View Full Version : January photoshoot

Kumi-chan
12-18-2007, 03:17 PM
Thank you for joining us!

Theme: "Traditions"
Date: January 12th, Saturday
Time: Start at noon
Meet up: HUB (student union building), lobby on floor above food court

Theme as always can be interpreted in different ways.

1. Traditional and old-fashioned clothing, such as:
- Kimono, qi pao, ao dai, etc.
- Steam punk fashion
- Lolita and similar fashions
- Medieval and historic costume

2. Myths, legends, fairytale, and storybook characters (Alice in Wonderland, etc.)

3. Old school anime or anime with a historical setting (Star Blazers, Nausicaa, Princess Mononoke, Rose of Versailles, Rurouni Kenshin, Godchild)

4. Characters who keep a tradition alive or embody an anachronistic viewpoint: practitioners of martial arts (kendo, etc.); Ouran cosplay and other "old money" campus series; Chinese amazons :P

Galleries!
azntraquility: http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t292/azntranquility/cosplay/
Cosplay Hunter: http://www.cosplayhunter.com/wp-gallery2.php?g2_itemId=25018
cpardo: http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?BRSR=0&cat=101165&member=16257
Darkain: http://www.cosplaymeetup.com/events/GasuKan_3/gallery/
falore: http://album.blog.yam.com/album.php?userid=falore&folder=3812536, http://faloresque.deviantart.com/gallery/
Photo Panda: http://photopanda.zenfolio.com/p855321235/

Ichigo=15
12-18-2007, 07:23 PM
No matter the date, I'll do my best to make it to this photoshoot. I know it'll be fun. :)

PhotoPanda
12-18-2007, 07:28 PM
Wait, wouldnt this be Gasukan 4.0 ??

it went gasworks, tacoma, lynnwood, then now?

i dunno

I for for Gasworks again! anyone else have any ideas?

boogs
12-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Gasworks is a instant win for me. >>

Kumi-chan
12-18-2007, 08:48 PM
I think the holiday party was more of Gasukan 2.5...since it wasn't actually a photoshoot. Pretty good turnout, though.
I hope sometime y'all will come up this way again, maybe to Edmonds in the spring. There's a good park by the beach there.

Maybe a college or community college campus? They usually have good landscaping and interesting buildings, and they've got plenty of shelter (January, everyone! Cold!). cpardo and I shot some photos at Bellevue Community College for Aki Matsuri in September, and they had some really cool structures:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1255620
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1255623
There was more, lots of trees, a nice layout, etc.

Hmmm...if we were doing it up here, I'd suggest either Edmonds Community College or Lynnwood Heritage Park (http://www.lynnwoodtourism.com/PlayHere/OutdoorActivities/lynnwoodparks/heritagepark.ashx?p=68). The park has an old-fashioned trolley car that'd be great as a backdrop, as well as some cool sculpture and buildings, and a wooded area. I've always wanted to do a shoot there. But that's in Lynnwood again, and I'm not sure you guys want to come up here again so soon.

Someplace with brick buildings would be nice...

AznTranquility
12-19-2007, 02:12 AM
How about UW? I've only been there for one quarter but it's got a pretty decent campus.
We got a really awesome library [gotta be quiet though]:
http://i1.tinypic.com/8ae8yon.jpg
the staircase would be nice for some traditional outfits:
http://i12.tinypic.com/7xvqm0z.gif
odegaard has lots of bricks >< especially the towers =D
http://i2.tinypic.com/6khsqhg.jpg
[they won't have those posters up, since it was for dawgdaze]
johnson hall has castle-like turrets [i think of cosplay photoshoots everytime i walk by there]
http://i3.tinypic.com/8aflc90.jpg
our stupid useless fountain:
http://i16.tinypic.com/7xdpr1g.jpg

its like 10 min away from gasworks
plus there's the ave where there are tons of restaurants you can go to
there's an arcade + sucky bowling alley @ the hub
uM that's all i can think of ><

Bredward
12-19-2007, 03:17 AM
I vote for UW. I toured the campus once and I remember thinking that it would be a good place for photoshoots. I also remember the sucky bowling alley.

PhotoPanda
12-19-2007, 03:41 AM
UW! Let's do it!

Kumi-chan
12-19-2007, 04:11 AM
UW sounds good to me. Lots of trees and pretty landscaping, too.

Amidoji
12-19-2007, 05:03 AM
I'm up for this.

Would anyone mind if I wore a mediveal dress as one of my costumes? It's not exactly anime, but it is traditional.

I'm also thinking of at least one more costume actually from anime.

ultimaaa
12-19-2007, 11:03 AM
I'm totally there. :D I don't know if I'll have anything new to wear, though, since I'm tied up with Sakura-Con stuff at the moment. I'll try pull something out, at least.

Ichigo=15
12-19-2007, 12:37 PM
Yah, UW sounds great.

feyith
12-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Fairytale and storybook characters (western and eastern)
I'm callling dibs on Red Riding Hood! :)

StrawberryLum
12-19-2007, 04:20 PM
UW works for me. I again offer a carpool to any of those that need a ride to/from. I just won't be driving late so if it looks like the shoot is going to take longer then about 10pm I'd have to leave early. Bredward knows the truth, I should not drive later then 10.. I really shouldn't. >_<
And yay, I of course claim Alice from Alice in Wonderland. If Kumi does Lum at all I'll bring mine so we can finally do mirror image Lum (yes.. I'm a dork. :-) )
I want to bring another anime costume though I'm not sure what to bring. Would Misa be good? (I want to make sure my costumes fit with others so I'm not a stand alone. ^_- )

Arissa-chan
12-19-2007, 06:43 PM
I'd have nothing to wear. :bigcry:

I did have a peasant outfit, but that was back in 9th grade (5 years ago, I definately wouldn't fit in it now) and it's practically been destroyed since then. I think I got rid of it.

Help. Ideas. Need. Please. (Alice in Wonderland would've been good. =P It's okay, I still loves you StrawberryLum!)

StrawberryLum
12-19-2007, 07:16 PM
You could be the White Rabbit! That would be nifty. :-) And yay, I are loved.
Or if you don't want to do AiW, you could be Cinderella, or Rapunzel.
Heck, you could also do Alice, having two of a charcter never hurt anyone.
I think I'll try to have my lolita skirt done by then (no promises, the fabric I used was on sale when I got it and of course I ran out and now it's 8 bucks a hard. >_<) and I'm contemplating making a vinyl kimino. Not traditional in the least, I know, but I have all this black and red vinyl laying around and I need to do something with it and a vinyl kimino struck me as interesting. Hmm.

Bredward
12-19-2007, 07:22 PM
And as I've already stated, I'm going as the Queen of Hearts. :3

The Lum costumes should wait at least until March. Because I have no intention of wearing my Sailor Starhealer costume outdoors before then, and when it gets warmer we can do a scantily clad alien girl theme or something. XD;

Kumi-chan
12-19-2007, 09:39 PM
Medieval stuff would fit in perfectly. As for Lum, if I do it, it will not be the bikini version. Heck no. Too freaking cold. Maybe the school uniform. Another interpretation of the theme could be vintage series, ones that are part of our anime history.

