PDA

View Full Version : G.T.O. Earrings

SoulCrash
05-30-2003, 09:56 PM
I want to cosplay as GTO, I have almost everything. But one problem, I don't have pierced ears, and I don't want pierced ears. Is there some way to do GTO's earrings without pierceing my ears?

Note: if you don't know how his earrings look, here's a pic...
And here's a pic of me as "GTO"

With the hair (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=44305&papass=&sort=2&thecat=3591)
Without the hair (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=44306&papass=&sort=2&thecat=3591)

Kia
05-31-2003, 12:19 PM
look into magnetic earings for the studs, I'm not sure about the hoop though... btw, I have the same issue w/ no pierced ears, only more female characters tend wear earing than not. ^_^

Hotaru
05-31-2003, 02:35 PM
you might have to go into a girly store! like claires or...uh..that's the only one i know in the mall here. but, i think i bought a hoop (but it was silver) there that just slips on. I can't tell if it's gold or silverish or what. but the earring i had got was sort of thin, so you might have to use clay or sculpey or something to make it look right.

*has four earring holes* I don't think i ever took my earrings off for cosplay.i just pierced the cartilege on my right ear in march and i won't be able to take it off for otakon...but it looks coooool.

Tribalgeek
05-31-2003, 04:27 PM
Go to your mall and find a store like pac sun that sells ear rings for guage piercings. Look for a cbr around 14 guage. It will be stainless steel and of a good size. Take the bead out of it and slide the open part onto your ear to see if it fits if it dosent squeeze with pliers that have some bandaids on them to close it some more or get someone to help you widen it if to small. Dont get any number smaller than 14 or you won't be able to bend it.

I started with a ten guage piercing and couldnt get my first ball back in because we couldn't close the ring anymore after I got it out.

duck
06-01-2003, 11:21 PM
For the hoops - you can make them with wire and small metal balls. You should be able to find the kind of wire you need at most craft stores and small metal balls in the jewelry findings section. Just shape it into a hoop, superglue the balls to the end(the balls are just so it doesn't hurt) and wear it as you would an ear cuff.

Alternately...you could also just look for thin ear cuffs at girly accessories stores, I'm sure I've seen hoops that you just squeeze shut before.