PDA

View Full Version : Who's going and what are you wearing?

Jess-Jess
06-02-2003, 06:52 PM
Hi guys!

I was just wondering on who was planning on attending AFO4! I know I will be going w/ my boyfirend and one of my friends from back home. Also, who are you planning on dressing up as? I'm going to be "short-haired" Sakura-chan, and my boyfriend is going to be Sasuke-kun (both from Naruto) and my friend from back home is going to be Gene Starwind. Pretty swell ^.^ lol. Well, let me know :) I'd like to finally meet you all there since Jacon didn't go so well for me meeting everyone lol. Talk to you all soon!

Jessie >^..^<

Raine
06-02-2003, 08:25 PM
I know I'll be Rinoa at least one of the days. I'm not sure what else I can get done in time - depends on when my dad feels like digging out the sewing machine. *low growl*

Lucifer
06-03-2003, 10:03 AM
Unfortunately I found out I might not be able to attend AFO. I am moving just around that time, and moving comes before conventions. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to go. If so, Akito will be brought, maybe with doujin Cloud as well (since I have just about everything for that).

We can only hope.

Jess-Jess
06-03-2003, 04:13 PM
Awww, I hope you can go Lucifer! ^.^ I know moving is a pain in the ass though, I just moved two months ago into my new place....Well, I hope everything works out for you!

Jessie >^..^<

Arisa
06-03-2003, 10:36 PM
I'll most likely be there with my boyfriend ^_^ I know I'll have Popstar Yuna and Gunner Yuna (unless I put off Gunner Yuna for some reason...)

scandia
06-04-2003, 10:55 AM
Hopefully this will be my schedule:

Friday- Hikaru Shidou School Uniform from MKR
Saturday- Bride Emeraude, then Anime Eternal Emeraude from MKR as well
Sunday- Kotori Monou from X

If I cannot attend on Friday, I will be Hikaru on Sunday instead.

Ameria
06-04-2003, 10:57 AM
I should be going! I'm bringing Luffy from One Piece, then I'm joining a HomestarRunner.com group as Stinkoman, and hopefully I'll have my Shuichi from Gravi Manga #6 cover done by then. See you guys there!

Jess-Jess
06-04-2003, 11:01 AM
Homestar Runner?!?! Awesome! LOL who is going to be strongbad? That's going to be hilarious. I can't wait to see it, and I'm going to have to take a lot of pictures of you guys :)

Ihrie
06-04-2003, 11:13 AM
Oh wow!!! I love Homestarrunner.com

Definate photo op.

My cosplay plans for AFO will probably get changed just like I managed to change my cosplay plans for Jacon and Megacon two weeks before each con. o.O

Hopefully it won't though. I have planned a Lagune FFVB swimsuit, Yuki Sohma from Fruits Basket, I'm going to dig out my Zidane costume and try to finish that for the FF gorup, but if not I'll already have a Seymour Guado by then, and also my KH Tidus for the KH group. Yeah....sooo....lotsa changin' ^_^

Jess-Jess
06-04-2003, 11:54 AM
Man! You are going to be busy! lol. I'm not too sure yet on my costumes either, so don't worry, plans always get changed...Well, talk to you all soon!

Jessie >^..^<

Raine
06-04-2003, 02:14 PM
Oh yeah, I gotta get my FFXBV Raine done... gah...

I'll also be working to have Dark Gunner Yuna and Kairi done by then. I doubt both'll get done, but.. I enjoy procrastination far too much ^-^"

Misa-chan
06-07-2003, 10:51 AM
I'm part of a Panyo Panyo group, so I'll be bringing Mike. ^^ & I'll also maybe bring The Card Girl from Miyuki-chan, or Kagome. Or Mew Minto, if I finish it in time. (which is highly unlikely...:()

Jess-Jess
06-12-2003, 09:03 PM
I'm also going to be Merle from Escaflowne the movie now! lol. That'll be a lot of fun :) Cat girls in short dresses have all the fun, teehee ^.^ I'll probably be Rakka from Haibane Renmei, and Selphie if we are doing that Final Fantasy group also. Can't wait, it's gonna be a blast :)

Misa-chan
06-14-2003, 02:43 PM
Chango of plans! I won't bring Kagome, since I made her winter outfit, and if it was THAT hot in Orlando in October with no sleeves, I can't see myself wearing long sleeves in August. >_< But the skirt wasn't ready anyway, and I don't have a wig. I cancelled Mew Minto, so my Card Girl wig is now half blue & half black. o.O Oh well, it may not be so bad, unless the residue stuff from the blue spray sticks the fabric on the hat....

Raine
06-15-2003, 02:05 PM
Misa-chan, not wearing long sleeves in August is quite possibly the smartest thing you could ever do XD

mitylene
06-15-2003, 05:00 PM
Hey Ihrie :)
What other fruits basket people do you have in your group? We might have a Tohru, Hatori, and Momiji for AFO or MetroCon (and maybeee a Hana).

