PDA

View Full Version : Michigan ACen recovery therapy group

venus2869
05-30-2003, 06:52 AM
Greetings mina-san from Michigan!!

I was wondering since I saw all the locals from chicago starting up their group to hang out with, I wanted to know if anyone from Michigan wanted to do the same?

Since I saw sooo many Michigan people at the con, and we're all still going through ACen withdrawl(I"ve got it soo bad, I'm planning on moving out to Chicago over the summer!) I thought that if we got together, have picnics & such, that it would help & be cool to see each other again!

Please get back to me on this, since the summer is comming up very soon!!

BTW, anyone from Michigan(or surrounding area) is welcome!

Bansaku
05-30-2003, 07:11 AM
I think that's a really good idea if it can get organized. There's really a lot of people from Michigan but not much here for them. Including me ^^; I'd definitely come.

Noritzu
05-30-2003, 08:06 AM
Yay! sounds great. only problem is if and when this gets set up how im gonna get a ride to the event *_*

Mizuho
05-30-2003, 12:40 PM
Hey, I'm totally there!

What kind of event might it be? Photoshoot/picnic? I wouldn't mind bringing some food or something. :D

Does anyone have a fairly decent camera they could bring?

I have an old-fashioned Pentax camera that I can lug along, and while I've gotten great results with it before from some photography I did back in high school, I can't guarantee anything too great...

For everybody: any suggestions on what city would be good for you, or any cities that you know might be good for a mini cosplay event? I think Ann Arbor might be a cool city to do it in, but any other suggestions are welcome! :D

For anyone who didn't know about JAFAX, which is a small anime convention at Grand Valley State University in Alpena, Michigan (--I think!), I'm just sharing the word that you guys might want to check it out. :)

venus2869
05-30-2003, 01:00 PM
Well, I was thinking more on the lines of if everyone could get together every weekend and just hang out, take pics, talk about each other's projects & other cosplay(and ACen as well as other cons) related things.

I'm in Southeastern Michigan(Macomb County) & I work at Buffalo Wild Wings, so I could help somewhat with food. It would be cool to catch up with all of you!

Ann Arbor would be ok, anyone else got any ideas(besides meeting up at my work place in Mt. Clemens?)

Edit: there are quite a few parks in my area that would be great photo shoot locations!

Andrea
05-30-2003, 02:56 PM
Heh, I'm from Michigan and going through con withdrawal, but seeing as I'm in the southwest corner, Ann Arbor is almost as far for me as Chicago, so it really wouldn't be any closer.

Not that I'd mind the drive to either place, honestly, except that I'm unemployed and my car is on crack the last month or so. I was scared I wouldn't even get home from the con, really.

Sigh... I suppose I'll just continue scaring people in the local parks with random photoshoots. ;)

Scrapps
05-30-2003, 10:15 PM
Grand Valley is in Allendale...it's by Grand Rapids. I'm going and so is at least one other member from the board...*forgot name >_<*

I love BDubs! They have woodchuck on tap! Ann Arbor could be good too, we could make a big trip to WizzyWig! Or I could just be lazy and say East Lansing (MSU)..heh heh...it's got lots of green space I swear! Although much construction because there aren't many people here during the summer. Well where is everyone located in the state?

So far we have:
Me-East Lansing
Venus-Macomb county
Andrea-K-zoo
Mizuho-Rochester

Hmm...I may be able to steal my friend's pentax (it's purdy) and maybe my friend to take pics...who knows!

Scrapps desu

SoulCrash
05-30-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by venus2869
(I"ve got it soo bad, I'm planning on moving out to Chicago over the summer!)

If you're 100% sure on doing this, find a place in the North Side. Cause the South, and West Side is the most dangerous areas in Chicago. Trust me...

pyro anarchy
05-31-2003, 12:50 AM
Hi!! I'm from Michigan around the Grand Rapids area.
I think it's awesome idea if we try to organize it out.
Out of topic I'm wondering if any of you Michigan people are planning to go to Jafax this year at Grand Valley.

A DDR LeGend
05-31-2003, 04:21 AM
Hey Venus, come to chi-town and hit me up, i'll show ya a few places ;)

Noritzu
06-01-2003, 06:22 PM
hey scrapps add me to the list. i live in Jackson and definatly want to be part of this little get together ^_^

Special K
06-13-2003, 03:25 PM
Bah. i leave Cosplay.com for 2 weeks and what happens...

You can count me in, Venus. Of course, you already knew that...

:cheers:

The-Real-Link
09-24-2003, 03:26 AM
Hello! I'm from Milford, around the Novi area. Right now I'm attending UDM in Detroit but perhaps I can work something out. Please look in the seeking cosplayers thread "Any Cosplayers In Southeast Michigan?" for more info.

Anyone going to the Mich, Renaissance Festival on the 28th?

Gryphonic_Angel
10-10-2003, 09:59 PM
hey guys. I started another post about michigan cosplayers. I said southeastern MI but Everyone is invited.

here's the thread
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=19551

ZeroGenerator
04-27-2004, 12:44 AM
Woot! Sorry sorry, I just signed up and found this, dunno how old it is. But it's me! AAron! ^_^ So you know I would sign up, hell I have to, you already said you would adopt me ne? Well, take luck.
AA-Kun

Catboi Blues
04-27-2004, 11:51 AM
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=19551 Yup, still going strong too. Here's where you should be posting. Also, it was good seeing you at the BBQ this last weekend.