This may give me the motivation I need to finish my Sakura waitress uniform (Tsubasa). I don't have the hair for it, but I could wear my long black wig and just do a Taisho-era girl. I love the fashions from that period.

Heh, scantily clad alien girl theme. That'd probably be the "Space Cadet" (or whatever I called it) that I mentioned a while back. Wouldn't want to limit it to just the girls, or just aliens. Though I've been saying I need to make a Benten cosplay for a while now...

Arissa-chan
12-19-2007, 10:31 PM
Now is the time where I wish I could sew at the drop of a hat, had the fabric, and the right stuff. Hmm...

TseUq
12-19-2007, 10:51 PM
Ho man XD This location is absolutly stunning!! Im gonna try really hard to make it to this...but I am on super tight budget now that I am going to Japan in March T_T
Hmmmm traditional? I think I have kimono....but the setting REALLY makes me want to use my Ouran uniform or my Gundam SEED ZAFT uniform.... ZOMG maybe I will make a new Lacus Clyne dress ^^ Her commander outfits are kimonos >.< ....how much time do I have again *sweatdrop* heh heh heh

StrawberryLum
12-20-2007, 12:21 AM
Kumi, don't be a wussy! XD Kidding. I know what you mean. Though it'd have to wait longer then March, perhaps April, because SC is in March so people will be busy and heck, we could just hold the shoot at the con (where I can't dress as Lum anyway because they feel the outfit isn't decent. *eyeroll* )
And we could have a stereo-type theme. And I mean anime stereo-types. Girls always scantily clad, guys always butch warrior types or nerdy fanboys, and so on and so fourth.
And Arissa, if you need any help with sewing stuff just let me know. We could always have a stitch and bitch session so we could get double the work done and such. I know I always work better if I actually have someone to talk to while doing it or else the task just gets daunting and I get bored with it. >_^

Kumi-chan
12-20-2007, 12:37 AM
Well, traditions are very strong at Ouran, aren't they? Old money and all that. It should work.

I don't see why Lacus wouldn't be suitable either. Sure, she may not wear traditional kimono, but they're based on kimono. Just like a lot of lolita is inspired by, but not direct copies of, traditional styles (waloli comes to mind, since it pulls from two traditions).

On a (somewhat) related note, the theme for this time around was partly inspired by Coming-of-Age Day (second Monday in January, for those who will turn 20 during the coming school year) and Japanese celebrations of the new year, such as the tradition of shrine visits on the 1st. Both often involve dressing up.

Would you guys like to do a sort of potluck dinner after the shoot? I was thinking of making soba.

Bredward
12-20-2007, 01:07 AM
Yeah, the only reason why I'm planning to get my Sailor Starhealer out as early as March is for SakuraCon. Otherwise I'd be saying "not until it's warm". I'm not worried about it being inappropriate since it covers more than a swimsuit and I'm being very careful about making the top to ensure that it completely covers my practically non-existent chest. And much double-sided tape will be involved.

In other news, I'm a complete dork, because it took me forever to realize that I don't need to get a wig for my Ruki cosplay since all I have to do is wear my Fai wig askew so it covers my left eye.

TseUq
12-20-2007, 01:20 AM
Well, traditions are very strong at Ouran, aren't they? Old money and all that. It should work.

I don't see why Lacus wouldn't be suitable either. Sure, she may not wear traditional kimono, but they're based on kimono. Just like a lot of lolita is inspired by, but not direct copies of, traditional styles (waloli comes to mind, since it pulls from two traditions).

On a (somewhat) related note, the theme for this time around was partly inspired by Coming-of-Age Day (second Monday in January, for those who will turn 20 during the coming school year) and Japanese celebrations of the new year, such as the tradition of shrine visits on the 1st. Both often involve dressing up.

Would you guys like to do a sort of potluck dinner after the shoot? I was thinking of making soba.

Yatta!! thank you ^^
I think I have a good idea of what Im going to do *rubs hands together in plotting manner* .... *whooshes away to sewing machine* XD Need to get to work T_T lol I think I want to do both V__V

Oh hey! Thats a good reason for the theme! :bigtu: Good thinking! Is anyone going to be turning 20 in 08? Would be fun to incorperate that into it possibly? (not just saying that cuz I would be one of em XD)

Im up for anything after the shoot ^^ Im coming down from Canada so like to spend as much time as possible!

rockthedojo
12-20-2007, 03:41 AM
College's Scare me >.< But it does look pretty zzz

As far as the theme I could loosely say that my next costume plan would fit the theme of "Traditions". Would a Street Fighter II Guile fit or should I start planning something more appropriate? I dunno the way I see it a classic like Guile is about as traditional cosplay as you can get.

Rikkizilla
12-20-2007, 04:20 AM
I love the UW idea! The campus looks so nice!

No idea what to wear though! @__@! Way to swamped with other makings to do something new, but I don't really have anything traditional... maybe Bleach again? ^^;;

POTLUCK = YEAH!!!

Arissa-chan
12-20-2007, 09:28 AM
Stitch and bitch, huh? Sounds fun!

Potluck? Hecks yes! I will make wonton soup. From scratch. You'll love it. I just hope I can make enough without all the broth sloshing around in teh car. Or, I can pre-cook the wontons, vaccuum pack them, and bring all the stuff and the broth together in a slowcooker and put it all together and let it get warm and yummy before dinnertime. (sorry, habit on typing suddenly awesome ideas) Or, I can look into getting a Japanese cook book and think of something (To Uwajimaya's I will go!). (I just remembered the initial soba bringing).

According to Wikipedia. Princess Mononoke and Pan's Labyrinth count as fairy tales.

It'd give me an excuse to watch Princess Mononoke. Yes, I've never seen it before. Sue me. OOO!!! SPIRITED AWAY COULD COUNT, RIGHT???

Amidoji
12-20-2007, 10:10 AM
I'm always up for more Bleach. Without building a whole new costume (not something I want to do), it's the closest I have to "tradtional" from anime.

..If only my Sailor Moon costume still fit (and was in good repair) since I think it's traditional that one cosplays from Sailor Moon at some point in their cosplay career. Almost everyone has done it.

StrawberryLum
12-20-2007, 06:04 PM
Arissa: If you want to, message me and we can set something up. I'll make snacks for us and all that jazz. :-)

Kumi: Potluck sounds good to me. Would it count as potluck if I bring something from the store? I'd make something but it's hard to make something everyone would like.

And nope, I won't be turning 20, I'll be turning 21. Can I stop growing up now? I think 21 is a good age to stop at and never leave.

Heat
12-20-2007, 08:42 PM
I've always wanted to do an Ashitaka cosplay, So I reckon that's what I'll aim to make, for this gathering ^_^!
So it's a cosplay potluck at the UW right?

Kumi-chan
12-20-2007, 08:49 PM
Well, I had my 21st birthday party when I turned 23 last April. Because I never had a real 21st. (Nobody took me out and got me drunk! What kind of friends do I have?) So go ahead and cheat on your age. We're all turning 20!

Bleach counts. Hakama.

You don't have to cook anything for the potluck. If you want to bring something storebought, that's fine.
Who here actually attends UW? Do you know someplace we could set up indoors for food? Maybe we could contact the ADP (anime club) and see if they'd be willing to help us out. I've got a friend who's an officer, but I haven't talked to him in a while.

