PDA

View Full Version : AC cubed 2008

Saavik8
11-18-2007, 10:42 AM
Hey guys

well AC cubed 2007 has just ended and it was amazing... And yes I know that AC cubed 2008 does seem very far away but it is never to early to start to plan :) Personally I always have a lot to do in the year so it is good to start on cosplays early... Also the earlier you have a costume idea the earlier we can start to form cosplay groups and stuff that is always fun.. For
AC3/08 I am being zetzu and zexion so if anyone is planning to cosplay form either naruto or kingdom hearts give me a shout... My friend is being axel this year and it would be kindof cool to try and get a complete organization XIII done this year....just think of the possibilitys of the mascarade and the skits if we had a full organization.... and of course the eariler the costumes are done the higher the chance of getting to wear them for a random outing sometime but anyways this thread is also open for anyone who wants to talk about ac3 07 but try to focus on the coming year... if you saw me at the con this year (the heartless and nekozawa) feel free to add me saavik8@hotmail.com

happy cosplaying

Ryocha
11-18-2007, 12:40 PM
Oh lawd, you're not the only one planning. XD

So far, the costume I'm going to be setting myself for next year will be Ryusei Date from Super Robot Wars: Original Generation. I know someone back on YE OLD SOAP FORUMS was thinking of doing Latooni from the same series, which made me jump for joy since I would have atleast one other person to be paired up in pictures with. If anyone is interested, don't hesisitate to PM me~!

Saavik8
11-18-2007, 08:56 PM
Oh lawd, you're not the only one planning. XD

So far, the costume I'm going to be setting myself for next year will be Ryusei Date from Super Robot Wars: Original Generation. I know someone back on YE OLD SOAP FORUMS was thinking of doing Latooni from the same series, which made me jump for joy since I would have atleast one other person to be paired up in pictures with. If anyone is interested, don't hesisitate to PM me~!

oooh I can't wait to see that ^_^

TotoToshiya
11-18-2007, 09:39 PM
I dont know if I want to go to AC3 next year ._. I was pretty disappointed with this years AC3. Too much to complain about.
But if I do end up going. Ill probably do some jrock cosplaying.
Toshiya from Dir en grey in his Myaku outfit
Iori from Phantasmagoria in his Mikansei to Guilt outfit
and Dont know for the 3rd day yet.

Vicky Janelle
11-19-2007, 09:06 AM
I'm going as Princess Peach again and this time it going her dress.

Saavik8
11-19-2007, 09:11 AM
I'm going as Princess Peach again and this time it going her dress.

niice I love ballgown like dresses ^_^ have fun making that though

Jerseymilk
11-19-2007, 09:14 AM
What's currently in my signature for AnimeNorth is what it'll be for next year's AC3, except I'll be replacing Quistis with my Hitsugaya cosplay.

Ryocha
11-19-2007, 09:18 AM
What's currently in my signature for AnimeNorth is what it'll be for next year's AC3, except I'll be replacing Quistis with my Hitsugaya cosplay.

More like Itsygaya, short stuff! <3

Jerseymilk
11-19-2007, 09:42 AM
More like Itsygaya, short stuff! <3

Hey Slaveboy! I think I hear Captain Zaraki calling you! XP

Ryocha
11-19-2007, 09:57 AM
Hey Slaveboy! I think I hear Captain Zaraki calling you! XP

Well, he's not here right now, so I don't think he'd mind if I "fix" you up a bit. <3333

Ryocha
11-19-2007, 10:04 AM
oooh I can't wait to see that ^_^

I'm doing his ever-hard SRX uniform... will take a while to sew/fabric paint all of the badges he has on his jacket, not to mention the padding on certain parts...

...and the boots! *dies*

Saavik8
11-19-2007, 10:10 AM
I'm doing his ever-hard SRX uniform... will take a while to sew/fabric paint all of the badges he has on his jacket, not to mention the padding on certain parts...

...and the boots! *dies*

lol last year I was orginally going to be a solider heartless instead of a neoshadow and I finished the boots for it before I changed my plans.... stupid boots, hmm yeah but fabric painting is always fun ^_^ this year I am going to have to make a venus fly trap extension and make myself look like a guy with a shirtless half black half white torso o.0;;; oh the lovely challenges of cosplay

*Kumiko_Chan*
11-19-2007, 10:43 AM
this year I am going to have to make a venus fly trap extension and make myself look like a guy with a shirtless half black half white torso o.0;;; oh the lovely challenges of cosplay

AH! Going as Zetsu!

Awesome...I may be Deidara since I'll have that cosplay for next year xD
-was suppose to cosplay him this year....but didn't get a wig...so was Sasori instead-

Saavik8
11-19-2007, 06:08 PM
AH! Going as Zetsu!

Awesome...I may be Deidara since I'll have that cosplay for next year xD
-was suppose to cosplay him this year....but didn't get a wig...so was Sasori instead-

oohhh I love Deidara I really wish he wasn't dead *cries I miss you deidara*

anyways I can't wait to see your cosplay

Vicky Janelle
11-19-2007, 10:47 PM
niice I love ballgown like dresses ^_^ have fun making that though

I'm hoping to finish it by May because I'm going to Anime North.

DJ_Izumi
11-20-2007, 02:43 AM
We spent 8hrs locked in a room together discussing what happened at AC Cubed. A wall to wall wipe board (discussion was in a classroom) was filled with every detail the staff could come up with with what went wrong at AC^3 2007. We're aware of what went wrong and intend to address every issue. We havn't actually sat down and brainstormed what new and what to change for 2008, that's for the next time we meet.

You're the ones who paid anywhere between $15 to $40 to get into the convention and we've listened to every forum feed back post made. We even read various forum posts outloud for every person on staff to hear.

You'll be happy with 2008, because major changes will be made in many reguards. It's too early to say a lot without it being pure speculation, but I can at least give you one piece of good news.

We're getting a new DJ.

*Kumiko_Chan*
11-20-2007, 08:20 AM
We're getting a new DJ.

YEEEESSSS!!!!!111
:rockon:

Ryocha
11-20-2007, 09:02 AM
We're getting a new DJ.

I'm sorry, but I died of happiness when I saw this. >_<

Saavik8
11-20-2007, 10:46 AM
I'm sorry, but I died of happiness when I saw this. >_<

same here

DeadlyButterfly
11-24-2007, 11:57 AM
I'm gonna wear my Arrancar Mila Rose outfit. I'm working on it right now. The girl that dressed up as her at AC3/07 was awsome. I just feel like the outfit is calling me. :]

Tsukasa_1
11-24-2007, 02:33 PM
We're getting a new DJ.

That is good to know as I was about in inquiry about him, as he passed his business card onto us at our table.

Vicky Janelle
11-24-2007, 03:58 PM
I found VGCats's email address it pierre@zestuff.com

EgnirysFaye
11-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Knowing me I'll just wing one of my planned cosplays of 2008 lol Either Yuuko..Rosette or resuse my Sanzo.

