PDA

View Full Version : Miyuki-chan in Wonderland/Mirrorland

Nine
06-02-2003, 03:50 AM
Hey! Anyone planning any Miyuki-chan in Wonderland/Mirrorland cosplay? I am! XD I'm going to be cosplaying Humpty Dumpty from Miyuki-chan in Mirrorland. XD I bought the with and boa yesterday.. http://nine3k1.ods.org/humptydumptywig.jpg XD Don't worry, the facial hair will be gone when I have the actual costume. I'll also be doing the S&M Queen of Hearts from Miyuki-chan in Wonderland.. muhahaha!! XD I love her spikes!

Babbit_Chan
06-02-2003, 09:33 AM
I hope to cosplay one of the card girls some day ^_^

vyrax778
06-02-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Babbit_Chan
I hope to cosplay one of the card girls some day ^_^ I so want to make one also. "I wanna be punished to"

the card girls were the best!.

Usagi Mylene
06-03-2003, 12:27 AM
I thought I was the only one!! I so want to cosplay one of the card girls.

I need to expand my sewing skills MORE!!!

The card girls are my fave out all of the girls in the Anime!!

I think it would be cool to have a Card girl group at a con.

Babbit_Chan
06-03-2003, 12:53 AM
Usagi: Whoo if you ever get around to doing that, count me in ^_^

Usagi Mylene
06-03-2003, 01:27 AM
YOU GOT IT BABBIT_CHAN!!!!

I just gotta find something in the Bay Area so I have a excuse to make a group otherwise maybe next year??!

Babbit_Chan
06-03-2003, 09:17 AM
( I feel like I'm hi-jacking Nine's thread o_o;; ) Yeeeah how about next Fanime?

Nine: I don't think I've seen a Humpty Dumpty. When you get pictures, definitely upload them ^_^

Usagi Mylene
06-03-2003, 12:38 PM
Sorry Nine, didn't mean to take over your post. Please post pics when you're done.

babbit_chan: That should work. I'm hopin' to have gotten more practice by then. I'm starting to get ideas already for it....

^.^

Mind working over drive.....

Jehuty
06-03-2003, 12:45 PM
All I have to say is bless all you wonderful people for cosplaying this wonderful anime. Oh and you might be interested in the clamp ball at AWA9 since Miyuki chan is from CLAMP or at least I thought it was.

Hitori
06-03-2003, 01:23 PM
I wanna do Miyuki, since I look likr hrt anyway, but I'm slightly worried about wearing it to a con. Since some people treat you like you *are* the character, and I'm not so good with dealing with that sort of thing.

Usagi Mylene
06-03-2003, 02:10 PM
I have to figure out how to wear the Card girl costume wihtout showing anything I don't want too.... also, aren't some cons strict about costumes that show too much skin?

Babbit_Chan
06-03-2003, 07:39 PM
Hitori: Aww I think you'd be fine as Miyuki (no friends to fend off people? XD).

Usagi: Yeah, they kind of wear, um, aprons without any backing or anything underneath x_x

Nine
06-03-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Usagi Mylene
Sorry Nine, didn't mean to take over your post. Please post pics when you're done.

hehe, don't worry about it! This thread is for Miyuki-chan in wonderland/mirrorland cosplay! :D

I'll have pics of humpty dumpty in a month or so! pics of the queen of hearts wont be up for a while though.. hehe

this anime rules.

Fake_Harley
06-03-2003, 11:35 PM
Oh! Oh! I'm cosplaying as one of the cards at anime expo! The three of hearts! Yeah, about the skimpiness of the costumes... I might wear a flesh colored leatard (err, spelling?! @_@) underneath if it doesn't look super lame. I just don't want anything... poping out...

Usagi Mylene
06-03-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Babbit_Chan

Usagi: Yeah, they kind of wear, um, aprons without any backing or anything underneath x_x

Hehee.... I know I just don't want to be bugged about it at the cons. Oh well, I have til next year to figure something out.

I already found the perfect pattern for the skirt.....

I can't do it.... need to work on costume for Ani-magic..... don't do it.....

Usagi Mylene
06-03-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Fake_Harley
Oh! Oh! I'm cosplaying as one of the cards at anime expo! The three of hearts! Yeah, about the skimpiness of the costumes... I might wear a flesh colored leatard (err, spelling?! @_@) underneath if it doesn't look super lame. I just don't want anything... poping out...

Crap.... I didn't even think about that!!! I should thinking about doing that too.

Okay, I'm about to say screw my other costume and start this one. It looks simple and I frankly don't care if my sewing skills still aren't that great....

^.^

Make sure you post pictures at Anime expo!!!

Babbit_Chan
06-04-2003, 12:30 AM
Okay, this is what I was thinking: We could make the apron so that it extends to about our sides and sew-in/wear one of the following or like them:

-http://www.figleaves.com/us/product.asp?product_id=ED-STAY
-http://www.herroom.com/Braza,Brz001-1000,4.cfm
-http://www.herroom.com/Braza,Brz001-7000,4.cfm

Usagi Mylene
06-04-2003, 12:36 AM
Now you're talking Babbit_Chan.