Jess-Jess
06-28-2003, 09:27 PM
Hey, has anyone tried to book a room at the hotel online yet? I always book my hotles online, but have never stayed at the actual hotel that a con is at....I was just wodering if anyone figured out how to get6 the discounted rate and also a standard room. Whenever I check for availability it comes up that there are only deluxe rooms or higher. Thanks, if anyone can help ^-^

Ameria
06-29-2003, 02:45 PM
I think you have to use the phone number on the main page and just go through the process that way. I did that a couple days ago. You just press the number for groups/convention rates and then you ask for a room for Anime Festival Orlando. Don't worry, the people are really nice. ^_^

Jess-Jess
06-29-2003, 03:56 PM
Okay, thanks Ameria-chan! I will try that sometime this week then. ^-^

Ashika
07-05-2003, 01:32 PM
Ooo! I'm going! :D I'm probably going to be in my Mana ( Kyomu ) costume. Just look for a girl with incredibly long blue braids and really high boots! xD Hopefully I'll finish my costume by then, but if not, just look for a girl wearing a pink and black Hello Kitty shirt.

Ihrie
07-05-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by mitylene
Hey Ihrie :)
What other fruits basket people do you have in your group? We might have a Tohru, Hatori, and Momiji for AFO or MetroCon (and maybeee a Hana).

Well, right now most of us are unsure of what is going on with our AFO schedules. As in, we aren't sure if we're even going ^_^;;

But, if it works our for the best, we'll have a Yuki, Akito, Kyo, and Kagura.

Ali
07-06-2003, 11:48 PM
I'll be there, hopefully with my two friends. I hope that I'll be able to borrow my...er.. 'friend's' Folken costume, cuz I'll have me a Naria and Eriya to hang on me. ^_^
Then I think we had hoped to do Tokyo Mew Mew cosplay (Lettuce, Ichigo, and Zakuro) but that'll probably end up not happening. (We can't find fabric to use! arg.)
Hmm... Then I'm pretty sure we'll have Cham from Perfect Blue. Here's hoping.

katrinastrife
07-07-2003, 11:07 AM
Yay! I have a bunch of friends going with me to AFO4! I'm hoping to have this done:

Friday: (Hopefully!!!) Tohru Honda (Furuba) or Hiyono Yuizaki (Spiral); my friends will be going as Fuu Houjii, Ranma (Girl and boy type)

Saturday: Evangelion group w/friends (and younger brother!) for the cosplay contest: Rei, Asuka, PenPen Girl, Misato, and Shinji

Sunday: Black Chii (Black and red dress, with emblem on the front); my friends will be going as Red Moon Kaolla(Love Hina), Riho (NightWalker), and maybe Sue (Grandia)

I hope to see everyone there! And, be sure to watch/enter the cosplay contest on Saturday! ^_^

Jess-Jess
07-07-2003, 02:42 PM
Yay! Another Kaolla! I'm going to be the regular school girl version. (With Tama in hand, of course ^-^) I'll need to get pics taken w/ you guys! There's not enough Love Hina cosplayers out there ^-^ lol...Wow- you guys all have a lot planned out! I don't really know which costumes I'm wearing on what day...All I know is that I'm bringing all my costumes w/ me! (So that means probably a lot of changes throughout the day -.- lol- I know for a good part of the weekend I'll be Sakura-chan from Naruto (bad-ass short haired version ^-^), but I'm also bringing along Kaolla Su, my Kero dress, Merle movie version, regular Yuna from FFX and probably Gunner Yuna from X-2, possibly Selphie, and whatever I can come up with before then, lol! Knowing me I probably won't even wind up wearing a third of those costumes...(I get super lazy since it takes so long to get each one ready...) Ah, well. Hope to see you all there!

Jessie >^..^<

Asiansain
07-07-2003, 06:16 PM
Hey Lookie! people who are going to AFO 4!!! yay...heh, excuse my behavior...kind of bored and can't watch Toonami due to my evil aunt watching a movie in the VCR.....>.< oh well...

I'm pretty much a newbie at cosplaying, on Saturday i'll be in a Sanosuke Sagara costume from Rurouni Kenshin...i wanted to start out kind of easy....if i don't get the costume finished on time then i don't know what i'll be wearing...meh
Too bad the costume contest is on that Sunday...i won't be able to go...if you want to look for me on Saturday look for a short asian girl with huge spiky hair and a big zanbatou.

I won't be in costume on Friday, eh, i hope you people are willing to tolerate a newbie like me...-_-...later then.

Jess-Jess
07-08-2003, 04:40 PM
Lol- Don't worry about it Asiansain! The "not having a costume quite ready" thing has happened to me quite a few times! Metrocon will be the first REAL time that I'm confidantly cosplaying my costumes ^-^ And AFO I'll be even more ready! (I hope -.-) lol...Anyways, welcome to the boards and to cosplaying!!!! Hope to meet you at AFO!

Jessie >^..^<

Asiansain
07-08-2003, 05:48 PM
Yay, thanks for being so nice to me! <(^_^<) it's kirby...lol
I'm glad i'm not the only one with the same costume situtation. Hope it doesn't get too hot on that weekend...

.Diana.
07-09-2003, 11:11 AM
Hee, it's great to see so many people going. This is my first con, but thankfully I'm going with some friends who have been there before. One of my friends is going as a random cat girl, another is going as a random cat boy, and the other is going as a maid persacom (though not as scantily clad as Megumi's, lol) equipped with a "Give Money for Panties" sign, lol.

Since I didn't have a lot of time to make costumes, I'm going as Mireille from Noir (So if there are any Kirika girls out there, hope to see you), and the Battle Royale Video Girl.

