PDA

View Full Version : The Host Club

box of doom
12-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Hey everyone!

I know a bunch of people are already planning their cosplays for next year, and I've heard a few people say they're doing Ouran people.

At NAF 2007, a group of us did some in-character hosting, and two_powers and I were wondering if anyone would be interested in doing it at NAF /08.

I'm starting earlier this time because hopefully we can get things organized (last year, none of us really knew what we were doing.... though the hosting still turned out pretty well, apparently ^_^). And as much fun as the Lost Idiot posters were, it would be nice to have a full host club.

Also, if anyone has any ideas for a theme, that would be great as well. ^_^ (If you think we should just stick with minimal decoration like last year, go ahead and say that too. ^^)

Date/time: 1-3 Saturday and Sunday

People so far:

Haruhi: The Pie Ninja
Tamaki: SoraTsutoni, CloakedSchemer
Kyouya: two_powers
Honey-senpai: box of doom
Mori-senpai: AncientWanderer
Hikaru: Brita_Lee, Lossien
Kaoru: tenshi_kuira, SuperSushi

Kassanoda: Destiny Winguard [not on cosplay.com]
Nekozawa: KurumiJ
Eclair: CloakedSchemer

Doubles are more than welcome, as are more non-host club characters. ^_^

If anyone would like to help out in bringing refreshments, please let me know!

AncientWanderer
12-09-2007, 02:49 PM
If my plans for attending NAF stay intact, I'd definitely be down :) What sort of set-up did you have last time?

Zora Genin
12-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Hey this is last NAF's Koaru, and I think that we should definatly do it again at NAF/08. Although since the panel failed so badly ether we should skip it or get together sometime and plan something. AS for the hosting it was reasonably fun and we should do it again, though with more decor, and less can-kicking :S

Tsukasa_1
12-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Hosting 101 could work if it is planned in advance, and being solely the topic (when you host a panel of multiple topics is hard to maintain the subject at had ^^)

box of doom
12-09-2007, 10:18 PM
Personally, I would say veto the panel and just do the actual hosting. Unless people actually want to get together and plan something, but depending on how many people we have, that may not be an option. *shrugs*

I'd be all up for running or helping to run a panel ON Host Club though (as opposed to AS the host club, although I'd probably still be dressed as a certain Haninozuka... *insert innocent look here*).

@ Ancient Wanderer: At NAF /07, we booked the eating area (I don't know what to officially call it, but it's where they were serving the food that they did serve, also where the 404s and a few others performed), and decorated a few tables, where we could sit with our designations. From there, people came in and we... more or less had a hosting session like what you'd normally find in the Ouran host club. All in-character, all fun. ^_^

We served cake, cookies, and a few other things to our guests too. And played a couple games. (Which one is Hikaru?, Kick the can.... we actually had a looong game of Red Light Green Light going on in the hall a little earlier, but that wasn't actually part of the hosting session.)

(We also had an IC panel, which kinda.......... uhhh.... was completely unplanned (we knew we were doing it but no clue whatsoever WHAT we were doing...), and thus kinda... didn't work to well, so we're probably ditching that.)

Zora Genin
12-14-2007, 05:17 PM
... ... spam ... ...

Brita_Lee
12-14-2007, 05:42 PM
This sounds like lots of fun! Hummm.....which host to do...
*mawls Jenn*

box of doom
12-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Yay!!! Tell me if/when you know who you want to do, and I shall add you to the list~!
Doubles are certainly fine (we had 3 Haruhis last year-- well, two and one that showed up... ^^; ) so if that's impeding your [or anyone's] choice at all, don't worry in the least.

Brita_Lee
12-18-2007, 07:14 PM
Hrmm...well you have a Kaoru, so maybe I'll go as Hikaru.

box of doom
12-19-2007, 10:44 AM
Awesome! ^_^ *Adds you to the list*

And that means we have a full host club! Yay!!! ^_____^

Zora Genin
12-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Just to be informative, we probably already have a Hikaru. Like BoD said noone cares but thought id let you guys know.

box of doom
12-24-2007, 01:41 PM
Just to be informative, we probably already have a Hikaru. Like BoD said noone cares but thought id let you guys know.

