PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to do Cosplay gun commisions

Balmung
06-02-2003, 08:15 AM
On the suggestion of Kawaii Yuna I'm going to start doing Prop Gun Commisions. I curently Have Yuna's X_2 guns, Arucard's Jackal, and Cassul. I am also starting Vash's guns and Dante's Ebony and Ivory soon. I'll make any handgun You have pics for! I have a pic of an unfinished twin bee in my gallery and I'll have more pics of the Arucard guns up soon!

Balmung
06-04-2003, 10:37 PM
I just finished my x-2 tiny bee! Check out the pic in my gallery! I'm working on vash's revolver next, followed by the cerebos' from Gungrave! tell me what you guys think!

Trinity
06-05-2003, 11:01 AM
I might ask you to make the guns for my Trinity costume, if you wouldn't mind! I don't know how much that would run though, so we'd have to talk pricing. ^^; I don't even know if I'll be able to have them because of weapons restrictions and the like, but it's something that I'm definitely going to look into!

Balmung
06-05-2003, 11:37 AM
KAWAII!
I won't ask too much, they're made of foam ^_^ PM me and we can talk more!

Kira_Yamato
06-08-2003, 04:42 AM
Trinity, she used so many guns in the movies, just go to a toy store, get some cheap, but somewhat real looking, toy guns, and put a coat of black spray on them. Foam may present a problem, since foam guns won't fit in a holster properly.

Giant Alucard
06-09-2003, 09:14 AM
AHHHHH!!!! I have to know how much are you charging foe the Hellsing Guns!!! I must KNOW!!!

BitterBeing
06-09-2003, 02:27 PM
Airsoft replicas work nicely for real-world weapons. Trinity used the M92F Beretta in the original Matrix movie most prominently.. you can find a cheap pellet gun clone here, which is still rather convincing -

http://www.wargameclub.com/pcart/shopper.php?itm=TM-EPS-M9_cat_Marui%20Spring%20and%20Electic%20Pistols&PHPSESSID=82218e4898ef3863868e272c514e3107

And Balmung, i could use your assistance.. I'll get back to you ont hat one.

DigitalCactus
06-10-2003, 01:59 AM
hey man i am currently working on the Ceruberus' too I only have a template of my stuff on my gallery but i will post when i get an oportunity to take more pics its tough cuz i work alot and i hardly ahve time to work on my props

youd think I would be done by now ....

Kira_Yamato
06-10-2003, 03:30 AM
The problem with airsofts is that you ofte cant use them at cons. I know any firing weapon is banned at AX.

Balmung
06-10-2003, 06:59 AM
My first ceruberus is almost finished ^_^ It is looking to be the best gun I have made so far. I am doing quite well with my experimentations with pink foam. I have the skull done for my gun coffin ^_^ I airbrushed it and it has bulletholes and everything! I'll post some pics soon. Digitalcactus will you send me the pattern for your hat? I would appreciate it verry much!

DigitalCactus
06-10-2003, 09:33 AM
sure man now keep in man... keep in mind i have a rather large cabeza so you may want to adjust it to meet your needs.

also I HIGHLY suggest making a template out of Priority Mail Envelopes (Just raid your local post office when no one's looking.. wait I think they're free any way..) It will take at least 2 to be safe.

As far as the crown make it from a paper bag or something a bit more flexible

EDIT>>> The hat pics should be in my gallery also page 2 I think...

Balmung
06-10-2003, 08:43 PM
I got piccys of my ceruberus in prog up in my gallery check 'em out!

DigitalCactus
06-11-2003, 01:13 PM
hey man NICE work

If you're ever on AIM/AOL message me.. I'll send you the pics of Grave's back directly geoshitties doesnt like it when you link to them from outside....

(my homepage resides in geocities)

Kawaii Yuna
06-11-2003, 08:23 PM
*claps* Yippee! Great creative work Balmung! The guns are looking so good! ^_^ Those ceruberus guns are huge. lol! Are they heavy? lol! ;)

DigitalCactus
06-11-2003, 11:29 PM
Hey Balmung... are you planning on gessoing/fibreglassing over the foam? I've never made a prop from foam before....

Kinda worried about its structural integrity....

Balmung
06-12-2003, 07:11 AM
well right now the gun is really really light ^_^ I've noticed that because of the gun's massive size, I feel fairly safe that it won't break. I've made another gun that is about half as thick from expanded polystyrene, and It feels like I'm gonna snap that sucker in half. I did however fo to home depot and I bought some resin epoxy in the paint section. I usually use some clearcoat on my craft foam projects, but this stuff says it equals like 60 coats of varnish O_o so we'll halfta see how that turns out (it says that it's safe for use on styrofoam) I'll update when I do it. I guess for your question DC It depends ona couple of factors. 1 how thick the gun is. 2 what kind of foam it is (what exactly is cornering foam?) 3 how much abuse you expect a prop to get at your con. I made my Cassul and Jackall for anime Boston out of Foam core , and they held up fine. if it's expanded polystyrene (the kind with the visicle little circle chunks in it) then I would coat it in something...I just wish I knew where to get fiberglass epoxy ;_;

True_Sanosuke
06-12-2003, 07:17 AM
Know anyone whos making Mirokus staff. i need it metal and good quality.

