PDA

View Full Version : InuYasha Cosplayers Unite!! [insert-sparkly-anime-smile-here]

-GlacialMai-
11-23-2007, 04:40 AM
Ok, we all know Inuyasha: The anime that had a really bad movie, spawned four movies, plenty of cds, and a slew of people to wear white dog ears.

My question is: Are you an Inuyasha cosplayer?!

Come one, come all, and release your feelings about cosplaying the pervy monk, [or in my case, slapping the pervy monk], or wearing that red kimono sitting half-finished by your sewing machine.

So, first of all......Who are you planning to cosplay as and where?

My answer: Sango, Kimono Outfit at KumoriCon 08. The cosutme itself is completely done except for the blue scarf [which isn't a nessecity, seeing as she only wears it come of the time.....Right?!:waaaah: :eeek: ] . I'm working on Hiraikotsu adn I'm trying to figure out if I can make it any smoother...It's a foam base covered in tape, and a little duct tape, rigid wrapped a few, about 4'9'' tall......Any suggestions? If I sand it too much, then it'll rip right through the rigid wrap. I want to cover it in that paper-ish tape and then spray paint it and add the accessories.....

Oh, yeah....any idea how to go about the accessories?

Yume Yokohama
11-23-2007, 12:48 PM
I crossplayed Sesshoumaru this pass year at AWA. I plan to crossplay him again this year.

Inuyasha_Kun
11-23-2007, 01:31 PM
I am in an Inuyasha cosplayer and I cosplay Inuyasha himself... and I am a girl so basically I crossdress as him. He is fun to cosplay as ^.^ next costume my commisioner is going to be working on for me is an EGL inuyasha and she is going to be the Kagome.. turned male.. lol I can't wait!

AmiRose
11-23-2007, 03:05 PM
I have crossplayed Inuyasha. ^.^ I also had Tessaiga, not so big as the real one, but still. The funniest memory of that costume is that, when I was in Animecon 5. The first people, who talked to me was one (of the million) Kagome cosplayer. It went something like this:
Inuyasha: "Kagome, what the hell are you doing here?"
Kagome: "I should ask the same question from you! And by the way, Inuyasha... OSUWARI! Osuwari, osuwari, osuwari, osuwari, osuwari!!!"

Then I only played my role and got smashed to the ground many many times. That wasn't the only time when I hear "osuwari" or "sit boy". X) My knees were allmost black when I checked them in the evening. ^^''

inuyashasgurl
11-23-2007, 03:27 PM
I cosplay as Kagome and kikyou. At your service ^_^
I cosplay more as kagome though *hugs kouga plushie*

sweet_magic
11-23-2007, 04:24 PM
I'm currently working on my Kagura costume for AWA next year. =3 It'll be my first InuYasha cosplay.

-GlacialMai-
11-23-2007, 05:27 PM
I'm currently working on my Kagura costume for AWA next year. =3 It'll be my first InuYasha cosplay.

Ooo, it's always good too see a Kagura cosplayer....I don't see 'em a lot at KumoriCon, though.... T.T

inuyashasgurl
11-23-2007, 05:30 PM
Ooo, it's always good too see a Kagura cosplayer....I don't see 'em a lot at KumoriCon, though.... T.T

I rarely see one at otkon or any of the cons i go to......

-GlacialMai-
11-23-2007, 05:53 PM
Yeah.......Though usually when you DO see them, they're either really bad or really good....I don't see a lot in the middle.

RenChan
11-23-2007, 06:36 PM
I plan on being Kirara to Syd-chan's Sango -- I haven't seen a lot of Kirara's so yay. XD I'm going for a more catgirl/anthro costume rather than a fursuit, seeing as KumoriCon is in the summer. Someday I want to cosplay as Rin, and I want to have a go at Sango's slayer outfit as well.

Inuyasha_Kun
11-23-2007, 08:18 PM
At A-kon last year I did see a really good Kagura cosplay.. it was a very good cosplay...whe was with a naraku and a kanna ...