You mean the one from last year?

If he wants to, then great! ^^ I'm just... not assuming anyone either way until they say. (There's probably going to be at least one more set of Hitachiins too, but again, I'd rather have them say that they're interested/still doing the costumes than assume.)

Zora Genin
01-04-2008, 10:38 AM
Speaking of which...

Elendriel
01-09-2008, 09:38 PM
I was looking for a con that's closer for me in July...and if my passport issues resolve, then this could be a possibility :)

if I am able to attend, I'll most likely bring Eclair ;)

KurumiJ
01-09-2008, 09:54 PM
My brother may be going as a simple Nekozawa(as in, just the cloak XD) I remember before going on Saturday we went to a costume shop to get him a cloak but we didn't end up getting one. So yeah, enough of that XD If he doesn't make another cosplay he'll probably cosplay Nekozawa ^-^'

The Pie Ninja
01-10-2008, 07:34 PM
I loved the hosting last year, it was a blast. Got to chat with some interesting people, lol. My table wasn't that popular, but oh well.

box of doom
01-14-2008, 07:40 PM
@ Cloakedschemer: It's actually late June. Close enough to July? ^^;
I hope your passport issues resolve themselves.

@ KurumiJ: Cool. ^^ Nekozawa is always fun to see. ^_^

I've put both of you down for now... if you want me to change it or take you off, just say so.

KazeChan
01-23-2008, 06:34 PM
Host club! YAY ^-^
I will definatly run by and take lots of photos of you guys =D
I heard you all hosted something last year =O and it was sucessful!

^.^ Thats exciting!
If you're cosplaying them as well on Sunday, I will definatly drop by and take pics!

SuperSushi
01-30-2008, 12:23 AM
I'll most likely be attending as Tamaki. ^^v

Tsukasa_1
02-06-2008, 11:12 PM
@box_of_doom: Now is the time to submit your panelist application, you can submit it online now (no worries about slow snail-mail anymore). We need the application to confirm your time / space before someone else requests it. ^^

box of doom
02-07-2008, 07:25 PM
@box_of_doom: Now is the time to submit your panelist application, you can submit it online now (no worries about slow snail-mail anymore). We need the application to confirm your time / space before someone else requests it. ^^

two_powers and I will probably have the form in in two weeks. We're just figuring out what other panels we want to do at first (or at least two others, we might sign up for more later).

If anyone wants to be on the panelist appication with us, email me at clue4ever@hotmail.com ASAP please.

Also: Does anyone have a preference on time?
We were at 3:00pm on the Sunday last year. Does that sound good?
Should we go for one hour? Or longer?

Also, welcome SuperSushi! It's great to see another Tamaki! I'll add you to the list. ^_^

Brita_Lee
02-12-2008, 05:20 PM
That time sounds fair. Its still a ways away for me. Hey JennH! We gonna try and get not-lost together, yes?

Lossien
02-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Hoe! I feel like this is so late!

Demo... *pokes fingers together* My sister and I spoke to you last year about going as the twins, (we were Kaidoh and Fuji), and we are definitaly doing it this year. We even spoke about doing the french waiter outfits as well. We would like to be doubles for you, if possible.

We might hae others, but they're not confirmed as of yet.

Gomen for the late repply. ><

box of doom
02-22-2008, 11:23 PM
Are you kidding, this is FEBRUARY!! NOT LATE AT ALL!!! :D:D:D:D

(June 20th would be late. XD and even then we'd be like YAAAAAAAY!!!!!!)

If you get more, tell us. ^_^
(Oooh, this is going to be so much fun!!!)

Also: do you guys still have the posters? Did you ever upload them?

Elendriel
02-23-2008, 12:05 AM
Hoe! I feel like this is so late!

Demo... *pokes fingers together* My sister and I spoke to you last year about going as the twins, (we were Kaidoh and Fuji), and we are definitaly doing it this year. We even spoke about doing the french waiter outfits as well. We would like to be doubles for you, if possible.

We might hae others, but they're not confirmed as of yet.

Gomen for the late repply. ><

right now, since I'm still hoping to go, depending, you'll have your King :)

Lossien
02-24-2008, 12:15 AM
Yay on our King!

