PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland trip the day before AX

JoeBoeing
06-01-2003, 07:04 PM
Greetings all,

I've been thinking of going to Disneyland if my funds permit on Wednesday July 2nd which is the day before AX and since theme parks are always more fun in groups I'm wondering if anyone would care to do a group trip.

Disneyland will not allow any costumes other than the ones they sell in the park. So leave your costumes in the hotel if this happens.

From,
Joe

Isaldur
06-01-2003, 08:50 PM
Heh souns interesting. my bro wanted to go there anyway. Lemme think about it ;)

BlueLady
06-01-2003, 09:10 PM
one thing you might want to keep in mind is that it will be very verrrrry crowded ( forth of july weekend ) and matterhorn and space mountian will definatly be closed. Pirates is being refurbished and is supposed to open one week prior to your planned trip ( take your chances) and haunted mansion was shut down for refurbishments when we were there 3 weeks ago. Fair warning

Isaldur
06-01-2003, 09:17 PM
That's what I was saying. Tis' whole thing is gonna be a paaaain

I was just looking up random stuff as this is about a month away now right? Sure. Getting there is cheap, staying there's gonna be a #@$&*(@# tho.

The cheapest places to stay are around $80 a night.. and my bro wants to stay at one of the more expensive ones... sorry bro not this time!

Michi
06-01-2003, 09:27 PM
I'm going to be going with friends on Monday after the con, probably.. Went last AX to Disneyland on Monday and it wasn't crowded at all. ^_^

DarkGunner
06-01-2003, 09:55 PM
Yah, I have to agree with BlueLady on this one, the park is going to be extremly crowded. Peak season started a few weeks ago and crowds and lines have been ridiculous. I am up for going though. Hope we can set something up!

Maryssa
06-01-2003, 10:18 PM
why would those rides be closed? I went a couple years ago at the same time and they never closed...

also, in general, the disney parks have not been doing well with attendance this year. economy is bad and so are theme parks. i dont think it will be problematically crowded, at least not worse than a normal summer day. you just can't expect to immediately walk on the big rides is all. ^^

BlueLady
06-01-2003, 10:29 PM
space mountian.. redoing it, matterhorn, completely remodeling it after injuries, pirates, complete cleaning, haunted mansion, reprogramming. I have a season pass for disneyland and magic mountian. Disneyland's been zoo-y but not bad, magic maountians a lost cuase unless you LIKE 3 hour lines.

Michi
06-01-2003, 10:41 PM
Space Mountain is closed til 2005. *cries*

I'd say to go after the holiday weekend. Then most people've gone home, and if it's a weekday.. even less people. Well, from my experience, anyway..

SohjiroX
06-01-2003, 10:54 PM
I'm going, I should be going with I believe Freya and co.

Aoshi Shinomori
06-02-2003, 12:49 AM
I think our group is going the day before AX. we plan to arrive there early and hang out at Disneyland. Does anybody know how much it cost for tickets to go in? i havent been there since my senior trip.

Miaka No Baka
06-02-2003, 01:42 AM
space mountain is closed? yay! I hated that ride because the stupid ride was too jerky and like it gave me a massive headache due to the headrest not being very soft. X_X head hit it too many times, that and they had the lights up a bit brighter than normal so you could see the track infront of you. totally kills the moment there lol. I don't think I'll go to disneyland cause like I'd rather have enough money for food and hotel and con expenses than to blow like 50 bucks for admission to disneyland. X_X

Miaka no Baka

Maryssa
06-02-2003, 01:45 AM
wow o_o they must b e really trying to overhaul everything. yikes.

Isaldur
06-02-2003, 01:56 AM
k maybe I'll switch things around a bit then. Makes sense to do that.

So basically we'll leave on thursday and come back on tuesday maybe. Heheh. I dunno who else is going something like that?!

Michi
06-02-2003, 01:58 AM
I'm staying a few extra days after the con, but probably arriving the first day of AX.. The extra days are for Disneyland and whatever else in SoCal I might wanna do post-con. ^^

BlueLady
06-02-2003, 10:44 AM
Tickets are $48 but they might be running some kinda special if you look around,,

Nadeshiko
06-02-2003, 05:06 PM
*blinkblink*

I remember last time it was a little bit under $40, oy...Disneyland is going insane.

I went last year with a few friends of mine. I don't think I can do it this year 'cause I have summer school and have to drop a friend off at the airport. Can't do it the day before either 'cause I gots to pick up friends at the airport.

JoeBoeing
06-02-2003, 05:19 PM
If that many attractions are closed I think I'll pass on it. Thanks for the notice. But $48.00 to go to Disneyland!!!! That is nuts!

FRom,
Joe

Michi
06-02-2003, 06:12 PM
I think Space Mountain is the only one sure to be closed. Pirates was closed when I was there last month, but it was just that day, I think.. @_x There's still Indiana Jones and Big Thunder and so forth. :3 I'M going. Geez.

