PDA

View Full Version : Mini Masquerade, who can I join (inu yasha based)?

LatinVixen
06-02-2003, 07:49 PM
I will be going as kirara from inu yasha and was wondering if I could join anyone for the mini masquerade group =). Please contact me back if anyone wants me in their group ^_^.

Btw is there just a costume constest at AX or is that non existant?.

thanks for reading ;)

www.mixedcandy.com

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-02-2003, 07:52 PM
well...if we can get ouir Gundam Cosplay group together for this, than I'm up for it lol

K_Valentine
06-02-2003, 08:31 PM
I'm part of an Inuyasha group at AX this year (Miroku). Not uite sure about our acting in Mini-Masq. Already planning to do main Masq.

LatinVixen
06-02-2003, 08:37 PM
I can do any masquerade mini or not, just want to be in one hehe =) if I can.

thanks

Aoshi Shinomori
06-03-2003, 01:51 AM
well ill be in the main masquearde.. i dont know about the mini ones..

AngelJibrille
06-03-2003, 01:29 PM
The Mini-Masquerade is going to be virtually the same as the Saturday Masquerade this year. The only difference really is that we have about half the awards (because we aren't doing Craftsmanship judging... not enough time to do it) and that it's more of a "Matinee" Masquerade. Matinee meaning it's during the day instead of at night :)

We are going to have about 50 groups performing, plus special performances from the Delano High School Percussion Ensemble and USA Musume.

We have asked that anyone who has one any awards above "novice" to opt to be "Exhibition Only". That way those who are newer to cosplay and/or those who feel a little intimidated by the competition in the Saturday Masquerade have a better chance at winning or at least feeling a little less pressured. :)

Anyway, we'd love to see you all attend :) It should be a really neat event.

Marisa Price
AX2003 Cosplay Events Manager
costume@anime-expo.org

Psychotic Jei
06-09-2003, 03:53 AM
Yay percussion ensemble. @_@ :: BAND GEEK here :: I went to see Drumline..even though I knew it would suck. :: flashbacks to highschool band ::

Aoshi Shinomori
06-15-2003, 11:00 AM
so what if u have done the masquerade before but havent got an award.. does that still make u a novice?

AngelJibrille
06-15-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Aoshi Shinomori
so what if u have done the masquerade before but havent got an award.. does that still make u a novice?

Yes, you are still a novice if you haven't won an award in the Masquerade. However, please note that if you have won a major award (best of show, journeyman, master, etc. awards) in ANY Masquerade (not just Anime Expo's) then you aren't a novice.

K_Valentine
06-15-2003, 12:59 PM
What of awards like "Most humorous (In a completely screwed up on stage humourous)" or "Best Sucking up to the Guest" award?

Nadeshiko
06-16-2003, 03:28 AM
My friend has an Inuyasha costume she's planning to enter, and my other friend may have Kagome done by then. They're both in the minimasqy. If you're interested, PM me. ^^

Aoshi Shinomori
06-16-2003, 11:19 AM
hmm well i think if u win a judges award.. like not a main award u might still be considered novice