- Mega Chii was cool, although sounded quite scarey
- Chobits were the most cosplayed characters this year
- Sunday is when the fanboys are the ripest *stinkie*
- I'm broke
- Driving home 4 hours can cause your butt to go numb *whimper*

Anyone else notice something I missed?

Erilan
06-01-2003, 07:45 PM
Yup. A-kon security can suck my left nut. Especially on Friday night when they decided to change the line for the concert into the line for the opening ceremonies.

Idiots. :miffed:

Surashu
06-01-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Erilan
Yup. A-kon security can suck my left nut. Especially on Friday night when they decided to change the line for the concert into the line for the opening ceremonies.

Yeah, that really pissed me off...

caelestis
06-01-2003, 09:25 PM
Ooohh.. there was ONE Akon staff person who really kept bugging the crap out of me.. they were the line/walkway nazi or something like that *growls*

Although the guy who wore the safari clothes with the fishing pole and the sign that read "The Pockey Has You" was pretty cool (just got my pictures back... bless 1 hr photo)

neist
06-01-2003, 09:26 PM
Yea. I drove 4 hours home myself. and yes... it makes your butt go numb.

I hope the adam's mark is bigger(place where its being held next year). The smell was getting a wee on the ripe side. Later during the night wasnt so bad tho.

Scortia
06-01-2003, 10:26 PM
Yes, security was really getting on my nerves this year as well... I'd like to know how people are supposed to take cosplay photos without having to back up at least 5 feet into walking space to get the full costume. Sheesh, as long as it isn't done in tight tight areas... I also found that staff was incredibly confused... cancelled karaoke nights at the last minute, not knowing what rooms things are in, etc. Bleh... Also:

Yes, MegaChii kicks butt. We ran into him dozens of times and just kept saying how we wished all the Chii were like that. ^o^ *idly kills off Chii so she can't be cosplayed anymore*

My God, I never realized so many people liked/watched Tokyo Mew Mew. O.o;;

Er... did they ever announce the winners of the AMV contest? Also, despite having 2 vids in the contest, I think it'd be for the best next year to only allow one per person... that was way freaking long.

I found the body odor was fairly minimal this year.

It is quite frightening to go up to an elevator at 8AM and see it open up with 6 guys dancing in their underwear to "Yatta! Yatta!" *_*

Many straight guys watch yaoi.

The Dealer's Rooms are hella tight... also, the dude pushing the Yaoi doujinshi had mad selling skills. Ara, I didn't even wanna buy these. ^^;;

Too many important events are scheduled simultaneously

The masquerade was badly run. My group had to change it's entrance and exit plans 3 times because they didn't know where we would come onto the stage... and, damnit, just buy another mic instead of making the cosplay retrieve the third from the MC.

Now that I've seen Rosiel face-to-face I do realize that she is indeed my god of crossplay. *_* *idly worships*

The skits, for the most part, were really really good... I took a lot of amusement in the Navi... she was just so great.

Food and drinks, as expected, were expensive. I am VERY appreciative that an exquisite garden salad was supplied downstairs, but it was $6 for a salad the size of your fist.

Even with 6 elevators, taking the stairs from the ground floor to the 33rd floor still was inevitable.

If you walk the ground floor at around 3AM, the freaks start coming out of the woodwork.

It can take you 20 minutes to get across the floor if everyone is taking pictures of you after a couple of steps. ^^;;

If you cosplay someone in a mini-skirt, you WILL BE PHOTOGRAPHED... otherwise, if it's an obscure costume, you shall be forgotten.

Ahhhh the glowsticks are EVERYWHERE! >_<

People will cheer for Japanese musicians despite what the musicians do or say. ^^;;

caelestis
06-01-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Scortia
The Dealer's Rooms are hella tight... also, the dude pushing the Yaoi doujinshi had mad selling skills. Ara, I didn't even wanna buy these. ^^;;

Ooooh yes were the dealers rooms a nightmare. I was kinda a dimwit this year and only brought my red flip flops, so my feet were CONSTANTLY stepped on.. lost half of a toenail thanks to one guy in combat boots *whimpers, looking down to the bandaid on my toe*

More observations I'm now thinking of..

-This year I noticed the con was kinda Yuna light in the cosplay sense, in comparison to last year's Yuna fest.

-Surviving on cheese fries alone from Denny's all weekend (and only eating one meal a day in order to buy a Totoro) is a very stupid thing.

-Doing syrup shots at Denny's is just as stupid (they now serve them in small cups.. someone bet me a dollar I wouldn't do it... I did. Twice >-<)

-One of the Cids I saw at the con was cute. Very cute. *grins*

-More people came up and randomly hugged me this year

-Whoever it was who was Yubaba (sp?) at the Cosplay event rocked. Loved the giant head.

-I saw only 1 guy dressed as a Sailor Scout, in comparison to last year's 6 or so...

I'm in pain... bed.. *flops over*

Surashu
06-02-2003, 12:02 AM
What really made me mad was that everyone kept running into my wing... The poor thing isn't even a week old and already it's bent, torn, beaten, and I think that it got caught in the elevator once.

djmihoshi
06-02-2003, 12:59 AM
Things I noticed (prepare for ranting in 5...4...3...2..1.) :

They should seriously add a length rule about weapons in their policy. I was the Asuka walkin' around with the lance of longinus, and on the first day they got really mad at me, even though I followed their stupid rules! You can't just make up rules on the spot without giving us a little bit of notice!

The costume contest was a big downer to me. They all had the same idea: Final Fantasy yaoi/yuri, mock a-kon staff, or making fun of fanboys. Plus, 78% of the people went up there with normal clothes on, not costumes!!! Yeesh!

Chobits was this year's over-cosplayed series, followed shortly by Trigun.

Things were more pricey this year. Plushies went from last year's $10 to this years' $20!! And pins went from 3 to 7!

The final day was much more busy/longer than last years. Everyone left last year at around 2. This year they started packin up at 5.

Perhaps it was just me, but I didn't catch a very strong whiff of the Fanboy Funk this year. Perhaps they discovered the showers in their hotel rooms.

Rosiel
06-02-2003, 11:43 AM
> Yup. A-kon security can suck my left nut.

I'd say the same thing if I had a left nut. ;)

I spent a good half hour (if not more) of my convention on Friday having a fit at the security desk because King Crimson was refused by security (seems that the tip of the blade could fit in an eye socket if I aimed really well and the person didn't move 9__9) while a HUGE SHEET METAL PUNISHER was accepted.

I was so boiling mad I'm amazed steam did not come out of my ears. By the time I partially won my fight, I was too lazy to go back to the 31st floor and find something to spear on the ends of my swords for the hour of free time I had left to look forward to.

(Akon was a hellish con this year, everything that could go wrong went wrong.)

> The Dealer's Rooms are hella tight...

*sigh* I did not even see the dealer's room... I had no time on my hands.

> The masquerade was badly run.

Are you kidding? I almost fainted from happiness when I saw we got craftsmanship judging this year AND got to try out our skit onstage. For an Akon masq, this was heaven.

