like specificly cosplay Harry/Ron/Hermione/Draco (My personal favorite! :love: )/ect. kind of thing. You could always take one of those quizes I guess if you dont know what house you would be from or dont care or whatever.
A Hogwarts student costume is pretty easy to do! Theres loads of sites that have a lot of awesome stuff you can buy to add to you costume to! (like scarfs, hats, patches and sometimes even robes.) Alivans.com is a good place!
Also on the Harrypotter.com site they have some really cool leather bags you could get to add to the costume...the only down side is they are pretty pricey and sold out at the moment...hum.

Well I hope that helped a little! good luck with cosplaying from Harry Potter!

Hotaru Tomoe
06-09-2004, 02:24 AM
I badly wanted to wear a black robe or something to PoA but I didn't have the time to make one. ;_;
I was wearing total black clothing though and got some stares.. what's sad is I always dress like that though.

It's too bad though I finally finished my wand after the movie. heh
I have a pic of it up in my gallery if anyone's curious.

Tess
06-09-2004, 02:36 AM
Thank you Kairi. *squee* The wig is fun. Too bad I'm not British, or I'd audition... Wai.

Yus, Olivia, first you'd need to decide which Hogwarts House you'd like to costume as... Goodwill and thrift stores work wonders for piecing together the basics of a HP cossie. Mine had grey sweater vests galore and an entire selection of pleated private school skirts. The only thing you'd have to truly invest in is a robe, for which I bought a pattern and spent some time altering and sewing. Honestly, the ties seem to be the most troublesome task, if you're looking to make an authentic uniform... Buy them online and they're expensive. I didn't mind being a bit "off" with the tie, so I just used a plain burgundy tie for my Hermione cossie. May add gold stripes at some point in time. But yus, have fun with it. ^_^

Went to see the movie for a second time this evening. Enjoyed it a million times over, and then some... David [Lupin] is just divine and Alan [Snape]... Yum. Don't even get me started. *clings to her Severus*

@-->--- Tess

Megumi-san
06-09-2004, 03:17 AM
Might as well hop on the band wagon! I too did some cheap HP cosplay- not once, but twice! Both times I was Hermione. XD One I wore for Halloween (this one was more Hermione-ish over all, but teh boots >.o Gods did I need Mary Janes) and one for the PoA midnight premiere at a local theatre (had the cooler patch ^^). Both costumes's piccies are up in my gallery. ^^

I'd like to do a *real* HP school uniform eventually. Need to find sweater before I attempt the rest. XD

Scruffy Rebel
06-09-2004, 03:29 AM
Tess, you ARE Tonks!
One of my fav characters too, always wondered when someone would do the costume....and you look so great in pink hair!

~Oracle

Dreamer81382
06-09-2004, 03:33 AM
My friends and I all dressed up in Harry Potter costumes and went down to Universal Citywalk (california) all day for the premire ^^

It was really fun, we were in character all day and we had a great time messing with the younger HP costume wearers (especially our Snape and Lockhart)

I was dressed as Sirius Black and my friends surprised me with the dirtiest, most mangled robe you've ever seen (they litterally dragged it along the street and ran it over with their cars)

You can see a picture of the majority of us on my friend's Deviant Art page

http://www.deviantart.com/view/7933341/

You can also check out the other pics as well ^^

I wonder if anyone else was at Citywalk that day?

CosplayerGabi
06-09-2004, 12:50 PM
I was at universal city walk [Florida] at the midnight showing. Only like 3 people dressed up besides me.
The next day at Pointe Orlando loads of people dressed up for the line party.

Line Party Pictures:
http://www.mystic-wisdom.com/orlando/

Gab

YunalescaSummon
06-09-2004, 10:04 PM
Cheerio. Does anyone here have ANY HP reference pics as far as the skirt for the Slytherin outfit goes? I'm completely desperate, and I need to also know if the uniform cloak (basic black one with the patch) actually has a hood. Google gives me nothing and the people in the HP chat rooms scare me...HELP!
(If you have any reference pics, please send them to me by way of demonfaerieaiana@yahoo.com. Thank you, thank you, thank yoooooooou!)

Richii
06-10-2004, 12:58 AM
Does anyone here have ANY HP reference pics as far as the skirt for the Slytherin outfit goes? I'm completely desperate, and I need to also know if the uniform cloak (basic black one with the patch) actually has a hood.

Um as far as all hogwarts students uniforms goe I think they are all the same (like all the girls wear the same skirt regardless of what house they're in.)