StrawberryLum
12-20-2007, 09:54 PM
You had no booze day? Dude, that's so not right.
Hey, a second 20th party/event doesn't sound too bad to me. :-D

I only know people in PLU so no help with UW though if they end up wanting some sort of huge fee to set up some food I'm sure we could find some other place or heck, we could make it a tailgate potluck. ^_^

falore
12-20-2007, 10:17 PM
I want to hop on the Alice in Wonderland bandwagon.

Mad Hatter anyone? :] I've got the perfect hat!

Hitokiri Kenshin
12-21-2007, 02:56 AM
The president of ADP actually posted on the first page, but I'll still talk to him, once he gets back from Cali.

AznTranquility
12-21-2007, 04:25 AM
I still attend UW [cuz I can't transfer to the Art Institute]

I'm thinking about using the dorms for food but it's probably wayyy too small for that.

But the BEST ideal place would be the HUB [student husky union building]. It's bomb-proof. on the second floor by the Subway there's a nice area with a microwave + tv + foldable tables and chairs that we can use. It's kind of a private area so it'll be good for us =) just clean up after ourselves...it's free!! I'm not sure when the hub is opened. I think it closes at 6 on schooldays. I'll check after winterbreak when we go back to school [god i hate those last three words]

Kenshin, isn't Anthony [iChigo] the club leader? I can show up to one of their subHub gathering and see if he's there >< or at least let the other members know of the photoshoot.
If it's a friiiday we can PROBABLY use Gowen [asian languages building] it's where they have ADP meetings, but we won't be able to socialize much cuz it's gotta be quiet for the anime showings.
idk i still think 2nd floor hub, lunch/social room, is the best area. Anyone find a better place?

----edit: make that GROUNDFLOOR, LOUNGE, not second floor =D
and i can't find their hours until after break, jan-6th

StrawberryLum
12-22-2007, 03:10 AM
I want to hop on the Alice in Wonderland bandwagon.

Mad Hatter anyone? :] I've got the perfect hat!

A Mad Hatter would be awesome. :-D

I just have to figure out how to make the type of petticoat she (Alice) has. It's not full and fluffy but just fluffy enough. Hmm.. any reccomendations? (I have photos of what I'm going off of, think Disneyland Alice, in case you need a refrence. :crylaugh: )

Bredward
12-22-2007, 05:49 AM
The way I made the petticoat for my Walolita dress would probably be good for your Alice costume. Basically, just get a couple [two or three, depending on how puffy you want it] three yard lengths of tulle. Lay them out one on top of the other, folded over so that each one is two layers. Sew them together about two inches down from the top and then thread a piece of elastic long enough to encircle your waist through it. Sew the ends together and cut it to the desired length.

If those instructions make no sense, I can make you a photo tutorial since I'm going to be making one for my sister at some point this weekend.

StrawberryLum
12-22-2007, 02:44 PM
The way I made the petticoat for my Walolita dress would probably be good for your Alice costume. Basically, just get a couple [two or three, depending on how puffy you want it] three yard lengths of tulle. Lay them out one on top of the other, folded over so that each one is two layers. Sew them together about two inches down from the top and then thread a piece of elastic long enough to encircle your waist through it. Sew the ends together and cut it to the desired length.

If those instructions make no sense, I can make you a photo tutorial since I'm going to be making one for my sister at some point this weekend.

Nope, I completly understand what you mean. That should work too.
I figured it'd be something easy like that but the thing looked so weird it confused me. :crylaugh:

PhotoPanda
12-22-2007, 05:03 PM
Hey!

Sorry it took a little, but i got some of the pics from Gasukan 2.5 up on my site (http://www.Photopanda.Zenfolio.com)!
Not to many, cuz it really wasnt as much of a photoshoot, and it's hard to get some good pics in a bowling alley (specially since they turned off the lights!)

^_^

ooo and also, anyone here planning on going to Kei-Kon (http://www.keikon.org/)? It's a small little con in Vancouver BC.

Bredward
12-22-2007, 07:10 PM
Nope, I completly understand what you mean. That should work too.
I figured it'd be something easy like that but the thing looked so weird it confused me. :crylaugh:
That's good.

I've tried responding to that PM you sent me, but Cosplay.com likes to be stupid sometimes and give me an error message when trying to load certain pages. So it's not letting me send it. I was trying to say sure, if it's not to late for me to be getting back to you, and I was wondering what time you'd be picking me up and if you need directions.

TseUq
12-23-2007, 03:42 AM
Hey!

ooo and also, anyone here planning on going to Kei-Kon (http://www.keikon.org/)? It's a small little con in Vancouver BC.

Heck yes I am XD LOL I wasnt planning too.... but now that Im missing SakuraCon T_T and would have to wait till Fanime for my first con of 08 ....and the fact that so many people are popping up and deciding to go, lol (and of course why wouldnt I take advantage of the fact I live not even two hours away XD) <= for me this is AMAZING as no other events are on the island *always have to take the ferry/drive/fly somewhere*

Kumi-chan
12-23-2007, 04:48 AM
If I could afford the time and the cost, I would, but I doubt it. I'm probably going to attend Chibi-Chibi Con. My uncle lives fairly close to it, so I might be able to stay at his place.

Bredward
12-23-2007, 05:17 AM
I'll probably go to Chibi-Chibi Con too, but Vancouver is a bit far for me.

StrawberryLum
12-23-2007, 07:29 PM
I would so go to Kei-Kon but I'll be in Europe soo yeah, not doable. lol

ShinWHO
12-25-2007, 12:13 AM
Where in Europe are you going?
I went to visit family in Prague this past spring. Such a beautiful city.
My mom and sister will go from London to Paris this coming year.

Mainly though, I just wanted to say:
Merry Christmas!
I'll see you all, work permitting, in January.

StrawberryLum
12-25-2007, 08:00 PM
Where in Europe are you going?
I went to visit family in Prague this past spring. Such a beautiful city.
My mom and sister will go from London to Paris this coming year.

Mainly though, I just wanted to say:
Merry Christmas!
I'll see you all, work permitting, in January.

I'll be traveling all over. England, Ireland, Scotland, France, Italy and if I have enough money left over I'll go to Japan (which isn't Europe.. I know.. but I've been invited, don't know if I wanna go yet though). I'm so very excited. :rockon:

And merry Christmas to everyone as well. I got a gift card to Joann's so I have no excuse to not getting my costume and then some, done. :-)

cpardo
12-26-2007, 03:33 PM
Kumi Chan mentioned YES anything traditional for a costume is great, and it doesn't have to be Asian or anime related. You know like Victorian, EGL or like um...you know Elizabeth Swann stuff?

We're trying to figure out something for me to wear but I think we got it...

UW could work since there are indoor places to lounge around and keep out of the cold!