Now what I will complain about are the prizes. Two DVDs for "Best of Show"? How stingy. O_O

> My group had to change it's entrance and exit plans 3 times because they didn't know where we would come onto the stage...

By the time they told us they decided to switch the entrance, we couldn't switch, having practiced the whole fight scene one way for the last 48 hours. So we had to ask to shuffle to the other end of the stage to "enter" from the left.

(I still hear the music for the skit in my head... x__X )

> Now that I've seen Rosiel face-to-face I do realize that she is indeed my god of crossplay. *_* *idly worships*

Wow, thanks. ^___________________^

> Even with 6 elevators, taking the stairs from the ground floor to the 33rd floor still was inevitable.

Yuber ran up and down the stairs easily... but when it came to get Rosiel, Lucifer, and Alexiel down, we sent Setsuna to tell the Masq people we might be late due to elevator shortage. ><;;;

> mock a-kon staff

I enjoyed that! Having spent so much time arguing and losing my cool in the presence of 1) security staff who made arbitrary decisions and 2) really nasty staffers on a power trip in the halls (eat my wings!). I cheered so loudly for that poor Link, who, I heard, really DID get his Master Sword taken away from him.

Ginny
06-02-2003, 12:00 PM
There was craftsmanship judging? O.o When and where?

The cosplay WAS very disorganized, same as last year.

I'm just glad they're moving to a bigger hotel. ^_^

Yuna
06-02-2003, 12:09 PM
Con "security" (Which was really just fanboys and girls who were given a special badge so felt empowered) and bend over and eat a dick.

Koumori
06-02-2003, 12:20 PM
I will second (or third, or however many we're up to) the deathwish for the security staffers. There will be a special, special place in hell for the ones who told us we couldn't stand in line for the cosplay until they told us we could stand in line for the cosplay... no, not THERE, closer to the wall! Closer! Stand in rows of three! Now stand on your heads! Didn't say "Simon says!" My SO freaks out in crowds (which is why she didn't want to come to the con at all) and I thought she was going to kill someone. I would probably have applauded.

kelldar
06-02-2003, 12:23 PM
seriously to the security thing - my best friend had realistic looking alucard gloves that they said wouldn't need tape, and yet they had to tape my light-as-a-feather yuffie shruiken... if I hit somebody with that thing it would crumple up! good grief. and putting tape on it messed it up, it pulled up the paint when the tape came off ><
our trophy broke on the way home :( The wings came off. My dad says he can fix it, but what a bummer.
Was anybody else gotten out of bed at 3 AM sunday morning by the fire alarm? UGH.
but I had fun, I got to meet so many people I'd only known online previously ^^ And I finally found a Sir Lancelot, so now my Monty Python and the Holy Grail set is complete, YAY!

(oh, and the hotel sucked just because they ran out of cokes on saturday. *dies*)

sunday was not good for me just because I got some bad family-related news that morning that had me in tears in breakfast (this coming from someone who cries maybe once every four years), so all day sunday I just wanted to GET HOME.

other than that I am still out of it, didn't get home til about midnight last night and now I'm having to pack to go out of town again ... not that that's a bad thing, I get to spend the whole week with my gramma playing video games & sleeping :D

TR5368
06-02-2003, 01:05 PM
*Note to Self* Never apply to be on staff lol

"Was anybody else gotten out of bed at 3 AM sunday morning by the fire alarm?" Our whole room would have fried lol, funny thing is, is that after the fire alarm someones phone alarm went off and everyone woke up.

Rosiel
06-02-2003, 01:50 PM
> There was craftsmanship judging? O.o When and where?

When they made you wait behind the curtains packed like sardines and hyperventilating due to lack of oxygen. ^__^ The Animal Crossing cosplaying judge walked around with a steno pad and took notes about craftsmanship for the other judges, I think. I know she asked us questions and looked at our costumes up close.

> The cosplay WAS very disorganized, same as last year.

I think last year was worse, I almost walked out in sheer frustration. Or maybe it's just that I was not mobile enough to think of walking out this year. ;)

layne
06-02-2003, 01:57 PM
I'd like to give a bravo to all of the cosplayers this year. You guys rocked ^_^

die-sama
06-02-2003, 02:16 PM
Things I noticed...

ok with the FIRE ALARM THING *giggles* ok it was very NOT funny. but there were about five really really really drunk and HIGH people going around on the 31st floor (I was there and i had to play "sercurity gaurd" for several hours in the wee hours of 3 am - 6 am -_-;;;) i hope people saw me going "GO BACK TO YOUR ROOMS!" after people started to FILE OUT >_<;;;;;; then they set the 29th floor "on fire" T_T;; scarey thing is i acutally bumped into a DRUNK security gaurd!!! he was lookin for parties X_X;; that wasn't the worst the drunks did, threw this white powdery stuff *not gonna say what it was* all over teh carpet, and took the food and scattered it across the floor T_T;;

lesseee other observations;:
ah as to the body oder, hon u guys were lucky, everytime *almost* i got into a elevator it was like.. DEATH X_X;;; the odor was EXTREMELY EXTREEEMMEELLLY bad *then of course i probably smelled really bad, leather smells like *forgive me* dog pee and newt manure when u've been in it for...10 hours X____X;;;)

with the Concert duel jewel i mean, the lines were odd, they kept on changing their minds "ok we're gonna make everyone leave and then reline." "ok we're gonna make everyone move the chairs then stayt in the room" "okay..everyone needs to be in one line and then we're gona split it" X_____X Gimmeee a BREAK X___________X;; NO ONE KNEW WHAT was going on except for WOLF, he was the ONLY person who knew a LITTLE bit of what was going on!!!
I heard the DUel jewel concert got pretty scarey X___x;;; i wans't "in the crowd" but i saw the girl get dragged out after passing out and someone got a bloody eye T_T;;

the tiger man was pretty cool :o

yes Rosiel is the lord of cosplay (BUt not PVC! LOL *jk*) (runs from the bear)

rosiel if u found anything in the room that belonged to me but i missed and ddn't pack >_< lemme know >_<;;

security could suck my NONEXISTENT left nut ^_________^ ,
and rosiel u complained for about an hour cuz i remember calling u and u said "they confiscated my swords" lol. I think next time i'm packing Marshmellows for the tips XD
"they have to be bigger than an eye socket" ok so what about Cloud swordblades? @@ those are way bigger but do muhchhhh moreeee damage TT;; was it just me or did ppl see many many ppl with katanas? i wans't allowed mine X_______X

mega chi rocked XD~~ i sat next to them backstage XD
the link was good too
and G-chan and Kell's costumes *_* Loveeellly lovelyyyyyy costumes ^______________^ *so jealous that they looked to be at least -airy- costumes X_X i was literally suffocating)

also is it just me or did the Hyatt have MAJOR plumbing problems? >_>;;; *hates the light switches on the outside* i think the smelly fanboys realized that if they take a shower they could play "lets turn the light off on the fanboy while he's nekkid in the shower" T_T;;

oh and apologies to anyone who met me and i was *bitchy* at cuz yea i was having a edgy weekend ><;;;

number18
06-02-2003, 02:26 PM
Christ...it sounds like you all had a right jolly time. O,o;;

Is A-kon notorious for foul smelling fan boys or is this most cons? I, personally, am actually and truly offended and annoyed if I have to be near someone that smells...like why can't you just ef'ing put two minutes into cleaning yourself every morning? :rolleyes:

And this is A-kon 14???? Or did I just see things...

