PDA

View Full Version : Yaoi-con date announced!

Leishu
12-21-2007, 06:34 AM
For the first time since I started attending, Yaoi-con will not be on a weekend right next to Halloween!

The announcement, via the Yaoi-con website, stated that Y-con will be September 26-28 this year!

I'm a little bit indifferent, I guess, concerning this. On one hand, it'll be warmer. On the other, I have one month less to plan for auction.

Either way, there it is! How do others feel about it?

Yukari Kaiba
12-21-2007, 03:12 PM
well it will be kinda nice to be back at the marriot . now that its moved up a month will mean less time to work on a cosplay, but work well under pressure anyways XD

Eurobeat King
12-21-2007, 03:31 PM
Where on the website does it say the dates for 2008? :confused: Maybe I missed it cos i don't see it on the main-page. But even then, I talked to Susan at Sac-Con a couple of weeks ago and she told me the dates, but I didn't want to post anything until it was officially announced on the website.

With it being at the end of September, it'll make it a little tougher for me, because that means i'll have back-to-back-to-back cons in September: Nan Desu Kan, Anime Weekend Atlanta, and then Yaoi-Con. Fortunately Y-con's close to me and travelling is easy, but the hard-part will be requesting 3 weekends off in-a-row from work. It's not impossible, but tough.. Hence why I like Y-con being at the end of October, because there's a big gap in-between cons. (This year the only con I went to in October was Y-con.)

I like Y-con, so I won't miss it. And perhaps it'll be warmer that weekend with it now being a month earlier. :)

Yukari Kaiba
12-21-2007, 10:53 PM
they sent out a holiday email announcing the dates for next year ^^ i think they're waiting to put up the 2008 website to release the dates, though I'm not sure.

Leishu
12-22-2007, 06:27 PM
It was definitely a surprise to me. There's a big plus for it being in September for me, personally, in that I can now attend the Fetish and Fantasy ball here in Vegas. :D

Milai Sapphire
12-22-2007, 11:08 PM
Wow, a whole month earlier...hmm, for me I guess that's fine. At least instead of the con being around my midterms it's the first weekend of the school year. =D Considering that I'll be at home for the following school year, shouldn't be a problem...but yeah~ definitely shouldn't stop me from attending since I missed out last year. :D

B'rose Foxxstar
12-30-2007, 07:46 PM
It means I have to completely rearrange my travel plans since I wasn't planning to fly to America 'til mid-Oct for it and other things :(, I'll have to try and get time off work to fly earlier XD

lotus seed
01-10-2008, 12:39 AM
COOL! I'm already planning for next year's cosplay!

LOBELIAAAAAAA....... <3

Shinsengumi
01-10-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm still going either way, I was surpised that it's not going to be in October this year.

Eurobeat King
01-15-2008, 12:58 PM
I swear, conventions this year have a weird habit of being too close to one another, and that may affect which cons I go to this year. For me, it's not once, not twice, but THREE times this year that there are back-to-back-to-back conventions that I want to attend but may not be able to because they're so close, and getting time-off from work isn't easy. Check it out:

March: Anime Wasabi (14-16), Anime Boston (21-23), SakuraCon (28-30)

May: Anime Central (16-18), FanimeCon (23-26), A-kon (30-June 1)

September: Nan Desu Kan (12-14), Anime Weekend Atlanta (19-21), Y-con (26-28)

I'll probably go to SakuraCon, Fanime & A-kon, and YaoiCon of the listed above. Thankfully YaoiCon's local so travel expenses will be minimum.

Northern
02-02-2008, 06:49 PM
A month earlier...okay, so that puts a damper on things, the convention wont be during my reading week this year, but oh well, Im going anyways.

Michi
02-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Wow, a whole month earlier...

The very first YaoiCon was actually at the beginning of September. :9 So it's not too weird, aside from the fact that they've been in late October ever since. XD

Northern
02-07-2008, 10:01 AM
I guess it all depends on hotel availability, Im glad they are doing it at the San Mateo again, I really enjoyed my time there.