~Diana

Neko_Kaolla
07-09-2003, 07:24 PM
I am going and going all three days! This is my schedule:
Friday: Fuu from MKR (and maybe get pictures with Scandia! We met through Cosplaylab.com.)
Saturday: Pen^2 from Evangalion (cosplay contest-fwahahaha)
Sunday: Red Moon Kaolla Suu from Love Hina (costume contest.)

I also plan on taking lots of pictures!

Jess-Jess
07-09-2003, 07:34 PM
Neko_Kaolla!!! You must get piccies w/ me! I'm going to be school-girl Kaolla on Saturday, i think. Either that or on Sunday. ^-^ Yay-I love sie Love Hina cosplayers ^-^ Look in my gallery for my ramshackle pics of the Tama-chan I made for my costume. It looks pretty decent in person, lol...Ah, well, see you all there!

Jessie >^..^<

Neko_Kaolla
07-11-2003, 09:38 AM
Then how will I know you, Jess-Jess? That would be awesome if we could get piccies together. I am going to line up for the costume contest at 9am-ish Sunday (although sign-up starts at 10:30...). Maybe at the sign up booth anytime after that and before 11-ish?

Jess-Jess
07-11-2003, 11:46 AM
Alrighty-that sounds good! If you look in my gallery you'll see what I look like, and I don't think there will be many other Su's. Also, if you look up Vox on the boards, that's my BF and I'll be w/ him, and a really tall guy, lol. I'll dress up as Su then on Sunday morning too and later on change into Merle ^-^ That works for me! Can't wait to see you there :)

Eyeless Puppet
07-11-2003, 04:39 PM
I'm going! yay! I don't know what I am being which days, but i know that I am being tifa lockhart one day, and maybe, hopefully, Lettuce from Tokyo MewMew..and I dont know a third one. yep thats what i have planned ^__^ yay afo!

Jess-Jess
07-11-2003, 05:07 PM
I just booked my room today at the hotel. ^-^ It's going to be my first time staying in the actual hotel that the con is in, lol. Since I'm going w/ 2 others, we could finally afford it, yay! Can't wait..... *gleeeeeem*

Omi
07-11-2003, 07:41 PM
Hey Im going as Omi from Weiss Kreuz with a whole buncha friends!WE NEED AN AYA IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED!^.^

Susumari
07-11-2003, 07:58 PM
hey omi! yea..i'm going as yoji!! AYA???? where could u be????

Lucifer
07-12-2003, 02:02 PM
Current plans for AFO:

Setsuna vol. 19 from Angel Sanctuary
Muraki w/coat from Yami no Matsuei

I'll be working most of the time, hense the easier outfits.

Neko_Kaolla
07-15-2003, 11:56 AM
18 MORE DAYS AND COUNTING! I AM SOO EXCITED!! Mainly because I want everyone to see my Pen^2 costume-I am so proud of myself! All my friends think it's cute!

Jess-Jess
07-15-2003, 04:41 PM
It's sooo crazy how fast this summer is going! I don't beleive Metro is this weekend! Are you going to be there Neko_Kaolla? I'm going to that as Suu too, so I'll hopefully have the pics up soon after XD Can't wait!!!! Ugh...and I still have so much to do to my costumes...*cries* lol

Neko_Kaolla
07-16-2003, 11:13 AM
Sorry, I can't... Too Busy. Besides, my boy friend comes home this weekend... See you at AFO!

.Diana.
07-16-2003, 12:15 PM
Well, this is a shout out to all of the Card Captor Sakura cosplayers. I'm going as Li now for Saturday. Although I'm probably going to be the first female Li, the costume was just too cute, lol.

~Diana

Jess-Jess
07-16-2003, 01:19 PM
LOL- I'm going to probably have a Kero-Dress for AFO ^-^ I just need to find a really nice white petticoat at a reasonable price -.- Ah, well...But if I do wear it to AFO (which I'm sure I will) We'll have to get pics. that day!

Jessie >^..^<

Neko_Kaolla
07-23-2003, 09:26 AM
Everyone beware! The Paparazzi Neko will be taking your picture if she sees you!!! Fwahahahahahaha! :wave: *Hello! This is the Paparazzi Neko! Please pose for a picture!* Then (when I get the chance) I will post them in my gallery!

Jess-Jess
07-23-2003, 02:36 PM
I'm all for it! lol-I will cooperate w/ the paparazzi XD

Neko_Kaolla
07-23-2003, 03:26 PM
*runs around with a digital camera any screaming "I AM OUT OF ROOM ALREADY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?"*

Omi
07-23-2003, 04:17 PM
I'll pose for your cam Neko!I love Pictures!I love the camera not the Camera loves me!^.^;;

Hellion
07-23-2003, 04:22 PM
(Sorry, I'm a newbie)

At AFO will there be any type of gaming besides video games?

Is the cosplay contest on Saturday afternoon or evening?

Thanks.