*Kumiko_Chan*
11-26-2007, 10:59 AM
Knowing me I'll just wing one of my planned cosplays of 2008 lol Either Yuuko..Rosette or resuse my Sanzo.

HEY! This is awesome. I am planning on cosplaying Chrono for next year.

Hmm...and I also know that I'll be cosplaying Kanda

Jerseymilk
11-26-2007, 05:57 PM
Darn you two! You're making me reconsider my desire to cosplay Satella again! XD

*Kumiko_Chan*
11-28-2007, 01:48 PM
Darn you two! You're making me reconsider my desire to cosplay Satella again! XD

OHMAHGAWD! Satella!!! ^__^

Ryocha
11-28-2007, 02:36 PM
My jaw dropped when I read your siggy Tes, YOU'RE DOING KANDA?!

ASDFGHJK, I COULD BE ALLEN! Or something. I needed a good excuse to butcher my Yzak wig anyway. :D

Jerseymilk
11-28-2007, 04:16 PM
OHMAHGAWD! Satella!!! ^__^

Ya, even though I'd be a really short Satella(XD), I still would love to cosplay her. She's such an awesome and underappreciated character in my opinion.

*Kumiko_Chan*
11-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Ya, even though I'd be a really short Satella(XD), I still would love to cosplay her. She's such an awesome and underappreciated character in my opinion.

Haha who cares! ^__^
Satella is awesome, muaha!
and I know what you mean...she is an amazing character who should have more attention from Chrono Crusade fans o.o

@Ryocha: Haha, we are actually doing a D.Gray Man group at Ac3'08
...and we have an Allen with our group, yes ^_^

Jerseymilk
11-29-2007, 02:26 AM
Haha who cares! ^__^
Satella is awesome, muaha!
and I know what you mean...she is an amazing character who should have more attention from Chrono Crusade fans o.o

Muwahahahaha! I'll have to learn to curse in German, so I can call out any evil devils as I smite them! XP

*Kumiko_Chan*
11-29-2007, 09:09 AM
Muwahahahaha! I'll have to learn to curse in German, so I can call out any evil devils as I smite them! XP

I caught things here and there...but only the first part whenever she summons stuff

KOMMEN DIE! xDD

Kommst die...or something xD
something to do with 'COME HERE!' or something, lol
haha...I'm alot of help aren't I xD

Ryocha
11-29-2007, 09:11 AM
@Ryocha: Haha, we are actually doing a D.Gray Man group at Ac3'08
...and we have an Allen with our group, yes ^_^

Darn, I'll have to catch you guys for pictures. ;P Who's in your group so far?

*Kumiko_Chan*
11-29-2007, 04:22 PM
Darn, I'll have to catch you guys for pictures. ;P Who's in your group so far?

AH! We have the list up on DA...I'll get it...

Allen, Lavi, Kanda, Lenalee, Debitto, Rhoade, Miranda, Krory and Komui

Ryocha
11-29-2007, 06:32 PM
AH! We have the list up on DA...I'll get it...

Allen, Lavi, Kanda, Lenalee, Debitto, Rhoade, Miranda, Krory and Komui

Whoah, you have a good portion of the cast I see. o: Hmm, D.Gray-man was on my ideas list for next year, maybe I can try joining at a later date. Meilin was an option since I liked her Chinese outfit, and Allen was second even though I'de despise doing the Black Order outfits just because I'de be a perfectionist and insist on making the cross on the chest down to the very last detail. xP

Goodluck regardless, though! (I'll be hugging you a lot since you'll be Mr. Prick. XD)

*Kumiko_Chan*
11-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Goodluck regardless, though! (I'll be hugging you a lot since you'll be Mr. Prick. XD)

haha, yes, that I realize xD

I can act repulsed and be like 'EH! Gerrof me!'

KazeSwordsman
11-30-2007, 07:23 PM
I'm going as the cool nuevo espada,Aaroniero Arleri,,with arrankar form and kaien form with Nejibana and Glutonia(Hollow Eater)

Vicky Janelle
12-09-2007, 09:51 AM
I'm working on a big Toad plushie.

Saavik8
12-09-2007, 10:25 AM
I'm working on a big Toad plushie.

aww how cute ^_^

Ryocha
12-09-2007, 05:56 PM
haha, yes, that I realize xD

I can act repulsed and be like 'EH! Gerrof me!'

But then afterwards you'll realise your love and when that happens, I'll have my camera on me. XD

Saavik8
12-09-2007, 06:02 PM
But then afterwards you'll realise your love and when that happens, I'll have my camera on me. XD

lolz its going to be fun watching you guys

Ryocha
12-09-2007, 06:06 PM
lolz its going to be fun watching you guys

Indeed it will be. xD

ARRRRGH! I found another character I want to cosplay. ;__; Nono from Diebuster... even if I haven't seen Diebuster yet (or Gunbuster, for that matter *fail*) I still love her character design. ;_; Le sigh.

Saavik8
12-09-2007, 06:09 PM
Indeed it will be. xD

ARRRRGH! I found another character I want to cosplay. ;__; Nono from Diebuster... even if I haven't seen Diebuster yet (or Gunbuster, for that matter *fail*) I still love her character design. ;_; Le sigh.

hmm I know what you mean I have a nice long list of cosplays that I want to do.. but alas only so much time to do them in

*Kumiko_Chan*
12-09-2007, 09:12 PM

haha!
no wai Betch! xDD

This Kanda has eyes on one person only...and that is myself xD

Ryocha
12-10-2007, 09:40 AM
haha!
no wai Betch! xDD

This Kanda has eyes on one person only...and that is myself xD

*coughmasturbationcough*

>_> Didn't hear anything from me.

@Saavik8: I know that pain too. ;_; I'm full up until bloody next year with ideas and pondering things surrounding that.

Saavik8
12-10-2007, 09:49 AM
@Ryocha if only there were more hours in the day then I would be happy

*Kumiko_Chan*
12-10-2007, 12:00 PM
*coughmasturbationcough*

>_> Didn't hear anything from me.

:crylaugh:

Well, I am just SUCH a prick...I only love myself hahaha

Ryocha
12-14-2007, 10:12 AM
:crylaugh:

Well, I am just SUCH a prick...I only love myself hahaha

Until fanfiction writes you with Allen or Lavi.
*SMACK*

*Kumiko_Chan*
12-14-2007, 01:30 PM
Until fanfiction writes you with Allen or Lavi.
*SMACK*

This is true...not to mention with me I DO have an Allen and a Lavi...

Vicky Janelle
12-17-2007, 11:16 PM
aww how cute ^_^

Thank you.

ky--Ice--
12-27-2007, 07:29 PM
Oops, totally missed this somehow.
Heyo...
Guess what? More Shaman King commig out for Kirlata ad I... this time as Ryu (Rio) and Faust VIII!!! ...So I'll basicly be Elvis with a random german goth.
Oh yes, We're also going to do another cosplay...this time of a rather popular webcomic.
We have three for that idea so far, possibly up to 6 or 7............ We'll be getting supplies at Anime North for it.

