PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay/Anime meetings?

LittleAki
12-13-2007, 04:21 PM
This Columbus board is pretty dead -.-
[ I know that Ohayocon is coming up - unfortunately I may only be able to attend Sunday - if at all. ]

But aside from the OSU Anime club, is anyone interested in smaller get togethers else where? Not necessarily at private residences, but at shops/resturaunts/etc in the area?

I've not heard of any other groups/clubs down here - but I would be interested in joining/forming one!

ryuuraigeki
12-16-2007, 08:52 PM
I'd be interested (depending on who all was going, as some local people I prefer to avoid).

I'm actually sort of surprised this sort of thing isn't already established here--then again, for such a big city, there don't really seem to be a whole lot of dedicated cosplayers about.

Sakura Efreet
12-25-2007, 01:24 AM
Actually, I had announced on the Ohayocon forums that I would be trying to get a large gathering going in Columbus back in July, BUT, I was forced to move back to Dallas. I'm moving back to Columbus this summer though, so I'd still like to go through with it.

I had talked about having some sort of cosplay dance/gathering thing, so if anyone is willing to help me start planning it, I'd love the help.

Miyabi-
12-26-2007, 08:57 PM
Well, I don't think we could have a dance since you'd have to rent out a place for that and it costs moolah. Not to mention DJs and stuff like that. But hey, if someone can offer out a facility/volunteer to spin I'd be up for it!

There was an anime halloween party a few years back but I've not attended anything like it since then.

I'm not too keen on cosplaying in public areas. It draws the wrong kind of attention. I definately like the idea of a picnic at some place like the Botanical Gardens on W.Broad St. They have a beautiful outdoor area and even little streams and an arched bridge! ^_^

Sakura Efreet
12-26-2007, 09:58 PM
Well, originally, there was going to be a small fee to get in.

I figure if it's reasonably priced, people would be willing to go.

I have no idea where we would hold it though, and yes, I agree, people assume we're going to make trouble when we run around in costumes...

x.x;.

I'll look into more when I go up there in a few months.

Miyabi-
12-30-2007, 10:28 PM
Hey, at Ohayocon we should all talk about it with people at the con too. ^_^ Spread word and generate more interest and maybe we'll run into people with the right connections!

Sakura Efreet
01-01-2008, 01:06 AM
Ha ha. I won't be there </3. That stinks. I'm temporarily living in Dallas... Though I hope you guys find some good info! ^^.

LittleAki
01-11-2008, 03:38 PM
I'm not sure we'd get enough people to merit renting any facilities ^_^
The anime club in my hometown used to meet at a Panera bread (free meeting rooms) and just watch some anime.

We could always Cosplay and go karaoke! :P

I didn't really have anything particular in mind so any ideas are welcome!

codi
01-14-2008, 09:02 AM
We could totally hit up Momo's!

kalajessta
01-14-2008, 03:43 PM
Momo's is great.

LittleAki
01-24-2008, 11:58 AM
I like Momo's too! I've only been there a couple of times though ><
Cosplay karaoke and bowling in one place! ^_^

Sakura Efreet
02-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Where is Momo's? I've never heard of it.

islington
02-08-2008, 12:15 AM
It's on Olentangy River Road, not too far from OSU campus.

Here's the website: http://www.momogroup.net/
And the map: http://www.momogroup.net/bigmap.htm

Hyuuga Tenten
02-09-2008, 10:44 PM
I would be up for it depending on the date and time... and if my sister can go. ^-^

Miyabi-
02-25-2008, 06:54 PM
So...should we maybe plan a March gathering for Momo's? ^_^ I just need two weeks notice to ask off for work.
I know weekends are usually best for most people but karaoke at Momo's on weekends can be a little pricey. Mid-week the rates are a little cheaper.

Bahzi
02-26-2008, 07:43 PM
So...should we maybe plan a March gathering for Momo's? ^_^ I just need two weeks notice to ask off for work.
I know weekends are usually best for most people but karaoke at Momo's on weekends can be a little pricey. Mid-week the rates are a little cheaper.

Yeah, it can be like $25 an hour on weekend nights I think for a karaoke room, possibly more for the big rooms. For Sundays and weekdays they have a 50% off karaoke rooms coupon on their site.