Asiansain
07-24-2003, 02:22 PM
I'm also a newbie but to answer that question hm...i think you can check out the con site...www.afo-con.org
It's getting awfly close to the con....and i've in a gap with my Sanosuke costume...arg...

yuffieleonheart
07-24-2003, 03:51 PM
o_o;; ok... i am not sure what costume will be going were but i think i'll be wearing summoner yuna sunday * if my friend does seymour ;o;* for the costume contest. er... i'll probably wear yuffie for like saturday? maybe that or kasumi then i'll wear gunner yuna at some point maybe friday ~.~ i need to sort myself lol

makio
07-24-2003, 04:01 PM
I'm bringing Yun (CvS2)... and since I've been putting this off since JACON; I'm also bringing Sieg Wahrheit(Chaos Legion). I'm not sure if I'll go all three days due to the whole situation with my vehicle; but we'll see. I'd like to *attempt* to get a photosession in(again)since I missed the last one due to traffic getting back to the Metrocon hotel.

Jess-Jess
07-24-2003, 05:20 PM
Ah- is that what happened? lol. I didn't really see anyone but Arisa at the "photoshoot" ^-^ I was wondering where everyone was! Yeah, we should definitally reschedule one for AFO. Especially since the hotel is georgous! There would be plenty of places to take photos ^-^

Omi
07-24-2003, 05:34 PM
I know I saw it!I already saw a spot!lol

Neko_Kaolla
07-24-2003, 06:22 PM
I will take everyone's picture like it or not! That is, if I see you... Is anyone else doing "Whose line is it Anime?" I am! I LOVE improve! (Go drama troupe 4376!)

.Diana.
07-24-2003, 11:23 PM
Neko_Kaolla: I probably shall do it as well, lol. Yay for Drama Geeks (Go Drama Troupe 6180!). I'll be the one in the Onee-san from Battle Royale (see Jess Jess's avatar). I'll keep an eye out for you.

yuffieleonheart
07-24-2003, 11:30 PM
;o;... ken you might not be there all 3 days ;o;.. man.. all my close cosplay buddies are like not going to afo O_O; oi

Jess-Jess
07-25-2003, 12:40 AM
Oh that's awesome ExAstra! Another Onee-san!!! I'm in the process of making her costume and will probably wear it for Halloween this year since I definitally won't have it for anymore cons this summer -.-. But I am DEFINITALLY wearing for next summers cons! I'll have to take lots o' picks of you at AFO! There's not enought BR cosplyers, especially the un-school children (does that make sense? lol) Anyways, can't wait to see you all!

Jessie >^..^<

Susumari
07-25-2003, 12:57 AM
ya kno i can't believe i've only posted once on this <i read all the pages> how left out i felt. ::stands next to omi:: hmm let's see yoji is still down....I DON'T KNOW WHO ELSE TO BE! ahhhh. : pout: it's all good...hopefully.

yuffieleonheart
07-25-2003, 02:15 AM
jessie :D!! since we have a huge br costume for ota i'll have a br costume soon ^_^ piccies next year is a must ne?

Jess-Jess
07-25-2003, 03:20 AM
Definitally Yuffie! Man- I reallllly wanted to get my costume done in time for AFO, but it's not even 1/2 done -.- and I busied myself w/ too many damn costumes all at once to even attempt to get it done. Ugh...Ah well! I just love BR! (Does that make me weird? lol) And keep the BR cosplay a' commin'!

Jessie >^..^<

psythe
07-25-2003, 08:52 AM
Why OH WHY!! is it the weekend right after Otakon!! .....I am going to feel like a train wreck ;_______;

I will be Reno on Saturday for sure, dunno about anything else at this point X_X

Lucifer
07-25-2003, 09:19 AM
After Metrocon's, well, elaborate (i.e. painful) costumes I'm really taking it easy this time. Gackt (papa..rapp..whatever it's called), other costume, Rosiel.

Yeah, I'm being a big dork again and not saying my Sat outfit. That's because you'll laugh much much much more if you didn't know ahead of time. ^____^

Jess-Jess
07-25-2003, 02:22 PM
I don't beleive I still have so much more to finnish! There are tons of little tweaks that I need to do to Merle's dress, I need to complete Sakura's ensable, make her forehead protector, find a petticoat for my Kero dress (I doubt I'll get that in time -.-), etc. etc. etc. Ugh....Stress!!!!! And yet, I can't wait for AFO to come, lol ^-^

yuffieleonheart
07-25-2003, 03:44 PM
i feel you pain psythe... ;o;... so many cons, i'll see you at otakon too ^_^ *____________* how can you afford to go to AX and otakon XDD lucky boy

psythe
07-25-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by yuffieleonheart
how can you afford to go to AX and otakon XDD lucky boy

Being stuck at my current location m-f, 7-5 allows me to do so XD!!!

Neko_Kaolla
07-25-2003, 04:15 PM
It is coming so close and I still have to make my Kaolla pants! Oh! the stress of it all!!

Omi
07-25-2003, 04:51 PM
I still have to do a lot to..well not that much..But I'm a last Minute Person^__^;;

yuffieleonheart
07-25-2003, 05:03 PM
"Being stuck at my current location m-f, 7-5 allows me to do so XD!!!"