=P We're learning new dances too. Hopeing to get a Duck Duck Goose thing (Thanks Jace!) and another giant Timewarp/ pelvis thrust line.

P.S.: Prepare for glomping as Chrono.

EgnirysFaye
12-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Hey wow! Seeing other soon-to-be Chrono Crusade cosplayers here...XD

KazeSwordsman
12-27-2007, 10:04 PM
for AC3 2008 im going as Aaroniero if i cant make it for the LARP,if i can,im be Suman Dark from D.Gray-Man,a char that unlike deidara,should be alive(deidara was just unlucky to stand up agaisnt a)*&Y6 (being careful for spoilers))

*Kumiko_Chan*
12-27-2007, 11:02 PM
P.S.: Prepare for glomping as Chrono.

What? is that said to me cause I'm cosplaying Chrono? o.o

ky--Ice--
12-28-2007, 10:56 AM
What? is that said to me cause I'm cosplaying Chrono? o.o

=PP

Ryocha
12-28-2007, 11:50 AM
This is true...not to mention with me I DO have an Allen and a Lavi...

:angel2: *innocent intentions*
Next year is going to be interesting, indeed.

Drakkos
12-28-2007, 01:42 PM
Hmm i believe for AC cubed 2008 i think i am gonna cosplay as Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden

ky--Ice--
12-28-2007, 03:11 PM
Ah, I LOVE Ninja Gaiden!

=o I'm exited already.

Drakkos
12-29-2007, 01:07 PM
Ah, I LOVE Ninja Gaiden!

=o I'm exited already.

the game is soo hard i still haven't finish the game :P

ky--Ice--
12-29-2007, 01:39 PM
Frig my cosplay(s) for this are goig to be expencive....
If you guys don't mind me asking (I know I could ask this at another board, but I suppose different coventions have different budgets...plus my enternet is super-slowwww), how much are you planning to spend o your cosplays?

the game is soo hard i still haven't finish the game :P

Me neither, but I watched the ending online >.>.

The*Fallen*One*
12-29-2007, 08:02 PM
Hmm... budget for cosplay.. I have never truly set myself a true budget. I just go with the costume, make it as best that I can, and buy whatever I need to pull it off, or get the stuff that I can modify into proper costume bits. Of course, one of my main stops is always a Value Village, never know what you can find there for a costume! Plus for fabrics, I always look for great deals whenever I can.

ky--Ice--
12-29-2007, 08:46 PM
Ah yes, the magical Value Village. That's defenitely on my list for cheep clothing.
Though fabric is REALLY expenceive where I live, so I try to stick to modifying clothing (haha, which didn't happen for my Ren costume ((The black fabric was over $80 and yellow $40, not to mention the time) ). I hope to not spend that much on a costume for awile.
Ahahaha, anyways, I think I'll be spending more then ever next AC3... damned masks being so expensive! Plus I might end up payig for some of Kirlata's costume... >.>

EgnirysFaye
12-29-2007, 08:58 PM
Sometimes it helps it use other materials and be creative

For my Sanzo outfit, the robe was actually made entirely of....

Curtains ^_^;; my aunt gave my mom these curtains sometime ago but my mom never used nor liked them. And by chance they were the same colour as Sanzo's robe and the material was light. So thought...what the heck?

The*Fallen*One*
12-30-2007, 05:29 PM
Oh yeah, whenever I need strong fabric, I always check out the Drapery section, for you can get nice fabrics there that can stand up to wear and tear, unlike regular fabric sections.

Drakkos
12-30-2007, 09:18 PM
@Ky--Ice--

Me neither, but I watched the ending online >.>.[/QUOTE]

How did you see the ending ???? Men i just Finish beating that helicopter with my Arrows that was Soo Hard it was next level!!! " Intense!"

Mad Props to Ryu he is a truly amazing Character i can't wait for number 2!!

Saavik8
01-01-2008, 01:29 PM
lol don't really plan how much I will spend on cosplay, I try to just keep it as inexpensive as possible while keeping the quality up... also does anyone know how much chicken wire costs? I need some to create the base for my zetzu

Pillow-chan
01-01-2008, 08:27 PM
I might go to this con...I'm trying to go to all the ones I can :D
This IS a bit far, but I probably can make it ^_^

ky--Ice--
01-01-2008, 09:09 PM
@ Pillow-chan: Nice avatar! It's always good to see Gordan Freeman in the Holiday spirit!
Where are you comming from?

@Saavik: Depends on where you buy it. 1 roll/$9.98

Drakkos
01-03-2008, 06:35 PM
For this year i am pretty lucky my best friend gram ma love to do anima costume she is making me Hayabusa Costume for Ac cubed witch will be my Second time going i am looking forward to it

KazeSwordsman
01-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Are u gonna impruve on the Afro Samurai cosplay,drakkos?u know the bigger the afro,the pwner it gets

Ryocha
01-04-2008, 02:17 PM
I might go to this con...I'm trying to go to all the ones I can :D
This IS a bit far, but I probably can make it ^_^

It's worth it, believe me. The cosplay was above average, and it had an awesome atmosphere with its new venue, too. :3 Hopefully the quirks will be fixed for '08. (Like our dances D: )

Saavik8
01-06-2008, 08:23 AM
@ky--Ice-- thanks, I'll keep that in mind

@Pillow-chan I agree with Ryocha the con has an amazing atmosphere and the cosplays are always good you should definitly come

Drakkos
01-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Are u gonna impruve on the Afro Samurai cosplay,drakkos?u know the bigger the afro,the pwner it gets

Hmm i dunno maybe once i complete Tousen , Kamile and Ryu suit yeah ill improve the Afro Suit just to finish it at 100% same thing with my Friend Roxes

eebanee
01-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Its the heartless! OH EM GEE! Ya Ac Cubed was great! Didn't go very early, so I missed a lot of stuff T^T

Saavik8
01-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Its the heartless! OH EM GEE! Ya Ac Cubed was great! Didn't go very early, so I missed a lot of stuff T^T

the heartless it is ^_____^ did you cosplay/ if so who as?

Ryocha
01-11-2008, 10:13 AM
I'm at a loss on who to cosplay now. ;_; There's Garma, there's probably a good chance of doing Mirai too (with my boyfriend as Bright. >_> We need a Hathaway!), and then there's Elma... and of course Ryusei will be there too. Though I'll have to cut my hair for him, which will permanently terrify my mother. xD

Saavik8
01-11-2008, 02:34 PM
I'm at a loss on who to cosplay now. ;_; There's Garma, there's probably a good chance of doing Mirai too (with my boyfriend as Bright. >_> We need a Hathaway!), and then there's Elma... and of course Ryusei will be there too. Though I'll have to cut my hair for him, which will permanently terrify my mother. xD

aww yeah I somewhat know what you mean there, I have so many cosplays that I want to do and my friends all have great cosplay ideas that it would be great to compliment with another cosplayer.....arg the descisions... hmm I actually wish I hadn't cut my like ass long hair, it was sooo good for cosplay T_T

The*Fallen*One*
01-11-2008, 04:41 PM
I know exactly what you are going through. I have so many people wishing me to do a cosplay with them, plus the ones I want to do myself.. So many cosplays, so little time.. and no money now.. Gah!