EDIT: OH y'all already made the points I brought up lol. I'd wear my classic Star Blazers uniform but the shirt needs to be cleaned and I dunno if the red fabric on it will bleed if I washed it, and the pants won't fit anymore since I lost 10 pounds.

keropan
12-26-2007, 07:44 PM
Regarding UW, I agree with AznTranquility that the HUB is the best place to hold the potluck. For some reason I'm not sure if it's open on weekends - my friend says no, my intuition is thinking WAIT where are the non-dormers going to eat while on campus? (aside from the ave, ehe)

You can also 'check out' a room in the HUB, but only if you're a student of course. So it might be cool to stay in touch with the UW anime club if you guys are interested in doing that instead.

Personally, I'm not sure if I can make it - my schedule's up in the air at this point. Anyway, I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas, for those who celebrate it. :>

Hitokiri Kenshin
12-27-2007, 01:50 AM
Don't know what I'll do as oldest looking thing I have is Kenshin out fit, but 1878 isn't that classic or traditional.

Kumi-chan
12-27-2007, 02:24 AM
Of course it is, silly. If it wasn't, my Taisho-era stuff wouldn't count either because it's from the early 1920s. Rurouni Kenshin stuff would be perfect.

If you're going that route (traditional clothing), having the character in kimono is more than suitable. And remember, it doesn't have to be an anime character, or Japanese, or even Asian clothing.

Ichigo=15
12-27-2007, 05:19 PM
I know it hasn't been decided yet, but it would be great if the January photoshoot was on Jan. 13 in my opinion.

Kaits
12-27-2007, 05:46 PM
I would love to come this time as last time didn't turn out working. I'd probably only be able to come for a little while though as I have things going on in the morning/early afternoon both days. If I do come though I'm hoping to make a San/Princess Mononoke costume.(Something simple I can make in a few weeks) *runs to the fabric store*

Also, I think UW looks like a great location!

StrawberryLum
12-27-2007, 06:27 PM
Jan. 12th would work for me though it appears the 13th has been reccomended.
Is there a way to put a poll on the front page for it?

Kumi-chan
12-27-2007, 09:07 PM
I can't add a poll (they won't let me!) but let me know here what day works for you and I'll see what pops up as the most popular day. Sundays are usually easier for me to get off from work since they're shorter, but if I ask in enough time I can usually get it. It'll have to be soon, though. Next week's schedule is already up, which means I have a week to put in a request.

Grr...you peoples! Now I kind of want to get the stuff for Ashitaka but the fabric I want is too expensive right now. Maybe I'll get a leap on Rin and do her as one of my cosplays. I'd just need some fabric paint for the pattern on the kimono. The breastplate can wait until Sakura Con, I'll do her regular version.

*pokes cpardo* Wanna do Yuta? You know you do. I just need a couple yards of navy blue linen-look cotton...you can wear your Ranma wig unbraided for it. C'mon, it'll be fun! Who cares if we freeze!

StrawberryLum
12-27-2007, 11:33 PM
I have a coupon I could send you that you could use if the fabric is from Joann's.

I've figured out another costume, I'm going to try a nice flowy kimono as I have a really nifty wig that can go with it.

I also want to do something victorian but I don't want to be the only going so far off the anime band wagon. >_^

Kumi-chan
12-28-2007, 12:44 AM
No, it's from Pacific Fabrics...expensive enough already, and then it's real linen, so $15 a yard. Ouch. But I'm really picky about fabric, and this stuff is perfect; it's the only stuff besides cheapo broadcloth that's exactly the right shade for Ashitaka's tunic, I've looked at three different fabric stores and there's nothing else in a weight and weave that satisfies me. Thanks for the offer, though.

I've already got the linen stuff for Rin's outfit. I should work on that, help clear out my fabric bins. She's on my list for Sakura Con anyway, so I'm just getting a head start on her. Ashitaka's really not due until fall.

@Strawberry: Go for it! My other costume is going to be a silk Chinese robe (it's supposed to be a bridal dress, according to the woman at the shop), and I'm only wearing a wig so I'll have long black hair to go with it. I'd love to see some pretty Victorian outfits too.

Kaits
12-28-2007, 01:00 AM
I seriously started on my San costume after just deciding to do it today. Haha!

So far I have a muslin mock up of the tabard and I found the perfect headband! Also I can use my own hair so no wigs. Win! I think this will be my first finished costume made entierly by me. This was just the boost I needed! :D

StrawberryLum
12-28-2007, 01:56 AM
Have you tried Hancock's? They tend to have some great fabrics (sometimes you have to look thru a lot, but still).

And I may end up whipping up a Victorian dress (I've found some really pretty ones to base off of) if I can get my little sister to go, then I'm not alone and I can make her dress up as well. :-)

Kumi-chan
12-28-2007, 03:16 AM
Yes, checked Hancocks, Joann's, and Pacific. Like I said, I'm super picky. I wanted a linen-weight rough weave in Ashitaka's blue, and nobody else had it. Texture's a big deal to me, and I wanted something that had a more homespun look. It just seemed it would be fitting for a historical costume like his.
I feel the same way about other feudal/medieval/historical costumes, like for Inuyasha. To me, a smooth cotton weave like quilting cotton doesn't look authentic or have enough weight.

Ashitaka's one of my three big projects for 2008, the others being Rin and her armor and Akane's Juliet dress. I want to do an awesome job on his outfit, the whole thing: weapons, riding gear (those chaps, and yes, I'm doing the rain cloak that makes him look like a haystack), boots, every little detail. Proper materials are especially important to me for him (I want to hand-stitch his boots out of real leather, for one thing). I've just got my heart set on this particular fabric, and I didn't see anything close to it at any of the other stores. I know it's gonna cost more but...it's perfect!

Bredward
12-28-2007, 07:50 PM
I've been known to take artistic liberties with my fabric choices. Like my Fai coat... I don't even know what to call the fabric that's made out of. I think it's like cotton with tinsel woven into it or something.

But if I ever feel like making something out of satin again, please slap me. I'm not letting my sister wear her Sailor Chibi Moon costume until I completely re-do it. o_<

I vote for January 12.

StrawberryLum
12-29-2007, 01:06 AM
Satin is evil and then some. >_< I feel your pain.

And yay! My sis has a greed to go. She'll be the White Rabbit and a "victorian" charcter (I've come up with an idea and it's a surprise for everyone :-D) and I'm trying to think of another charcter for her to be (because I just love drowning myself in work, lol) but I can't think of anything. Hmm.

cpardo
12-29-2007, 01:18 AM
*pokes cpardo* Wanna do Yuta? You know you do. I just need a couple yards of navy blue linen-look cotton...you can wear your Ranma wig unbraided for it. C'mon, it'll be fun! Who cares if we freeze!

Aw you gave it away lol... But yeah I already discussed with Kumi that yeah I WILL be Yuta for the shoot :). AND something else...

Hitokiri Kenshin
12-29-2007, 02:44 AM
Who is Yuta?

cpardo
12-29-2007, 03:05 AM
Yuta is the main male character from Mermaid Forest, a Rumiko Takahashi title.:toothy:

Kumi-chan
12-30-2007, 01:18 PM
Check it out, it's really awesome. :toothy:

Hitokiri Kenshin
12-31-2007, 03:19 AM
So will it be the Sunday then?

Kumi-chan
12-31-2007, 01:54 PM
Dunno...I think I'd prefer Sunday the 13th, but not too many people have responded. If you count my vote, I think we have two for Saturday and two for Sunday.