XDD lucky lucky i say :D ^_^ o.o; my friend is gonna be aeris i must get pics of you both!! ^.^

Neko_Kaolla
07-26-2003, 04:12 PM
I don't think anyone can be excited than I am! My costumes ROCK! :rockon: Check them out- I finally made a gallery! :thumbsup:

Neko_Kaolla
07-26-2003, 06:41 PM
Good news! We started the pants! Yea! :skidude2:

Jess-Jess
07-26-2003, 06:43 PM
Cool beans, Neko_Kaolla! You are gonna look so cute as Red Moon Kaolla! What day are you wearing that again? I have to figure out when I'm wearing my Su costume anyways. We'll have to take lots o' piccies ^-^ I think you said something before about meeting before some sign in thingie, but I'm scatter brained and got a lot on my mind now, so I forget -.- lol. Ah, well...

Neko_Kaolla
07-26-2003, 07:16 PM
Yeah, I would like to meet at the costume contest signup and I will be her on Sunday. I can't wait to see you there! You said you will there all three days, right? Maybe we can meet all three days!

Oneko
07-26-2003, 07:17 PM
I'm going, though I'm not quite sure what day I'll be going 0o;...I'm hopefully dressing as Ed (Cowboy Bebop)..Sweet and simple costume, yep! ^^...I'm having trouble finding goggles since I just started on the costume today ><... Ah well....Hm...I'm not sure if I should go bearfoot or wear sandles (I'm not entirely sure of what the hotels dresscode is 0o...Plus it seems like it might be a bit painful to have my foot stepped on ><)... Meh...I'll be talking in third person the entire time ^^ fun!...Btw, did anyone happen to go to Metrocon? 'Twas fun ^^

Jess-Jess
07-26-2003, 07:59 PM
Yes-Yes I was at Metrocon! And in fact, since I was Kaolla Su all weekend, I was barefoot all weekend, and no one gave me trouble! No one even stepped on my feet! I was greatly (and happy for it) surprised ^-^ I don't think there would be a problem, since a lot of hotel people were around me and never said anything. I know it differs from hotel to hotel, but you should be fine! (I had fun being barefoot ^-^) Who were you at Metro Oneko? And yes, Neko_Kaolla, I will be there all 3 days and staying at that hotel ^-^ Well, see ya at AFO!

Jessie >^..^<

Susumari
07-26-2003, 08:03 PM
someone that walks barefoot like me! everywhere. i admitt that when i went to islands of adventure i went througout the whole park barefoot ^_^ i think they shouldn't care how u dress really when u r at the hotel. <<still working on afo costumes>>

Oneko
07-26-2003, 09:30 PM
I was only at Metrocon on Sunday I was doing a cosplay of Risky and Safety...and No, we weren't the one's in the costume contest...0o we were the ones walking around randomly...woo! My feet can be free!! *cheers*^^...Instead of bringing an Ein plushy (For lack of one 0o) I'm gonna bring the remote controll thing that Ed has in the first eppisode and run around the place making airplane noises ^^.... If anyone happens to have a giant dog costume that would rawk ^^...lol

Jess-Jess
07-26-2003, 10:19 PM
lol- that's going to be hilarious Oneko! I love Ed! ^-^ Well, I remember the two Risky Safety cosplayers in the contest, and I think I remember two walking around, but they might have been the same people o.o I'm pretty blind w/o my glasses, teehee. I'm fight now in the process of finnishing my Sakura head protector, but it's going to be green like in the manga, and also I'm gonna have the Kanji written on my arm like her too. Me and Vox decided to go for the "Naruto Manga look" rather than the "anime look". So we'll be more bad-ass, lol ^-^ (yeah right...lol) Anyways, I'll be realllly pressed for time, but I should still get everything done! Yayyyy!

Oneko
07-26-2003, 10:22 PM
Lol....Did you see the AMV contest? XD the best Comedy ruled!!! XD It was Bad-Ass!!! lol...You two should learn the Ninja of the Night song XD it was so funneh...lol...I still laugh just thinking about...I'm forcing my slave *cough*iownhim*cough* >> << >>...To Download me that song XD

.Diana.
07-26-2003, 10:57 PM
Jess-Jess: Ah! Great! I could tell you liked BR from your avatar and judging from your costumes, your Onee-san costume is going to rock. So far, my onee-san costume looks pretty good and everything looks accurate. The only hard part of making the costume was finding the hat. Not only does it have to be military style (which can be pricy), but it would look much nicer if it matched your shorts. *sigh* Finally, I managed to accomplish that and it only cost me about 12 dollars.

Anyway, my friends that went to Metrocon told me about your Su costume (and how they wanted to steal your adorable turtle, lol), so now I know what you look like. I'll be on the watch for you, lol. Their digital camera battery died and they are demanding pictures of you (although the pic with schoolgirl and Red Moon Su sounds interesting). Can't wait to see you there!

~Diana

Jess-Jess
07-26-2003, 11:26 PM
lol- yes we were at the AMV cotest! We downloaded that video off the internet like 3 or 4 months ago! I was in shock when it came on the "big screen" XD I always thought that was the best :) Actually, the Di Gi Charat video that was shown in the contest was my boyfirend's ^-^ I was so happy to see it! And he thanked me at the end of it, and I didn't even know, lol. I thought it was really good, i dunno about you guys :)

Thanks ExAstra! I hope I'll be an okay Onee-san. Actually, you won't beleive where I found me hat. At goodwill for $1.99!!!! I was sooo lucky! I though (like you) I'd have to shell out about $15 for one, but I guess it was my lucky day!