Saavik8
01-12-2008, 09:14 PM
@ The*Fallen*One* ung I'm so broke right now....need to gather money for cosplay.... =_=

ky--Ice--
01-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Ah, a common feeling for cosplay.

Yes, Kirlata and I have ours cosplays planned out (AC3, Anime North, and Animaritime every other year) until 2012 XD
VG Cats cosplay just confermed! We'll be going anthro style, with masks and paint. I'll be going as Aeris, Jace as Leo, Kirlata as Pantsman, and depending on if they're comming, Krug and Dr.Hobo~

ekk_amanda_
01-16-2008, 12:32 PM
Hm I hope to be coming this year depending on when it is.
I've never been before but my cousin said it was pretty fun.

Ryocha
01-16-2008, 02:28 PM
It is. x3 For a smaller con I think I preffer it over AN08 since everything is within walking distance and it has much more of a family feel. Or atleast, that's what I think.

*Kumiko_Chan*
01-17-2008, 08:35 AM
I think I might be holding off Chrono to do a cosplay from Hack//GU instead xD

Ryocha
01-17-2008, 09:08 AM
I think I might be holding off Chrono to do a cosplay from Hack//GU instead xD

xD Sweet. Endrance, amirite?
I'de be Silabus, but I have Ryusei to make for AC3 '08. ;_;

*Kumiko_Chan*
01-17-2008, 04:34 PM
xD Sweet. Endrance, amirite?
I'de be Silabus, but I have Ryusei to make for AC3 '08. ;_;

Do you remember the 3 characters I named off from Hack//GU that I would decide from to cosplay? Well anyway, Endrance is definately the top one I'd do...but...the 2nd top one...is just as tempting to me, lol

Ryocha
01-17-2008, 05:43 PM
Do you remember the 3 characters I named off from Hack//GU that I would decide from to cosplay? Well anyway, Endrance is definately the top one I'd do...but...the 2nd top one...is just as tempting to me, lol

It's that guy with the extreme gay accent, right? Oh God, I forgot his name... *dumb moment* DD:

*Kumiko_Chan*
01-18-2008, 09:36 AM
It's that guy with the extreme gay accent, right? Oh God, I forgot his name... *dumb moment* DD:

HELLS NO! Not Hiiragi, lol. I would NEVER wear heels like that ever in my life xD

I'd rather NOT break my face, lol

Ryocha
01-18-2008, 09:43 AM
HELLS NO! Not Hiiragi, lol. I would NEVER wear heels like that ever in my life xD

I'd rather NOT break my face, lol

XD Keep in mind this is a GUY we're talking about here. Lulz, I still need to see him in the game. And BUY the game no less. .__.;;

Haseo and Silabus, then?

*Kumiko_Chan*
01-18-2008, 01:49 PM
XD Keep in mind this is a GUY we're talking about here. Lulz, I still need to see him in the game. And BUY the game no less. .__.;;

Haseo and Silabus, then?

Zelkova <-- \

xD

Ryocha
01-18-2008, 02:13 PM
OH RIGHT!

...But you're not shota!

ekk_amanda_
01-18-2008, 03:06 PM
When is Ac cubed?

Saavik8
01-18-2008, 06:25 PM
@ekk_ amanda_ its usually at the the begining of november but we don't know the exact dates as of yet

Jerseymilk
01-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Beginning of November usually. This past year it was from Nov. 2-4th.

Ryocha
01-18-2008, 08:39 PM
And it was bloody amazing, might I add.

*Kumiko_Chan*
01-18-2008, 09:45 PM
OH RIGHT!

...But you're not shota!

I'LL BE SHOTA!!! >D

ky--Ice--
01-20-2008, 03:18 PM
Awws, I was really wanting to see your Chrono.
But Shota's awsome too lol.

It was held later on the year before, wasn't it? 25-26 or something? Reguardless, it looks like a safe bet to say November.
Best con I've been to so far.

EgnirysFaye
01-21-2008, 12:44 AM
Wasn't there going to be a cancellation of Ac-Cubed due to space and costs? o.o I've read from another posting that it's not continuing...

Unless of course I completely misread and it's not the case (Hopefully so! Someone please tell me this is incorrect!)

Jerseymilk
01-21-2008, 01:25 AM
No, no. That's C-ACE. It's a comic/sci-fi/fantasy themed convention. I'm sad about that because I had planned to go to the next one too. :/

Ryocha
01-21-2008, 09:05 AM
I'LL BE SHOTA!!! >D

:eek:
Uh oh, better not tell Ovan this...

*Kumiko_Chan*
01-21-2008, 10:49 AM
No, no. That's C-ACE. It's a comic/sci-fi/fantasy themed convention. I'm sad about that because I had planned to go to the next one too. :/

No! That con was L-A-M-E

You know...I can't even call it sci-fi/fantasy/comic....it was more like a furry con with furries involved in comics, fantasy and sci-fi xDD

I went in 2006, lol...it was SOOO bad...not even like 100 people xD

@Ky-ice: Hmm...it's in the planning...I mean I haven't TOTALLY dropped it yet...so there is still a good chance of it ^_^

ky--Ice--
01-22-2008, 02:55 PM
Hmm. I still can't get over how awsome AC Cubed was this year. Last year was fun too, but it wasn't close to this year.

Too bad the Manga Library was so small though >.> Maybe next year 'The Manga Woman' will be able to bring more of her collection.The only thing I didn't like (the dance doesn't count): spending most of my sunday in a friggin' closet. Especially when it got really crowded. I hope they get a bigger room next time...

[COLOR="Indigo"]Wasn't there going to be a cancellation of Ac-Cubed due to space and costs? o.o I've read from another posting that it's not continuing...
[COLOR]

0.o;; That almost gave me a corinary (bad spelling?). I thought AC Cubed had done very well for itself (Even if they were a bit under-staffed, this is just because this convention is quite big).

It's going to be held at the same place though, right?

Lanna_Waterdrop
01-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Actually, Ac Cubed is apparently being Cancelled and will be soon posted up on Soap ottawa saying so. I've been trying to talk them out of it, but they're still pretty convinced that they will be giving up Ac cubed. Its going to be Determined at the Soap Birthday Party next month weather Ac cubed will stay or go.

I've offered my help to them if they needed and I'm doing everything to make sure Ac cubed 2008 will happen. but I'm not sure how much I can do if they're pretty set on never having it.

ky--Ice--
01-23-2008, 02:20 PM
That doesn't make any sence. Why?
From what I heard from staff, they we're pretty happy with how it turned out. Maybe I'm compleately wrong.

