PDA

View Full Version : Chobits group!!!

Lillyxandra
09-06-2002, 10:13 PM
Is anyone planning to do chobits cosplay saturday at a-kon 13?? *Dont look at me that way! I know its not untill next May!*

Lillyxandra
09-08-2002, 03:24 AM
hehe opps A-kon 14 ^_^;;;;;

Ina
09-08-2002, 02:53 PM
i guess your planning early!!! ooOoOo!!! i really want to go to A-kon next year, but it's in TEXAS! i'm not sure if my parents will take me there, but if i could go i would take my chii costumes with me. Gah! i have so much Chobits cosplays in mind XD

what character are you going as?!

Lillyxandra
09-10-2002, 09:20 AM
Aww I hope you can come! We can take lots of pictures together^U^ I planning on doing dark chii and my sister will be chii in this costume.... we are trying to get our boyfriends to go as Hideki and Shimbo, but im not sure if thats going to happen...

>Gah! i have so much Chobits cosplays in mind XD

I know!! I want all of her costumes, shes sooo cute^___^

Shima-Mizu
09-10-2002, 04:15 PM
If I had the patience I'd make a dark chi costume, it's soooo cool

Ina
09-11-2002, 08:04 PM
which dark chii costume are you going to do lilly?! is it the one in the attached pic? that's my favorite dark chii costume ^o^

> If I had the patience I'd make a dark chi costume, it's soooo cool

oh yeah, me too, i do have the patience, but i'm not sure my sewing skill level could *make* any dark chii costumes *o* they're just sooo freaking awesome. So i'm stuck with the basic chii costumes, i'm going to make the costume that hideki gave to chii from "Club Pleasure" so cute! >D

Space Invader
09-11-2002, 11:21 PM
O.o... pretty. I actually plan on doing Sumomo at some point, and my friends Terra and Sarah want to cosplay as Kotoko and Yuzuki, soo... maybe we'll see you there! BTW, I saw both of you at A-Kon, I have to congratulate you on the award you won - you deserved it!!

P.S. - Watch out for fanboys (especially in those outfits!). Many of the ones at A-Kon creeped me out... they like to stare... a lot... *shudder* That's precisely why I was always with at least one other person...

Lillyxandra
09-12-2002, 05:45 PM
yep thats the costume I want to make*if my fav too*^__^

Thanks Kristen! I hope you two deside to cosplay as them, we would almost have a entire chobits group!

eww creepy fanboys *covers up* My boyfriend will be there to protect me^____^

Himemiya
09-16-2002, 08:26 AM
lol, wanna hear something crazy? I may possibly be Yumi for a chobits group at Animazement in may ^_^;

Krishna
09-26-2002, 02:15 AM
I'm going to be Yuzuki at Halloween... there is no anime Conventions in Arizona... *sigh*.... I'll Look forward to you guys cosplay pictures!!!

Ina
09-27-2002, 05:00 PM
> lol, wanna hear something crazy? I may possibly be Yumi for a chobits group at Animazement in may ^_^;

really? hey, never seen a Yumi cosplayer, so that would be cool ... LOL, isn't she an E-cup? LOL ^^;;;;

camuimana
09-28-2002, 08:53 PM
Oh cool. Your costumes are soo pretty, I can't wait to see what you do with chii.

I'm doing chii at akon14 as well (my own designed outfit based off her other outfits), and I have a friend who's going to be my sumomo ^_^

katchoo
09-29-2002, 12:35 AM
I will be cosplaying a new chii outfit for that. Maybe a dark chii if I can work on my sewing! But all the outfits are awesome!
love,
katchoo

Jinx
09-29-2002, 12:41 AM
I would love to do a Chii costume, but I'd like to get a bit more acquainted with the story first...

camuimana
09-29-2002, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by katchoo24
I will be cosplaying a new chii outfit for that. Maybe a dark chii if I can work on my sewing! But all the outfits are awesome!

Do you mean that you are making your own design dark chii outfit?? That'd be cool! I'd have to find you and make you pose with me ^.~

katchoo
09-29-2002, 12:46 AM
lol....I love taking pictures with people and talking to them about how they created their costumes. The coolest thing about cosplaying (IMHO) is the love that each costume creator puts into their costume. Currently I love Chobits, and Paradise Kiss, which I will be cosplaying out of soon too. I hope to make regular clothes out of paradise kiss designs!
love,
katchoo ^_^

Lillyxandra
10-04-2002, 08:16 AM
>I'm doing chii at akon14 as well (my own designed outfit based off her other outfits), and I have a friend who's going to be my sumomo ^_^

Sweet! Which of her out fits are you basing it off of?

camuimana
10-05-2002, 08:23 PM
I'm basing it off these costumes:

http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/detail.asp?costumeid=3019

Not the dark chii costume though. At first I was going to, but once I actually got around to making it, i didn't. The costume is white with a maroon-ish trim.

Which dark chii costume are you doing?

Lillyxandra
10-06-2002, 08:52 PM
Sounds very pretty I love the style of that first dress! can wait to see it^_^ im working on the one in picture from the first post. I found the perfect dark chii boot at the mall the other day, buckles and all! now I need to find some stockings that look like that. I see that you are going to make you chii ears out of plastic, id like to see how that turns out !^_^

camuimana
10-06-2002, 10:22 PM
Oh that's such a lovely dark chii outfit! Actually I think that's actually one of my fav dark chii outifts ^_^

As for the plastic a friend told me about thermoplastics. They're lightweight, cheap, and easy to use. I've never used them before though, so i'm hoping they will turn out ok. How do you plan to make your ears? If you have no clue you should try the plastics as well, it seems promising. ^^

Kellie
10-08-2002, 11:20 AM
Ooh! Since we're on the subject of chobits costumes, my roomie/close friend and I decided to make a Chii costume and Sumomo costume for Katsucon 2003. ^_^ I think she's going to make the simple white and marroon dress Chii first wears. Speaking of Chii ears, is it easier to make them or buy them? I've seen some awesome plastic ones. How do people make them? @_@

camuimana
10-08-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by cherii chan
Speaking of Chii ears, is it easier to make them or buy them? I've seen some awesome plastic ones. How do people make them? @_@

The thing about bought chii ears is that they are expensive (I think they are like $50 +shipping from Japan) and from what I heard not very comfortable. Many people have chose to make their own....but often made chii ears look horrible ^^;; I've seen very few people do it right.

I think some of the best made chii ears I've ever seen were made by Yaya Han. ((She sells her ears for about the same price as the company one, though shipping is much cheaper, so if you want to buy chii ears, buy from her)) I think she makes hers out of plastic too. I haven't worked with the plastic yet - though i plan to-, but my friend who has says it's very easy (and cheap! It's like $0.90 for a pac of 6). You just heat the strips of plastic and while it's warm, bend it into shape. Once you got it into the right shape, you let it cool off, and you have chii ears. ^_^

I'm sure there are many other ways to make the ears, so if you choose not to buy them or use plastics, just experiment with different mediums, your bound to end up with something promising. ^_^

plastiknife
10-08-2002, 07:54 PM
I will be cosplaying as Chii for this halloween and at AnimeBoston in what...next april?!? Ha, so far away..

anyways, I'm going to be wearing the costume she wore in Episode 23, when she put on Yumi's "french maid" outfit.

Since so many people cosplay as chii, it's fun to pick out her most interesting outfits. When I'm done, I'll put pictures online if anyone wants to see them :)