PhotoPanda
01-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Happy new years artards!

^_^

Darkain
01-02-2008, 02:04 AM
*poke*

Hey there! Sorry I've been out of the loop for a while on things, but I'm back in the game now!! I was pretty sick last time, so I had to miss out on the event. But this time, I'm all set, and ready to go!! I'm ready to get this 2008 cosplay season rolling. :)

Hitokiri Kenshin
01-02-2008, 02:26 AM
Still got your cd ready.

Kumi-chan
01-02-2008, 03:10 AM
Happy New Year, y'all!

Okay, I'm going to pick which day we're having the shoot by tomorrow evening. Last chance to input your choice.

--------------------
Oh, and in case you're thinking about next month...yes, it will somehow involve Valentine's Day. Or we're having a Valentine's Day party (not necessarily on Valentine's Day, but there will be chocolate and hearts). The title "A Red Thread" has been kicking around in my head, which of course could be interpreted as the Japanese belief (those destined to be together are connected by a red thread, in case you're unfamiliar). It could also reference "red threads", as in the color of the clothes you wear. Or you can come up with something completely different.

Why bring it up now? Just wanted to give you a heads up. I'd like to start doing this earlier, so if you want to make a new cosplay, you've got enough time to do so without rushing. Also, I, uh...kind of already know what I'd like to do myself for February. Not that this one should come as much of a surprise. I like to keep it seasonal.

So anyway! February's theme will probably be "A Red Thread". And it'll probably be somewhere near the middle of the month again, since that's the way our shoots seem to go. We'll discuss it more later, including possible locations (I'm leaning towards urban for that one).

--------------------
For January!

We should meet in the Hub (Student Union Building (http://www.washington.edu/home/maps/northcentral.html?HUB), circled in red). It's indoors and warm, and close to at least one parking garage and the buses. Time...noon? I swear, if I'm not on time this time, I'm gonna stab myself in the foot (I think I might have the tool for it, too). I'm thinking maybe the lobby one floor up from the food court? There's a large seating area there, and bathrooms close by if you need to change or do makeup. I don't know how late the building itself is open (looks like the food places close pretty early) but it should work if we're meeting around noon.

Hitokiri Kenshin
01-02-2008, 04:04 AM
I still say Sunday.

StrawberryLum
01-02-2008, 04:39 PM
Ack.. that map scares me, it screams "You will get lost.. muwahahaha".. evil map. >_<
Let's hope mapquest can give accurate directions, that'd be nice.

Kumi-chan
01-02-2008, 05:40 PM
A little earlier than I said, but...I think the shoot will be Saturday the 12th, starting at noon. Contrary to what I expected, I got confirmation that I will indeed be off that day, and votes have been about even (of the four or so people who expressed an opinion). I remember last shoot several people said they'd really like to have it on Saturday sometime.

Remember, we're sort of doing a potluck lunch, so bring a dish if you'd like. Make sure to bring some sort of utensil to serve it with. I'll get some paper plates and plastic utensils/disposable chopsticks. Anyone want to bring drinks? Oh, and we will clean up after ourselves, right? We left our area a little messy in October.

My usual offer of a ride for those in the Lynnwood/Edmonds/Mill Creek/Everett area stands. Also, Kent, since I'll be swinging down that way anyway. Three seats available. PM me if you need it (few bucks for gas is all I ask).

keropan
01-02-2008, 06:52 PM
We should meet in the Hub (Student Union Building (http://www.washington.edu/home/maps/northcentral.html?HUB), circled in red). It's indoors and warm, and close to at least one parking garage and the buses. Time...noon? I swear, if I'm not on time this time, I'm gonna stab myself in the foot (I think I might have the tool for it, too). I'm thinking maybe the lobby one floor up from the food court? There's a large seating area there, and bathrooms close by if you need to change or do makeup. I don't know how late the building itself is open (looks like the food places close pretty early) but it should work if we're meeting around noon.

I hope this is helpful for those of you driving to UW.

Parking gets pretty pricey in the UW area, so carpooling is your best shot - that way you can all split the price. If you're thinking about the Odegaard Parking Garage, I'm pretty sure that might just set you back ~$13.00. It might be more since parking charges change practically every year.

Parking there (as well as street parking) is free on Sunday (spaces fill up fast though) but I think that point is moot since it's now scheduled for Saturday. ^^;

There is also parking if you stay on N 45th, turn right when you see Greek Row on the left. That's probably ~$13 as well. It's probably a 5 minute walk to the HUB from there.

A slightly farther option would be the E1 parking lot next to the IMA gym (past Husky Stadium). I think it's $6-8 to park there. You'll have to walk up a LOT of stairs to get up to main campus (there are escalators, I can attempt to provide directions if people don't want to take the stairs...), but the good thing about that is it takes you directly across from the HUB.

Or you know, public transportation is always a fun option. :)

hyori
01-03-2008, 05:07 AM
Joshimitsu and I are down for either day. I don't really have anything to wear but I will figure something out! (^^)b

Ichigo=15
01-03-2008, 06:58 AM
Looks like its another photoshoot I'll be missing. Sucks too, because I go to UW.

Justke
01-04-2008, 02:02 AM
Ooh, I might be able to make it in cosplay this time XD I think I have some traditional or fairy tale outfits I could customize, hehehe...

and it's the day before my birthday :o perfect timing x]

Kumi-chan
01-04-2008, 02:19 AM
Hmm...perhaps I should bake a cake, then? I make a really good chocolate cake (or white with strawberries, if you'd prefer).

AznTranquility
01-04-2008, 05:15 AM
whaat I thought parking was free on saturdays after 12? or am I wrong? Cuz i could've gotten hecka parking tickets!!

I think i'll pass up cosplaying at this location...it's more of a closet hobby for me XD
I'll still show up to take pictures though! and maybe show people around ^^
when school starts i'll be looking around the campus for neat places to take pictures.
can i vote for the 12th?

Kumi-chan
01-04-2008, 02:16 PM
Dwah...sorry, forgot to say, I posted all the information in the head post. You can always check there for the most recent shoot info (and galleries, once we're done).

Short answer, 12th is probably the day. Which is why the parking thing came up.

Justke
01-05-2008, 03:02 AM
o.o I like cake. Haha, you don't have to if you're too busy XDD but that would be really nice ^^ Hmmm, not much of a chocolate fan so maybe the white with strawberries if it's not too much trouble :D hehe.

Kumi-chan
01-05-2008, 03:18 AM
Hey, I've got the day before off from work. And I love to bake. ^_^
Strawberries! I'll make it all pretty for ya and stuff.

Justke
01-05-2008, 03:50 AM
Aww, thanks so much ;_______;!!!!!

Hitokiri Kenshin
01-05-2008, 01:05 PM
Was thinking I might make some cookies as well.

PhotoPanda
01-05-2008, 02:20 PM
I'm down for the 12th if parking is free. ^_^

AznTranquility
01-06-2008, 05:11 PM
parking's free on saturday starting at noon 12oclock...anytime before and you're paying like 5 bucks.
if you come early you can always park at the IMA for like 80cents and trike up back behind the dorms to the hub.
i think everyone should park at the same place, it'd be neater:
N22 parking [by the hub] or under Kane Hall [C1-C5]

Arissa-chan
01-06-2008, 10:30 PM
Saturday? Wah. I won't be able to come then. I don't think the monkey-boy has posed any interest in coming, either. >.> Must...learn...to...drive...and...not...be...so... pathetic...

