PDA

View Full Version : Technicon 25 anyone?

makotohanabi
12-18-2007, 04:16 PM
http://www.technicon.org

March 28-30 2008 Blacksburg, VA

Thinking about going for the guests next year. There's not much info up, I'm curious if anyone has gone and what they think.

Hoping they will post hotel info soon.

Lycoris
12-19-2007, 01:17 PM
I've gone to Technicon! I actually went to school at VA Tech so... yeah. It's a rather small convention that has a faithful collection of locals that always attend plus a decent number of college students. It's been a few years since I went and I haven't been to their new hotel, but it was generally the same thing every year. Back then there weren't many people cosplaying... but several people came dressed up in period clothes, they may have been members of the SCA.

But they had some fun events like the filking and the belly-dancing workshop. ^_^

I was actually planning on going back this year with some costumes.

makotohanabi
12-20-2007, 05:04 PM
Sounds like a great con. Whether we attend will depend on getting time off, and hotel costs. I checked out this year's page, and assuming it's the same hotel rates it looks like we can make it. Knowing it's in a hotel rather than on campus does affect costume choices as well.

Do you remember if they had open room parties? My SO is curious, and there's no contact info for next years staff up yet.

Thanks for the info.

Lycoris
12-26-2007, 10:15 AM
Nope, I never found out if they had any room parties because I always went back to my dorm room to sleep and never had to stay at the hotel. I guess I'll probably find out this year though!