I remember the people that wanted Tama-chan!!! XD lol. It was so funny, I kept running into the one girl that really wanted it like 4 or 5 times throughout the weekend. :) It was so funny. I'm glad people really liked Tama that much! I am planning on sometime soon making a mecha-tama too.

You can surely demand piccies from me! I don't mind :) I like all the pics. and taking them too! It kinda seems like my camera is breaking (i really don't know what's wrong w/ it XD) so I will probably buy some disposable cameras. I can't wait to get my digital camera! Talk to you all soon!

Jessie >^..^<

Neko_Kaolla
07-27-2003, 10:11 AM
Oneko- go to Target or someplace. Best place for goggles!

THE PANTS ARE DONE!!!!!! Well, the main part. I still have to put the details on and my mom has to make some liner (the fabric is really thin...).

Susumari
07-27-2003, 10:23 AM
let's see when for my 2nd costume i kno what's happening. i'm going to dress in this black cape thing something. i really don't know how to say it because it's an original. then i'm going to decorate my under brella. lets see i'd say this costume is like for a random jroker. i'm doing it with my best friend too. we'll have the white face paleness. my friend is soo pscyed. this is his first con...and well he doesn't know really anything about anime...but i don't think it would be hard to show him lots of anime and get into it.

katrinastrife
07-27-2003, 10:54 AM
I don't remember if I posted on this thred, but I'm gonna post again anyway, as an update ^_^;;

CHII IS DONE!!! ^__________^ I'll have a pic up in my gallery soon--I have the incomplete version there now. Rei is almost done... My grandma insisted on making the shirt for me, but I was going to buy it anyway... oh well.

I don't think I'm going to have the time for a third costume =( So, it's probably going to be my seifuku, or maybe Hikaru again.... ;___;

Oh well... PLENTY of plans for MegaCon '04... *cackles*

PAiNe104
07-27-2003, 10:59 AM
I'll be thereXD and ill be dressed up as paine from ff10-2! It only took me a week to do the costuem and it was worth it

katrinastrife
07-27-2003, 11:01 AM
Yay! I hope to see you there! Paine rocks!

PAiNe104
07-27-2003, 11:09 AM
how do i put pictures up?

PAiNe104
07-27-2003, 11:13 AM
I attended the anime convention lastnite in miami fl and it was great! I won most creative cosplay singing Simple and Clean from Kingdom hearts(o: it was fun I think.

Oneko
07-27-2003, 12:36 PM
Sorry Jess-Jess, my friend and I have extremely short attention spans so we came in and out of the AMV contest randomly so we didn't get to see the Di Gi Charat one, Sorreh ^^;....Do you know if you could still download that Naruto video? And if you can, from where? Thanks a million Neko_Kaolla!!! In fact I believe I'm going to target later today *cheers* Goggles are fun! ^^ Unfortunately I still have not a clue as to what day I'm going -.-...I hope there aren't alot of Ed's >< I dun like too many people dressing up the same >< It annoys me...*shrugs* Oh well...at least it'll be entertaining ^^;...Woo! On to my next costume goal! Princess Mononoke! *cheers*

Jess-Jess
07-27-2003, 01:35 PM
Oneko, I think we downloaded it from Kazaa. If not, I'm sure that you can find it on http://www.animemusicvideos.org/home/home.php. I think you might have to sign up to see them, but I'm not really sure -.-; My bf is on there all the time since he makes them, so he knows, but I'm a lazy bum and never made one, so I know nothing, lol XD.

That's okay if you didn't see the Di Gi Charat one, I was just mentioning it ^-^ You can find that one on that AMV website too if you want. (It'll say the song is "Universal Dance" from Vib Ribbon.)

Anyways, talk to you all soon!

Jessie >^..^<

yuffieleonheart
07-27-2003, 02:34 PM
*o*!! PAiNe104 i must take pics with you *.* :D ^_____^ :: is being gunner yuna :: :D

ms5kity
07-28-2003, 04:06 AM
hi there!

I'm a newbie......but I'll be there! I'm so very very very very excited, can I say very again? VERY EXCITED!! This will be my first attempt at cosplaying...so don't laugh to hard ok?? hehe well awesome, you guys are all pros...I envy. ^_^

Neko_Kaolla
07-28-2003, 10:26 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by katrinastrife
[B]CHII IS DONE!!! ^__________^ QUOTE]

WITNESS! I SAW IT! FWAHAHAHA! IT IS AWESOME! And flowy! :thumbsup: "It's sooo...pretty..." -Dory- Disney/Pixar's Finding Nemo

mitylene
07-28-2003, 12:01 PM
hey ms5kity I am a newbie too. AFO will be the third time I've ever cosplayed. Cosplaying is a lot of fun. Can't wait to see you there what are you going to be dressed as?

mitylene
07-28-2003, 12:03 PM
Hey Paine104 maybe you can try going to user cp and then add/edit costumes. I don't really know I am new here too. ;)

Oneko
07-28-2003, 12:25 PM
Lol, ms5kity, I dun think I would be considered a pro....I just have a whole bunch of time on my hands -.-;;;...^^; Anyways, who are you dressing as? I've been trying to blackmail my friends into being Ein but they're being stubborn about it ><....So far we have an Ed and a Spike ^^ any volunteers for an Ein? I found out which day I'm going! I'll be there on Friday *cheers*

Omi
07-28-2003, 01:05 PM
I'll be going as Omi from Weiss Kreuz on saturday and I THINK Hyatt from Excel Saga on sunday.If not Hyatt then Pop star Yuna....Ithink....I BETTER MAKE UP MY MIND..Im going to Joanne Fabrics Today!