But, I did get a wig for my Freedert costume! Hooray for Carmen! I just need to wash and detangle it and shtuff. (I tried it on once and I need to brush it out again. Must read wig tutorial again...>.>). I read up on the detangler (I think I might go for the Mane N' Tail), but I dunno about shampoo and conditioner. I was recomended baby shampoo or some other gentle shampoo (which I don't know counts as a gentle shampoo), but I'm not sure.

Since, you guys (and girls) are locals, I figured I'd ask this here. Where can I get an adjustable wig stand around here?

...But, I digress.

Kumi-chan
01-06-2008, 11:43 PM
How about if we schedule stuff to start at 1:00? We'll still start gathering at noon (I don't mind paying $5), but if money's really tight for you you don't have to worry about it. Anyone who shows up early can use the time to get ready, do makeup, get dressed if you didn't wear your outfit to the school, etc.

Just picked up my red dress and Shampoo outfit from my storage unit. Though I might do my purple pantsuit with the black wig. It's also really pretty and a little more practical for martial arts.

cpardo
01-07-2008, 01:21 AM
ah okay. I was kind of hoping for Sunday to go spear hunting (looking for a prop, not animal hunting) on Saturday but no biggie. Saturday is cool then many of us don't have to worry about working the next day. I can come early and get ready on campus!

StrawberryLum
01-07-2008, 02:26 AM
I'll try to get there a little after noon, if I can save 5 bucks, I'm going to save me the 5 bucks. :-)

Kaits
01-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Looks like I'm going to have to skip this meetup because I have something going on until at least 4:30. (Hopefully the Feb one will work out.) Have fun everyone! :)

babybrowns
01-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Hey, this is the Mello from the last meet.
I hope I don't sound like an ass but I don't suppose anyone has a small gakuran/boy school jacket with buttons I could borrow for the next meet? Even just the jacket is fine.

I'll uh... give a reward? X3

Bredward
01-08-2008, 10:51 PM
I got most of the stuff I need to finish my costume on Sunday, so hopefully I'll be able to get all of that done tomorrow and Thursday. I just started classes at the Art Institute, so my free time is suddenly being eaten.

feyith
01-09-2008, 02:26 PM
*Sigh.* I have to work this weekend. Nooooo!!! It will have been like three months since I've stolen SvK's guns and tackle glomped Darkain! :(

TseUq
01-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Not going to be able to make it down to this one :( I have zero dollars to spare at the moment T_T Need to save up for my trip to japan XD Doubt I'll make it to febuary either >.< But hopefully some of you are coming up my way for Kei Kon in febuary ^^

ultimaaa
01-10-2008, 12:53 AM
I got most of the stuff I need to finish my costume on Sunday, so hopefully I'll be able to get all of that done tomorrow and Thursday. I just started classes at the Art Institute, so my free time is suddenly being eaten.

Off-topic, but... Art Institute you saaaaaay? What program? O: *not being a stalker, I swear*

Bredward
01-11-2008, 12:40 AM
Off-topic, but... Art Institute you saaaaaay? What program? O: *not being a stalker, I swear*
Fashion Design. :]

I don't think that the coat for my costume will be finished by Saturday. ;__;

But at least I succeeded in making a hoopskirt and getting a new corset, and hopefully I'll be able to make a crown and a pair of bloomers tomorrow.

cpardo
01-11-2008, 01:31 AM
Sounds like it's going to be wet this weekend. Can we shoot photos indoors?

ultimaaa
01-11-2008, 02:47 AM
Fashion Design. :]

I don't think that the coat for my costume will be finished by Saturday. ;__;

But at least I succeeded in making a hoopskirt and getting a new corset, and hopefully I'll be able to make a crown and a pair of bloomers tomorrow.

Aww, I'm in Animation. =(

And I'm totally not going with the theme of the shoot. XD; I have noooothing that fits.

x0g33k0x
01-11-2008, 03:05 AM
Aww, I'm in Animation. =(

And I'm totally not going with the theme of the shoot. XD; I have noooothing that fits.

Go punk loli! Then you can use my mini top hat and voila! Punk Hatter!

ultimaaa
01-11-2008, 05:09 AM
Go punk loli! Then you can use my mini top hat and voila! Punk Hatter!

You already know my plan, lol. But that's not a bad idea~ I'll just borrow your clothes. XD

Kumi-chan
01-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Well, as I've said before, you can wear whatever you want. The theme is just a suggestion, to make group photos easier and give those of us with a large costume wardrobe an idea of what to wear.

Sewing and cake today! Finally! Maybe those kinks in my shoulders will go away...work has been hell this week.

Hitokiri Kenshin
01-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Didn't get cookie dough so won't be able to make a batch to bring unfortunately.

SvK
01-11-2008, 04:27 PM
*Sigh.* I have to work this weekend. Nooooo!!! It will have been like three months since I've stolen SvK's guns and tackle glomped Darkain! :(

If it makes you feel any better, I am only going to bring a bat, not a giant gun.

Arissa-chan
01-11-2008, 04:58 PM
I'm just bringing my jelly straws...I hope soup will be provided. >.> I'll just be the dressed-up girl with the face mask on. Yes, I got sick, again. But don't avoid me!

Justke
01-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Hehe, I'll see if I can bring something too ^____^

StrawberryLum
01-11-2008, 06:47 PM
I'm not going to be able to make it. I got stuck being so freaking ill it was ridiculous. I wasn't able to get my costume done and on top of that I'm still feeling sickly. I've felt a bit better but not driving safe as of yet and I don't wanna push myself like I usually do when I'm sick.

falore
01-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Aw, it seems like a lot of people are getting sick these days ): Hope those of you who are get well soon~

Rain rain go away D: But excited for my first time actually meeting people outside of school who enjoy cosplay! >w<

Bredward
01-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Is anyone from the south King County/Tacoma area going who would be able to give me a ride?

Amidoji
01-11-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm sorry. My schedule doesn't work out for this one, so I wo't be making it. Hoping for next month.

Darkain
01-12-2008, 03:37 AM
I'm not going to be able to make it. I got stuck being so freaking ill it was ridiculous. I wasn't able to get my costume done and on top of that I'm still feeling sickly. I've felt a bit better but not driving safe as of yet and I don't wanna push myself like I usually do when I'm sick.

*hugs* just try and rest up well!! theres always next time... and the time after that... and the time before that... and that other time... theres lots of time!! oh krap, look at the time, its going on 1AM and the shoot is todaymorrow... WHY AM I STILL AWAKE???

Hitokiri Kenshin
01-12-2008, 03:54 AM
I'm in the same boat. And I have your cd ready.

Justke
01-12-2008, 04:04 AM
Hehe, what are we all doing still awake XD Ahh, I've been sick lately but I was hoping it'd go away by now hahaha. Sorry if I cough on any of you guys and....die on a tree or something. lol Luckily my cough isn't as bad as before :D I just have a stuffy nose.