Scortia
06-02-2003, 03:51 PM
>> The masquerade was badly run.

>Are you kidding? I almost fainted from happiness when I saw we got craftsmanship judging this year AND got to try out our skit onstage. For an Akon masq, this was heaven.

lol, I'm glad that I didn't see it the last 2 years then. ^^;; I remember, that while it was uncomfortable waiting behind the cosplay wall of death back during A-kon 11, they were on schedule and on top of things. But, if anything, getting to lounge and see the skits was wonderful, truly wonderful. I'm sad because we didn't get to see the Angel Sanctuary performance that well because we were having issues on having to get the 3rd mic. God, that's ridiculous, just buy another mic, that's just being cheap. ~_~ Man, they did jip you on the prize... but was the trophy nice at least?... after it finished drying. ^^;;;

> Things were more pricey this year. Plushies went from last year's $10 to this years'$20!! And pins went from 3 to 7!

Where'd you buy your plushies?! O.o;;I got 2 for $9 that would often go for $15 online. As for pins... I found some for that price, the rather nice ones, though. I got wonderful keychains and fasteners for just $6-7. I found most things were reasonable... the manga was not that bad... I've seen them go for $8 sometimes... this year, one table had 20% off, making some regular manga only $4 and some change. And I even managed to find one last Alichino manga for just $8. *bliss* I wish J-rock stuff wasn't so expensive, I wanted a Malice Mizer poster bad...and on that note, I commend the MM cosplay group for being the only MM group that I've seen omit Mana if they have to omit anyone from the group... dude, the Mana were everywhere like usual. ~_~ I need to make my Yu~ki costumes,... ahhh... Yu~ki. *_*

JgPocky
06-02-2003, 04:20 PM
This was my first time at A-kon (been to other cons of course). It was just too crowded; I could barely stand being in costume because it was so hot. Friday I couldn't even get anywhere in the smaller dealer's room because of the ADV table.
Elevators were hell all weekend, but I expected that.
The only plushie I wanted was $19 so I didn't buy it (Yomi from Azumanga in a yukata *_*) I saw one booth have a pin of Tomoyo for $8 and another have it for like $14 o_0 You gotta shop around, though it's hard to move in the crowd.
And the girl with the bloody eye @ the concert got hit by a full water bottle x_x

cutekawaii
06-02-2003, 04:38 PM
Scortia - I think the reason they stinged out on cool prizes this year was because last year, they had to ship the giant prizes to the winners and it cost them a lot of money. But still, I was kinda upset that we got one box set of .hack and -ONE DVD- of Argento Soma. Well I guess I can't complain about the prizes, because I'm just glad we won. The trophy held up fine, it looks nice :>

Jg - I was RIGHT in front of the girl that got smacked in the eye with the bottle (thrown by Yuya). She kept saying she was ok but like....her eye was bleeding rather profusly, and you could tell she was holding back tears. Poor gal. I picked up the bottle and offered it to her, but she didn't take it, hehe ^^;;

Oh yes, the reason the cosplay was late was because Steve Bennett had to wait 45 mins for an elevator. No joke.

Blayne
06-02-2003, 04:44 PM
For my first cosplay experience, I'd say I had a pretty good time. My Yuber's and my bro's Pesmerga swords had to be put back in the room but that wasn't too bad. At least I got to keep my Venom pool cue. I just wish people were a little less rude when trying to walk past huge armor shoulders. And that >Ah! My eye was poked< joke got really tired really fast.

caelestis
06-02-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by djmihoshi
Things I noticed (prepare for ranting in 5...4...3...2..1.) :

They should seriously add a length rule about weapons in their policy. I was the Asuka walkin' around with the lance of longinus, and on the first day they got really mad at me, even though I followed their stupid rules! You can't just make up rules on the spot without giving us a little bit of notice!

Ahaha so *you're* that Asuka! I was gunna get a picture of you on Sunday but was too pooped to move from my spot on the floor (I was the kid in the blue shirt sitting there while you guys did the limbo). Just saying that cause you accidentally thwacked me in the head with it (sok though.. I was too spaced out to realize until my friend started laughing at me).

But I hope next year they really define the rules a bit more on weapon length. I'm going as an Unknown from Kingdom Hearts, and I'm making the dual keyblades.. mind you I gotta make them a bit short anyhow because, well, I *am* short... but still.. if I get *any* crap from security on those, al full beat down may ensue (as in I know how long it's going to take me, I've actually STARTED on them *TODAY* in hopes of completion by Akon 15).

...... oh, btw anyone... I saw a flyer, I heard someone say... Akon is moving to another place next year? Someone care to tell me (I'm always the last to know for some reason..).. PM me if you
want. I'm curious..

kyandi-chan
06-02-2003, 04:52 PM
Damn that con security! They cut the string on my friend's Ashitaka bow (it was fake and AMTGARD too) and they took away his kid KH Tidus pole. It was just a dowel rod...but i had to spraypaint that goddammed thing at 2 am the night before he used it!

They also took away my friend's buster sword that was clearly peacebonded and not metal. thank god i made my keyblade out of something safe like a dowel rod with a handle made out of styrofoam and duct tape...

But those line nazi's pissed me off the most...Why the hell did they tell us to get in groups of 3 in the line for the opening ceremonies/jrock and then tell us single file?! And they yelled at me for posing in line because someone asked for my picture. I esp am looking to kick mr. black kilt ponytail in the teeth. as sora, i can say that he can suck my NUTS biatch. ahh, and with that, i am finally happy.

F***ing con security...they're just fanboys with authority.

Someone else better run that masquerade. and why didnt they have a real HALL costume contest? because i couldnt run all over for the "stealth" judges to see me. Esp since I wasnt in costume for long in my fursuit...A-kon is dying...someone help it.

Maybe a new hotel will help...and drive out the fanboy funk. the only really funky places were the elevators, which i avoided at all times. i ended up having to carry huge amounts of luggage because the hotel staff wouldnt tell me how to get the freight elevator...

die-sama
06-02-2003, 04:53 PM
haha seems both yubers had to be attacked by security this year >_<

caelestis
06-02-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by kyandi chan
Damn that con security! They cut the string on my friend's Ashitaka bow (it was fake and AMTGARD too) and they took away his kid KH Tidus pole. It was just a dowel rod...but i had to spraypaint that goddammed thing at 2 am the night before he used it!

Gyaahhh they took his pole too??

I honestly thought that woman security person was the WORST. After Saturday I prayed her voice would go out-- but neeeeewp. Sunday she was just as terrible, and I didn't even *stay* until past 3p (had to get home to go to work.. unngghh).