Neko_Kaolla
07-28-2003, 02:59 PM
For all you newbies trying to post pictures: There is a tutorial about it. I think it is on the homepage...

ms5kity
07-28-2003, 06:39 PM
Well I don't want to say what I'm going to come as...since I am still working on it, and in case something goes horribly wrong...

hehe anyway....I'm excited! it's coming up fast! weee! must sew faster! ack!

Asiansain
07-28-2003, 06:40 PM
Sad to say this but i'm not going to finish my Sanosuke costume. If I can get just the jacket finished then i'm gonna be wearing normal clothes and the Sanosuke jacket. no headband, no spiky hair, etc. etc.
Oh well, i don't think I should wear a costume at the first convention I go to anyway...I hope I can get the costume finished in time for Halloween at least...that would be awesome...maybe I can re-do the Zanbatou....*light bulb appears above head*

Susumari
07-28-2003, 07:09 PM
for my jroker look. i am going to have a short skirt with petty coat and black panty hose! lol. white face, hmm...mayb an umbrella. high heels.

Neko_Kaolla
07-28-2003, 09:35 PM
I finished the Kaolla pants! All I really have to do is add a liner to them and they are ready to wear. Otherwise you will be able to see more than I want you to... But I put it on for my mom (who doesn't care if she sees my underwear) and she said it was flawless! This is so cool!

Jess-Jess
07-28-2003, 10:13 PM
Awesome!!! I want to see the whole costume Neko_Kaolla!! XD It's gonna be so cool. I'm planning on making that outfit soon too, so it would be really cool to see another one in person. Ah...can't wait for AFO! So jazzed XD

Jessie >^..^<

Neko_Kaolla
07-29-2003, 10:57 AM
I am glad you are excited, Jessie-Chan! I am really proud on how it came out. But the good thing is this- I was tired of my hair (it was getting long, as you can see in my avatar) so I told my mom to chop it off. It is now at my shoulders. Now it'll be easier to see the costume! That also makes it easier for my Fuu costume too...

Jess-Jess
07-29-2003, 01:45 PM
Yesh! I cut my hair for my Kaolla Su costume too! And I dyed it blonde ~.~ lol. It didn't turn out as light as I would have liked it to be for her costume, but it's good enough. I didn't really want my hair to be blonde anyways, so I guess it's better this way! ^-^ After AFO I will dye it black for my Onee-san costume :) Can't wait!

Jessie >^..^<

Neko_Kaolla
07-29-2003, 02:13 PM
THREE MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YATTA!!!!!!!!!!!

Susumari
07-29-2003, 03:19 PM
I am soooo happy it's soon...and just yesturday I was hyped cause the metocon pics got up

HAPPY! ^_______^

Asiansain
07-29-2003, 03:20 PM
Oh yeah...and if you see me with my Sanosuke jacket on...if you want to talk then explain how i know you or i'll just be confused...heh
Otherwise, er...let the glomping begin! yay
I'm not gonna be able to sleep Thursday night...hahaa

Susumari
07-29-2003, 03:23 PM
Oh i know i wouldn't be able to sleep either...wait I still can't now. Thursday nite me and my friend are going to discuss and do lots of touch ups on the costumes all nite...at the con we are pulling all niters...so we won't have 3 nites of sleep including thur.

Neko_Kaolla
07-29-2003, 07:39 PM
That is crazy! You need to sleep a little in order to last through the con!

Oneko
07-29-2003, 08:20 PM
^^ Yay! Con-ness! *cheers* My costume is pretty much done except for the goggles, which I'm probably getting tonight, so Yay! ^^ I black-mailed someone into being Ein! *cheers* ^^ It won't be a very good Ein, in fact it will probably be pretty bad... ^^;; But Ein is Ein ^.^... We have a Spikeh an Ed (Moi) and an Ein ^^ They won't be especially good cosplay since we all just scrapped 'em up in about 2 weeks but I dun care ^^ *Huggles her Ed costume* Hope to see some of you at the Con! (Unfortunately, will only be there on Friday)

Neko_Kaolla
07-29-2003, 09:51 PM
I have to see that, Oneko! Good luck in the goggle search!

Oneko
07-29-2003, 09:54 PM
Thankies! ^^....*Goes to hunt down her sisters so she can make them go ask the neighbors for goggles* ^^;;...I'm not very social with the neighbors....>> << >>.....I hate them all ><

ms5kity
07-30-2003, 01:08 AM
Wow, I can't wait to see all your costumes! This is going to be so cool! me first con! weeeeeeee! and so very soon! must buy more film! my costume won't be finished :: cries :: oh well. We shall see. I can do it! i think I can I think I can I think I can! hehe sorry, it's late- lack of sleep and no sugar makes heather go crazy....

Susumari- no sleep?! haha I don't blame you I'll be finishing my costume up, so no sleep for me either. Get just enough to be awake to remember what happens at the con!!

