PDA

View Full Version : Costume Ideas? Need Help!

HelloKitty
05-19-2002, 07:31 PM
<b>Konichiwa, again! I am (Hopefully...Providing the 'rents let me...) going to a convention *soon* (Within the year), and I want to look pretty unique and cool! I have *some* costume ideas (I am gonna make my costumes myself) but I was hoping some of the rest of ya'll had some better ones! If you have a really cool costume idea that I can use, please post it here! ^_^ Thanks!</b>:p

P.S - Cool ganguro!

Ayaka
05-20-2002, 01:00 AM
The best thing to do is list your favorite series, then list some characters you like and think you could cosplay, and then think about how hard they'd be to do versus how you'd look in them, how much fun you'd have walking around. That's my suggestion anyway, costume ideas really have to come from you, or you won't have the interest to follow through on them.

(Who are the Barbies? J-pop group?)

Kenshin Ken
05-20-2002, 11:50 AM
Ganguro girls are ..mm.. I guess it's a fashion statement. I read about em in a book once. They tan themselves to this dark brwn shade.. wear heavy make up... and er.. that's all I know fo so far. soem rumos I've heard were that these girls don't shower or something..but I think it's jsut nonsense ^^;

and Ayeka's right ^^ please list list! it'll help if we can get a picture of you too!

HelloKitty
05-20-2002, 04:50 PM
Ehh, no! I *think* they shower...unless it would rub off their precious tanning souloutin or something. I am not ganguro...so don't ask me! ^..^ But I think how they dress and stuff is pretty unique...although I could never do it! I am totally into J-Streetwear though...I love Hysteric Glamour and Super Lovers. Harajuku district is my Mecca. (Who wants to go to Israel anyway??? Thats what I want to know!!!)

P.S---Check out my site-in-progess:
www.geocities.com/jstreetwarehouse

^..^ Have fun!

HelloKitty
05-20-2002, 05:01 PM
Oopsie! Messed up on that URL! It's:

www.geocities.com/jwearhouse

Enjoy! ^..^

Ayaka
05-21-2002, 12:21 AM
Yeah, I've heard them called Barbies, not ganjuro. Just a question of the term, lol. ^^ And yes yes! I love Japanese street fashion! I was there, I didn't know about it until then . . . but I didn't get to do any shopping. T_T We walked down that one alley in Harajuku, don't remember the name, by the train station. Oh man I wanted to stop and buy stuff!

HelloKitty
05-21-2002, 04:54 PM
Oooo, tough break! I would have screamed and screamed until the rents (Parentals, LOL) let me stop and shop for, like, and hour! Check my website! It is totally in the making, but should be ready soon! I have some cool links already! I am going to Japan in next year (??) hopefully for FIVE MONTHS for foriengn exchange trip! FUN! ^..^

Ukayoru no Chou
05-21-2002, 06:58 PM
WHHAA---!!!! NOOOO FAIIRR!!! !>_<;;;;;; Woooo !! Grungo-chikas..xD whoo! * save*
I like kogals and grungo-gals ^_^''
J-street wwear rawks..

and isnt this post supposed to be on costume ideas?

Anyways, I had the same problem- WHAT TO COSPPLLAY--
so I did a list ,got on anipike, looked for rare manga piccys [ if theres a manga for the series] and listed them...

ended up with 20 ideas, and some are rather easy ^.^

HelloKitty
05-21-2002, 07:56 PM
Okay, thanks!

P.S: I LOVE your avatar! WHERE did you get it?

^..^ *meow, meow*

Babbit_Chan
05-21-2002, 09:23 PM
Uka-chan's really the kao-hime o_O;; She's got 183 now? *skiritch skritch* I think that's it.

Mei Lan Chang
05-27-2002, 01:54 PM
You should definaltly go for a character that you like, and you look sort of like. (If you are are short and cute with curly blonde locks of hair, it is hard to pull off an effective looking Super Saiyan) Why not go for something like a Rini costume eh?

Medellia
05-27-2002, 02:22 PM
Hey, if you like ganguro, check out Cho Gals: Kotobuki Ran. It's my current fave anime/manga, and it's all about Kogal (something akin to valley girls of the 80s here in the States, but only in theory. Kogal dress much cooler ^_~ ). And Harajuku is the god of the shopping world. I bought like 10 pairs of socks, uber cute school girl shoes, and strawberry and cloud underwair sets. *^^* I was disappointed that the super high platform shoes had got out of style by that time (Aug of '01) *pout*Anyway...

I agree with Mei Lan that you should cosplay someone you look like, not only does it give your costume verisimilitude (ooh, SAT words, gotta love 'em) but it makes it easier on you ^_~ And if you cosplay something that appeals to you, you'll have a much easier time getting the costume done! Also, I've noticed that video games have much color costume/character design than anime, and there is a lot of different games to choose from. Guilty Gear X isn't the best fighting game, but it has some damn cool character design!

ClutZGurl
05-27-2002, 02:51 PM
Or you can buy that book with photos of Japanese streetwear called Fruits, and make something from that. ^_^

Medellia
05-28-2002, 03:55 PM
Oh yea, Fruits is very cool. I think that's where I saw the pic of the guy with piercings from the ends of his eyebrows, down his nose, and four studs in his tongue 0_o

Hopage
05-28-2002, 09:57 PM
I've brainwashed a lot of people into cosplaying, and I find for first timers one should go with hair. Tell us what your hair is like, and then I can help. Personally always try to grab lesser characters or fansub characters so that I won't be a repeat.

Hopage
05-28-2002, 09:58 PM
Oh and I have fruits too its greeat but that inspires me to change my everday wear, I don't think it counts as cosplay.