And this year at Animefest I met a really nice Sesshoumaru's momma ^.^ haha you guys can look in my gallery ^.^ this year at Izumi-con (oklahomas first and biggest convention we had a pretty good Inuyasha turn out. Those pics are also up on my gallery...

inuyashasgurl
11-23-2007, 10:06 PM
i saw a really good kirara cosplay at otakon this year.Its in my gallery. They had a full size sesshoumaru well dog demon i mean it was cool ^_^

pmastamonkmonk
11-24-2007, 02:58 AM
crossplayed as Jakotsu! :D It was fun except my wig was really back heavy, I need to find a way to keep it on my head XD

Naraku's Kanna
11-24-2007, 04:15 AM
My very first cosplay ever was Kanna. My first con ever I ran into my lovely InuYasha group, which seems to slowly be dissolving. Back then I had a horrible silver wig with awful huge flowers. My mirror was falling apart, but the kimono was hand sewn by my older sister and has lasted me years. I love my Kanna kimono and how it's made, for it easily stores things.

I have a better wig now with flowers that were hand sewn my me. My mirror really still needs work, but I won't be bringing Kanna out as often since our group is falling apart.

inuyashasgurl
11-24-2007, 10:33 AM
I know how it is with your group falling apart.At the last convention i went to i had the little group for our photoshoot of kagome kouga sango and miroku.*sigh* oh well what can you do right?But maybe the group will get bigger again ^_^

kikyo82
11-24-2007, 01:56 PM
I've cosplayed as Kagome and for Dtac I'm going as Kikyo.

inuyashasgurl
11-24-2007, 02:05 PM
I have cosplayed as Kikyou for Anime USA 2005 but it fell apart at Cherry blossom fest because it was raining and my kimono was made from silk and velvet. But at that time that was the onely one i had.
Do you use a bow for kikyo when you cosplay as her?

kikyo82
11-24-2007, 02:21 PM
No I don't.

inuyashasgurl
11-24-2007, 02:29 PM
Oh. ^_^ It was just a curiousity that i had

altosaxjazzcat
11-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Hello! My husband and I are going to Anime St. Louis in march (It'll be our first con), and I am going as Kagome and he is going as Inuyasha. We haven't gotten our costumes yet, but seeing as how neither of us can sew we'll probably just get em off of ebay. ^_^

Tenkage-chan
11-24-2007, 04:12 PM
Oooh! Me! Me! I recently added Kagome-chan to my repertoire! (And I got some great 'sit!" pictures with an Inu Yasha at NDK!)

Edit!: And I'll be bringing her to Anime Expo '08! We're getting a gathering going!

Inuyasha_Kun
11-24-2007, 06:39 PM
Man it kind of sucks how here in the centeral states, no one dresses up as Inuyasha characters... I mean... hardly anyone at A-kon and hardly anyone at Animefest.. x.x... I had my group at Izumi-con though.. my group is growing and we will be going to A-kon! Anyone wanny join my Inuyasha group? I have a Sango, a Kilala, me (Inuyasha) Kagome Shippou maybe a Kohaku and a Miroku I love are small group ^.^ oh and I will have a shippou to! Of course any Inuyasha fan is able to join our cosplay group!

Oh! and I am planning on going to NDK next year! I have never been, my friend J-chan wants me to come!

Oh and I have done lots and lots of sits... x.x they don't hurt as I am much used to them...

Naraku's Kanna
11-24-2007, 07:26 PM
Man it kind of sucks how here in the centeral states, no one dresses up as Inuyasha characters... I mean... hardly anyone at A-kon and hardly anyone at Animefest.. x.x...

At A-kon my group was sort of about. We had our Naraku and he's the one that holds us all together. ^^; He's back in georgia now though... If you went to the InuYasha party you probably saw us. XD We took up a whole round table and kept winning things. The Sesshy's mom you meantioned earlier was with us for a while too. ^^ She's a real sweetheart and her costume is amazing.

At Animefest I didn't pull out my Kanna costume this year even though I brought it with me. =( My InuYasha didn't get to room with us due to work and school. No one in my group was really around.

Inuyasha_Kun
11-24-2007, 07:33 PM
Naraku's Kanna- Yeah, I met Sesshys mom out of costume to and talked to her at AnimeFest! I love her! Oh and I did go to the Inuyasha party that one year... A-kon 17 wasn't it? Well anyway yeah I did go to that one. That was an okay party.. wished they had better thigns to show then then Inuyasha 3rd movie! lol I tried doing my AMVs but the DVD player didn't play them..

You could have pulled out your kanna costume for the Inuyasha photoshoot at Animefest..... we wouldn't have minded.. actually I was wondering where you were x.x I really don't mind if others want to join in on the photoshoots... thats what photoshoots are about.. your supposed to have fun...

kikyo82
11-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Oh. ^_^ It was just a curiousity that i had

I hope you didn't think that my comment was too abrupt, if it was I apologize. Please don't be offended if I give short answers like that.

inuyashasgurl
11-24-2007, 08:56 PM
I hope you didn't think that my comment was too abrupt, if it was I apologize. Please don't be offended if I give short answers like that.

