PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts 2

Farmboybob
05-30-2003, 03:50 PM
Hi, I was wondering if anyone here could help me find 2 things, in this order:

1. Pictures of people cosplaying as the unknowns from the KH2 preview "Deep Dive" and...

2. Pictures of the unknowns to use for future references(I'm thinking about making a costume of the unknown guy in the KH2 "Deep Dive" preview)
Also to make things clearer, it is the guy with the duel keyblades.

Thanks! Also, I just need the links, you dont have to slow the page down by posting all the pics here.:skidude2:

Farmboybob
06-01-2003, 07:29 PM
Also, I need help finding clear pics of the duel keyblades. Please assist.
Thanks! :D

Kairi04
06-01-2003, 11:27 PM
I did some research on KH2 and here are the results: There happens to be three Unknowns. They are Mickey Mouse, Future Riku, and Future Sora. About those duel keyblades that you mentioned, I'm 100% sure that one of the keyblades is Oblivion and I think the other one is Lionheart. There are pictures of all the keyblades (including these) in the official stragedy guide which I happen to have. I can draw some scetches with color of these keyblades for you if you'd like so that you would have some closeup pictures of them but, as I said before, I only think that Lionheart is one of them and my research showed that Oblivion is Definately the other one. I'll check the Deep Dive preview that I have on VHS and hopefully I can pause it at the right moment to idenify the other keyblade for you.

ducky_feet
06-01-2003, 11:39 PM
The second keyblade is Oathkeeper. You can see the keychain on the keyblade in a few shots during the FMV, showing that it's Oathkeeper. There were a few threads in the 'Video Game' forum about how many cloaked characters and who they are in 'Deep Dive', so you can check those out, too. ^___^

jen_kat
06-01-2003, 11:56 PM
Yeah, there have been some threads about these topics already. Here are some links to those threads.

Kingdom Hearts 2 thread (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10594)
Kingdom Hearts Final Mix thread (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9023)
Deep Dive (Kindgom Hearts Final Mix) thread (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7051)

Ducky_feet's right, the dual blades are the Oblivion and the Oathkeeper, which have the Japanese kanji for [Yami - Dark] and [Hikari - Light], respectively. There can only be speculations as to who those other Unknowns are until they are actually confirmed, if they ever are confirmed. Deep Dive is a side story, and therefore might not actually be any indication of what is going to be present in Kingdom Hearts 2.

ducky_feet
06-02-2003, 12:06 AM
Just to clear up any doubt over the second keyblade, here are a couple of screenshots that show it's Oathkeeper, along with a reference picture of the keyblade.

Reference Image (http://www.sfu.ca/~asoo/oathkeeper.jpg)
Screenshot 1 (http://www.sfu.ca/~asoo/oathkeeper01.jpg)
Screenshot 2 (http://www.sfu.ca/~asoo/oathkeeper02.jpg)

Farmboybob
06-02-2003, 09:28 AM
Thank you guys soo much! You have been a big help to me and now I think I have enough info to get started! :D

caelestis
06-02-2003, 08:36 PM
here's what I found (as I am planning on going as an Unknown.. but probably not until Akon 15 unless there's a con close by to Houston beforehand and I'm not broke).

Oathkeeper:
http://kiryoku.net/sora/weapon/oathkeeper.gif

Oblivion:
http://kiryoku.net/sora/weapon/oblivion.gif

and the Unknown from Final Mix can be found on the jap KH site.. but if you can't navigate through it that well because you can't read the Japanese (I can only read some), here's the official pic:
http://www.geocities.com/zeppelin307/theunknown.jpg

Dunno how well that last one will work because geocities is well... craptastic most of the time. Should you have any problems with the last one, PM me and I'll see if I can help any ^_^

Farmboybob
06-03-2003, 09:20 AM
Sweet caelestis! Thanks a bunch!:D

caelestis
06-03-2003, 10:49 AM
Good luck if you're going to go as the Unknown and make the keyblades ^-^ I know I'm already getting started because it's going to take ages to make a keyblade that will withstand my abuse.

