PDA

View Full Version : Anime Expo Mini-Masquerade Still Open!

AngelJibrille
06-02-2003, 06:48 PM
Hi all!

We still have a few spots open for the Mini-Masquerade, so please feel free to come sign up at the convention. It's first-come-first-serve for the remaining spots (I think there are about 5~10 spots depending on how many walk-ons we get). I suggest getting to the Masquerade Registration Desk early on Thursday, July 3 (we open at 10am) if you want a spot. The Masquerade Registration Desk is in the Anaheim Marriott.

The Mini-Masquerade is basically a matinee version of the Saturday Masquerade, we have prizes & trophies and it's going to be held in Main Events (the same room as the Masquerade). We want to encourage new cosplayers who may not have tried a Masquerade before to get a feel for the whole experience without the pressure of the Saturday Masquerade's craftsmanship requirements.

Skits for the Mini-Masq are limited to 1.5 minutes, we will also have microphones on the stage if you are interested.

We also welcome A-style costumes (J-Pop, C-Pop, K-Pop, Gozilla, Spawn, Transformers, etc.) We will welcome J-Rock, but as J-Rock has it's own event we would prefer that you give that event your support this year so that we can prove it is worthy of keeping :)

If you decide to be in the Mini-Masquerade, please (begging here) sign up on Thursday (July 3) so we can get most of the music and the script ready Thursday evening. The Masquerade Registration desk will be open until 8:00pm. We will be open for 2 short hours on Friday (July 4), from 8am - 10am, but I'm guessing all the spots will be filled by then.

The Mini-Masquerade will be held from 11:30am - 3:00pm on Friday, July 4.

Thank you everyone!
Marisa Price
AX2003 Cosplay Events Coordinator

costume@anime-expo.org

AngelJibrille
06-03-2003, 01:30 PM
P.S.
We are going to have about 60 groups performing, plus special performances from the Delano High School Percussion Ensemble and USA Musume.

AngelJibrille
06-25-2003, 05:10 PM
posts updated 06/25/03.