No i wasnt offended at all ^_^ Dont worry.I was just wondering cause i know some kikyo cosplayers use the bow and some dont.I used my soul collector that a friends sister made for me. He was short but thats ok. Im going to make one next year or when ever i get a chance to that i can basically make another one longer and maybe have him wrap around me and its head on my shoulder. But i probably wont since i now cosplay mostly as Kagome and i Have my own Kouga ^_^

kikyo82
11-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Ya, I don't like to have extra stuff on me when I'm cosplaying, it gets in the way and someone might steal the bow and arrows if I have them in a quiver on my back.:hafha:

Inuyasha_Kun
11-24-2007, 10:46 PM
I just end up hitting people with the tetsusaiga or the sheathed tetsusaiga.. x.x

Hikaruchan
11-25-2007, 01:35 PM
I have done a lot of InuYasha cosplay over the years.

Costumes I have done. Inu no Taishou, Sesshoumaru's mother, Naraku, Kagome, InuYasha(retired, since I didn't make most of that one).

Probably will finish up at least one of the 3 in progress IY costumes I have laying around next year.

ardhri
11-25-2007, 04:30 PM
I was Naraku this year, in his non-baboon outfit (NO WAY was I wearing fur in July!). Hardly anyone knew who I was though, which sucked. :( Did meet up with the awesome Inu group at Otakon, though.

He needs a new wig, though, if I want to wear him again.

-GlacialMai-
11-25-2007, 08:39 PM
Hmmm....Would anyone have an idea on what to do for Sango's neck/bandana thingie? Here are some reference pics:

http://images.quizilla.com/H/hopegoddess21/1070699176_olderSango.jpg

http://www.tvcatalunya.com/tvcmult/121638273.jpg

I'm thinking light blue bandana or fabric and white fabric paint...But what would the design be?

altosaxjazzcat
11-26-2007, 02:25 PM
hmmm good question. I was thinking maybe big square-ish spirals? That is kinda what they look like to me :)

inuyashasgurl
11-27-2007, 05:17 PM
Get a big blue bandana and sew on the squarish spirals?Thats my idea i dont know if it will help or not.

rem11
11-27-2007, 10:38 PM
i'm gunna be cosplaying Inuyasha at anime north 08, i would go for DTAC as well but my friend who's coming with me asked me not to cause he doesn't have a costume ready xD

Inuyasha_Kun
11-28-2007, 12:12 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/dokikitty/NDVD_001.jpg

A better picture of Sango's scarf.. with uhhh Inuyasha either picking or scratching at his nose...

Bahzi
11-29-2007, 07:59 PM
I have made 4 Inuyasha costumes.

Shippou (this one is actually on ebay right now)
Karan the fire Panther Demon (one of the 3 sisters from that arc with the giant cat demon that fought Sessy and Inu's dad)
Sesshoumaru
Miroku for my boyfriend (this one was kinda ghetto, as it was just for a skit)

I am considering a 5th, though as to which character, I don't know. I like Kaguya's design, but nothing's definate.

Any suggestions? Anything skin exposing or spandexy is out. ^^;

WilwarinAndamar
11-30-2007, 12:08 AM
I've cosplayed Ayame for two cons and other events. It's one of my favorite costumes that I've made, and one of the few that I've worn multiple times.

FaeandMerfolk
11-30-2007, 11:01 AM
I just found this thread. I did Sango for InuYasha_Kun's group, I plan to do her Kimono outfit too. I think I'll make a plain Kimono and a large scarf, then just paint the design on to get the effect I want for it all. :) Must find a new black wigh though. lol

Hey Inu_kun.. ::attack Huggles:: I'm here to stay... even bought a Kirara plushy so I'll have the little version with me

Inuyasha_Kun
12-03-2007, 06:57 PM
Fae: YAY ^.^ *huggles her Sango tightly* hehe my sango... I hope you go to A-kon! we should have a bigger group! and I hope gidget decides to do Kohaku that would be so cool!! I would just... I don't know.. die.... *falls over*

Enmy
01-02-2011, 08:47 PM
I'm going to cosplay as Kanna at Anime Evolution, Sakura-Con, and maybe Bite of Seattle.

ruffianlady
01-03-2011, 06:31 PM
I'm going to cosplay sesshomaru's mother, don't really know were yet but maybe at londonexpo this fall. It will be my first inuyasha cosplay.

xButterflyBones
02-09-2011, 11:51 AM
I'm going to be cosplaying Kagura and I am in the process of working on it right now :)

tunesonatuesday
02-09-2011, 01:46 PM
I'm going to be cosplaying Kagura and I am in the process of working on it right now :)

I love Kagura! She's definitely on my to-do list, but I've been doing nothing but kimono lately (five of my past and current cosplays have traditional clothes) so I want to get away from it for a while before I go back to it.

