PDA

View Full Version : AX Idol Talent Show

Morrissey
05-28-2003, 09:41 PM
Anime Expo is proud to present AX Idol 2003! Forty contestants will
have the opportunity to compete with their voice acting, singing talent or anything else related to Japanese anime or culture, for the Grand Prize: A trip to AX Tokyo 2004 for one
exceptional individual! With celebrity guest judges such as star voice actor Crispin Freeman, show off in front of pros! Think that you have what it takes to be AX
Idol 2003? E-mail joe.woo@spja.org to sign up today!

You must pre-register for the talent show online. Online registration closes on June 30, 2003.
There will be extremely limited at-con registration (basically, if there's a spot open immediately after Talent Show
Registration closes, and we have no waiting list, you can possibly get in). The Talent Show space is limited to 40 spots .
(and spots will fill up quickly), therefore you are urged to sign up as soon as possible. A Waiting List of entries will
be created in order to fill any spots left vacant by contestants who have canceled.By being placed on the Waiting List you
recognize that you may or may not become a part of the talent contest. If you are on the Waiting List, especially if you
are in the top 20 groups, please be sure to check in at the Talent Show Desk on Thursday, July 3, 2003, from 11am- 2pm to
see if there are any spots available. Please bring your entire group, your music and your script
with you. All contestants must be attending members of Anime ExpoŽ 2003 and will need to provide a badge at both check-in
and at the Talent show itself.All participants will be asked to sign a permission/waiver form. Anime ExpoŽ and its staff
cannot be held responsible for any injury incurred during the Talent show.For legal reasons, minors may not participate in
the Talent Show unless given written permission by a legal guardian. We request that the minor's guardian sign the
permission/waiver form in advance. Please bring the signed copy with you if you are under 18 years of age. You must check-in
to confirm your registration at the Talent Show Registration desk Anime ExpoŽ on July 3 (Thursday),from 11am-2pm. A walk
through will be announced at con. Narration to be read by the emcee will be limited to 35 words or less. Rules to follow soon.

JoeBoeing
05-28-2003, 10:18 PM
I just signed up!

I have a couple friends that are Identical twins and they are wondering if they can go up as a duo?

Please get back to me.

FRom,
Joe

JoeBoeing
05-30-2003, 03:45 PM
Greetings,

I sent an e-mail to: joe.woo@spja.org and so did a couple friends and we have yet to hear anything. I sent mine around 7:00PM on the 28th.

Can you please tell me it I'm in it?

Thanks,
Joe

Morrissey
05-30-2003, 05:32 PM
You're in Joe. I'll be putting up the list very soon.

Morrissey
06-01-2003, 09:27 PM
Here are the rules for AX Idol.

1. Each contestant has 4 minutes to display their talents.
2. Each contestant must supply there own music/anime for their performance during the sign in period.
3. If you are singing or acting, no cue cards or notes are allowed.
4. Group acts are limited to 6 people per performance. Remember, if a group wins ,only 1 prize package will be awarded per group, not for each individual.
5. Cosplay is allowed but will not be included in the judging. Props will also not be considered in the judging.
6. Contestants will be judged on the following:
Singing
Clarity/Projection of voice
Presentation
Acting Others
Accuracy
Interpretation of character
performance
Various
presentation
style
performance
Crowd reaction will not influence the judging. Scoring will be on a 1-10 basis, 1 being horrible, 10 being spectacular. Being that we have 40 contestants, there will be no do-overs or restarts unless caused by technical problems.
7. Contestants can only participate in one category.
8. Contestants must be on time! They will forfeit their spot if late.

JoeBoeing
06-02-2003, 01:48 PM
Greetings again,

I'm doing VA in this and am wondering if I need to do it to video clips or can I do it without a video clips?

Thanks,
Joe

Morrissey
06-02-2003, 03:54 PM
Either way Joe. Up to you.

Sana-chan
06-04-2003, 07:19 PM
When exactly is the show? And do the entrants need to have more than one performance prepared? If so, how many? Sounds interesting... I wanna enter ^_^.

Morrissey
06-04-2003, 10:30 PM
http://www.anime-expo.org/ax-idol.html

All the info is here. I'm over half full so please sign up asap.