Kumi-chan
01-12-2008, 05:46 AM
Goodness, is everybody dying around here? I swear, it's the same at work, that's why they kept dragging me in all week. My immune system's too good, I guess.

Ah, going to bed now. Gotta get up early for ironing and wig stuff and a wee bit o' icing. Our kitchen smells like cake and strawberries. Never tried the recipe before, but I tasted the batter before I poured it into the pans--it's gonna be good. ^_^

Also, mom got a $10 gift certificate for a local ice cream shop from a friend, and she handed it over to me. So I'm bringing ice cream too. And a thermos or two of hot tea. Sounds like some of you need it.

SvK
01-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Skipping dinner lets me post the first photos (http://svk.angryzero.com/GasukanJan2008.zip), which are sadly few and poor. I should (a) make sure my batteries are full, (b) have a costume that makes the camera more accessible, (c) I dunno, be a good photographer? A and B are the easy ones.

I'm glad that so many people came, but I wish we were more organized. Confusion about where to go and who was doing what made me stand around in the cold for quite a while. My hands did turn some interesting colors, so I guess it wasn't a total loss, but I like to be efficient and productive in having fun.

Things I particularly enjoyed included the cake that Kumi-chan brought (it's so delicious and moist!), hearing our huge group move silently through the library, intruding on pictures of pretty girls, and being recognized by a passerby who also happened to know some members of our party from an unrelated but still nerdy activity.

In case you missed the link earlier, 9 lousy photos. (http://svk.angryzero.com/GasukanJan2008.zip)

The~Wind
01-13-2008, 01:01 AM
Today was fun! I hope next time I have a nice costume, one that might not require me to bind my chest, oh and a digital camera. *nods* I love my baby (Cannon AE-1) to death, but she just didn't want to cooperate with me today.

Hitokiri Kenshin
01-13-2008, 01:25 AM
Today was fun. Will have pics up as soon as I can.

Arissa-chan
01-13-2008, 05:07 AM
>.< I wish I could've been there! Germs must die!

Kumi-chan
01-13-2008, 06:04 AM
What an awesome shoot! I'm posting before I go to bed because I'm still a bit amped up. Sadly, I have no photos of my own. I forgot/was too lazy to take any myself. But I had a lot of fun, and I hope everybody else did too.

I think part of the issue with our disorganization (is word?) is that UW is huge. And there's so much awesomeness there in terms of backdrops. It might have helped if we'd planned on a particular area, but I think it worked out pretty well. Maybe a little cold, but can't do too much about that if we shoot outdoors in the winter.

----------
Next month...middle of the month again, day and location to be determined. Now's the time to speak up if you'd prefer Saturday or Sunday. Theme will be "A Red Thread". I'll start a new thread soon, probably after we get some galleries up.

ultimaaa
01-13-2008, 06:30 AM
Aaah, awesome shoot was awesome. I totally didn't expect such a large group of REBORN! cosplayers, lol.

Also, I fail and didn't bring camera, therefore no pics. orz

Hitokiri Kenshin
01-13-2008, 01:10 PM
Be a Sunday next time.

Justke
01-13-2008, 02:15 PM
@__@!!!! That was so amazing. The cold and loss of feeling in my elbows were worth seeing the wonderful scenery around the campus... especially that beautiful library >.< Thank you so much for the cake too....it was delicious!!! :D

hahaha, I only took 3 pictures, and they were of the REBORN! cosplayers, so I'll upload them soon....they kinda turned out cool, because the setting was accidentally on incandescent(sp.) so it was blueish and dreary and cool-looking...:o

cpardo
01-13-2008, 06:38 PM
Yes that was a great turnout for the shoot. A little wet and a bit cold, but having pics inside the library was a good idea. Kumi said I got a lot of compliments on my costume. Thanks. :bashful:

I'm editing pics right now. I'm going to make them a little smaller, so I can post them on this site rather than just photobucket.

See you next time!

falore
01-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Wow that was really quite fun. So glad I got to meet all you cool peoples :] And omg, REBORN! love. That totally made my day. I never knew UW was that pretty, definitely a plus for photoshoots (especially the library, *A*)

Anyway, I'll be posting some of my photos up soon. Looking forward to everyone else's as well! >w<

SvK
01-13-2008, 09:16 PM
cpardo: I like bigger pictures, and find Photobucket easier to navigate than cosplay.com. Can you put photos on Photobucket as well? P.S. Uhhhh, nice boobs?

falore: Is your title a reference to Madeline L'Engle?

AznTranquility
01-13-2008, 10:35 PM
http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t292/azntranquility/cosplay/

sorry for the blurriness of my borrowed camera =)
-----------on the other hand:
It wasn't THAT disorganized
We managed pretty well until after the library [thanks to panda for loud voice projection]
i was happy cuz EVERYONE was so quiet in suzallo! didn't disturb the students TOO much hahaha
thanks for the cake and icecream kumi!

anyhow nice meeting everyone!

falore
01-13-2008, 10:52 PM
SvK: Why yes! The first time I ever read that, it totally amazed me (I was in 5th grade, haha) and it's stuck with me since :]

And here are my photos!
http://album.blog.yam.com/album.php?userid=falore&folder=3812536
(sorry for the Asian language-ness = =;; it's fairly easy to navigate, just click on the photos for the next one, etc.)

Also, for the Vongoloa family ^^: I'd like to know what usernames you'd prefer to be referred to as, since I'm editing some of those photos for internet postage, and would like to credit you all! (Or if you'd rather not be on the interwebz, that works as well.) Thanks~

The~Wind
01-14-2008, 12:24 AM
falore, what nice pictures! Two of the shots have me fiddling with my camera in them. It's amusing. BTW, I was the tall one in knee high black boots, black pants, a white dress shirt, black dress vest and black tie. I had long black hair and a sword.

AznTranquility, I love your pictures... I look remarkably dorky in one of the shots you too, it's amusing.

I was the one carting around the older, film, camera and swearing angrily at her when she didn't cooperate (damn weather). I should have asked this earlier, but the photos I took will be used for a Photography project, anyone object to being seen by Tacoma Community College art professors?

Arissa-chan
01-14-2008, 12:55 AM
Eeto..."A Red Thread"? O.o???

If I'm lucky I might have my Freedert costume done by then (again, being a loser and having someone sew it for me, so I can't really say. I went fabric shopping for Freedert and Elliot, so I about drowned in red, white, and blue fabric!). That'd be red enough!

Or I can just go as the Red Butterfly again...>.>.

I will take airborne everyday so I will be disease free come photoshoot time!

PhotoPanda
01-14-2008, 09:14 AM
Just got them up!

Check the site!

now off to work!

cpardo
01-14-2008, 01:50 PM
cpardo: I like bigger pictures, and find Photobucket easier to navigate than cosplay.com. Can you put photos on Photobucket as well? P.S. Uhhhh, nice boobs?

Okay I'll put some bigger versions of the photos later on photobucket.

Umm....thanks for the compliment? lol.

OH and I didn't study Tai Chi but I did study Wu Shu for a year and a half which was way awesome. So it's not just from watching kung fu movies and Ranma 1/2!

feyith
01-14-2008, 02:09 PM
Wow, Kumi...you're always SO PRETTY!