I have to right all the ideas down. Even tho' this costume might not debut until next year but I'll forget everything....

Watch, in a month or 2 I'll be posting I finished it.

I'm so bad.....

Babbit_Chan
06-04-2003, 12:46 AM
Can't forget the socks XD:

http://www.fetishize-me.com/cotton_over_the_knees.html

Are you using a petticoat for the skirt?

**Edit**
As a personal reminder I'm using Simplicity 5503 for the skirt and making my own pattern for the apron.

Usagi Mylene
06-04-2003, 01:07 AM
You are so bad..... don't give me more ideas......

Hmmm..... not sure about the petticoat I think so.... I was planning on using Simplicity - 8851 for the skirt. It's a costume pattern for maids and stuff. Apron I'm on my own for. Still thinking which number and symbol I want to be...

Babbit_Chan
06-04-2003, 01:13 AM
Hmmm I guess that does work better ^_~

Usagi Mylene
06-04-2003, 01:18 AM
To each their own... I'm just not sure how short they mean by "Short and Sweet." I'm hoping it's not that short.....

Okay since we are on a roll (or at least you are ^.^) I need to watch the anime or find a good picture of the shoes they wear. Either that or I can go to Hot Topic and pick up something. I saw some cool black platform ones today... maybe they might have white.

Babbit_Chan
06-04-2003, 01:31 AM
Darn, I have to get my DVD back from my anime club - I lent it to them to try and help them raise funds, but they never did. I'm hoping their not doing anything raunchy with it :P.

Nine
06-04-2003, 01:56 AM
You all made me want to cosplay (erm crossplay XD) A card girl!! XD I think I will too.. maybe the hearts one? What number is she? I hope she's Nine of hearts because I love the number nine (obviously) and love hearts. XD

Babbit_Chan
06-04-2003, 09:43 AM
Nine: Aha that would be so cool XD

Usagi Mylene
06-04-2003, 11:10 AM
For you Nine, pick whatever number you want. =)

Angel Kat III
06-04-2003, 05:17 PM
I did the 3 of dimonds for my first ever cosplay! the shoes are black (for hearts and dimonds) and red (for clubs and spades) high heels with the suit on the top of them. I used to have a great picture but I lost all my files.... I have instructions on my webpage.... but I can't edit it anymore and I never got the pictures up in the instructions area... but if you have any questions you can ask and I am here to help!!
http://www.geocities.com/silver_goddess98045/card_girl.html

good luck with your costumes! I hope you have as much fun as I did!
~Angel kat III

Jinx
06-04-2003, 05:54 PM
My sis and I are thinking of diong Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum...

Radical Urd
06-04-2003, 08:04 PM
I'm making a Jabberwockey ^_^

Usagi Mylene
06-04-2003, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the help Angel Kat III.....

Jinx and Radical Urd..... please post pictures when you're done. I can't wait to see your costumes!

I swear, we need to have a wonderland group or something. I haven't seen that many pictures especialy the card girls.

Babbit_Chan
06-04-2003, 11:52 PM
Definitely - now who do I know that I can convert to a Card Girl fan XD

Nine
06-05-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Jinx
My sis and I are thinking of diong Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum...

haha cool! Cho Li and To Li rule!

I don't know, but either this Saturday, or Next Wednesday, I'm getting the fabric for my card girl costume!! :D

Usagi Mylene
06-05-2003, 01:30 AM
I am so itching to go buy my stuff now but I can't =(

My next day off isn't until Monday and then Saturday the 14 I leave for NEW YORK CITY!!! I need to save my money.

Of course I had to pick the week before NY Anime con (I don't remeber the name)

*shoots herself in the foot*

Babbit_Chan
06-05-2003, 09:37 AM
Ahhh I love To-li and Cho-li! Their outfits are so awesome *-*

Usagi: Nooo you need that foot for your Card Girl costume XD

hoshikage
06-05-2003, 01:21 PM
I've actually been working on a cardgirl costume for a while now, but I'm not sure when I'll have it done. ^^;; As for shoes, in the character design pictures by CLAMP in the back of the manga, the cardgirls actually wear what looks like ballet slippers - so of course if one wanted to wear high heels, it would undoubtedly look fine, but for those of us whose feet can't stand them, there's a nice option for flats. ^_^

Usagi Mylene
06-07-2003, 01:19 PM
Hmmm..... maybe I'll stick with the ballet slippers. I don't mind wearing heels but I want to really walk around with that costume.

^.^

Fake_Harley
06-07-2003, 02:51 PM
Yeah, if I'm going to be walking around in a costume all day, I at least want my feet to be comfortable. I'm thinking about making little heart cookies that say "eat me" and passing them out to people who take my picture or are dressed as Miyuki-chan characters! *o*

Usagi Mylene
06-07-2003, 03:55 PM
Hmm... I gotta find someone that sells them in red or buy some white ones and dye them. I don't think I'm going to try to make them.

