PDA

View Full Version : Doa '08!!

Tenkage-chan
12-19-2007, 10:49 AM
All right, let's get a heads-up, on this! Last year, we had kind of a small gathering but it was still tons of fun! Maybe we can get the whole cast, this year!

I'm planning on re-vamping my DOA4 C-1 Ayane (At request of my Kasumi, Sakurachan! *hugs*) However, if we have another Ayane at the main gathering, I can always wear Ayane later, and bring my Helena to the main gathering, instead! Who else is up, for it?

Da List

Tenkage-chan; Ayane (DOA4 C-1)/Optional- Ayane (DOA Hardcore C-2)
Eurobeat King; Jann Lee (undecided)
Sakurachan61123; Kasumi (DOA4 C-1)
Michi: (tentative) Hitomi

Eurobeat King
12-20-2007, 12:59 AM
I'm all for it! :) Usually I host DOA gatherings at cons or at least manage the thread for them, but i'll gladly let you handle the task at hand, S. ;)

I'll be cosplaying Jann Lee (dunno who else I could be) but unsure which costume I'll wear this upcoming year. I might try getting his yellow-tracksuit one for the summer, or might try for something different. We'll see, but I'm definitely going to join the DOA fun at NDK! Please put me down (on the list hehe)

Tenkage-chan
12-20-2007, 09:31 AM
Sure thing, EBK! *glompz* I'll put you down as "undecided" for which version of him you're doing, -kay?

sakurachan61123
12-21-2007, 02:42 AM
I'm totally doing DOA4 C4 Kasumi~ bwah ha!
My friend is doing Lei Fang. Like. The original one~ Black dress. teee heeee

Tenkage-chan
12-21-2007, 06:36 AM
Sweeeet! Just lemme know your friend's name, and I'll put her up! (Now, if only we could get you-know-who to do Christie. *wink*)

Eurobeat King
12-22-2007, 06:22 AM
Tenkage: Are you going to attend AnimeWasabi in March as well? And if so, will you be bringing Helena there too? :)

Haven't heard from ~H~ in a while, but hopefully she'll reply to this eventually to let everyone know if she'll be wearing Lei Fang again or perhaps another DOA costume.

Tenkage-chan
12-22-2007, 06:58 AM
I'm not sure if I could go. It's smack-dab in the middle of March, possibly during spring break, so if I do, it will only be for one day. March is Spring Break, our second-busiest time, here on the mountain, so getting an extra day off is few and far-between. *shrug* I am an evil minion of Vail Resorts, after all. *points to nametag- "Samurai, VR Ninja"*

Lady Neese
12-23-2007, 11:08 PM
I'm always down for some Lei Fang cosplay. Don't know if I'll have a new one this year or if I'll just rewear one of the older ones that don't have as much photo love.

One thing we have to do this year is take a KO picture of the entire group. We did this at the first NDK DOA gathering, there were only 4 of us, but it was so much fun!!! And is still to this day one of my favorite pictures. ^.^

http://www.geocities.com/mt_kaou_girl_reirei/DOA.jpg

Tenkage-chan
12-23-2007, 11:19 PM
Yay! A Neese is joining us! Heh, a KO pic should be fun. You're right, we should do one!

Tenkage-chan
12-24-2007, 09:53 AM
Sorry for the double-post, but I started a thread over in the Anime Wasabi forums for a DOA gathering, here. (http://animewasabi.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=495#495) I just wanted to get some confirmation from those who would be coming and bringing DOA for it. Who'sa commin'??

Eurobeat King
12-25-2007, 03:38 AM
Sorry for the double-post, but I started a thread over in the Anime Wasabi forums for a DOA gathering, here. (http://animewasabi.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=495#495) I just wanted to get some confirmation from those who would be coming and bringing DOA for it. Who'sa commin'??

haha yeah, it seems whenever I post in that thread, it's about DOA discussion. :D Well, I'll probably bring one Jann Lee to Anime Wasabi in March, probably the newer c2 one, and if i get a new one by NDK, i'll wear that one. Right now I'm unsure for NDK 2008 the one i'll be wearing. I should try looking up more costumes for him from all the DOA games..