Ryocha
01-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Yeah, I mean while reading through the feedback thread where some of the volunteers and permanent staff of SOAP and AC3 were posting, they seemed pretty confident (or atleast came off as such) that there was going to be another year.
Still, if this happens, it's back to us Ottawans depending on Otakuthon and the millions of cons in Toronto for our convention fix.

Jerseymilk
01-23-2008, 02:54 PM
Well it's very discouraging and suprising news at any rate. Greylocks was just posting ideas and getting opinions about re-vamping weapon policies for next year as a matter of fact. :/ If it's due to lack of space or something, I could see that. I mean if the Hampton Inn has turned out not to be a viable choice. Or if it's lack of volunteers that's the problem, many of us would be happy to volunteer our time to keep the con running.

The*Fallen*One*
01-23-2008, 05:46 PM
I do know that C-ACE was canceled, but now AC3? It can't be! Every year the turnout is increasing, especially as more and more people are hearing about it. They can not claim that it is due to a lack of a fan-base, have you seen the amount of people who went? Sure, last year they did not have too many events, and some were not as good as they could be, but it is only their 4th year at hosting a convention like this, they must learn as they go.

Con staff is the problem? Hell, I would volunteer to help out for next year's con, if that is what it takes. Sure, I will miss out on most of what goes on, but if the con keeps going, then that is what I will do. If it is the space issue, or the fact that the Hampton Inn was a bit more than what they expected it would cost them, there is something they can do about it. Raise the cost of the passes. Hell, Anime North costs $55 now for the entire weekend, I do not mind paying a bit more to help keep the con running. Plus I am sure that some of the Dealers would not mind with a slight increase for their rental, The Comic Book Shoppe/Anime Stop absolutely love the con, they sell tons of merchandise there, same with Silver Snail, Toys on Fire Etc.

I hope that more of the SOAP staff read these Forums, and see the amount of people who can not wait for the next con, as well as the support they are willing to offer. If they do not read these threads, Lunnie, TELL THEM!!

*Kumiko_Chan*
01-24-2008, 11:28 PM
*le gasp*

That's a little shocking o.o
Hm, I honestly thought AC3 was getting mixed up with C-ACE....I guess not, huh <__<

They can't just give up like that <_<
I mean...don't they have a contract with Hampton Inn? I mean, to have Ac3 there for some amount of years!?

I agree with Fallen...if it's the costs, they should just increase the price for things and try and get more sponsors...I can say I was honestly hella surprised to see that AN sponsored Ac3 this year!

There is still months to go before they decide to end Ac3 once and for all but till that decision is made there are LOTS of possibilities and solutions to fix problems...concerning Ac3.

Lyulf
01-25-2008, 07:19 AM
O_O must keep eye on this O_O

ky--Ice--
01-26-2008, 09:03 AM
I think we all feel the same on this.

I may join SOAP boards just to see how this rides out... though I'm sure we'll be kept posted.

Saavik8
02-06-2008, 09:49 AM
I would definitely be willing to pay more and help out if it keeps the con going. But on another note I am putting together a complete organization XIII this year for AC Cubed and am missing a few members, so if you are cosplaying or willing to cosplay:
Xigbar
Xaldin
Lexaus
Luxord
Vexen

or if you are cosplaying Riku or anyone else from KH then please give me a shout either by replying or at saavik8@hotmail.com or saavik.vulcan@gmail.com

thanks

*Kumiko_Chan*
02-06-2008, 10:41 AM
I would definitely be willing to pay more and help out if it keeps the con going. But on another note I am putting together a complete organization XIII this year for AC Cubed and am missing a few members, so if you are cosplaying or willing to cosplay:
Xigbar
Xaldin
Lexaus
Luxord
Vexen

or if you are cosplaying Riku or anyone else from KH then please give me a shout either by replying or at saavik8@hotmail.com or saavik.vulcan@gmail.com

thanks

If Ac3 still goes on..check me in for Xigbar! ^_^

Shame though...cause if it were Toronto...I have friends to cover all those characters....the whole ORG.XIII in fact plus DiZ, Kairi, Namine, Sora and Roxas xD

I know some people in Ottawa who could cover those other ones though...but I don't know if they be doing these characters at Ac3 or not (if it happens)

Saavik8
02-06-2008, 02:08 PM
If Ac3 still goes on..check me in for Xigbar! ^_^

Shame though...cause if it were Toronto...I have friends to cover all those characters....the whole ORG.XIII in fact plus DiZ, Kairi, Namine, Sora and Roxas xD

I know some people in Ottawa who could cover those other ones though...but I don't know if they be doing these characters at Ac3 or not (if it happens)

oooh Xigbar xD nice thanks a ton ^_^ yeah i wish that i could make it to Anime North this year but I am busy that weekend T_T

thanks again ^_^

XNeverConformX
02-06-2008, 05:57 PM
oooh Xigbar xD nice thanks a ton ^_^ yeah i wish that i could make it to Anime North this year but I am busy that weekend T_T

thanks again ^_^
OH thanks alot, mention our group, but AGAIN only mention the Orgy 13 members....you know, dont care about your Sora (ATLANTICA SORA).....Hes ONLY the main character....but you know, what ever, not important.... ask for a Riku...but dont say why.... :argue: jerk:bigcry:

....but I love you anyway Zexy..... :P

lol,

Saavik8
02-06-2008, 09:23 PM
OH thanks alot, mention our group, but AGAIN only mention the Orgy 13 members....you know, dont care about your Sora (ATLANTICA SORA).....Hes ONLY the main character....but you know, what ever, not important.... ask for a Riku...but dont say why.... :argue: jerk:bigcry:

lol,

you know you love me xD and anyways come on i was only saying the characters that we needed, i promise that you will get lots of atlantica sora love xD in the skit, you are the main character after all my little fishy xD

EgnirysFaye
02-06-2008, 11:26 PM
Aha! So I was correct! *And people took notice of me!*

Actually that credit goes to Kajigal - who made a reply in mentioning AC3 sometime ago on another thread where this person asked what was the best Canadian con, so I would recommend contacting her if people are still unsure, or finding that thread again if possible.

It will be a pity, it was a lovely local con >.<

Jerseymilk
02-07-2008, 12:20 AM
Well AC3 is officially cancelled for this coming year people. This really sucks.:(

Saavik8
02-07-2008, 06:50 AM
Well this is saddening, for anyone that is interested this is the offical release of the cancelation of our beloved con

February 3, 2008
There has been a lot of speculation and rumour on the message boards recently regarding the future of AC-Cubed. I would like to formally announce what is truly going on.

For a number of reasons, we would like to formally announce that AC-Cubed will be taking a year break. There will be no AC-Cubed 2008. The reasons include problems finding a suitable location, to problems in staffing.