You should post in the InuYasha Discussion thread, I think it's more active than this one.

Blood_Sword
02-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Ooh, Kagura! That I'd love to see!

but I've been doing nothing but kimono lately (five of my past and current cosplays have traditional clothes) so I want to get away from it for a while before I go back to it.

Actually, all the cosplays I've done so far have consisted of kimonos... and probably 90% of the to-do characters in my cosplay list wears kimonos too... :rolleyes:

tunesonatuesday
02-09-2011, 08:01 PM
They're fairly simple to make and you can decorate them and make them so pretty, but I'm just getting tired of them. I want to make other things.

I think after Miroku and Sango I'm going to do Dawn/Hikari/Platina from Pokemon.

Narnian
02-21-2011, 11:46 AM
I'm working on a demon slayer Sango cosplay. I'm hoping to have it ready by August. I don't know what con or cons I'll be wearing it to yet.
I'm really excited though. Sango is my favorite character from Inuyasha. I adore her demon slayer outfit. So far I've found the fabric to use for the body suit. It's a Milliskin Matte (Tricot), Four Way Stretch in black that can be found at Spandex House. I think I'm going to use foam covered in vinyl for the armor, but it's still up in the air. I'm hoping to use a silk for the binding and embroider the golden design. I want to make her demon slayer outfit look as plausible as possible.

LadyRaven69
03-16-2011, 06:56 PM
Wow...Inuyasha fans have really dwindled down...If I could find a group to cosplay with in SD I'd prob be Kagura, Kagome or Kikyo.

MissLunatic
03-17-2011, 09:08 AM
I'm working on a demon slayer Sango cosplay. I'm hoping to have it ready by August. I don't know what con or cons I'll be wearing it to yet.
I'm really excited though. Sango is my favorite character from Inuyasha. I adore her demon slayer outfit. So far I've found the fabric to use for the body suit. It's a Milliskin Matte (Tricot), Four Way Stretch in black that can be found at Spandex House. I think I'm going to use foam covered in vinyl for the armor, but it's still up in the air. I'm hoping to use a silk for the binding and embroider the golden design. I want to make her demon slayer outfit look as plausible as possible.

I could so picture you as Sango (partly due to your great Toph ;) although they don't have thaaat much in comon) :) I'm looking forward to it.^^

Besides just want to add my Inuyasha cos or my two rather xD.
In August 08 Kagura was my very first cos :). It was really great. My sis as Sesshomaru and a friend as Kagome (with her pink bike :)) and me were roaming our first con^^.
Although my cos is far from perfect due to some mishaps I am actually thinking about wearing it again since some friends want to cosplay Inuyasha and Sesshomaru this year. But unfortunately I have other conplans that day -.-. Well, we could still go out shooting a little :).
I also cosplayed Ayame from the fillers. The problem is: I literally lost that cos -.-''. But mayyybe I might really remake it one day in the future.

I love older animes afterall :) although I like to cos mainstream series too.

Blood_Sword
03-17-2011, 03:40 PM
Wow...Inuyasha fans have really dwindled down...If I could find a group to cosplay with in SD I'd prob be Kagura, Kagome or Kikyo.
Don't worry, some of us still exist. :D

Too bad I live in Finland... so you won't find me there, haha.

sweet_magic
04-26-2011, 03:39 PM
I finally got around to completing my Kagura costume! :)

You can check out some of the photos here (http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/207762/).

Hypernova8
04-27-2011, 07:09 AM

Well, I cosplayed as inuyasha during Comic fiesta 2010. In my country, inuyasha cosplayers are like less than 10 only? LoL. Manage to meet two of them though on first day of da event.

kenpachifangirl
07-27-2011, 10:44 PM
I had cosplayed as Kagome awhile back. This year though my sister (Shatrixx) Had made a partial fursuit of Sesshoumaru when he is in dog form. Maybe she'll put a pic up sometime.