At Akon 13 the fanboys were pretty mild... but this year I nearly DIED because of a few of them.. even in the friggin tram which had the windows at the top opened, it still didn't vent out his ickiness. Next year I'm bringing a surgical mask or a gas mask to block the stinkiness.

Ginny
06-02-2003, 05:19 PM
People were trying to spit on us out the window while Admin was trying to get our pics outside. >__< And while there were drunken assholes, there were not nearly as many as at Animazement.

I had a great time at Akon dispite some crap. ^___^ I'm glad no security tried to take the safety pins from my boyfriends face *laugh*

TR5368
06-02-2003, 07:01 PM
Im just glad they didnt take the Buster Sword I had made from me.

TogabitoIon
06-02-2003, 07:49 PM
hmmm....

I can't say anything about the line nazis, but I would like to say something at least in defense of the weapons policy with the convention.

The hotel for Project A-Kon is on the DFW Airport property. The reason that they were so strict on the weapons was because of everything with 9/11 and the changes on the situation in the airport as well.

They weren't so insanely strict last year, but take in mind, last year we weren't at an orange alert. Didn't any of you also notice that there were police officers patrolling the con as well?

The con security, to my knowledge, was being dictated by all sorts of sources for weapons and whatnot.

Even when the fire alarms went off, for example- apparently, the Fire Marshal threatened to shut the convention down if the people who pulled the alarms weren't caught.

I really didn't have any bad problems with security myself. However, I do know some people in security and there were a -lot- of people being idiots and unruly, which may have changed their views on how they were to handle something.

I felt that there was a lot of confusion in the con period. But I also think that the security staff had a -very- difficult job on their hands in the first place- they had over 7000 people to watch this year.

As for the cosplay, it was a lot of fun. ^^ And Elin Winkler is a sweet sweet person. If they do craftsmanship judging again (which I hope they do!), I hope she's the one to go through again. ^___^

The con will be at the Adam's Mark Hotel next year, which is quite a bit larger than the DFW Hyatt. The hotel we were at this year was much too small for A-Kon. It has been for a couple of years now. The only problem is that Phoenix Entertainment made a contract with them and didn't foresee the huge expansion (I think this year had well over a 1000 more people attending than the last) in the con's size.

Okay. I'm done rambling now... I'll return to lurking. ^^;;

caelestis
06-02-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by TogabitoIon
...They weren't so insanely strict last year, but take in mind, last year we weren't at an orange alert. Didn't any of you also notice that there were police officers patrolling the con as well?

I actually had my picture taken with one of the cops-- they seemed to be pretty good natured about me bugging them for one for no reason, although I saw a few were weirded out by some of us ^_^

And I have to say that yeah, there were a LOT more people than last year. I personally don't understand the continued need for the orange alert-- I mean, it's been quite a while since the attacks, and everything said has been nothing more than kinda.. idle threats of a sort. But that's just what I think *ducks behind a tall person before someone can smack me*

Hopefully next year's con will kick some serious butt.

TogabitoIon
06-02-2003, 08:11 PM
And I have to say that yeah, there were a LOT more people than last year. I personally don't understand the continued need for the orange alert-- I mean, it's been quite a while since the attacks, and everything said has been nothing more than kinda.. idle threats of a sort. But that's just what I think *ducks behind a tall person before someone can smack me*

I don't really see the reason for it either, honestly. Actually, the orange alert died today, I think. Today or Sunday. I wasn't paying attention. It did over the weekend, though, because the checkpoints were down at the airport this morning when I went to take my friend back. ^^;;

cutekawaii
06-02-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by caelestis
I actually had my picture taken with one of the cops-- they seemed to be pretty good natured about me bugging them for one for no reason, although I saw a few were weirded out by some of us ^_^ LOL I actually talked to 2 cops on Thursday while waiting for people to arrive. We talked about X-men and stuff hehe. They were cool.

Space Invader
06-02-2003, 09:37 PM
~Whole cosplay thing = badly run. I coulnd't enter the hall contest 'cause I got there 10 minutes late... they ended the judging at 2... too early in my opinion. Grrr.

~Dealer's room had absolute crap this year (unless you were looking for DVDs). I had $50 worth of spending money and nothing I felt the need to blow it on.

~The fanboy funk was horrific. I thought I was going to pass out from the smell at times.

~Food = cost me an arm and a leg.

~Hallways = crowded.

~The DDR machines had a VERY long line. Next year they need to get some more machines in there. I KNOW they can do it. Me and my buddy James waited nearly and hour to play 1 game. Needless to say, that was the only one we did.

I'm not going to a-Kon next year. I'm going to take those funds, coupled with others, and go to Anime Expo. W00t.

kleykulele
06-02-2003, 09:41 PM
I had a pretty decent time at A-kon, though I must say, last years Anime Expo was better run and had alot more stuff to do. But I got to see friends and run around Dallas and have some tipsy fun, so it was worth it.

It was also my first time cosplaying - I was one of the Gingers from Sugar on Friday and Lum on Saturday - that was an experience @_@;;;. I must say, I don't think I have ever had my picture taken that much, or that many guys ask me to bounce up and down _._;;. But I was expecting that...and I had a great time.

You guys all looked awesome :D!

Ginny
06-02-2003, 09:49 PM
~Dealer's room had absolute crap this year (unless you were looking for DVDs). I had $50 worth of spending money and nothing I felt the need to blow it on.

Really? I found tons of stuff to buy. Like a 6ft Isaac from Gundam Seed poster. ^_____^

Ringo
06-02-2003, 10:42 PM
I dub the Claustrophobi-con! Did anyone else feel that way?
Overall the con was great. I got kind bored though. O_O It seems last year there was no time to do anything and this year we had a hard time finding stuff to do. Although I heard they kept it "boring" to keep attendence down more.
I'm looking forward to next year in the new hotel. Especially since it's downtown. ^_^
Iron Cospay went well thanks to those who came to pariciapte in the ghetto fun . ^_~
It was also nice to meet lots of people although I wish I had extroverted myself more. I don't usually walk up to people and introduce myself, but try and shut me up latter. XD
The dealers room was comparible to last year but since there were so many more people it seems it was a lot more picked over. I found Neighborhood Story manga for only $4.19 a peice so I was happy. Now if i could only find the artbook .

caelestis
06-02-2003, 11:00 PM
The *ONE* thing I was really looking for (a FFX wallscroll to replace the Cowboy Bebop one my kitten crawled up and essentially *ruined*) I couldn't find. There wasn't much gaming stuff merch. wise this year as there was last year. Managed to find the rest of the FFX monsters collection I was looking for, and a bunch of FFX pins, but other than that... pheh.

Randomness though-- anyone else see the sign someone duct taped up that read "Cleanliness is next to godliness- bathe a fanboy today!"? I thought that was hilarious.

Yuna
06-02-2003, 11:47 PM
Dude, I went broke in that dealers hall. I always find THE best stuff at A-Kon.

Did anyone else see that rock that some jack-asses dropped on this lady's car?

Ringo
06-03-2003, 12:15 AM
What happened?!?! O_O
I sweat the weirdest stuff happens at A-kon. Last year there was someone intentially trying to mess up people costumes.