MayonakaAme
01-14-2008, 09:58 PM
I'm totally doing DOA4 C4 Kasumi~ bwah ha!
My friend is doing Lei Fang. Like. The original one~ Black dress. teee heeee

That's me. xD I got dragged into this.

Eurobeat King
01-15-2008, 11:47 AM
That's me. xD I got dragged into this.

Welcome to the group! I remember you as Meg from NDK last year, and it'll be fun to cosplay with you for DOA this year! :)

Michi
01-19-2008, 08:21 PM
Depending on what my hair's like in September or if I can afford a wig... Kasumi and Hitomi are options... >_>

sakurachan61123
07-06-2008, 03:49 PM
do Hitomi. We kinda lost ours. And I miss having one :(

anyways. I'm an idiot and totally spaced that we had a thread for this year and made a new one. Ignore the new one I made lol.

sakurachan61123
07-06-2008, 04:07 PM
sorry to double post but what time were we aiming for a shoot as well? I know we've been having some serious overlap issues the past few years . . . so yeah.

Lady Neese
07-06-2008, 11:24 PM
So I know I already said I was in for this but there's been a slight change in my cosplay plans. So I probably won't be doing Leifang this year, sorry guys.

sakurachan61123
07-07-2008, 03:37 AM
What!?

Michi
07-09-2008, 06:49 PM
My friends are planning a DOA group in the future where I'll be Hitomi, so it's more likely that I could do it for NDK now. This is fine, because I'm quite content to take a two year break from cosplaying Kasumi, haha. It really mostly depends on getting the wig.
...I'd like to put my boyfriend into Ein/Hayate but I'll probably be too busy with our other costumes for that. :thumbsup:

sakurachan61123
07-09-2008, 08:32 PM
sounds good. So we will see you there?

~H~
07-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Sounds like a great group so far! I wish I could join you all again, but I've got some stuff going on and am not sure how much I'll even be at the con this year >_<. Hopefully I'll be good to go again by the time Wasabi rolls around!

Al: LOVE your avatar pic ^_-.

Michi
07-10-2008, 04:41 PM
sakurachan61123 ~ Can't say for sure yet! Ask me again once it's late August or something. XD

Oh man, H-chan, will you be at NDK at all? It'd be great to see you!

Tenkage-chan
07-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Okay, getting myself back into this. To be honest, there's no guarantee I'll make NDK, this year what with my new work schedule, but I'll try! I may bring back white Ayane for a re-visit, but I'd like to make her black ninja from DOA 3.

Oh! Sakura-chan, my Kasumi! Weren't we gonna correspond our outfits?

sakurachan61123
07-13-2008, 01:36 PM
well how can we if you're not gonna make it?! and what outfits were we looking at doing???

~H~
07-13-2008, 01:47 PM
ARGH!!! I can't believe you're going to be there Michi! I have had it in my head to get DOA pics with you ever since I saw your Kasumi >_<.

Unfortunately I've got some family stuff going on at around that time that's going to cause complications. Hopefully I'll be able to drop in and get pics of all the great DOA costumes even if I can't get pics with you ^_^.

Michi
07-13-2008, 06:55 PM
Me attending NDK is pretty surprising to myself as well. XD But if we can at least meet up that'd be really great! :D

Eurobeat King
07-13-2008, 08:02 PM
Sounds like a great group so far! I wish I could join you all again, but I've got some stuff going on and am not sure how much I'll even be at the con this year >_<. Hopefully I'll be good to go again by the time Wasabi rolls around!

Al: LOVE your avatar pic ^_-.

awww.. i hope you can make it to the con in-general, H. Even if you don't join the DOA group, at least you'll be there at your booth, ya? The girls & i will flock around you for a group picture like at AW. ;)

Thanks for liking the avatar pic. I'll change it WHEN you go to NDK this year.. :D

Michi: Maybe you can debut Hitomi at NDK unless you decide to re-wear Kasumi. :) either way, do your best to go!