Heres a shot from PoA of hermione.
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040602/capt.nyet37806021359.multimedia_pot_harry_potter_n yet378.jpg

I'm most postive that those skirts are pleeted. So you just have to find a black skirt at that length.

umn and as for the cloak...I know in the new movie the have a massivly long hood because I got all squeely over it and wanted one on the spot! But I dont know about the first two movies...I would say to you: Pop in your movies and watch them and check out what they look like and make some sketches as you go! That would be the best way, if you watch the move you'll be able to see all angles of the costume.

Zelyre
06-10-2004, 01:11 AM
Um as far as all hogwarts students uniforms goe I think they are all the same (like all the girls wear the same skirt regardless of what house they're in.)

Heres a shot from PoA of hermione.
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040602/capt.nyet37806021359.multimedia_pot_harry_potter_n yet378.jpg

I'm most postive that those skirts are pleeted. So you just have to find a black skirt at that length.

This is the girl's POA uniform...

Skirt's not pleated like the first two movies.

And I'm going to say that yes, the robes have hoods, because I like the new uniform much more than the old and I can't recall what the old one looks like :) But my old robe has a hood... New uniform also wins points because they wear it all slovenly :)

Richii
06-10-2004, 01:26 AM
Skirt's not pleated like the first two movies.

Good think I said "almost" XD haha thanks for clearing that one up! I just thought it would be because the first two were.

YunalescaSummon
06-10-2004, 08:18 AM
Thank you sooooooooooo much. I found a decent pic through another HP forum on cosplay.com, and it's been so useful. Thanks for the robe information... People were right when they said I should get an account on here. It's a lot easier than massive websearching! One eensey-weensey note: The sweater and skirt come in charcoal gray, and the skirt is pleated about knee length... Jo-Ann's is having a massive sale this Friday and Saturday, where all Simplicity patterns are $.99. Sales are a beautiful thing...
"Behold the Swiffer 5000! The latest in the Quidditch Broom Line fashion!!"

sarabug
06-11-2004, 07:10 PM
a friend and i are working on our super realistic quidditch uniforms, we are just about done knitting our sweaters, i'll post up pics as soon as we do, next i think we'll tackle the arm and leg guards, i've been planning this one for years!

oooo, and we decided to go ahead and knit the new scarves cause we like the pattern soooo much better!

YunalescaSummon
06-11-2004, 08:22 PM
Happy, happy! I found the exact color I need for the original school uniforms! Hey, how many stitches are you casting on to start your HP scarf?

Dany
06-11-2004, 08:46 PM
*blinks* Is no one else doing teachers or adult Witch/Wizard garb?

Does Lucius count?

I've got him done already, and I believe Cherry is working on him as well.

And I know others who have pulled off some adults as well. I'm trying to remember the one that a particular friend here that I know did an interpretation of Miranda Goshawk (the wizard who wrote The Standard Book of Spells textbooks).

FFgurl13
06-13-2004, 08:51 PM
Yay sum1 feels sthe same way as I do!I am going 2 cosplay the unifrom and the quidditich one...but it looks hard!G2g c Ya!

FFgurl13
06-13-2004, 08:53 PM
a friend and i are working on our super realistic quidditch uniforms, we are just about done knitting our sweaters, i'll post up pics as soon as we do, next i think we'll tackle the arm and leg guards, i've been planning this one for years!

oooo, and we decided to go ahead and knit the new scarves cause we like the pattern soooo much better!

I so want 2 C ur costume!The sweater must of been hard!Pleaz post pictures

:)

yuffieleonheart
06-13-2004, 09:01 PM
I was at universal city walk [Florida] at the midnight showing. Only like 3 people dressed up besides me.
The next day at Pointe Orlando loads of people dressed up for the line party.

Line Party Pictures:
http://www.mystic-wisdom.com/orlando/

Gab

=3 I didn't dress up at the premiere but I dressed up when I saw it the second time at city walk XD!

here are some piccies. http://www.livejournal.com/users/yuffieleonheart/159914.html

Aer
06-13-2004, 09:29 PM
All of you have such great outfits!!

Working on my Slytherin student outfit now. I reeeally like the changes they made to the outfits in PoA. Hopefully I'll get it done to see the movie again before it's gone!

Ah well, pics in the next few days while I wait for parts of it to come in the mail.