Balmung
06-12-2003, 10:32 AM
um sanosuke... maby you would like to post that in a thread that isn't only about gun commisions. Gomen! ~_~; but you would probably get better results elsewhere. Also as of now I don't use metal in my props. My style is to make acurate looking guns from anime and games that won't have to be tagged by con security. That's why I use foam, and foam core, and well more foam ^_^ I might be willing to do a miroku staff, but I would probably use PVC *shrugs* ppl please post on guns here.

DigitalCactus
06-13-2003, 01:29 AM
I always plan on my props to take a TON of abuse.. I have learned from my past mistakes.. I had an entire costume basically fall apart after the convention was over. Ah well next time I will use better materials.

I am using Owens Corning foam for my Ceruberus'. Thinking of painting layers of Gesso ontop... but I dunno after that..

Balmung
06-13-2003, 11:01 PM
Posted some pics of my ceruberus please tell me if you guys like the little one, or the big one better, so I can decide which one to make a matching one for! Thanx

DigitalCactus
06-14-2003, 12:09 AM
Big Ceruberus!!! That gun simply OWNS!!

Shin
06-14-2003, 08:30 PM
Oh wow, you're really good at this game! About how much do your foam beauties run?

Allia
06-14-2003, 10:52 PM
Wow those guns look really nice. I stayed away from foam because I thought it would look flimsy and cheap, but you have totally avoided that. Man, those guns rock. How much did you say you were making the guns for? I don't have a particular gun(s) in mind right now, but I'd like to know in the future. Now I won't avoid characters with guns. Thanks for enlightening me to the posibility of using foam.

Balmung
06-14-2003, 11:54 PM
ummm I havent actually sold any yet but you ppl make me sooooooo happy ^_^ I've finally found something I'm good at ^_^ Arigato Arigato! well I guess I'm going to be charging a reasonable fee. Umm what would that be? I guess $35-40 a gun and if you buy a set I.e. ceruberus I'd cut the price like $10 for the pair The Yuna guns are gonna be $40 a pair cuz their soo small. I painted the Ceruberus tonight I'll have a pic up tommorow. You guys make me soo happy with your compliments I never get any comments in my gallery it makes me sad lol ^_^ Arigato again!

Shin
06-15-2003, 01:28 AM
ya know, Balmung-kun, you should make a tutorial on how you make your guns, if you'd like to share your foam molding secrets with the rest of us ^_~

Balmung
06-15-2003, 06:21 PM
I might do that. I've actually used 3 compleatly different metholds to buid my guns. The hellsing guns were made from layers of poasterboard. The Yuna gun was made with a simmilar methould, but I used craft foam instead, and the Ceruberus was made with compressed polystyrene. The ceruberus I just carved out with a wonder cutter (Jo annes fabrics $8) and an exactoknife The form isn't hard it's the painting and detail work O_o I think my next project is a vash revolver.. I'll try to make a tutorial on that gun

Balmung
06-15-2003, 06:23 PM
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I finished the right hand Ceruberus. Check it out in all its majesty in my gallery! The hours of work finally paid off ^_^ now I have to make the left hand one ;_;

Shin
06-15-2003, 06:23 PM
I was actually going to talk my friend into being Vash.. and I was wondering if you were going to be making Vash's gun... =]

Balmung
06-15-2003, 09:47 PM
I am! I have many ppl interested and that is my next big project! I hope you like it when It's done Gimme a month to finish my conneticon cosplays

Syaoran fan
06-23-2003, 12:50 AM
Hello! I REALLY need a Gunblade for Anime Evolution. I may have already waited too long, it's on July 24. How much would it cost me if you were to make one for me, if you even can/will?

Giant Alucard
06-26-2003, 09:15 PM
You guys should try making the Kill- Stick from Megatokyo. Now that would be impressive!!! lol!

Balmung
06-27-2003, 11:23 PM
HAHA It's on my to-do list! as well as Vash's gun and The ebony and Ivory from Devil may cry, a gunblade, 3 keyblades, and 1 more cerubeus ^_^ Tell ya what Giant A~ if I do end up going to Otakon (Which I doubt) I'll make the Killstick and go for a day as ED with the smilyface bag on my head and ED and Junepei can rent-a-zilla all over the con ^_^

xPainex
01-21-2004, 10:27 PM
Hi!! Cool props,