Tenkage-chan
07-14-2008, 09:17 AM
well how can we if you're not gonna make it?! and what outfits were we looking at doing???

Okay, I'm good to go! I requested the time off, so now I can come! *whew!* As for which outfits, I think we were gonna do the matching ninja outfits, weren't we?

sakurachan61123
07-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Okay, I'm good to go! I requested the time off, so now I can come! *whew!* As for which outfits, I think we were gonna do the matching ninja outfits, weren't we?

oooohhhh snap. send me a picture because I honest to god don't remember wtf it looks like. . . is Kasumi's black? I'll see if I can find it. Is it the one that matches your purple one?

Michi
07-14-2008, 08:37 PM
Michi: Maybe you can debut Hitomi at NDK unless you decide to re-wear Kasumi. :) either way, do your best to go!

If I do DOA at NDK, it's 99.9% going to be Hitomi instead of Kasumi... But I guess it depends on my mood, haha. A Kasumi costume would go a lot quicker.

Eurobeat King
07-15-2008, 03:13 AM
If I do DOA at NDK, it's 99.9% going to be Hitomi instead of Kasumi... But I guess it depends on my mood, haha. A Kasumi costume would go a lot quicker.

and, your costume's already done, right? all you'd need is a wig. ;)
It'd be nice to get pics of you and sakurachan61123 as double-kasumi's. Woo-hoo! Right M. ?

Michi
07-15-2008, 05:21 PM
Kasumi already done? Oh no. I won't wear that blue one again until I put the dang crane art on it, haha. My patience for doing that is pretty thin these days too. XD;

sakurachan61123
07-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Kasumi already done? Oh no. I won't wear that blue one again until I put the dang crane art on it, haha. My patience for doing that is pretty thin these days too. XD;

I know how that one goes. I wanna put crane art on my blue one too, but I think I may do an entire new costume so I can put crane art on it . . . even though that sounds weird.

and how would Kasumi go faster? Hitomi is blue jeans and a tank top. Hell. What size do you wear? I have a tank I made for a Hitomi and she never wore it.

Michi
07-15-2008, 09:10 PM
Kasumi would go faster because I've made a ton of Mai/Kasumi costumes and can just pump one out if I chose to do the basic ninja design. XD; But I think if I made a new Kasumi I'd do something different.
I would likely make or heavily alter a tanktop for Hitomi rather than buying it, because the one I want to do has specific straps and of course that bird design of hers on it. If I did the jacket it'd take a while to get the art on the back accurate, etc.

Tenkage-chan
07-15-2008, 09:35 PM
My recommendation for applying said crane-art: Iron-on decals. I used 'em for the lotus pattern on my Ayane, all you need is Photoshop or a reasonable facsimile, to adjust anf layer the picture as you need... Hold on, I'm getting an idea. I'm about to go on a hunt for Kasumi's cranes, to provide you ladies with an image. In the meantime, I really need to start working on black ninja Ayane...

Okay, I'm failing miserably at finding cranes, but I did find this!

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/doaonline_112503_000.jpg

It's a very small rendition of Kasumi's ninja outfit from DOA Hardcore.

Michi
07-15-2008, 11:38 PM
I actually have the graphic rip from the game for the cranes... I'm just lazy. XD; I made my blue Kasumi two years ago, so at this point I'd almost rather remake it entirely. But that'd make me sad, because I'm super proud of the kanji on the back. :(

I'll share the crane image if I can find it on my computer, because it's seriously buried!

sakurachan61123
07-16-2008, 12:33 PM
ok . . . tenkage . . . which ones are we doing?!?!?

I need to know! This Ninja-ish one or the one you sent me in the PM? Lol. I have to get sewing now! I have so much to do -_____-;;;

Kitsurubami
07-21-2008, 11:01 PM
Sounds fun hopefully you can do this again next year too. I don't think I can finish Ryu ontime but I could get Hayate done before NDK this year if possible. If not I'd still like to get some pics.

Kitsurubami
07-27-2008, 06:34 PM
I have my Hayate I mean Ein they are one and the same, Karate-gi done. All I need is the black belt. I'm going to do the street version too if I can. I'm having trouble coming by a denim vest and I don't want to make it.