What I would love to know though is if anyone else is thinking of going to Akon or another con I may be going to as an Unknown and maybe going as a trio of the three unknonwns-- I think that would kinda be cool *shrug*

marsie
06-04-2003, 05:19 PM
Okay what color of wig would you get for Kairi? I was thinking red but all the red's I am seeing are RED.
What do you all think?

Farmboybob
06-04-2003, 06:15 PM
Maybe a dark magenta or some other off red color. Sorry if that doesn't help much.(I'm not too good with colors.)

khamryn
06-05-2003, 09:31 AM
Auburn. :p

Farmboybob
06-05-2003, 04:13 PM
Ok, I have another question now.
What, in your opinion, would be the best way to go about making Oblivion and the Oathkeeper? Any sugestions?

khamryn
06-08-2003, 09:34 PM
Hmm...

Wood.. I always think of wood cuz my best friend makes props out of wood and they always turn out realllyy good.

Farmboybob
06-09-2003, 04:06 PM
Ok great! Thanks for the idea.
Just in case I can't do it that way, are there any other suggestions. (I'm not very good at cutting wood.)

Farmboybob
06-10-2003, 11:40 AM
Ok now I have another question, could somebody find out who this person is so I can ask how that sword was made (it's one of the swords I need to make)

http://images.cosplay.com/photo.php?photo=3258&exhibition=24

Thanks for your time, and attention.:D

RadicalDreamer
06-10-2003, 09:16 PM
What kind of wood is another good question. You can't exactly make them out of balsa. Well, unless you want them to fly.

khamryn
06-11-2003, 11:12 AM
I don't know what that sword is made of, but as for what kind of wood..

I talked to Will about it at one point and he suggested pine. That way its not uber-heavy, but won't break at the drop of a hat either.

Farmboybob
06-11-2003, 03:57 PM
Pine huh? Hmm, maybe. This sounds like a good plan but I'm not the best woodcutter. Are there any other suggestions other then wood. Thanks. (and thanks for your help khamryn) :D

DreamKydd
06-11-2003, 11:14 PM
best site to check out the deep dive and the whole KH2 theories and what nots.....

http://www.ansemreport.com

it's said that there's 4 unknowns... 5 if u count mickey.

but yeah.... prepare to see the unknowns at CNAX this year. ^_^

making keyblades are great!!

Farmboybob
06-12-2003, 12:48 PM
Yeah, I've been to ansemreport.com, they have some good info, but I still need to know other ways of making the keyblades other then wood because I don't think I'll be able to make it that way. Thanks! ^_-

DreamKydd
06-13-2003, 01:27 AM
buy it on ebay! ^_^

ducky_feet
06-13-2003, 02:11 AM
You could try foamcore or Gatorboard, although I'm not sure how strong it would be if you made it out of that.

DreamKydd
06-13-2003, 08:21 AM
ducky feets pretty much right.... only thing u can use is some kind of foam.....

if ur not using wood.... u want something sturdy right?

make it in foam and cast it in resin.... no idea how.. but there's a few ppl here on cosplay who can help u with that since they've made other type of weapons using that method.

caelestis
06-13-2003, 09:04 AM
If you're willing to do a lot of work, try using a dowel (sp?) rod as a base, then add on the side pieces using foam board of some sort, then theres some sort of moulding you can add (I used it in sculpting to make a hand mold-- its like the stuff they used at doctors offices to make casts).. that might work. And the paint may hide that it's that material. Jussa suggestion.

I'm still cutting mine out of wood so it can be assured it will survive my destructive touch (as in I'm cutting and carving out of ONE piece, not doing multiple pieces and glue/nailing them together ehe).

I'd go into detail further but my finger huuuurts (schooshed it in the car door-- cant type much gyahh).