Erilan
06-03-2003, 01:22 AM
Because of my long arms, I was able to touch Yuya during the DJ concert. ^______^

But then some girl grabbed my hand and licked it. WTF. :miffed:

kyandi-chan
06-03-2003, 01:23 AM
Oh yeah...I remember now...On Friday night, I skipped the opening ceremonies to go swimming in the pool, and someone threw a beer bottle from the top of the hotel. It cut part of my foot (because I was out of the pool, toweling off).

And then on Saturday night when I had to leave, someone spit from the hotel room outside of the con. My friend counted which floor they were on and ran to get them...I hope he did.

RuthlessJS
06-03-2003, 01:34 AM
I was in a video room Saturday night with a fried at around 4:30 am when a A-kon security staffer came inside turned off the video and rudely told everyone to go home or go outside. Everyone was like WTF? The only thing he said was if you live at the hotel to go to your room and stay inside and if you didnt live at the hotel to leave and go home. Everyone body was pissed of course. I later found out that some prankster had pulled the fire alarm twice. I guess that they figured if they tried to empty the hotel of non-residents they would somehow cut down on pranks or something? I dont know. Anyways the fire department never showed up and everyone pretty much ignored him and stayed inside the hotel anway. Oh well I still had fun that night I guess even though I didnt see any mroe videos.

Yuna
06-03-2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Erilan
But then some girl grabbed my hand and licked it. WTF. :miffed:

Okay, that's just weird.... and gross.

Yeah, some assholes dropped a rock on this lady's SUV. I saw it cause I was out there waiting for someone. They were total dipshits because they did it right in front of the main exit while tons of hired security were outside smokeing. That's why there were so many cops there durring the weekend. Sometimes anime fans raelly piss me off.

Artema
06-03-2003, 02:00 AM
Yeah, security was a bit tight, and I was annoyed at how some cosplayers were running around with metal weapons, but overall the police officers were pretty cool about everything. I got really paranoid when one pulled me aside late in the evening, and I thought he was going to chew me out or something, when he complimented me on my costume. ^^''

As for the A-Kon security... meh... some were all right and some were just plain idiots... I got pulled aside twice and bitched out about not having my badge in plain sight. 'I know you think it ruins the costume, blah blah blah.' Jeez... David (Neo) carried both of ours in the pockets of his coat, and when we needed to show them, we did. -_-'

Also, while I'm ranting, it was terribly annoying when our group would stop for pictures and the security would pitch a fit at us. Yeah, it's our fault for stopping traffic, but the majority of the time they'd yell at us was when we were Out of the way o_O'

Bah... it was all still fun though... except on Sunday morning, when I just got plain sick. =_= I had to stop every twenty minutes and find a bathroom to see breakfast again x_x' But an A-Kon staffer lady took me back to the Info desk and gave me some antacids, a pack of crackers and water, so not all the staff people were completely insane... :3

The cosplay contest was my fave though... our Matrix group promised one another we'd reprise our roles for next year's A-Kon and actually get music and do a skit. :3

Makoto
06-03-2003, 02:09 AM
As far as weaponry goes, I actually had the opposite problem. Rather than tempt fate (and security staff) I didn't bring a gun for my Resident Evil costume. I received some stern lectures from more than one fan on how I needed to have a weapon, and an orange cap would have been sufficient on a gun, boo upon my sad gun-less costume. >_<

If harmless sticks were being banned as potentially lethal (I was struck by backpacks that were considerably more dangerous than any prop weapon), then I'm certain my gun, orange tip or not, would have caused more trouble than its worth.

But I'm more than happy to be moving to a larger venue. And maybe A-kon can do something about all that "white space" on the schedule next year, because I easily found time for all six costumes I brought, plus the construction of a Ghetto Halloweentown Sora, and that doesn't speak well for their planned events. ^_^ Overall, I had a great time, it was wonderful to see everyone, and even worth the 13 hour car ride.

To the man who recognized our E'S costumes, you are my hero, and I love you. XD

caelestis
06-03-2003, 02:20 AM
One good thing I'll say about the con-- I'm sad it's over... mainly because now I have to get back to reality for a bit and concentrate on making As in these stupid summer school internet courses I got suckered into taking >_< (fyi, my family is FULL of friggin overachievers... a 3 something GPA to them is unacceptable.. *groans*)

Blayne
06-03-2003, 02:24 AM
>Makoto
You shoulda told that "fan" you left your gun in an item chest ^_^

Some fans are too into the sources of costumes. This guy came up when my brother was Slayer (GGXX) and recited his favorite combo for him.

Shigure Sohma
06-03-2003, 04:38 AM
Im a huge Star Wars fan.....but why would people come dressed as stormtroopers or boba-fett to an anime convention? While its a good costume, it somehow doesnt fit. Like wearing a Lord of the Rings costume to a Star Trek convention. Unless there was a SW anime that Im just not aware of?

Aside from that....those costumes were still pretty neat ^_^ I wish I had a stormtrooper or TIE pilot outfit.

Blayne
06-03-2003, 05:48 AM
Well. There is a "manga" adaptation of the Star Wars trilogy.

But if I remember correctly, Akon has scifi/fantasy roots? (is that right) If you noticed, there were fantasy novelists as guests as well loads of fantasy oriented merchandise (swords and dragon t-shirst and such)

Rosiel
06-03-2003, 09:18 AM
> Akon has scifi/fantasy roots?

Akon has catered to scifi/fantasy fans as long as I have been there. They have Magic tournaments and Vampire LARPs and all sort of other events for non-anime fans. I've seen a number of Klingons there over the years too. And, as you noticed, non-anime costumes are allowed in the masquerade (The Matrix group got a judge's award) so why would they not be allowed in the halls?

Moreover, WHY the need to further compartmentalize fandom? They are geeks who like to dress up, we are geeks who like to dress up. I don't understand why "they" are different than "us" and why we should tell them "they" are not allowed to wear costumes while "we" are.

I for one love seeing Storm Troopers.

grandis
06-03-2003, 11:03 AM
Rosiel, I couldn't agree with you more. :) It's refreshing to see the barriers breaking down. My favorite con is Comic Con International, where, well, any genre goes.

Grandis

layne
06-03-2003, 12:01 PM
Did anyone else get 'zerberted' by the radio station people? I had a red lipstick mark on my tummy for awhile there ^_^;;;; What radio station was that, btw...?

cutekawaii
06-03-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Artema
As for the A-Kon security... meh... some were all right and some were just plain idiots... I got pulled aside twice and bitched out about not having my badge in plain sight. 'I know you think it ruins the costume, blah blah blah.' Jeez... David (Neo) carried both of ours in the pockets of his coat, and when we needed to show them, we did. -_-' That's total bullcrap. I talked to the registration guy about badges and if we really need them or not, and he said that anyone can go to the con without a badge and is free to roam the halls and watch videos and have parties and do whatever that doesn't require a badge. So the next time someone asks to see your badge when they don't NEED to see it, just walk away -_-

Ringo
06-03-2003, 02:26 PM
There is also a really good Harry Potter Cosplayer who has been there the past two years. ^_^
Costumes make a convention more fun weither or not it's an anime realated costume or not.
Besides who would pass up an oppurtunity to take a pic with a Storm trooper. ^_~

kodiak33
06-03-2003, 02:28 PM
"Im a huge Star Wars fan.....but why would people come dressed as stormtroopers or boba-fett to an anime convention? While its a good costume, it somehow doesnt fit. Like wearing a Lord of the Rings costume to a Star Trek convention. Unless there was a SW anime that Im just not aware of?"