AC-Cubed's parent organization, SOAP will not be closing down. They will be working on a number of smaller events over the next year in leiu of the convention. It is hoped these events will rebuild the energy and enthusiasm that AC-Cubed needs if we hope to continue its growth and success.

Anybody who was interested in joining the staff for 2008 is still encouraged to join SOAP. Working on SOAP's other events will build experience and confidence to handle a large undertaking like AC-Cubed. It will be the best way to rebuild our team.

We hope this is the right decision and please know that it was not one made lightly. A lot of thought and soul searching went into this decision. AC-Cubed has been a continuing success and we feel this would be the best action to continue this success.

We are sorry to all our supporters, including the fans, sponsors and vendors. We hope this is a temporary measure.

The*Fallen*One*
02-07-2008, 08:28 AM
Now that truly does suck! I know that a lot of people were looking forward to the convention this year, and will all be extremely disappointed! I am surprised that they did not even consider reaching out to the community and their fans for any help at all prior to this decision. That is what truly angers me. Not to mention all of the artists who depend on the convention to show off their wares...

Bloody Hell... now what shall I do for the end of the year?

Saavik8
02-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Now that truly does suck! I know that a lot of people were looking forward to the convention this year, and will all be extremely disappointed! I am surprised that they did not even consider reaching out to the community and their fans for any help at all prior to this decision. That is what truly angers me. Not to mention all of the artists who depend on the convention to show off their wares...

I know what you mean, you would think that they would at least ask to see how much help they could get and if we had to pay more would we. Most of us would have been willing to pay the extra money and help out for a day or two. Hopefully it will be back in 2009, but I am not holding my breath. Maybe if there is enough intrest shown they will bring it back (if not for this year, but for the next) For now lets try to show SOAP that we would support the convention and volunteer if it happened. As for Ottawa Cosplay get togethers we will have to be content with smaller gatherings for the time being. I'm not saying that it will be the same but lets make the best of a bad situation

Jerseymilk
02-07-2008, 09:12 AM

Well they've also cancelled their group AN trip because they didn't have the foresight to book a block of hotel rooms early enough, so now they can't get anything nearby. -_-

Though I didn't believe those Hampton Inn guys for a second when they were claiming they'd have better facilities by the next con, so location being a factor doesn't suprise me at all. I'm very skeptical about this as well since I've seen cons try and "take a year off" before and then fade into oblivion. I'm quite worried that this is the end of AC3. :/

I'm also at the point where I say that us enclave of Ottawa area cosplayers, should just rely on making are own events throughout the year. Well, I'm trying to find something good from this, only thing is it saves me money and I get more costume-making time, but it's a sucky trade off for sure. It seems I may just be going to Otakuthon this summer after all.....

*Kumiko_Chan*
02-07-2008, 10:53 AM

lol,

IT'S YOU!...I think...frm genna's party xD

XNeverConformX
02-07-2008, 11:44 AM
IT'S YOU!...I think...frm genna's party xD

Yes, its me :P. And it is you!!! EPIC!!!! :)

CardMaster
02-07-2008, 02:20 PM
So ^people, who want to save they anime community. I preparing an event; the major probleme is not the money or space; is people. If you want to help me contact me in private. Sooner the better.

ky--Ice--
02-07-2008, 02:39 PM
THIS SUCKS!!!! WHY!??!!? I PRAYED FOR THIS NOT TO HAPPEN!!
I really hope it is indeed, 'just a year off' as they say...
Is there any way at all to change their decision on this? Please, there HAS to be! Ottawa has a huge otaku society (or even just fans!)...bigger then lots of cons... I'm confused!
Just when we got our plans together! We we're going to have a sonic group (Sonic, Tails, Shadow and myself as Knuckles)...and...and....*sobs*

Yaarrg, everything is pissing me off, damnit!

So ^people, who want to save they anime community. I preparing an event; the major probleme is not the money or space; is people. If you want to help me contact me in private. Sooner the better.

Can you post what your thinking?

CardMaster
02-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Replacing Ac3 this years, I mean, I do not belived they gonna to come back next years ( and nethier of you it seem).

I have a big place 50 000 feet square (Almost, I not taking every room at that place) avaible with a date protected. So we can have a con, if people are willing to help. 10-15 minute away from ottawa by bus. With bus passing at really frequent rate.

BUt you said yourself that you will be happy to help Ac3, so I pretty sure you want to help a local con.:)

Send me a PM for more info

kurumasha
02-08-2008, 05:35 AM
Hey there peoples,

So... I'm a fantabulous lurker on here. I haven't posted on the forums in the past as offiicial communication was to be kept to the AC-Cubed forums and email. I have been keeping an eye on the threads posted here, and have been keeping note (not in a bad way, but rather a "hrmm... okay" way) what you guys have been saying in regards to AC-Cubed 2008 and its cancellation.

The decision to put the con on hiatus for a year was definitely not one made lightly. Many factors did come into play on whether the con could be held this year; the three major ones were staffing, venue, and money. Staffing is probably the largest of the three: last year's planning staff was at max 24 people (I think we were as low as 18-20 at some points during the year with about a third of that being new staff). This meant that most events were planned and run by one or two people, who were also running and planning other events. (My section of four people had Masquerade, Artists' Alley, Art Contest, General Cosplay stuffs, all artwork/branding stuffs, signage and a few other things.) While this is doable, I *really* don't recommend it as it does really nasty things to your stress and anxiety levels. And while a con was able to be planned with this few staff, it was barely able to be executed with it, even with the addition of some volunteers at con.

Running a large multi-tier event like an anime convention requires a lot of work, patience, and dedication by all those involved. It's really easy to burn out, but sometimes it is worth it. Sometimes though, you do need to take a step back, and breathe. So this year, we're breathing. We're recruiting new staff and passing on our knowledge of what does and doesn't work for AC³ (as what may work at one con can totally fail at another). We're also looking at new ideas and events for the next convention and giving us a little more planning time so that they work *proplerly*.

We didn't cancel the convention out of spite (I'm going to miss the con, despite the stress it brings, I truly do enjoy running it and participating where I can), or because we don't want to support the community, but rather because we need to regroup. This regrouping will include running smaller events over the course of the year, supporting other local groups in running events, and training new staff for next year.

-Sha
AC-Cubed 2007 Exec (Art/Cosplay Department Director)

The*Fallen*One*
02-08-2008, 07:57 AM
Thank you, Miss Sha! You have always been able to clear up all kinds of confusion when it comes to the conventions. Glad that you were able to come in and clear up any stray ideas people had.

I understand how frustrating it can be when you do not have enough people to plan out any events, as well as when the staff that you do have are not up to the task presented to them at all. Working as an Assistant Manager does give you some good observations on people when they work. Because of this, I would like to volunteer to be a member of the SOAP staff. Could you please send me some information on when the meetings will be taking place, and where, so I would be able to attend the meetings?

Cardmaster; just because you have a huge space available, that doesn't mean that a convention would just spring up out of nowhere. Plus, I am sure that if SOAP was looking for a new location, they would still want it to be more central in Ottawa, making it easier for people to get to.