There's prolly more ways to make the keyblade-- if I think of any I'll post them or if you want you can PM me anytime about it ^_^

Farmboybob
06-13-2003, 03:30 PM
DreamKydd: I checked ebay and they had some keyblades. But they were like $100 so I said screw it.

ducky_feet & caelestis: I'll add those ways to my list of possibilities. Thanks :D

DreamKydd
06-13-2003, 09:22 PM
farmboybob.... haha.... one of those keyblades selling on ebay is mine.

baiscally it's made from MDF wood and a wooden dowel... then put together.

that castinging mold that caelestis mentioned, i used that material for a paine sword that i made.... it's aiiiiiiiiiiiiiigghhhhtt.. not the greatest thing in the world.

the keyblade can be easy and can be tricky... all depends i guess.

my projects for the summer is make the unknown costume and change it a bit by carrying the regular kingdom keyblade on my back.. and holding hte oblivion in one hand, and the final mix new keyblade... that fire keyblade in the other.

now that'll be a tough project to tackle.... but it'll be fun!

Farmboybob
06-13-2003, 10:08 PM
Wow! It seems you have more work to do then me. So good luck. By the way, the fire keyblade doesn't happen to be the one winged angel? If so, then great idea! If not, then what is it? (still a good idea though) ;)

tsugaru
06-15-2003, 12:49 PM
im doing mine with a pvc core and foam layering to create both the details and the blade itself. I got plastic chain link from home depot for the oblivion's chain as well as the chains hanging off both of the hilts.

so far its working great hehe ^^

DreamKydd
06-16-2003, 02:30 AM
farmboy.... yeah... the one with the winged angel on it...

that keyblade will be tough to make... cuz i wanna make it from wood as well... and i may have to learn how to wood carve! hahaha... it'll be tough.. but should be fun!

after gettin down the etching and carving... i gotta paint it just right as well. might just have to learn airbrushing as well!

friK! i wanna make so many keyblades. i wanna do teh metal chocobo as well! LOL

Farmboybob
06-16-2003, 09:56 AM
geez, why don't you just make every key blade and then send me the ones you don't want. :D
Good luck.

DreamKydd
06-16-2003, 05:56 PM
HAHAa!

question tho..... farmboy.. how much u willing to pay for a keyblade???

caelestis
06-16-2003, 06:28 PM
Ehe-- eventually if I can get the keyblades I need to make right, I may try to make other various keyblades for the hell of it (I want to make the Lionheart or whatever one it is you get when you defeat Cloud and Squallie in the Hades cup... I think that one rocks hehe).

The Kingdom Key is probably the easiest of any to make-- I could make it in probably under 2 hours out of wood ^_^

... as soon as it stops raining I'm gunna get started on the oblivion hehe

Farmboybob
06-16-2003, 08:28 PM
Caelestis: good luck.

DreamKydd: Hmm I dunno, depends on the quality of it, etc.
I'm broke right now but I just started a new job so if you decide to sell one to me or something in the future, no worries. (I'll finally have some spending money.) ;)

DreamKydd
06-16-2003, 09:06 PM
i think my keyblade is pretty good quality....
it's all wood... so its sturdy and smooth..

did u know that the cosplay group that i'm in... SMA, we won best props at anime north 2003??? YAYAYAYA!! heheheh... *quick plug in*, hey! i'm proud of this award!! i worked hard on building the keyblade and paine sword! =P

if u ever want a keyblade made.. drop me a pm and we'll talk! haha.

Griever
06-17-2003, 11:19 PM
http://www.almasymarquis.com/~hearts/gallery.htm

This person charges about $76 for any of the 4 kyblades shown at the bottom of the gallery page. He/She can also make custom keyblades, but they may cost extra.

Farmboybob
06-18-2003, 09:43 AM
Griever: I went to his site and nothing there worked. I couldn't find his e-mail to ask him what was wrong with the site. But thanks anyway. I'll keep him in mind in case I can't make it or I lose contact with DreamKydd.