Tenkage-chan
07-29-2008, 05:36 PM
My secret Ayane project is nearly done! Muhahahahahahaaa!! I'm surprised I was able to make it so quickly, I'm surprised. All that's really left is to pick up a little extra jewelry, and make the bow and hand-things. Chalk up a new one for me!

sakurachan61123
07-31-2008, 09:30 PM
wtf?! you pulling out surprises without me???

Eurobeat King
08-16-2008, 03:29 AM
turns out i won't be cosplaying DOA with you girls this year, but i will be there to take pictures at your gathering. :) So just keep me posted when that'll take place, and I'll show up to take pics like I did at AWasabi.

Has anyone tried PMing ~H~ if she's going to wear her LeiFang again, or if she can still make it to NDK this year? *crosses fingers*

Michi
08-17-2008, 02:55 AM
Okay, it's getting quite unlikely that I'll be able to do DOA cosplay now... I've been trying to settle back in after coming home from studying abroad and don't quite have the money for new costumes just yet. :[ We'll see how the next few weeks go, though.

Eurobeat King
08-17-2008, 09:12 AM
Okay, it's getting quite unlikely that I'll be able to do DOA cosplay now... I've been trying to settle back in after coming home from studying abroad and don't quite have the money for new costumes just yet. :[ We'll see how the next few weeks go, though.

will you still be able to go to NDK in-general, S.? :) Nice to see you again even after the brief hang-out at AX, and if you cosplay anything, it's always fun to take pics of you.

Michi
08-17-2008, 05:57 PM
Well yeah, I bought my plane ticket ages ago -- I wouldn't be planning for an out of state con less than a month away without that stuff figured out. XD

I'll still be cosplaying and I'll still come by the DOA gathering. I don't think I really want to bring out any old Kasumi costumes though... even though in theory I could, heh. I'm actually gonna be selling the newest blue one, I think!

Eurobeat King
08-17-2008, 07:34 PM
Well yeah, I bought my plane ticket ages ago -- I wouldn't be planning for an out of state con less than a month away without that stuff figured out. XD

I'll still be cosplaying and I'll still come by the DOA gathering. I don't think I really want to bring out any old Kasumi costumes though... even though in theory I could, heh. I'm actually gonna be selling the newest blue one, I think!

Glad that you are going! :)

It's up to you, but it'd be nice to participate in one-last-hurrah for Kasumi, and the other DOA girls would love to have you join them. Right, Tenkage, LadyNeese, Sakurachan,? ;) And the area around the hotel has some nice places for photos. Of course, it's up to you naturally.

edit: I heard from ~H~ and she won't be cosplaying from DOA that weekend. So like at Anime Wasabi, after we're done with pictures, let's go over to the ArtPlayMix booth and take a picture with her, since we all miss her Lei Fang from last year. *sniff*

sakurachan61123
08-19-2008, 11:14 PM
I might be doing a new one I might not. I know I can pull it out in one night but I have two other costumes and my room mates keep losing my stuff. It's making me angry.

I have to finish painting and sewing a few things on Anji, finish detail and some sewing on Jam, then do Bridget which will be hell. SO depending on how those go. MAYBE a new one.

Eurobeat King
08-27-2008, 11:58 PM
Tenkage: Is ohki85 coming to NDK, btw? I've been busy i haven't been able to read the AX 2009 DOA gathering you are planning. It'd be nice to see her again as Kasumi. :)

Gage
08-31-2008, 07:57 PM
I could resurrect my Tina from 05. If anyone remembers, it was a bit rough. I have to come up with a better wig. I will try my best but I have been a bit broke. If not I may just try to re style the pos I wore back then. Anyhow, will see what happens and try to show up either way.

Tenkage-chan
09-01-2008, 08:14 AM
Tenkage: Is ohki85 coming to NDK, btw? I've been busy i haven't been able to read the AX 2009 DOA gathering you are planning. It'd be nice to see her again as Kasumi. :)

I'm afraid she won't be. She's still in the process of finishing her move, and job-hunting, as well. I don't think she's planning on coming back to NDK for a while.

