PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Gathering '08

Youshi Semenjyu
12-19-2007, 12:50 AM
So, is anyone interested in a One Piece gathering for next year? I'm not sure what my friends and I will be wearing, but it will be a toss up, most likely, between the Mugiwara and CP9.

Who's interested?

MoonNeko
01-20-2008, 01:36 AM
Hopefully I can go to A-fest xD LOL But who knows. Doesn't look like a lot of people are interested yet xD LOL

Youshi Semenjyu
01-20-2008, 10:13 AM
Yeah, we can only hope, eh?

MewKilalaMew
03-02-2008, 11:16 PM
Rawr!!

I ish so interested hehehehe

CoralSnake
03-20-2008, 12:49 AM
OMFG I hope to have Moria done by then hehehe ^____^ but DEFINATELY CP9!!!! I hope anyways ^__^

Youshi Semenjyu
03-20-2008, 07:25 AM
I'm thinking CP9 or Baroque Works! ^_^

CoralSnake
03-20-2008, 03:19 PM
you just want me to make Mr. 3 like on the spot just like with Kumadori... LOL >< that'll mean I"ll have so many costumes I won't have room to bring them LOL!! but dear GOD I wanna make Mr. 3 and Moria ;3; and finish Sarquiss and Doc Q... >>;;;

Sailor Moon
04-09-2008, 12:20 PM
I'd be up for bringing my nami again. I need to do the final touches to her anyways, and once I do, I might as well take her to another con. Plus I didn't get very many pics of her at izumi T_T When do you want to do it? I'm down for whenever as long as it's not on Saturday, lol.

Youshi Semenjyu
04-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Well, I'm not bringing any of my Straw Hats. Angel might bring Zoro. But we'll be doing OP all weekend. It doesn't look like there's a huge interest in OP for A-Kon anyway.

Sailor Moon
04-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Youshi ~ So are any of the characters your taking to AFEST people who know Nami in the anime? Cuz I want to be able to actually do pose pictures with you, not just like 'oh look two characters from OP who don't know eachother!!' lol.

Youshi Semenjyu
04-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Oh, Nami would know them, totally.

Though maybe we'll do Galley-La instead? Ladies?

MoonNeko
04-19-2008, 12:24 AM
I still wanna do Paulie, but no one else really has a Galley-La outfit since most of Galley-La consists of shirtless men aka Lulu, Tilston xD LOL

I'm willing to do something else, just not sure what yet, though I think I will bring Iceberg back, he meshes pretty good with Animefest colors xD LOL

Youshi Semenjyu
04-19-2008, 01:06 AM
Weeeelll...I have a tutorial that says how to make a really convincing manchest out of a flesh colored leotard....

CoralSnake
04-20-2008, 11:36 PM
I still don't know who to cosplay as >__< I have some un One Piece related cosplay in mind... but I MUST have a pic of Kumadori there O___O yes...

MoonNeko
04-20-2008, 11:59 PM
There's someone I want to cosplay...but it totally depends on weather or not I can loose the weight.. and I totally wanna cosplay Burgess.. DAMN IT ALL XD then I could run through the halls and go,

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Good times.

Youshi Semenjyu
04-21-2008, 01:59 AM
LOL! I'd love to be in your BB Crew some day.

MoonNeko
04-27-2008, 06:06 PM
Anybody have a specific time they want to shoot for with the photo shoot? I know it's like.. 4 months early, but it's never too early to get prepared I say xD

Youshi Semenjyu
04-30-2008, 07:05 PM
I think Saturday would be best. Maybe in the early afternoon?

(Ah, your Spandam never ceases to bring a smile to my face. Hee!)

MoonNeko
05-01-2008, 11:53 AM
I still need to get some cosplay pics posted here xD LOL I suck. Hopefully I'll be able to start assembling Paulie soon, I've got several months to drop this weight, or at least some of it xD

I've also gotta figure out how to make a luchador mask.. you're the internet queen Youshi.. you know of any place I could find a patturn?