Griever
06-18-2003, 05:18 PM
his email is:
almasy@almasymarquis.com

Farmboybob
06-19-2003, 09:33 AM
Hey thanks Griever his site is working now. Actually I don't think it was his site. I may have had something turned on in my firewall program that didn't let me look at certain things, but I got it all fixed now.
Thanks. :D

Limeyaku
06-19-2003, 05:53 PM
woah! congrats dreamkydd! your keyblade is selling great!! ^0^ it really is very well made and looks super nice. *o* im sure the winner wont be let down. *_* make me one. LOLOLOL! when im rich. XD

Griever
06-19-2003, 06:44 PM
Farmboybob: your welcome.

DreamKydd
06-20-2003, 12:26 AM
thanks limeyaku....
the keyblade sold.... so *phew* no need to relist.....

maybe if i have free time.. i'll build another and hopefully it'll go for much higher.

i guess ppl are weiry about getting it cuz they're not sure about the quality..... but FRIK!!!

AN03.... BEST PROPS YO!!! hahaha... we won!!!!! *just had to enter that plug*

Balmung
06-20-2003, 10:28 AM
Me and my freind are making the Oblivion and Oathe keeper for Connecticon next month. We'll post pics as they come, We'll prolly seel them after the con, so I'll keep ya posted

Farmboybob
06-21-2003, 03:50 PM
Good luck on making them Balmung! :D

Balmung
06-22-2003, 09:18 PM
the Oblivion is comming out really well (my freind and I are cutting it out of masonite) my first "wood" experience We dremeled out the "key" section and it looks really good so far. For the Oath keeper we're getting a jigsaw! Wheeeeeee It'll go sooo much faster ^_^ I can't wait to post pics. (I just gott get a digital camera ;_; )

twentystitches
06-23-2003, 08:24 AM
Balmung- ^^;; I was wondering, what kind of tool are you using to drill out the holed area's in the key part of the Oblivion? *Knows next to nothing about constructing props out of wood*

XD All this talking about keyblades makes me want to try making my own again. I can't wait to see pictures!

tsugaru
06-23-2003, 09:20 AM
jiggy jig jig jig! yay. Here i was thinking the keyblades would be the hard part, i was wrong now Im having a hard time finding the material we need for the "jacket/cloaky dealie" for the unknowns. I have a patern to modify so I guess its just a matter of searching around a bit ha.

Anyways I forgot how i was going to end this Im tired. :(

tsugaru

tsugaru
06-23-2003, 09:21 AM
the tool we are using (im the friend balmung is mentioning hehe) was a roto-zip tip on a dremel, it works great for the detailing work! But if you are doing a lot of cutting it runs hot, and isnt very accurate for straight long lines

tsu

twentystitches
06-23-2003, 09:43 AM
Okay, thanks for answering. ^_^

DreamKydd
06-23-2003, 10:52 AM
when my friend and i were building our keyblades....
we basically used a $25CAN jigsaw from walmart! hahah... yes... and it works fine!!

to get the inside holes and what nots.... all we did was drilled in holes and connected the dots with the jigsaw.

and later the dremmel tool was used to smooth out and curve the edges.

WhiteStorm
09-12-2003, 10:59 AM
Okay what color of wig would you get for Kairi? I was thinking red but all the red's I am seeing are RED.
What do you all think?

This IS Late but her hair is Chestnut... a wig with miniscule dark streaks would give the nice Highlight to the textureed cut she has as well.

Sooo late, but maybe this can help someone else.
WhiteStorm

thetinmanandme
11-21-2003, 04:08 PM
dreamkydd... how much did ur keyblade go for on ebay?... anyway... if uve got some time ive got money if ur interested in making another one...

daguru
11-25-2003, 03:33 PM
hmmm, im thinkin about making a costume of the new "red" ansem, but i think id have trouble seeing out of one eye. and if im gonna make an ansem costume, it HAS to have the yellow contacts, but since i have only one visible eye, I wonder if crazy lenses will let me buy just one contact instead of a pair?