And I'll ask my sister about the posters. She was supposed to have uploaded them, but I'll remind her. Also - our Tamaki is Amazing! SHe roxxorz my soxxors, though Haruhi is mine :P

Elendriel
02-24-2008, 01:42 AM
I am disinclined to aquieste your request, dear Hikaru ;) for no one can see or touch my daughter except for me! *hides Haruhi*

box of doom
02-24-2008, 11:28 PM
Should I change you from Eclair to Tamaki then, Cloakedschemer?
And that'd be great, Lossien. XD (Honestly, I should have scanned them all BEFORE NAF last year. If I do anything even remotely simmilar again, I'll have to remember to. *nods*)

And I thought Haru-chan was going to come share cake with meeeee.... T_T

Elendriel
02-25-2008, 01:48 PM
You can still keep me as Eclair too :)

box of doom
04-24-2008, 12:15 AM
Time is up on the panels thread, to give people a heads-up. :D
(Dunno if it's QUITE final or not, but it's up nonetheless. ^^)

Everyone still in? Anyone else interested in joining?

I'll probably be bringing in some form of dessert for the hosting... would anyone else like to volunteer to bring stuff too? Last year we had cake and brownies and cookies.

We can probably have a little bit of time for photoshoot in there, or we could step outside after a bit of cleanup to have one after or something... that sound good?

SuperSushi
04-24-2008, 10:03 PM
Just wanted to let you know that I'll probably be going as Kaoru now, instead of Tamaki. Not sure whether I'll have a Hikaru with me or not. xD

box of doom
04-26-2008, 11:29 AM
That's cool. ^^ Especially since someone just said they might not be able to do Kaoru anymore. ^^; (Yay things working out maybe?)

SuperSushi
04-26-2008, 01:42 PM
oOoh that's weird.
Sounds to me like things are working out, definatelyyy. xD

wanabecosplayer
05-12-2008, 09:22 PM
do this again at NAF 09 and i might be renge XP

Uta Arashino
05-12-2008, 09:47 PM
Seeing as I only have one costume planned for NAF, I may or may not bring my Hunny, depending on...whether or not I plan to wear Paine both days. If I do bring it, I'd be Hunny on the Sunday. v ^.^

And, knowing me, I'll probably have some snacks with me. I am notorious for making baked goods for con.

box of doom
05-28-2008, 06:21 AM
With the con now a little under a month away, I'd just like to reconfirm everyone's availabilty.

There will be hosting both days from 1-3pm, and we've been asked if we would also perhaps do some at the 5th year anniversary party, which is 4-6 on Sunday.

If you could comment just saying if you think you'll be able to make the times or not, or if you know you'll be dragging people along who can, that would be great.

Also: If anyone would like to help planning any sort of specifics for the event, or help provide food or whatnot, please contact me at clue4ever@hotmail.com

Thanks. ^^

SuperSushi
05-28-2008, 02:50 PM
I'll be able to attend both days no problem. ^-^

The Pie Ninja
05-30-2008, 08:32 PM
I'll be there for hosting of course, like last year. ^^
There both days, obviously.

box of doom
06-23-2008, 05:27 PM
The con's in a week! We've got a fair amount of food promised, if you want to bring in anything, please do. Also, if people want to confirm that they ARE still coming (or that they've changed cosplay plans) please do.

*squeeeee* I'm exciiiited!!!!

Lossien
06-25-2008, 10:02 AM
Yay! It's in... 3 days! *dun dun duuuuuuun!!*

We (tenshi_kuira and I) might have a Hunny with us. Either that or Nekozawa, lol, but I think Hunny. We also have a Mori with us. Who likes to write in a death note...

There's something very concerning about that...

box of doom
06-25-2008, 11:32 AM
So long as Takashi doesn't go writing any of OUR names in it, I think we'll be fine. At least I'd hope we'll be fine. =D

And yay for bringing others with you! (Ooh! A second Honey! (though having a Nekozawa would also be love))

The Pie Ninja
06-28-2008, 09:12 AM
Yay! Just finished cake and such!

Too my costume isn't 100% xP, oh well.