I like your idea Fake_Harley. Maybe we should try, along with Babbit_Chan, met up at a con and get a group going. =)

What ya think?

Fake_Harley
06-07-2003, 09:58 PM
That would be super fun! But I don't really have the money to go to too many cons. u_u;; I usually just go to anime-expo and maybe one or two others if they are near where I live. Still, if it works out, that would be really fun!

Usagi Mylene
06-08-2003, 12:51 AM
Hell, we can have just a random get together. I know the bay is full of random get togethers. Let's wear them the Cherry Blossom Festival Anime Parade next year!!!

^.^

Nine
06-08-2003, 05:51 AM
I made my skirt and apron for my card girl costume. I have to buy more fabric because the skirt is too tiny. XD Poor me. haha, I'll all right though, the fabric is cheeeeeap. ^^;

Misa-chan
06-08-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Usagi Mylene
I have to figure out how to wear the Card girl costume wihtout showing anything I don't want too.... also, aren't some cons strict about costumes that show too much skin?

I just *almost* finished my 5 of Spades costume for BAAF! (or AFO, still not sure which I'm going to) And about the whole *showing off skin on the sides* thing, you know where the ribbon ties around the waist? I did the same thing at the top of it so it also ties around the top of my back. It sort of takes away from the accuracy, but I'm covered!

All I have to do is replace all of the pieces of fabric that I used as "ribbon substitute" and get some real ribbon, get the right socks, add some elastic to the skirt, and find a petticoat, but I might skip that.

Babbit_Chan
06-08-2003, 10:55 PM
Fake_Harley: You live in CONCORD! That's 15 minutes away from me XD A group would be great ^_^

Fake_Harley
06-09-2003, 12:33 AM
Babbit, yes, we should definately try to work that out! I think I could probably talk Toka_Pop into joining us, too. We should get as many as possible!

Babbit_Chan
06-09-2003, 12:11 PM
Yes yes, haven't talked to Toka_Pop in a while ^_~

Usagi Mylene
06-09-2003, 07:50 PM
hey Fake_Harley!!!

I live in San Francisco. I'm a bart ride away!!! ^.^

More card girls!!!

Fake_Harley
06-10-2003, 11:56 AM
Yay! We're all so close! That's perfect! We shall have a mighty army of card girls! Lol!

aeva
06-18-2003, 09:04 PM
...on a random note, I'm doing the Cheshire cat for... Shoujocon, prob'ly. I'm so excited- Miyuki-chan in Wonderland is my favorite anime.

I'm just going to bosy a body tight thing and sew as much of the costume onto that as I can.... 'tis quite skimpy, and I don't want to blind anyone.

Shadow Lady
06-18-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Nine
I'll also be doing the S&M Queen of Hearts from Miyuki-chan in Wonderland.. muhahaha!! XD I love her spikes!

:eek:

This I gotta see.
Are ya gonna wear it at the next Sakura Con?

Nine
06-19-2003, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by Shadow Lady
:eek:

This I gotta see.
Are ya gonna wear it at the next Sakura Con?

yes!!!!!!

aeva
06-19-2003, 05:42 AM
Dude, I SO want to see pictures of that Queen of Hearts costume. X3

Babbit_Chan
06-29-2003, 05:48 AM
http://images.cosplay.com/photo.php?photo=4922&exhibition=27

Two very cool To Li and Cho Li cosplayers ;)

Fake_Harley
06-29-2003, 11:59 AM
Wow, those look so good! *o*

LadyVincira
06-29-2003, 03:14 PM
Ack, Nine, you're wearing it to Sakura Con!? THIS I have to see! Well...I guess it'll be hard to miss, anywayz.... 0^.^0''''

<Edit>
Looking at this comment again, it kinda looks like I meant to be rude...just so you know, I wasn't! I just meant I wanted to see the costume 'cause it'll be cool.

Hitori
06-30-2003, 11:14 PM
I just realized, y'all talked about getting together maybe. I'm also close to SF if you do plan something^_^ I'm open to a card girl, or anything really.

Usagi Mylene
06-30-2003, 11:32 PM
Yeah..... another girl to join!!! We were talking about making a card girl group. We need to find someone to cosplay Miyuki-chan...

Hitori
06-30-2003, 11:57 PM
Actually, Miyuki-chan is who I really wanna do^_^ I was thinking the "wet" outfit, as I have some idea how I could pull that off without really being wet.

Usagi Mylene
07-01-2003, 12:36 AM
Nice..... we can have you as Miyuki-Chan and a bunch of card girls around....

We need to set up a date for this or something.....

^.^

Babbit_Chan
07-01-2003, 03:27 AM
Hitori: Perhaps vinyl/PVC? It's got that shiny-ish look to it <<; Might... work... *doesn't know what she's talking about*

Hitori
07-01-2003, 10:31 PM
Well thanx for the suggestion but I already know what I'm going to do... I'm just not sure, 'cause I'd like to do a Miyuki slightly different... but I'm not sure if I'd be too comfortable wearing a shirt so sheer. I have to think on this....