Shigure Sohma,

While I can respect your concern over us (the stormtroopers) being at A*Kon, I have to point out that there was a Star Wars Manga comic if you want to get technical. As a matter of fact I carried one of them around with us on Friday so when people took our pics the comic would be in there. To me costuming is fun and that is why I do it. For 99% of the people at A*Kon we made a good impression and were accepted. The other 1% were people who I consider Anime purests. If you are one of these folks you should also be complaining about the Matrix group, the Colonial Marines from the movie Aliens, and the many Arwen costumes from LOTR. Personally I think costuming should'nt be singled out and should be celebrated together at these types of events. Not only does it add to the diversity of an event, but also increases the photo opts for everyone attending.

die-sama
06-03-2003, 02:46 PM
XD good answer Kodiak
star wars does have to do with japanese animation and stuff
what DOESN"T have to do with it is Harry potterand Lord of the Rings..
hheck on Matrix...the codes are mainly katana unless i'm completely mistaken ~_____~;;
but anyways, dispite whutever, the matrix was given awards by the japaense guy who NAMED "Cosplay" so um i guess if he excepts it,,,then why not anyone else ? :P
plus storm troopers rawk XD
(wants to be darth vader someday ;_;)

*kills security* long live everythign else >_< *falls over*

kleykulele
06-03-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by layne
Did anyone else get 'zerberted' by the radio station people? I had a red lipstick mark on my tummy for awhile there ^_^;;;; What radio station was that, btw...?

I did when I was in my Lum costume x.x;;. And I believe the radio station was Red Hawk Radio. You can go to their website at www.redhawkradio.net - they handed me a little flyer thingy after they got done playing with my stomach o_O;.

But I refused to sit on the guys lap...I was mean like that >.>;.

Artema
06-03-2003, 03:17 PM
As far as putting up restrictions on there just being 'Anime' cosplayers, I was intensly worried about that when I was dressing as Trinity. I didn't think I was going to get maimed or anything, but more like general disdain for not strictly going as something anime.

Everything turned out all right, and I was actually surprised at how accepted our group was. And yeah, I saw and talked to quite a few LoTR cosplayers and the HP cosplayer, and they were just really cool people. I didn't get a chance to talk to any of the storm troopers, but you guys were awesome as well ^_^

Red Hawk Radio actually interviewed our Matrix group, which was really neat...

And while I'm still babbling, pretty much everything that's popular like SW and LoTR and HP and even TM has manga adaptions or anime inspiration. Trying to restrict it all kind of degrades fandom and tells the cosplayers that what they may enjoy isn't kosher with what anime fans may enjoy, when what it should be is being happy that we're not dressing and acting the same. Variety is good.

And Kley, the non-cosplaying guys in my group were absolutely drooling at you every time you passed us by. Hats off for being courageous and going as Lum! :3

kleykulele
06-03-2003, 03:44 PM
Artema -

*dies*

You know, I didn't really notice anyone looking at me at all, except when they came right up to me and said something. My friend Beth told me that plenty of guys kept staring at my chest - probably because my top looked like it was about ready to fall down all the time ^^;;;. Thanks for the compliment, I had a great time cosplaying her *.*!

And your Matrix group ruled. I can't believe you didn't have it planned out already, you guys did so well together o_o! Everytime I saw your jacket, I got all starry eyed and was like "shiny *.*!". I didn't stop to take your picture though, because you were always being attacked by other photographers >.>;.

Artema
06-03-2003, 04:03 PM
^_^ It was very cool how our meetings weren't orchestrated or anything. The four of us just adopted one another and we had a great time.

I lurve that jacket too, but it's sad now because the left shoulder started popping a seam, badly, and I have to get it repaired. :( It made me really paranoid late in the day, David (Neo) can vouch for me on that ^^' he kept catching me examining it.

The rabid fanboys were out in full force... in one of the Dealers' Rooms I turned around in time to catch sight of a reaaaallly overweight guy leering at me in a most unpleasant manner x_x''''

Heh, the group of boys in briefs and leaves yelling 'Yatta' was absolutely hilarious though... >D

layne
06-03-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by kleykulele
*dies*

You know, I didn't really notice anyone looking at me at all, except when they came right up to me and said something. My friend Beth told me that plenty of guys kept staring at my chest - probably because my top looked like it was about ready to fall down all the time

My Fighter costume had the same effect, I think ^^;;;;;;; I guess it's that whole "look, there's a girl in a bra-top!!" thing...*laughs*

Your lum costume was adorable, BTW ^^

kleykulele
06-03-2003, 04:20 PM
Artema - I feel your pain ;_;!

Layne - LOL, that must be it. One guy came up to me and said "Hello, my name is Ataru!!" and then sort of snort giggled @_@;. I didn't quite no what to say, so I smiled and nodded and sort of walked in the other direction...

And on Sunday, a guy came up to me and asked if I was the girl in the cat bikini. I said yes, and he said it was a "great costume". That made me feel nice - that someone actually took the time to look at my face :B.

Awww, thanks *^^*!

LionBoogy
06-03-2003, 04:24 PM
The hotel chili was awesome... hehe I think I ate like 3-4 bowls of that plus a hot dog here and there. I REALLY thought it was good stuff, especially after walking around all weekend, taking pics, going to panels, events, gaming rooms, and stuff... =@_@= I'm so dumb... hehe

Anyway, I been to a lot of cons, and I thought A-Kon really rocked. My only complaint was the freakin' hotel lighting (obviously not A-Kon's fault) that turned a lot of photos some wacky yellow that's hard to remove even in Photoshop. Other than that, man, you cosplayers never cease to impress so many people! Lotsa happy faces when you show your stuff. Freakin' awesome, that's all I gotta say.

- Lionel

layne
06-03-2003, 04:28 PM
It was good to see you again, Lionel!!

Yeah, the lighting wasn't so good. The best pictures I got were in the bar, oddly enough ^_^;; I say "best" but they're actually just really cool looking rather than good photography.

TR5368
06-03-2003, 04:37 PM
Speaking of the Matrix stuff.. What about the AniMatrix that just came out?? :)

kyandi-chan
06-03-2003, 04:46 PM
you're being OT! dont do it...off-topic=bad...but i did hold a copy of it in walmart today...*sighs* i wanted it...

Im preparing a new costume at this moment. might as well get them out of the way.

TAKE THAT FANBOYS! I HAVE SOAP ON A ROPE!

Scortia
06-03-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by die-chan

what DOESN"T have to do with it is Harry potterand Lord of the Rings..

Been looking at recent doujinshi lately? ^o^ Potter is especially big over there. I find it amusing that their images of the characters are very similar to ones over here. *is thrilled that she picked up a Remus doujinshi at the con*

kodiak33
06-03-2003, 05:25 PM
"The hotel chili was awesome... hehe I think I ate like 3-4 bowls of that plus a hot dog here and there. I REALLY thought it was good stuff, especially after walking around all weekend, taking pics, going to panels, events, gaming rooms, and stuff... =@_@= I'm so dumb... hehe "

That would explain most of the smell then. Thanks alot LionBoogy!!!! BAAAAAD LION!:D

cutekawaii
06-03-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by LionBoogy
The hotel chili was awesome... hehe I think I ate like 3-4 bowls of that plus a hot dog here and there. Did you know that over the course of 3 days, between the 5 Duel Jewel members, 270 hot dogs were consumed? And it has been decided that they are no longer called hot dogs, they are called "cow tubes."

And forget the chili, it's all about the sloppy joes!! Thanks again for buying me one, Lionel~

katchoo
06-03-2003, 07:08 PM
Even though security did suck majorly (because of people not knowing what was going on, instead of being in the second or third row we were near the back. But the concert was awesome! Camino is really good too!

It was great meeting people. Especially people from this board. Admin and Aeris were sooo sweet! It being my first con and my first time cosplaying, I had no idea what to expect. But all in all I had fun. I do realize that you need to start waaaaay ahead of time in order to have nice outfits. hehe.

Can't wait to see more of you at other cons!

Koumori
06-03-2003, 07:43 PM
SO tells me that last year that same loudmouthed security girl threatened to throw her out of the con if she didn't take her badge off the waist of her pants and put it on her coat.

I (heart) Stormtroopers.

Scortia
06-03-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by cutekawaii
Did you know that over the course of 3 days, between the 5 Duel Jewel members, 270 hot dogs were consumed?

OMG! *_* What is with the super-fast Japanese metabolism?! >_<

caelestis
06-03-2003, 07:57 PM
I mustve been the only one there who constantly had to leave the stair area because the smell of the BBQ made me naseous... (I don't and can't eat meat.. oii)

.... but 270 hot dogs *eyes bug out* sheebus!!!

Ginny
06-03-2003, 08:16 PM
Geee, then maybe we should just raid the art room of everything not anime/manga/vg based?

Honestly, who cares what costume you're wearing? It isn't your business! :P

die-sama
06-03-2003, 10:04 PM
54 each..
where did it all go ?

and then tehy went out for MORE dinner!?
X____X;;;;;

*referring to the 270 hotdogs*

ayonoi
06-03-2003, 10:41 PM
"(Akon was a hellish con this year, everything that could go wrong went wrong.) "
I got to agree with Rosiel here, and what sucked the most was that this was my FIRSt A-kon! >_<!

I also think the concert line fiasco was annoying, couldn't they plan ahead? NOOOOOO...I was telling my friend that probably the fans would have made a better organizing job (outside AND inside the venue!).

Sigh...but otherwise, at least my friends and the wonderful people I met made up for the bad moments (yes, Saturday night around 2am was hilariously fun!)

and yes, Rosiel, you ARE cosplaying goddess extraordinaire.

Alma

ayonoi
06-03-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by die-chan
54 each..
where did it all go ?

and then tehy went out for MORE dinner!?
X____X;;;;;

*referring to the 270 hotdogs*

Judas Priest!! How do they manage to keep that skinny if they eat that way?!!! Geez, you imagine that with all those hot dogs they would have invited Camino over and shared.
:D

Dia
06-03-2003, 11:06 PM
Rosiel=sex. *nods* Mad skillz indeed.

I mostly had a good time, except for the utter lack of organization involving the concert and cosplay contest. Oh, and getting stepped on and having to deal with an absolute DUMBASS and his girlfriend at the concert were not so fun. Nikki knows what I'm talking about.

I really enjoyed seeing/meeting a lot of people and hanging out with them, even if only for a little while. I finally got to hang out with Nikki for a decent amount of time, and met the rest of the people in the skit, which was awesome ^_^ I also got to see Lionel and Twinkle for a while, and met Nessa and Adella and others, yay.

cutekawaii
06-03-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Dia
having to deal with an absolute DUMBASS and his girlfriend at the concert were not so fun. Nikki knows what I'm talking about.
I do? >__>

Dia
06-03-2003, 11:22 PM
Uh, yeah, the guy who wouldn't move so you could see and his girlfriend who looked like his daughter?

Artema
06-04-2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by caelestis
I mustve been the only one there who constantly had to leave the stair area because the smell of the BBQ made me naseous...

I eat meat, but I feel your pain x_x' Sunday I was sick something awful and I had to hold my breath when I went up and down the stairs...

And G-chan!!! I loved your ParaKiss costume! I wanted your picture but our group was mobbed and when I looked for you again you'd disappeared! T_T

Cherry Boy
06-04-2003, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by kodiak33
"The hotel chili was awesome... hehe I think I ate like 3-4 bowls

I have to Concur with that assesment Kodiak.....the chili was awsome it totally surprised me, and If anyone really cares I had a blast at A-kon. It was way better than last years.

Ginny
06-04-2003, 04:12 AM
Aw, sankyuu Artema. You guys were so awesome! I saw you and your Neo making out by the door of the hotel Saturday night. It was so cuuuuute ^____^

Artema
06-04-2003, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by G-chan
Aw, sankyuu Artema. You guys were so awesome! I saw you and your Neo making out by the door of the hotel Saturday night. It was so cuuuuute ^____^

Eep! :bashful:

^_^# Makes me wish The One had some sort of a cloaking device... -blush-

Hey, it was a good way to end a day, ne? #^^# dear me, that rhymed... x_x'

cutekawaii
06-04-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Dia
Uh, yeah, the guy who wouldn't move so you could see and his girlfriend who looked like his daughter? oh yeah!! hurr. you said 'dance' so i thought you may have been thinking of bailey.

kleykulele
06-04-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Artema
Eep! :bashful:

^_^# Makes me wish The One had some sort of a cloaking device... -blush-

But Artema, if he had a cloaking device, how were the rest of us supposed to see how adorable you were together *_*? See, now that would have been bad.

=P!

Dia
06-04-2003, 11:48 AM
Dance, concert, whatever! ^^

Artema
06-04-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by kleykulele
But Artema, if he had a cloaking device, how were the rest of us supposed to see how adorable you were together *_*? See, now that would have been bad.

Mou! :eek: We aren't fanservice!! ;)

It was rather funny though when I was walking back downstairs after that and I heard a "Mrs. Anderson" o0'''

lei
06-04-2003, 11:37 PM
Ok, I'm a little late with my secruity gripe, BUT I do have one. Ok, so my skirt was pretty short (I was Jam GGX :-) and Sunday morning while in the dealers room some of the dealers (the super nice Manga people) called me over, pointed out a guy in a green shirt and said "He was walking behind you with his camera phone up your skirt". So I seriously fought the urge to kick his ass and found the nearest secruity person (a woman) who forced him to stay in the coner while she found a higher authory. Well, while she was explaining what happened to her "superior" (a man), the guy was deleting the pictures. The woman security grabed the phone from him to stop him, but it was to late. He denied it and even though it was painfully obvious what he had done, the security man said there was no proof and "maybe you should put on a longer skirt" WTF?!?!?
I guess the only good thing to come out of the whole situation was that all the pictures were deleted and since I'm sure I wasnt the only girl he did that to, so atleast I help some other girls.

kleykulele
06-04-2003, 11:42 PM
X_X!!!!!