Youshi Semenjyu
05-01-2008, 01:45 PM
I can see what I can find. If not a luchadore mask, then maybe just a face mask pattern in general. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard. ^_^

OMG Paaaaaauuuulllieeeee! <3

CoralSnake
05-18-2008, 08:57 PM
I'll help you sis ;3; but I still don't really know who to cosplay at AnimeFest considering I feel so out of the loop or maybe not even part of the loop ^^;; heh but I'm sure we'll think of something... still kinda wanna do Moria ^^ heh

Youshi Semenjyu
05-19-2008, 12:36 AM
I tihnk we want to try and do Galley-La or CP9, at least, right? And if you do Moria, I will bust out Kuma and brave the Dallas heat once again for joo. <3

MoonNeko
05-20-2008, 01:32 PM
We need a Black Beard Crew... time to start recruiting!!! WRYYYYAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA XD

I wish x_x;; C'mon xD doesn't ANYONE want to make Black Beards kickass new captians jacket?? C'mon!!! Any takers???

Hikaruhime
06-03-2008, 10:34 AM
Hey, guys~ :D

I just started watching One Piece again (inspired by your awesome cosplays)! I'm not very far along, only like episode 100-ish. I really like Miss Valentine from Baroque Works, so I was thinking about putting her together for AFest. ^^ We'll see if I like anyone else as I continue to watch though. I don't really know many of the characters yet, lol. Any other ideas?

MoonNeko
06-04-2008, 10:11 PM
holy crap ...you'd totally make a GREAT Miss Valentine xD you should SOOOOO do it xD Now I have even MORE incentive to get myself in better shape xD

Hikaruhime
06-04-2008, 10:18 PM
Well, it's on the planning list, so hopefully nothing happens! :D

Youshi Semenjyu
06-04-2008, 10:40 PM
That would be way cuuuuuute, HikaruHime! You know, I plan to have Crocodile done by sometime in the next year too. >3

Hikaruhime
06-05-2008, 09:48 AM
OMG YAY~! Well, I have an inside-the-hat base for Miss Valentine's hat, so I shouldn't have to wonder too much about that one, lol.

BlackSamuri
06-06-2008, 01:18 AM
hey guys, just so you know, I will be dressed up as the 4kids censor again this year. so I will probably drop by at one point or another

Youshi Semenjyu
06-06-2008, 02:54 AM
Bwahahaha, Samuri. You might have some angry government agents after you.

CoralSnake
06-06-2008, 05:31 AM
OMFG BlackSamurai... I was cosplaying Buggy and I told you to 'F##K yourself' in a very comical way of corse cause I was smiling... LOL >< I so want a picture with you O___O so so DO! and OMFG Hime ;3; I can't WAIT To see you cosplay! you're making me wanna throw together Mr. 3 and I don't think I can handle that many stripes... LOL ><

Hikaruhime
06-06-2008, 09:10 AM
You can handle ANYTHING! :P But you guys should do what you want. XD

Youshi Semenjyu
06-23-2008, 02:17 PM
We've got two months left before AFest! Awesome. Ladies, I believe our Galley-La group is still a go? =) I think Neko wants to remake her Kaku jacket, and Geddoe wants to join us. We'll see what happens!

As for a day for this gathering...does anyone have any suggestions? When do they prefer? Dates? I think mid morning or early afternoon is best, so it won't interfere with lunch time. (That's the Luffy in me talking, haa.)

Hikaruhime
06-23-2008, 02:51 PM
I think I'm going to have to push Miss V back. :\ I've started babysitting my niece 45 hours a week, on top of my regular job. While I can do whatever I want while I'm babysitting her, she's an infant, so I really can't do much for myself as I'm constantly holding her, feeding her, and changing her diaper. There's not much free time for me, lol. I'm finding it hard to get done what I need to as far as cosplay goes. Too many cosplays I had committed to that I don't think I can finish now. D: I'm going to try to have Miss V for Izumicon though. ;_;

MoonNeko
06-23-2008, 10:29 PM
It's okay !!! We don't mind I'm sure xD Whenever you get a chance to get it done, that's cool with me ^^ There's several costumes I dont' have the funds to make that I want to make T__T

Hikaruhime
06-24-2008, 08:37 AM
So understanding. XD The other cosplay I had to push back, the group was like, WTF!!1 XD