DarkGunner
06-02-2003, 08:18 PM
Admission to Disneyland is currently $48. o_O;; If you really want to save some money and plan on returning to Disneyland soon and live in the SoCal area buy the So.Cal annual passport for $105. I mean, you pay it off in three visits and it's good at CaliAdventure. Refurbishment is just a fancy smanchy word that Disney uses that means that the ride is closed for installment of new ride car thingers (rockets in Space Mountain's case) and basically cleaning and going over all the machinery to make sure everything is working properly. Personally I think it's about time for a Space Mtn. refurbishment, the music for that ride has been off for a year now. They currently just finished refurbing Matterhorn and the carousel. :D Anyways! Perhaps there could some sort of gathering on the Monday after expo or Thursday depending on everyone's scehdule.

Isaldur
06-02-2003, 08:53 PM
Heh ok that makes things a little less suckage.

You'd think a place like disney would check their rides daily don't you?

Michi
06-02-2003, 09:18 PM
Actually since Space Mountain is closed for a good two years, I think they're going to overhaul it quite a bit.. and I'm scared, because that has always been my favorite ride. o_x

Blarr, someday I'll buy a season pass.. because they seem very nifty.. and I might go to college in SoCal somday. @_@

So umm yeah. Monday. July 7th. I'm planning on Disneyland. :X

Eurobeat King
06-03-2003, 03:37 AM
That sux if Space Mountain is closed during the summer, since I like that ride; one of my faves at D-land. :(

My group (6 right now) is planning on going to D-land on Monday, July 7th, as well. We usually go the day AFTER Expo, since the day BEFORE AX starts (July 2nd) is when we travel down to So.CA, check into the hotel, familiarize ourselves with the locale, and mainly: since 2001 my bro and i have helped out a dealer friend set-up his stuff, like transporting goods from his rental van right to his booth, and he takes care of our registration. :) Afterwards, a good dinner with friends, see who shows up at the hotel/convention center, (and who shows up IN costume for the first set of cosplay pics I take) and so since there's stuff to do, being at the con-site makes it seem like a 5th day for Anime Expo! ;)

So D-land for Eurobeat King is on Monday. If anyone else is planning to go on Monday, perhaps we'll meet up at a specific point in the park (like the Walt & Mickey statue) at a designated time to take a group picture of the cosplay.com people who survived AX.. We should wear Anime T-shirts or bring plushies to show our support. I might wear my Initial D t-shirt and bring my stuffed AE86 in with me!) :skidude2:

Michi
06-03-2003, 03:44 AM
Al ~ Space Mountain isn't just closed for the summer, it's closed completely til 2005. :p My friends and I should be going on Monday, so we could meet up with you possibly. ^^

Toka_pop
06-03-2003, 03:46 AM
Actually since Space Mountain is closed for a good two years, I think they're going to overhaul it quite a bit.. and I'm scared, because that has always been my favorite ride. o_x
I'm scared too..I hate it when they mess with the classic rides. I heard they closed Pirates so they could change it because of the new movie. I don't know if that's true, but I sure hope it isn't.

Fake_Harley
06-03-2003, 12:01 PM
Ya know... I'm going with Toka_Pop, and she said I could invite a friend, and my friend and I were supposed to go to Disneyland while we were down there. Toka is going for like one or two days, and my friend and I got 5 day passes. Now my friend is suddnely being a bitch and saying she might not be able to go. It would have been nice if she had told me sooner so I could have found someone else to go with, but nooo, she waits til a month before and we've already bought the tickets. I am going to use my 5 day pass though! I payed for it and I'm going to get use out of it! SO for three or four days I'm going to have to go to Disneyland by myself, and now you're telling me that a bunch of the funnest rides will be closed?! Mustn't... kill... everyone... @_@

BlueLady
06-03-2003, 12:19 PM
they arn't changing pirates as Ive heard, just doing repairs and getting rid of the mold that was growing in there. It open date is supposed to be late June.

PZB
06-03-2003, 03:12 PM
Pireates reopened this weekend...umm, last time I checked, Mansion will be open through Sept. Space is closed for to years, and as of yesterday, Matterhorn was open. But yes, anytime around that weekend, it will be a madhouse.

Fake_Harley
06-03-2003, 03:52 PM
According to the Disneyland website, the only one that'll be closed in July is Space Mountain. And Sleeping Beauty's castle... but I can't even remember the last time that was open... Oh, and that creepy limo ride at California Adventure, but that's, um, creepy.