FFgurl13
06-13-2004, 09:30 PM
=3 I didn't dress up at the premiere but I dressed up when I saw it the second time at city walk XD!

here are some piccies. http://www.livejournal.com/users/yuffieleonheart/159914.html

Omgosh that is such a kewl costume!I am going 2 make it...well I am currently making it!I have onli the scarf....oh well!

That is kewl That U like harry potter...oh and was that U kissing dan in that one picture?I don't blame ya I would of when I saw it but I did not want 2 look like a obessive stalker of dan....because I am not...ok mayb a little...ok I am!Ha
Alrighty I have said 2 much!G2g

FFgurl13

yuffieleonheart
06-13-2004, 10:08 PM
Hahha ^^; yea ... the staff members where like "o_o what are they doing to the poster.. " hehe ^^ my costume was uber ghetto made it in three days? gah I want to get the really nice sweaters I've seen online. They're about 55 dollars.

Kairi G
06-13-2004, 10:12 PM
oh sigh, im sad, i havent gotten pics yet from Ryoko-dono. oh i had a lovely find. i got Hailo and Yummy presents for their hogwarts costumes, i found two ties thatwere exactly slytherin and ravenclaw colors and striped just right, it was amazing! they were designer ties too! they were polo ties, and i got em for like 2 dollars at a resale shop! i nearly died when i found them. much excitement! i wonder if there are Polo ties in Gryffindor and Hufflepuff colors too.... that would be so awesome!

FFgurl13
06-14-2004, 07:43 PM
Hahha ^^; yea ... the staff members where like "o_o what are they doing to the poster.. " hehe ^^ my costume was uber ghetto made it in three days? gah I want to get the really nice sweaters I've seen online. They're about 55 dollars.

I would'nt blame them!Um I saw these sweaters at this web site:

http://www.hpwizardstore.com/search_results.asp?iLevel=1&txtsearchParamCat=ALL&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtsearchParamType=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch&txtsearchParamTxt=v-neck&Submit=Go

I dunno if they ere REALLI nice but I taught they were ok.And plus they R onli 33 bucks?A good deal?I think so!

Kairi G
06-14-2004, 08:37 PM
those are really nice sweaters! i want one really badly! very cool!

yuffieleonheart
06-14-2004, 08:43 PM
I like the ones at www.wizarduniforms.com

Kairi G
06-14-2004, 08:55 PM
arent they the same ones? the original price is the same, if i were to get one id get it from the other site simply cuz its not $55 and i have very little money.

yuffieleonheart
06-14-2004, 09:17 PM
I do believe the ravenclaw sweaters on the other site are bronze and blue rather than silver and blue.

FFgurl13
06-14-2004, 10:10 PM
Wow those R realli nice sweaters!I want one so bad!4get my sweater choice Those I luv!

*Hugs Yuffieleonheart 4 being so kewl~*

FFgurl13

CornerCat
06-15-2004, 01:12 PM
Hi. I'm looking for a little help with 3 costumes. I'm planning to make a Luna Lovegood costume and a Quidditch costume for myself and a young Remus costume for my boyfriend. Okay, time to count down the questions...eheheh....
1. I know Luna is in Ravenclaw but someone told me there is a difference in color for the Ravenclaws in the movie and the book. I want to make a uniform similar to the first two movies but with the book colors. Can anyone tell me the difference? I also want to make a Quibbler to carry around so if anyone could give me ideas on how to make something that looks like a tabloid because regular paper isn't the right size...
2. Okay, loads of questions about the Quidditch uniform. First thing is I'm a perfectionist that likes to challenge herself, so I want to make a Quidditch uniform for a non-school team like Ireland or the Canons or one of the teams from the Quidditch Through the Ages book and I want to have the rain gear. I also plan to base most of it on the movies because I love the uniforms but with some changes. For example, if I'm a beater or chaser I'm thinking of adding shoulder and hip pads and other stuff or making the outfit more streamlined (somehow) if I'm a seeker. No paticular reason really, I just imagined it a little different when I was reading. I'm looking for any ideas, inspiration, anything. My other problem is that I can't seem to find any good pictures that show all the parts of the uniform. If someone would list them for me I would kiss their feet. Is there any place in the books that actually describes the uniforms that I've looked over?
3. Last question, I'll make it short, does anyone have any idea of what the uniforms from Remus' school years would look like? I'm planning to look up regular school uniforms from that period as a reference, but if it's mentioned somewhere that I've missed let me know.
I don't know where we are going to wear these to yet. I'm just estatic to make them! ^_^
I know this is a lot from a newbie so..
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

~~~Mert~~~