Eurobeat King
09-01-2008, 02:46 PM
I could resurrect my Tina from 05. If anyone remembers, it was a bit rough. I have to come up with a better wig. I will try my best but I have been a bit broke. If not I may just try to re style the pos I wore back then. Anyhow, will see what happens and try to show up either way.

I remember your Tina, and that will be great if you could wear her again to the con this year. :) Please keep us posted!

Tenkage: Awww.. sorry to hear that Ohki won't be able to make it. I was hoping to get more pics of her Kasumi, but there's always next time!

sakurachan61123
09-04-2008, 12:20 AM
so. amazing news~

we actually have a guy coming to the group this year. I'm pretty sure it's a guy we haven't had in our group before. And I don't wanna tell anyone because I'm a meanie~

Tenkage-chan
09-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Meanie indeed! *thbbbbt* Okay, so seriously, are we planning the usual time/place meet-up? 5:00pm on Firday, just outside the Starshmucks?

Michi
09-04-2008, 06:29 PM
Al has been convincing me to bring back out my C1 Kasumi. I'll do it if I find the time before NDK to paint the cranes on. I moved to a new place last weekend that'd actually give me space for such a project, so we'll see. I like the idea because I've yet to wear the ponytail extension I bought for Kasumi and it'd give me more to wear since I didn't have time for any new costumes!

Tenkage-chan
09-05-2008, 08:31 PM
It'll be great to cosplay DOA with you, Michi! I've always thought your cosplay was outstanding in it's detail, so it'll be a real treat to get to cosplay with you!

BTW, I'm gonna bring my Merrow bikini for Ayane, if anyone wants to do DOAX. I'm just sick of not having pictures, heh!

sakurachan61123
09-08-2008, 12:26 AM
yeah . . . totally too fat to do that crap so no XD

sakurachan61123
09-09-2008, 02:38 AM
oh yeah. sorry for the double post but when are we doing our shoot?

Eurobeat King
09-09-2008, 03:13 AM
oh yeah. sorry for the double post but when are we doing our shoot?

yes, please! I want to know too so that i can be there to take pictures of everyone! :)

sakurachan61123
09-09-2008, 02:06 PM
should we do it at like 5 or 6 on friday like normal?

Tenkage-chan
09-09-2008, 04:10 PM
Personally, I'm for 5, because I've got the TB gathering at 7, and Paula's a pain in the @$$ to get into.

Eurobeat King
09-09-2008, 08:02 PM
Would Friday 4:00pm be okay to meet? I would like to get some pics of you all while there's still good lighting available outside. But, I don't know what time the masquerade-check-in starts that evening. It's up to you guys/girls, naturally. :)

Tenkage-chan
09-10-2008, 05:17 PM
4?? But I've got the FFVII gathering at 3... maaaaaybe I could squeeze it?

Eurobeat King
09-10-2008, 07:22 PM
4?? But I've got the FFVII gathering at 3... maaaaaybe I could squeeze it?

haha again, it's up to you girls to decide when to have it. This time i'm just the spectator/photographer. ;) 5:00pm would be fine. :)

Tenkage-chan
09-11-2008, 12:17 PM
Well, I'm leaving for the con, soon, so I won't be able to see the chosen time. I'll just try to get into Ayane by 4, and see you all down by the Starshmucks, then!

Michi
09-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Sorry guys... Something came up and I had to cancel my trip. :[

sakurachan61123
09-11-2008, 06:03 PM

awwwww!!!!! sad day! omg! that saddens me!

I guess we should aim for 4 and just wait for Tenkage? It's not like I have crap to do anyways . . . I'll let the Zach in the group know. Was there anyone else? I get the weird feeling Tenkage and I will be the only people showing up lol.

Eurobeat King
09-11-2008, 07:34 PM

oh, no.. :blubber: I hope everything's okay. Sux that you can't make it but perhaps i'll see you at Yaoi-con in 2 weeks. Take care, S. *hug*