Well I only made one costume (if I finish it) is it weird to wear it all three days? probably. haha oh well

Susumari
07-30-2003, 01:17 AM
oh your first con!!!! you're def. going to remember this one. oh i know...well i write this now like around 1am....so 2days! ahhhh! i still have to make my yoji....but i'll have it. man...all the days i'd say i'd start i haven't. urrrrgh!! noo..have to get it done. well don't worry about the pics...cause maboroshi [ www.risingsun.net ] gets pics of everyone dressed up!

i usually don't get hyper with sugar...just usually the air around me. but i do like the smell of gas [shrug]

yea...but when i won't sleep it will seem like i'm there longer...or shorter...i guess we'll see the first nite. just for that i'm going to buy lots of pocky to keep me and my friend up. and plus u got the tv channel in the room with all anime...hopefully they have that. they did last yr.

yea...today i finished one of my costumes...easy to put together. tomoro i have to go to a costume shop for the white face paste.

Jess-Jess
07-30-2003, 02:14 AM
It's not weird to wear the same costume all weekend ms5kity! I didn't quite have my Merle costume done for Sunday, (at Metrocon) so I just wore my Su costume a second day! And I had just as much fun if not more than Saturday ^-^ So don't worry about it!

I really don't know which costumes I'm wearing what days. I plan on brining all my costumes w/ me, so I may just change a lot, lol. I'm pretty sure now that our Naruto costumes will be worn on Sunday, but I'm not sure yet... ~.~

Asiansain
07-30-2003, 01:20 PM
This is also my first con. eh....I hope it's a good experience for me. Watch out for me wearing my Sanosuke jacket (dunno to wear on Friday, Saturday, or both..) I hope I can get good pics...whee.

Neko_Kaolla
07-30-2003, 04:09 PM
KAOLLA IS 100% DONE! I will post pics after con!

Asiansain
07-31-2003, 12:04 AM
Hey Neko...i forgot what costume you said you were going to wear...heh.

yuffieleonheart
07-31-2003, 01:19 AM
o.x i think i know what i am wearing ...

friday : kasumi w00t actually wearing it ALL day
saturday : gunner yuna / cat girl outfit
sunday : summoner yuna

Susumari
07-31-2003, 01:28 AM
hey yuffs...u got it already planned out..even the days...well i do too. hmm well i do too. my original "susumari" costume friday and sunday. then saturday for the cosplay my wk yoji ^___^

Neko_Kaolla
07-31-2003, 08:41 AM
I think one costume a day is fine for me...

Susumari
07-31-2003, 04:27 PM
yea. that's just crazy about the more then one a day. but what if like the ppl that saw u with the earlier costume u had wanted to take a pic and didn't...then they missed their chance.

ms5kity
08-01-2003, 01:40 PM
ack! it's TODAY! weeeeee! we won't be there til later because of work. better late then never though right?

Omi
08-01-2003, 04:36 PM
Lucky!I can't make it untill Saturday Morning!!

ms5kity
08-03-2003, 08:08 PM
oh my goodness was that fun or what?! Did I see any of you guys there? not sure. no one really said hi...and I'm pretty shy......

I was stabbed Aeris in case you saw me an saturday. Did you guys see me? who were you on saturday? (since the group I went with didn't really stay long on fri or sun....I missed the cosplay contest and the skits! sad. ) Let me know who you were to see if I got any pics of you to send! yeah?

That was so much fun! my first convention and it is already over. so tragical. Can't wait for the next one!

Neko_Kaolla
08-03-2003, 09:39 PM
I am so sorry that I couldn't find you on Sunday, Jessie! I looked everywhere! Doman!

Jess-Jess
08-05-2003, 01:25 PM
Neko Kaolla!!!! I'm so sorry too!!! It turned out that since we had to check out Sunday morning I didn't have a place to change and get ready, and a place to get back into normal clothes ~.~ So I didn't get to dress up at all on Sunday, and I wasn't actually in the con for too long on Sunday. I took one last swing around the dealers room and hung out in the game room a bit and then we left by like noon I think -.- Also, I must have caught something at the hotel cuz I felt really sick on Sunday too. I was so mad!!! XD My plans were majorly changed yet again like every other con I go to, lol. I only wore Merle for like an hour on Saturday cuz I felt so insecure in it (it was a realllllllllllly short dress.....) But for the rest of Saturday I was Kaolla Su again. I got pics. of me at home w/ my Sakura costume, but OF COURSE I forgot it at home over the weekend. BOOOOOOOO! I was so pissed XD At least you can see me in it in my gallery. I will have the pics. up by tonight. I reallllllly wanted to wear it to a convention though! I really love how it turned out. Ah well. I'm sorry for all the mix ups everyone! My weekend was majorly out of tune, and then I got sick (like I said) on Sunday, and got reallly bad yesterday. I had a fever of 101.9 all yesterday and just felt awful. I slept all day. ugh. Ah, well. Talk to you all soon!

Jessie >^..^<

Neko_Kaolla
08-05-2003, 02:14 PM
You too! My friend Stephanie's boyfriend was queesy all Sunday and she just wanted the costume contest to end so she could take him home. I wonder what it was... do you think it was a coincidence?

Susumari
08-05-2003, 02:19 PM
oh i wish i found u guys and hung out....but i was with kinda alot of ppl. damn damn!