PDA

View Full Version : Please read if you do not want AniZona 4 cancelled

Miss Deep
12-03-2007, 09:12 PM
According to Laetitia, if AniZona 4 does not sell 500 memberships and rent 75 rooms at the hotel by Dec 16 then they will be forced to cancel AniZona 4.

There are already guests scheduled, programming planned, events planned, and vendors scheduled but they do not have hotel rooms rented or people buying memberships and without those they cannot have an event.

December 16 is the last day that they can cancel the event without totally bankrupting the group and ending AniZona's for all time.

Keep in mind that the masquerade next year will be awesome!

I wish we had more warning then 12 days, but we don't.

Technowraith
12-05-2007, 02:55 AM
Wow. What an unfortunate situation. I'd love to get out there for Anizona 4, but i don't have the time off from work. >.<

Let's hope this con doesn't get cancelled.

Michi
12-05-2007, 04:27 AM
Did anyone state how many memberships/rooms have been sold so far?

Miss Deep
12-05-2007, 09:37 AM
Did anyone state how many memberships/rooms have been sold so far?

According to Laetitia, so far "190 memberships have been sold.

The initial budget was based on 1600 memberships sold in order to cover expenses obviously as the membership cost increases the number needed to cover expenses lowers but we still need at least 1200 to come close to breaking even.

So far 16 of the 175 rooms we nned to fill are rented.

We need to fill 160 rooms total or AniZona pays for the unfilled rooms. At the current room rental rate AniZona will need to pay the Wigwam Resort $73,000 just for unrented rooms. If we can get another 75 rooms rented within the next 12 days then the likelihood is that the combination of rooms rented, lowering our room block number and having AniZona pick up the unrented rooms can be brought down to an affordable dollar amount."

wyldbratling
12-05-2007, 01:19 PM
According to Laetitia, if AniZona 4 does not sell 500 memberships and rent 75 rooms at the hotel by Dec 16 then they will be forced to cancel AniZona 4.

There are already guests scheduled, programming planned, events planned, and vendors scheduled but they do not have hotel rooms rented or people buying memberships and without those they cannot have an event.

December 16 is the last day that they can cancel the event without totally bankrupting the group and ending AniZona's for all time.

Keep in mind that the masquerade next year will be awesome!

I wish we had more warning then 12 days, but we don't.

Maybe they should look at relocating to a less expensive and smaller hotel. A lot of people have expresed alarm at the cost of the rooms, which are very expensive, I think we paid less then that when we went to Worldcon in LA. I can't aford to rent a room and I have a good job, a lot of people who come to anime cons are college age or younger and don't have $300+ bucks to spend on a room.

Feawen
12-05-2007, 04:36 PM
I'll definately have to get my and my friends memberships before dec 16 then! We would get a hotel room to try and help, but there is no way we can come up with the money for it.

Kounya
12-10-2007, 03:23 AM
A friend and I were planning on going, but when I heard about this... I'm not so sure now. I know that one of my friends was dying to go, but he can't pay now, because he's flat broke. And I can't pay for rooms or tickets the moment, because I don't have money available for it either.

I'm starting to look for other cons to take my friend since it'll be her very first con and I want to be sure of a place before we ask for rooms and badges. :lost: I really hope AniZona doesn't cancel. We won't be able to go anywhere since we'll be going off to college next year.

Kazukii
12-11-2007, 04:49 PM
If it does end up being canceled, they said they'd lower the amount of attendee's again.
I think that's more wise, because they don't seem to be able to handle the large masses of people that show up otherwise. Plus, the lack of volunteers helping and all.. :/
If they were to get the numbers down quite sufficient enough, I think they should migrate back to Embassy, or atleast someplace smaller. It's current location is a bit...<<; Out there... As for embassy though, it's a good location, it's a nice little compact area, and overall Ani II was rather well run, atleast in comparison to III. But eh, people will say II was as bad, and so on, opinions opinions..
If the con does get canceled, it would be a good time for them to get their act together, that's for sure. 3: