PDA

View Full Version : L - Death Note

S o r a
12-07-2007, 05:39 AM
For my first cosplay, I decided I would be L. He has been my favorite anime/manga character for awhile now. I'm having a difficult time with this simple costume, though. I looked in several different department stores and the mall... but I couldn't find a plain white long sleeve shirt or a pair of baggy jeans that were light blue/faded.

...I must not be looking hard enough. :\

Is there a web site/web sites that sells plain white long sleeve shirts or baggy jeans?

Thanks.

shivachan
12-07-2007, 06:35 AM
... I'd just try any store at a mall. I know for my girlfriend's L shirt we found it at Bootlegger. And jeans are found anywhere. Just buy a size up, or get wide leg. Make sure they're not too baggy, but just baggy enough. You can always wear a belt though, or wear cute boxers underneath so that if the pants fall down a bit it's okay. L's supposed to look kinda scrubby anyway. You have to wonder if he even bathes or if his hair sticks up that way with grease.

Ew...

RogueMimzy
12-07-2007, 08:25 AM
I know about this time of year stores like Gap and Old Navy are putting out their long-sleeved high-necked shirts. They're fairly cheap, so just get one in a bigger size (possibly as big as you can... not if you're a medium, get a large. If you're a medium, try maybe XL or XXL if you're lucky x3)

Ditto Shivachan for the pants, though. As much as I hate to say it, stores like American Eagle (I only cosplay-shop there @.x) might have something baggy and faded. I also believe their pants come with belts, so that should solve problems with that.

Good luck with your L cos =D Check out the other L thread that's going on if you're interested in what people think about shoes or things like that x3

B34N1
12-07-2007, 09:39 AM
For L's cosplay you shouldnt have to buy anything online, unless its like a wig. Ummm you should try Zellers and Wal Mart depending on where you live, boy section ofcourse. I'm pretty sure if you go to a decent mall in your area you will find it. Good luck.

EnnuiAE
12-09-2007, 12:35 AM
yea i think the best place to find some good faded jeans are american eagle.

>.> i randomly bought some boy pants..no apparent reason. pretty baggy. buut now i can use them..cause i want to cosplay as L too.

yay for L...

Chewibunny
12-09-2007, 01:39 AM
I was lucky to find mine randomly in a Department store without looking.
Though I saw that Old Navy had them in stock at the men's department. It was around 12-18 dollars when I saw it. Sheesh! At that price, your much better off making your own. Usually I recommend used clothes store for a better deal, but most white shirts there are covered in stains, if not of the arms.

As a tip, cloth thickness is important. Its hard to find a good white shirt that won't be a little see-through. So I suggest that you test the fabric by putting your hand inbetween the layers and see if it's still visible. And hopefully its not. ^^

Shampoo-chan13
12-10-2007, 02:14 PM
I want to cosplay as L too but i'm having trouble with the eyeliner...
i never wear makeup...so any tips?

Koisnake
12-10-2007, 05:03 PM
I want to cosplay as L too but i'm having trouble with the eyeliner...
i never wear makeup...so any tips?

Don't over do it. Make yourself look 'tired', not like a goth. Put it on your lower lid and under your eye.

Shampoo-chan13
12-14-2007, 04:21 PM
Don't over do it. Make yourself look 'tired', not like a goth. Put it on your lower lid and under your eye.

Thank you so much! :33
i just went and got blushes and new eye shadow..for it ^=^"
becasue i had really old makeout and it made my eyes red >_<""
i made it look pretty good XD

chibipanda
12-18-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm cosplaying as L this coming year as well, and I just got my shirt at Target at least. And i still need to get the pants, but i'm just gonna get it at the mall or somethin.
Cause yea, i don't think it's such a good idea to get it online.. cause you have to know if it fits right. ^-^

Cisorlyx
12-19-2007, 03:22 PM

BebopSiren
12-19-2007, 03:34 PM
lucky me. I already had L clothes when I decided to be L.

You could try some good will/thrift stores to find L stuff, too. That's what I was gonna do until I realized I didn't really need to.

As for make-up, I actually didn't sleep, put a line of eyeliner under each eye and smudged it with my fingertip.

Good luck on your search

lindseyy
01-05-2008, 04:18 AM
Wouldn't a men's white thermal top work for L? or no?