Hitokiri Kenshin
01-14-2008, 02:18 PM
I'll have mine done uploading tonight or tomorrow.

Darkain
01-14-2008, 03:19 PM
Experimenting with my new web site, here is my gallery!!

http://www.cosplaymeetup.com/events/GasuKan_3/gallery/

ultimaaa
01-14-2008, 04:19 PM
Experimenting with my new web site, here is my gallery!!

http://www.cosplaymeetup.com/events/GasuKan_3/gallery/

*right-click save spree*

Wheeeeee~! They turned out awesome. Also, LOL at the amount of pictures of Lee in there. XD You weren't kidding.

The~Wind
01-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Yay Mr. Photographer got the pictures up! Yay! *goes to look*

I'm developing three rolls of film tomorrow, so hopefully they will turn out okay.

Darkain
01-14-2008, 04:31 PM
*right-click save spree*

Wheeeeee~! They turned out awesome. Also, LOL at the amount of pictures of Lee in there. XD You weren't kidding.

LOL, I told you!!! My camera gravitates to cute lolis... Or did I forget to warn all of you of that??? ;)

BTW: Have you played the "Lee" song by "Tenacoius D" for her yet? :P

mmmm, and thanks... glad ya like em. :)

StrawberryLum
01-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Ya'll are making me sad I wasn't able to go. >_<
And OhEmGee at the BunnyBear bag: http://www.cosplaymeetup.com/users/Darkain/gallery/166/
Those bags are freaking adorable.

falore
01-14-2008, 10:34 PM
sorry to spam again with photos <-<;; but I have me some nice edited ones here @ dA: http://faloresque.deviantart.com/

please pm/note me if you're in any of these photos and would like credit, cuz you guys are all so full of awesome it is unbelievable :>

(hint hint: mostly vongola folk b/c I'm a maniac for REBORN! haha)

cpardo
01-14-2008, 10:38 PM
Here's the first batch of photos:

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?BRSR=0&cat=101165&member=16257

The rest coming soon. Thanks to photo panda and others who snapped photos with my camera while I was in the shot :).

Hitokiri Kenshin
01-15-2008, 02:33 AM
Nice pics Darkain.

Kumi-chan
01-15-2008, 02:44 AM
feyith: Oh...dear...not really. It's the lighting, and the makeup, and the photographers...*goes up in flames*
Thank you. ^^'

How many of you got shots of my butt while I was cutting the cake?! That is not a flattering angle!

Darkain, Panda, and everybody else: Lovely shots. I'll start adding to the head post. (Darkain, for some reason I really like the close up shot you took of my cheapo plastic katana. It's snazzy.)

@cake: ^_^

Darkain
01-15-2008, 03:10 AM
Darkain, for some reason I really like the close up shot you took of my cheapo plastic katana. It's snazzy.

Oh, hahahaa, that was yours? I couldnt remember whos it was. I just remembered that at some point during the day I was like "OMG ITS A SWORD!!!" *click* (and since there were like 5 swords there, i couldnt remember which was which...)

Kumi-chan
01-15-2008, 03:32 AM
And yet you snapped a shot of the fake one. The really fake one. :P
But it looks pretty good in your shot. Yes, those are my hands resting on the hilt. *so doesn't know how to pose with a sword and needs to practice before she wears it again*

I loved some of the shots you took on the stairs. Gorgeous.
Now I must put together a Yomiko Readman cosplay for the next time we shoot there.

babybrowns
01-15-2008, 09:24 PM
sorry to spam again with photos <-<;; but I have me some nice edited ones here @ dA: http://faloresque.deviantart.com/

please pm/note me if you're in any of these photos and would like credit, cuz you guys are all so full of awesome it is unbelievable :>

(hint hint: mostly vongola folk b/c I'm a maniac for REBORN! haha)

Dude! I didn't realize you had that much prowess! (this is Lambo) I'm adding you ok?

SvK: Why yes! The first time I ever read that, it totally amazed me (I was in 5th grade, haha) and it's stuck with me since :]

And here are my photos!
http://album.blog.yam.com/album.php?userid=falore&folder=3812536
(sorry for the Asian language-ness = =;; it's fairly easy to navigate, just click on the photos for the next one, etc.)

Also, for the Vongoloa family ^^: I'd like to know what usernames you'd prefer to be referred to as, since I'm editing some of those photos for internet postage, and would like to credit you all! (Or if you'd rather not be on the interwebz, that works as well.) Thanks~

Man, I should probably actually start coming to this forum here and there...
Anyways, I s'pose you can just "credit" (though I deserve none) me as babybrowns? My deviant art is "baby0browns" so maybe that'll work better, but I really don't care about having my name up since it was just last minute closet cosplay^.^;;

cpardo
01-15-2008, 10:26 PM
The rest of the photos are up now:

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=101165&member=16257

These are just the COSPLAY photos. I'll put ALL of the photos I took up at photobucket later.

Enjoy!

PS: HA! There are no butt shots in my batch, Kumi-chan!

SvK
01-16-2008, 04:31 AM
There was an unusual concentration of cool (http://www.cosplaymeetup.com/content/images/0000/0000/130_o.jpg) Asian (http://www.cosplaymeetup.com/content/images/0000/0000/120_o.jpg) ladies (http://www.cosplaymeetup.com/content/images/0000/0000/85_o.jpg) wearing black (http://www.cosplaymeetup.com/content/images/0000/0000/89_o.jpg) at this event. There were also a lot of black suit jackets (http://pics15.blog.yam.com/8/userfile/f/falore/album/1478ad5008ee44.jpg). Black was definitely the official color of Gasukan 3. Swing-dancing flame-headed guy (http://pics15.blog.yam.com/8/userfile/f/falore/album/1478ad21990db0.jpg) seemed pretty cool in person, and all the photos only confirm my initial assessment.

Darkain: You need to suffer for your art like we do. Dress inappropriately for Gasukan 4, please.

The~Wind: I'd like to see what pictures you got out of your old-school manual camera. Seeing it made me nostalgic.

The~Wind
01-16-2008, 05:33 PM
SvK: I won't be printing all of the images I took. I'm only printing a few since photopaper is expensive. The ones that I do print, I will try to bring to the next Gasukan. Because I know Darkain wants to see the shots. *nods* I will also bring the contact sheet and if those who I took shots of, want pictures, I can see about maybe printing some up.

PhotoPanda
01-16-2008, 08:08 PM
I totally did not know the site that host's my photo's dont let you right click-save!

T_T so sorry!!

I got all the Gasukan 3.0 up on Flickr till i find a new place to host my photography site...

http://flickr.com/photos/photopanda

TseUq
01-16-2008, 09:45 PM
Hey all!! Hope everyone had a good time this past weekend ^^ upset I couldnt make it V__V But alas, my wallet wasnt gonna allow me to travel the great distance across the border XD haha! Anywho, I really hope to make Feb or March and hope to use this location, as the photos are AWESOME!

Hitokiri Kenshin
01-17-2008, 02:30 AM
Here are my pics for the most part. Still have a lot that were taken on the stairs I haven't re-sized yet.

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=101374&member=41105