DarkGunner
06-03-2003, 05:36 PM
Oh yah I forgot about Superstar limo. That ride is crazay. It was closed while they were testing out the Pooh ride but I think they will be reopening it sometime during the summer. Most likely it will be opened when Tower of Terror opens. Woot for Tower of Terror!! If there is a meetup on Monday I am so wearing my "oro" Kenshin shirt. :P

BlueLady
06-03-2003, 06:14 PM
cool pirates reopened early thats good
Harley I wouldnt take that site to law ( the officail dL site)..the hours arnt even right..

hmm matterhorn was closed 2 weeks ago they told us 2 more months..hah ha lovely employees

Michi
06-03-2003, 06:18 PM
Ooh. Then if Space Mountain's the only thing still closed, it should be fine! Mwahaha. I'm gonna spend lots of time before AX seeing how many of my friend's'll join for Disneyland on Monday. :3

PZB
06-03-2003, 10:53 PM
Pirates was actually right on time (a day early maybe, but I wasn't there Thrusday.) All I know is our sales at the cariacture cart are back to normal now that Pirates and Bayou are open again.

Never trust the official site....but not all CMs are idiot....course, then again, I'm not technically a real cast member (contract....wheeeee) so who knows. :D But according to our reference guide, the only thing closed right now is Space and the castle. So who knows who's asleep at the wheel....

Fake_Harley
06-03-2003, 11:31 PM
Harley I wouldnt take that site to law ( the officail dL site)..the hours arnt even right..

Hey... don't burst my bubble. *sniff*

SohjiroX
06-04-2003, 12:13 PM
the blue bayou is great place, I had dinner there once, it would be nice to go and all eat there and take alot of pics but you have to have a reservation, wait listen before we plan this can I ask if I can see if friend who works for disney land hosting can get us dinner there and also some other stuff? its a long shot but I know he can get some things done, maybe even let cosplay go somewhat.

Fake_Harley
06-04-2003, 12:34 PM
If you have a friend with Disneyland connections, you should get him to get us into club 33. 0_0 I do like the blue bayou. It's so pretty! But the food isn't that great (maybe I'm just picky) and it's way expensive. If I go there I'll order... water and dinner rolls. u_u;;;

SohjiroX
06-04-2003, 06:58 PM
I can see what he can give us just need to call him right now and find out.

DarkGunner
06-04-2003, 10:12 PM
I agree Fake_harley I have eaten there twice and was not impressed with the food either time. The only thing that makes me go back there is the fact that you can wave to people on Pirates. :P Club 33?! OOoh that place is awesome! Too bad I can't get us in. :(

Michi
06-04-2003, 10:28 PM
Nothing wrong with water and bread rolls. XD I love the Blue Bayou just for the atmosphere with the New Orleans/Pirates theme. Don't remember what the food was like, because I haven't eaten there in years. o.O

PZB
06-05-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Fake_Harley
If you have a friend with Disneyland connections, you should get him to get us into club 33. 0_0

Good connections and a $10,000 membership (don't quote me on that price, but I've heard it's in the five digits.)

Space is being rehauled to be a bit more like Paris Disneyland's Space which has the 0-60 launch and so on a so forth. There's been talk of a loop, but I don't think that building is big enough. But it's supposed to be opening for Disneyland's 50th anniversary in 2005.

Michi
06-05-2003, 12:45 PM
Ewww they better not put a loop in it. *growls*

Kamui Motoaki
06-05-2003, 02:09 PM
I'm going on Weds!
Hope to see any of you there. . . ^_^

Toka_pop
06-05-2003, 02:14 PM
Space is being rehauled to be a bit more like Paris Disneyland's Space which has the 0-60 launch and so on a so forth. There's been talk of a loop, but I don't think that building is big enough. But it's supposed to be opening for Disneyland's 50th anniversary in 2005.
That really makes me mad. I liked Space because it wasn't an outrageously fast and overwhelming roller coaster. It was fun, but not white-knuckle inducing.

Psychotic Jei
06-07-2003, 02:13 PM
I think the current deal is a four day park hopper pass for like 80-something.... if I remember right. I really wish they would do the SoCal residence for kids price again. 33 is a bit better than 47...

Fake_Harley
06-07-2003, 03:06 PM
Good connections and a $10,000 membership (don't quote me on that price, but I've heard it's in the five digits.)

Yeah, it's something like that. u_u;; I get the feeling the only way I'll ever get in is if I work there. Or if I marry a millionaire! *Looks around for hot millionaire to come walking in with a boquet of red roses, then wakes up... aw...*

About the space mountain thing... Gah! That powerful sucks! I'm a roller coaster wuss! I liked space mountain as it was! Why can't they just leave their rides that are already popular as they are?! *fizzles with rage* If they want to build crazy roller coasters, I think they should do it in California Adventure, and keep Disneyland more aimed for little kids and wusses like me. @_@

Anyway... When are you all going to be in Disneyland and where are you meeting? I'll be there on the 1rst, 2nd, 5th, and 6th... and I have a five day pass so I'll probably go for at least part of one other day.

PZB
06-07-2003, 05:26 PM
The 4 day pass is a SoCal thing I believe. (Just got the b/f a pass last night, and I saw something about it, but didn't get the details....I can take a look at work sometime tomorrow if people are interested.)