Anyways, I'm out, I don't sing in front of people I don't know...it's a stretch singing in front of close friends...:P

Miyabi-
02-27-2008, 12:06 AM
haha..you don't have to sing! (I wont' make you anyways) I on the other hand have no shame. ^_^

And I warn you, I can NOT sing. XD! Bring earplugs! lol

LittleAki
02-29-2008, 02:26 PM
I can go as long as it's not during the day m-f. Weekends are sometimes okay - I have some things coming up in march that will take up a couple weekends. I'm not too worried about price - I mean how many hours would we be there singing and how many people would come? And I can't sing well either - in fact I'm warning you all now ^_^ But it's still fun and singing group songs can be silly :D

kalajessta
03-01-2008, 09:05 PM
I can go on the weekends, or after 7 pm on weekdays. I'm on "vacation" the week of March 10th - 15th, but I'm just staying here in Columbus.

xaktsuki
03-17-2008, 04:44 PM
=0 I could try and go, if my mom would take me.

Miyabi-
03-19-2008, 10:28 PM
I'm really only allowed to request one weekend off a month and I usually use that to visit my boyfriend. (he lives 3 hrs away) but on his turn to come down here maybe we can both go! He likes Momo's but I doubt we'd be able to get him to sing..lol

xaktsuki
05-22-2008, 03:28 PM
I think someone should plan something over the summer, that'd be fun. ^_^ I would, but I'm too young and really disorganized, so I'm not too sure how that'd work out. xD

LittleAki
05-23-2008, 03:52 PM
Well not that it's a place to go cosplaying... but I'll be at the asian festival this weekend so say hi if you see me ^_^

xaktsuki
05-31-2008, 06:21 PM
We should hold a gathering at one of the Bleach movies. =3 Anyone else going to Lennox?

Miyabi-
06-11-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm not into Bleach so I wasn't planning on seeing it..lol

I'd be all for having a picnic or something. Would there be any interest in that? We could make it potluck. Everyone bring food and their own cups/plates/cutlery.

And what park would be the best one to hold a picnic? I've heard on the news of some of them that haven't been very safe lately...

xaktsuki
06-12-2008, 10:05 AM
That sounds like a lot of fun

...I don't know many parks. Franklin park? Park of roses? I'm just throwing out random ones here. xD

Bahzi
06-13-2008, 12:12 AM
I'm not into Bleach so I wasn't planning on seeing it..lol

I'd be all for having a picnic or something. Would there be any interest in that? We could make it potluck. Everyone bring food and their own cups/plates/cutlery.

And what park would be the best one to hold a picnic? I've heard on the news of some of them that haven't been very safe lately...

There's Sharon Woods park on Cleveland Ave. like 4 minutes from my house, if you've not been there (I can't remember if you told me you had or hadn't), you'd just go up Cleveland Ave from Morse road like you're going to my place, then just stay on Cleveland Ave past 161 for about 2 miles, and it's on the left, across from Mt Carmel Saint Ann's hospital.

It's a huge park, so if one picnic area is filled, you can just go to another. They have charcoal grills and whatnot too. There's trails that go back into the woods which would make for some excellent photo ops if anyone wanted to cosplay, and the lake there is really pretty too.

I can't imagine it's dangerous in the least, since there's usually a good amount of people around (families motly) and every time I go I see no less than 2 park rangers driving around.

I'm all for a picnic, but we should probably either do it soon, or wait until late August, if it's 93 degrees in early June, I fear for how bad July will be, especially with the humidity.

Miyabi-
06-21-2008, 05:10 PM
That park doesn't sound bad! A grilling area would be awesome. It's not too far from Easton either so if people wanted something to do afterwards there's that...

What dates would be good for everyone?

xaktsuki
06-21-2008, 06:51 PM
That park doesn't sound bad! A grilling area would be awesome. It's not too far from Easton either so if people wanted something to do afterwards there's that...

What dates would be good for everyone?

I'm good any time. Saturday and sunday mornings, and thursday and tuesday evenings, I'm horseback riding, but I should be able to miss one day.

EDIT: Actually, I'm going to KY for a week...the second week of July.

unPC-Fox
06-23-2008, 12:28 PM
I've never gone to a cosplay gathering outside of a con, but I must say this sounds quite fun. ^^ I'm not from the Columbus area but I'm close enough that it'd be no problem to drive to a one day event. That and I'm pretty much free this entire summer so whatever dates are decided upon should be fine for me.

xaktsuki
09-16-2008, 07:50 PM
I think on the 15th of November, there's a cosplay gathering at Gameworks in Easton. This is all organized on the cosplay.com board, so keep checking there for updates.