Ewww, that is so icky and wrong. What is the matter with some people? I mean, I know that by wearing skimpy clothes we give them permission to gawk, but not permission to invade.

Good for you, for catching his nasty butt >:O!!

Ringo
06-05-2003, 12:33 AM
That's weird that you say that because I thought someone was doing it to me and my friend but, I didn't really think about it. XD I thought well maybe he droped is camera. Besides I wear "bloomers" =P

Still very creepy, it's a good thing he did get caught.

lei
06-05-2003, 12:43 AM
Like I said, I'm happy I caught him but still mad that nothing was done about it, you know?

kleykulele
06-05-2003, 01:03 AM
Ooooooh, Ringo! I think it was you who complimented Beth and me on our Ginger costumes...I remembered your Sugar costume and how amazing it was.

Just some random babble...

And I am still shuddering at the creepiness of that guy, and I cannot believe the stupid security guy for letting him off. Grrrr.

Ringo
06-05-2003, 01:16 AM
Yes! That was me! Your costumes were so cute! If I had known you had Ginger costumes I would have brought Sugar too. ;_;
Maybe some other con =D

Yeah they should have banned that guy on the spot. Shoplifters aren't really given the benefit of the doubt, why do pervs get it? It's not like you didn't have witnesses. I would suggest writing a letter to security, so they can address the issue for next year.

diet_otaku
06-05-2003, 01:57 AM
too much... to reply to...

FOOD: i was a smarty and kept sandwich makings in a cooler in my room. breakfast courtesy of the kon suite, i didn't pay one red cent for meals the whole weekend. ^_^

MERCHANDISE: the only real stuff i bought was an ai yori aoshi DVD because it was $20 on sunday. i REALLY wanted a chobits wallscroll, but apparently only one booth had the foresight to carry wallscrolls, and they had no chobits despite it being the most popular series of the year.

SECURITY: what got me the most was that duct-tape and plastic swords were being taken, but wooden bokkens were okey-dokey. they DO know you can break bones with a bokken, right?

nyarrrr... need sleep...

die-sama
06-05-2003, 08:28 AM
nyarh this thread moves too fast >_<

first i'd like to clear some things up that i might said before :X *gomen*

1 i coudl care less what costumes show up , but if someone's gonna argue about what costumes can or cant' show up, might as well be something that i dont think i've seen in manga format >_<;;; but i'm one of the biggest Lord of the Rings/ harry Potter/ Matrix/ Star Wars/ whutever sci-fi/magic/fantasy stuff out there fans that i know >_< *falls over*
but whutever i think everyone rocks, anyone who puts effort into their costumes rock :D

I <3 the matrix group.. (I think i saw another Neo on friday..was it just me? @_@ but it was from the first movie)

they were talkin about letting someoen in w/ boken swords ????X_____X;;; (referring to security) arg i dont get it

diet_otaku
06-05-2003, 11:17 AM
i saw plenty of people walking around the con with bokkens. one guy was even swinging his around thursday evening in the pre-reg line and no one made a peep.

die-sama
06-05-2003, 12:06 PM
T___________________________T;;;;;;;;;

and yet we had to stay in the security line bickering with them for an hour over Rosiel Yuber's Giant Chopsticks? X_________X;;
they were CHOPSTICKS!!!! literally ><;

caelestis
06-05-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by lei
Ok, I'm a little late with my secruity gripe, BUT I do have one. Ok, so my skirt was pretty short (I was Jam GGX :-) and Sunday morning while in the dealers room some of the dealers (the super nice Manga people) called me over, pointed out a guy in a green shirt and said "He was walking behind you with his camera phone up your skirt". So I seriously fought the urge to kick his ass and found the nearest secruity person (a woman) who forced him to stay in the coner while she found a higher authory. Well, while she was explaining what happened to her "superior" (a man), the guy was deleting the pictures. The woman security grabed the phone from him to stop him, but it was to late. He denied it and even though it was painfully obvious what he had done, the security man said there was no proof and "maybe you should put on a longer skirt" WTF?!?!?
I guess the only good thing to come out of the whole situation was that all the pictures were deleted and since I'm sure I wasnt the only girl he did that to, so atleast I help some other girls.

Gyahh-- at least you showed some restraint and *didnt* beat the crap out of him-- everyone knows *I* would have. At least you caught him though.

die-sama
06-05-2003, 01:39 PM
X_________X even though the fanboys learned the meaning of deodorant (at least some of them) I suppose they havnet' learned the meaning of decency quite yet

thats awfully disturbing. filming up anyone's skirt T,T

Pincer
06-07-2003, 02:59 PM
Hello!! This is my first time posting on this bulletin board! FYI I was the guy dressed as Hayato (Star Gladiator) on friday and King (Tekken3) on Saturday.

On the topic of security being a pack of knuckleheads take into consideration over 70% of them were newbies. A number of us volunteer staffers this year have talking a lot about that and believe me there's definitely going to be some attitude changes on those people for next year. And yes, you can only imagine the complaints a lot of us had about the new security people. Hopefully for A-Kon 15 the kinks will be worked out!

Other than that, I had a good time other than the sensory overload I suffered on Friday which resulted in a nasty headache to where the nap I took made me miss the opening ceremonies. **chuckle** But the one deal where I had to grovel on stage for my badge back, someone is definitely going to receive some hellacious payback for that prank pulled on me. Person in question switched badges on me when I took my badge holder off to do some stuff in the room. grrrrrr.

accelagirl
06-07-2003, 03:45 PM
lei - man, that's sick, good for you for getting him! (and your jam was awesome ^_^)

all i can say about a-kon is: i am glad they're moving it to adam's mark (and if that hotel's good for quakecon, then it'll be good for a-kon! XD i'll get back to you all on the hotel's con-liness after quakecon AKA master of smellyboy cons)

die-sama
06-07-2003, 07:14 PM
accel girl ur pic rocks XD "sadako hide and batzmaru!" XD

nice combo XD

lei
06-07-2003, 09:04 PM
I guess I'm over it (not like I can do anything about it), but thanks everyone for being super nice about it. I can only hope that God smite his cell phone dead.
Oh, and thanks, accelagirl alot of people had no idea who I was all weekend, plus my sawa -kite- got alot of "random school girl" comments. Bastards :-)

accelagirl
06-08-2003, 02:56 AM
die - it's the team you don't want to mess with *shaft music begins*

lei - hmn, i don't think i saw that outfit, but yeah! most people had no idea who all the GG characters were... the beauty of it is that the outfits are cool anyways :>