CardMaster
02-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Hey there peoples,

So... I'm a fantabulous lurker on here. I haven't posted on the forums in the past as offiicial communication was to be kept to the AC-Cubed forums and email. I have been keeping an eye on the threads posted here, and have been keeping note (not in a bad way, but rather a "hrmm... okay" way) what you guys have been saying in regards to AC-Cubed 2008 and its cancellation.

The decision to put the con on hiatus for a year was definitely not one made lightly. Many factors did come into play on whether the con could be held this year; the three major ones were staffing, venue, and money. Staffing is probably the largest of the three: last year's planning staff was at max 24 people (I think we were as low as 18-20 at some points during the year with about a third of that being new staff). This meant that most events were planned and run by one or two people, who were also running and planning other events. (My section of four people had Masquerade, Artists' Alley, Art Contest, General Cosplay stuffs, all artwork/branding stuffs, signage and a few other things.) While this is doable, I *really* don't recommend it as it does really nasty things to your stress and anxiety levels. And while a con was able to be planned with this few staff, it was barely able to be executed with it, even with the addition of some volunteers at con.

Running a large multi-tier event like an anime convention requires a lot of work, patience, and dedication by all those involved. It's really easy to burn out, but sometimes it is worth it. Sometimes though, you do need to take a step back, and breathe. So this year, we're breathing. We're recruiting new staff and passing on our knowledge of what does and doesn't work for AC³ (as what may work at one con can totally fail at another). We're also looking at new ideas and events for the next convention and giving us a little more planning time so that they work *proplerly*.

We didn't cancel the convention out of spite (I'm going to miss the con, despite the stress it brings, I truly do enjoy running it and participating where I can), or because we don't want to support the community, but rather because we need to regroup. This regrouping will include running smaller events over the course of the year, supporting other local groups in running events, and training new staff for next year.

-Sha
AC-Cubed 2007 Exec (Art/Cosplay Department Director)

First I know that this is hard work. I know also, the time required will be around 60h per week or more even with a good team. I know that AC-cubed did run into volonters problem. But I don't recall, not a least before 2005, have seen AC-cubed ask help in emergencie, nethier in the last 2 week where people did said they where ready to volonter. So on that point I think that Ac-cubed is really responsable for they condition. Now I know I need volonters and that they really willing to work, and the idea to do a con or not it strickly depending on this.

The*Fallen*One* Thank you, Miss Sha! You have always been able to clear up all kinds of confusion when it comes to the conventions. Glad that you were able to come in and clear up any stray ideas people had.

I understand how frustrating it can be when you do not have enough people to plan out any events, as well as when the staff that you do have are not up to the task presented to them at all. Working as an Assistant Manager does give you some good observations on people when they work. Because of this, I would like to volunteer to be a member of the SOAP staff. Could you please send me some information on when the meetings will be taking place, and where, so I would be able to attend the meetings?

Cardmaster; just because you have a huge space available, that doesn't mean that a convention would just spring up out of nowhere. Plus, I am sure that if SOAP was looking for a new location, they would still want it to be more central in Ottawa, making it easier for people to get to.

The Place can not more centre that any other Con AC-cubed did (Maybe except the crown plaza).10 minute from rideau center. The space is 50 000FEET SQUARE, and I getting almost everything in this place. Parking is avaible. Yes I need people and that why I doing call since this week. Yes this is a something that look impossible, but I prefer try because I think that it is more important than a downgrade event.

You want to help soap, good. I hope you will make the difference and that Shana will reply to you quickly.

ky--Ice--
02-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Ok ok, guys.

Hmm... I will have to think alot on this.

DJ_Izumi
02-09-2008, 12:31 AM
Wanna help SOAP? AC Cubed? The Ottawa Anime Community?

AC Cubed may be going to sleep until 2009 but that doesn't mean that SOAP is down for the count. With no convention to start planning for for another 9 months something has to fill the gap, we need to reorganize and get ready for 2009 as well as throw a series of events for the next year to make sure the Anime fans in Ottawa don't get bored.

All of you who say you'd like to help AC Cubed? This Friday, 5:30pm, Feb the 15th, at Carleton University, Minto Building, 5th Floor, Room 5050, Anime@Carleton is having their normal anime showing. We're taking advantage of this by having a meeting for SOAP events, volunteers, and even discussing 2009. We have some pretty big events forming for the next year and we need manpower to do them, idea people, resourceful people and just helping hands to get the work done.

Think of the next 9 months as a proving ground for the future of AC3, to build a team ready for 2009 so we don't get overloaded or problems resulting from understaffing or overworked staff.

The first event we are planning is coming up soon as well. March 15th in the Tory building of Carleton University we will be having SOAP's birthday. It will be a day of anime, video games, fun, and great cosplay opportunities. For those of you who do cosplay photography, Carleton's diverse designs are great for cosplay backgrounds. From publicly accessible tunnels that look like levels out of Doom or Half-Life to classrooms and halls ideal for that high school shoujo cosplay shoot. :)

For those of you who say you'd like to help SOAP, Friday is the day to show up and actually do it.

The*Fallen*One*
02-09-2008, 08:13 AM
Wanna help SOAP? AC Cubed? The Ottawa Anime Community?
For those of you who say you'd like to help SOAP, Friday is the day to show up and actually do it.

Damnit! I have to work until 5:30 that day... hmm, I might be able to leave a bit earlier, and catch the right busses... I will try my hardest to get there on time, if not a bit late..

Cardmaster: Are you just simply trying to take over SOAP's territory by throwing together your own con in an attempt to replace AC3? Just because they decided to take a year's hiatus, does not mean that you have the right to jump in and take away their convention. I know you have alot of grudges with AC3, mainly the fact that it is not Bilingual enough for you, or fully french like you would love to have it. But that is not the point of the con, most people who go to it speak English fluently, or enough to understand what everyone is saying and what is going on. If you want a more French convention, go to Otakukon, or make your con in Quebec. :hafha:

Sure, the offer of the space was an ok idea.. but it was too late to help at all. Perhaps if you had access to that space all along, you should have contacted SOAP ages ago!

Tsukasa_1
02-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Damnit! I have to work until 5:30 that day... hmm, I might be able to leave a bit earlier, and catch the right busses... I will try my hardest to get there on time, if not a bit late..

I am sure if you are a bit late they wouldn't mind ^^ I show up late for club meetings all the time because my class schedule usually gets in the way...

Drakkos
02-09-2008, 11:13 AM
ill be going too right after Class

DJ_Izumi
02-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Showing up late will be just fine. It will even be a bit of a social event, since there will be anime to be seen and some of us will grab food, hang out, and just enjoy ourselves. :)

Ryocha
02-09-2008, 08:48 PM
This sounds like it could be interesting~ I'll see what I can do in terms of getting a ride, since both of my 'rents work that day and I have no bus fares (or money, for that matter >_>).

DJ_Izumi
02-09-2008, 09:14 PM
The Minto building is one of the easiest to find at Carleton too. As the bus stop and OTrain station are basicly RIGHT infront of it, just across the road. No getting lost on campus. :3

Saavik8
02-10-2008, 06:47 PM
aww i'm performing in my school play that friday T_T could someone let me know what happened?

Skyetaru
02-10-2008, 08:35 PM
Is leaving early ok too? I'd really like to come, but I've got a school event that night, so I wouldn't be able to stay for the whole thing ):

DJ_Izumi
02-10-2008, 08:42 PM
If you can only stay for 30-60mins that's fine. We can at least take your nanme and get information and talk with you. We're making this meeting somewhat informal in hopes of accomodating everyone who wants to come when they can come. :)

Jesa
02-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Okay, since I tried to help out last year and would be interested in helping again more in the organization area, I will be trying to drop in on Friday to see what's happening. That day, however, is the last rehearsal before my show packs off to Montreal, and since I'm assisting with stage management it's my job to stick around as long as necessary to make sure everything is ready to go. With any luck I can come around 6:30, if that's all right, since I'm only a few minutes' bus away from Carleton. Looking forward to seeing everyone again...

DJ_Izumi
02-10-2008, 11:43 PM
Me and at least one other staff from AC3 will be present untill at least 10:00pm, so when ever you can come, it's great. :)

Drakkos
02-11-2008, 01:05 PM
aww i'm performing in my school play that friday T_T could someone let me know what happened?

Sure i will tell you everything on the Forums

Saavik8
02-11-2008, 03:35 PM
Sure i will tell you everything on the Forums

thanks a ton ^__^

Drakkos
02-15-2008, 09:49 AM
See you all there Tonight !!

Drakkos
02-15-2008, 11:14 PM
Today Meeting was about what each person had as ideas and what each person can do like i probably do some website and do some programing and help out in each domain if i can so it was pertly cool

DJ_Izumi
02-16-2008, 08:16 AM
I also hope that those that showed up had some, ya know, fun. :)

Jerseymilk
02-16-2008, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the review of the meeting Drakkos. I felt bad because I couldn't make the meeting. :(

Drakkos
02-16-2008, 02:53 PM
I also hope that those that showed up had some, ya know, fun. :)
I had a blast it was soo fun!

Ryocha
02-17-2008, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the review of the meeting Drakkos. I felt bad because I couldn't make the meeting. :(

They have an official meeting two weeks from now, so you could go to that if you want to! I don't know the location, however.

DJ_Izumi
02-17-2008, 09:41 AM
Unless things change, offical meetings would be held at Algonquin College, Saturday Afteroon, B building. :)

Drakkos
02-23-2008, 09:59 AM
When is it exacly because i work on saturday :(

DJ_Izumi
02-23-2008, 02:14 PM
March 1st, 1:00pm B166 Algonquin‏

And email was sent out and we compiled a new mailing list with the additions of those who showed up at Carleton. Did you not get the email? What email address did you give me agian? I may have written it down wrong and you may want to check your spam filter, mailing list emails can get caught there too. :)

Drakkos
02-24-2008, 02:45 PM
ill be there on the march 1 but i got to be at work for 5pm

ky--Ice--
02-25-2008, 02:58 PM
Ah, was there alot of turn out?

It's pretty far ahead, but I'll be staying at Algonquin the secound week of May...

The*Fallen*One*
02-25-2008, 06:47 PM
I will be there for the meeting! Don't know if I have D&D that evening though.. but that is at 6pm, so plenty of time!

Ryocha
02-26-2008, 06:39 PM
I think you may have got my email wrong, since I didn't get anything of the sort. o.o And how long will the meeting last? (I get out of school around 2:45, you see.)

Jesa
02-27-2008, 12:04 AM
Auuugghhhh, SOAP's scheduling just seems to be permanently in conflict with my show this month. Cannot make it to March 1 either. Hopefully I'll be able to at least come to the birthday party!

Jerseymilk
02-27-2008, 08:53 AM
I think you may have got my email wrong, since I didn't get anything of the sort. o.o And how long will the meeting last? (I get out of school around 2:45, you see.)

You attend school on Saturday? 0.0

Ryocha
02-27-2008, 09:16 AM
You attend school on Saturday? 0.0
What?
*checks agenda*
Oh, my bad then - I thought March 1st was on Friday for some reason. I'll most likely be able to make it then. x3

DJ_Izumi
02-27-2008, 12:38 PM
*checks*

Yes... It seems you are a hotmail user where I wrote down 'homail.com' and you are probably not in need of a Homail because you are not a ho at all... >.>

Well... Now ya know anyway. ^_^; And we'll fix that email thing today. -.-;

Jerseymilk
02-27-2008, 03:21 PM
*checks*

Yes... It seems you are a hotmail user where I wrote down 'homail.com' and you are probably not in need of a Homail because you are not a ho at all... >.>

Actually..... *gets kicked in the back of the head by Claire's foot* :schitzo:

Ryocha
02-27-2008, 05:05 PM
Actually..... *gets kicked in the back of the head by Claire's foot* :schitzo:

Oh, you did NOT just go there! :mad:
Someone's getting their ass dropkicked the next time I see them!

And it's alright for the mix-up, it's an honest mistake I'm sure. x3

...I hope its an honest mistake. XD

Skyetaru
02-27-2008, 06:43 PM
How long will the meeting last? I work till 3 on saturday ):

DJ_Izumi
02-27-2008, 08:50 PM
It's hard to tell, sometimes were there till 5. @_@ Or 6 or 7... But that's when we're getting closer to the con.

This meeting is open, so anyone who'd like to get involved with SOAP or look into getting involved with SOAP is welcome to attend. :)

DJ_Izumi
02-29-2008, 12:23 PM
I'm heading off to anime@carleton tonight, which would be 5050 Minto at Carleton at 5:30 onward. This isn't an offical soap thing however, it's just good for the anime folk to get together and there's potential for discussion of the stuff for tomorrow during the offical meeting. Just sayin' so. :)

Thoras
03-01-2008, 10:28 AM
I've finally moved up to Ottawa and am interested in helping soap out and getting involved etc. Can anyone show up to the meeting today or is it just members etc?

Jerseymilk
03-01-2008, 10:51 AM
I've finally moved up to Ottawa and am interested in helping soap out and getting involved etc. Can anyone show up to the meeting today or is it just members etc?

I get the sense that they're always open to welcome new people into the group, especially at the moment with the recent setbacks. Oh and great to have you now closer. Hopefully you'll be able to hang with us all more.^^

Ryocha
03-01-2008, 03:43 PM
I get the sense that they're always open to welcome new people into the group, especially at the moment with the recent setbacks. Oh and great to have you now closer. Hopefully you'll be able to hang with us all more.^^

We got a few new members today. x3 And the next few months look pretty eventful, if anything else. Must get money to fund it! ;_;