PDA

View Full Version : Yuna's hairstyle!

lainey
06-02-2003, 08:03 PM
I see a lot of you with Yuna's hairstyle...
lol just curious, did u actually bring in a photo of yuna and tell the hair dresser u wanted that?
lol

Hair colour suggestions?

And how did you style it to be like Yuna's?

yuffieleonheart
06-02-2003, 08:06 PM
=D i take a pic to the salon. x_x although because i was wearing another costume i don't look very good in some pics because my hair wasn't styled. ussually i just use some hair wax to make the choppy ends

AshleyV
06-02-2003, 08:13 PM
I went to my hairdresser with a picture and told her that this was the hair cut I wanted. She even gave me products and showed me how to style it.

lainey
06-02-2003, 08:27 PM
lol ooo really eh?
wow i'm gonna feel embarassed lol

yuffieleonheart
06-02-2003, 09:11 PM
haha i was lucky the girl that cut my hair was like "oh you play FF??" she apparently is a fan of the game

Yuna
06-02-2003, 10:19 PM
hair spray XD~

heki-chan
06-02-2003, 10:21 PM
LOL^_^ yep i brought in a pic of yuna a looong time ago to get the haircut last year^_^

my haircutterperson thought it was a real girl and didnt even know it was a CG >D

MordSith
06-02-2003, 11:32 PM
hey, nothing wrong with bringing awesome CG pics for your hair!! i wouldnt be embarassed! i like reiko's rinoa hair. i think that once my hair gets long enough, i'm going to have the bangs cut like garnet's. this might be an insane idea, tho, cuz my hair is verrryyy wavy. but i wouldn't hesitate to do it :-)

but you do need to keep in mind that yuna's x-2 hairstyle is the same CUT as her x hairstyle. it just takes a round thermal brush, gel and/or hairspray to get it like that.

:::scampers off into the distance:::

Yuna
06-03-2003, 12:30 AM
Accually, Yuna's hair in FFX-2 is a couple inches shorter then it is in FFX.

Sana-chan
06-03-2003, 07:27 AM
Yay for wigs! ^_^ (cheats and uses a wig instead)

Koumori
06-03-2003, 06:47 PM
I did in fact bring a picture of Yuna to the salon, though not for cosplay purposes. I just liked the haircut. My hairdresser pointed out that she has three times as much hair as I do. Well, who doesn't... :)

Yuna
06-03-2003, 06:54 PM
All of Square's girls seem to have far more hair then the human head can produse. Look at Garnets, FFX-2 Rikku's, Lulu's - that bun is HUGE!, Quistis, Beatrix... they all must have serious headaches all the time x__x

Arisa
06-03-2003, 08:09 PM
I brought in some pictures of Yuna, so my haircut turned out decently. ^_^ Yay! Even though my hair's naturally wavy. X_X I <3 my straightening iron!

Sillabub
06-07-2003, 04:19 AM
Yep, I brought in a pic ^_^ *grins* All the layers the stylist did flip up (my hair has a natural Selphie-type flip to it) so it ended up lookin' more like FFX-2 Yuna than FFX Yuna (FFX was what I was goin' for, but hey! I like the cut, I'm happy!). I'm not even gonna cosplay her, either...I just loved her hair ^_^

Moogle Hiromi
06-10-2003, 12:26 AM
Ohh I almost have enough hair! I might try to do the Yuna style when I am bored enough. Might work!

SaiyenGirl
06-10-2003, 06:18 PM
lucky for me, when i asked my hair dresser to cut my hair last time i went, it just happened to turn out looking a lot like yuna's hair! no picture needed. ^-^

ChicoChan
06-12-2003, 10:58 PM
my hair naturally flips out like yuna';s ^^;; guess I'm lucky.....LOL
but yeah i dyed it a bit cause i am a dirty blonde.......and i dyed it a redish brown.....looks just like her ^_~
I think she's one of the few characters that a wig won't truly solve the problem

Sapphira
06-13-2003, 03:32 AM
I have natural wave and curl in my hair, so styling it to look like Yuna's is a pain in the butt because I have to blow dry, straighten, blow dry some more, straighten some more... you get the picture. ;P

But yes! I printed out the official portrait art and took it with me to use as a reference. The girl who did my hair was freaking out over how cute Yuna was and mentioned how much she liked the beaded earring, lol.

The highlights I got were also given by reference from the pic. ^^ I need mine redone though... x_x

Sarah
06-20-2003, 05:07 PM
does anyone know where i can get a good yuna costume?

yuffieleonheart
06-20-2003, 05:15 PM
er this isn't really the topic you should post that question in but in anycase try ebay o.o?

Li'l_artist
12-26-2003, 07:27 PM
i really like yuna's hairstyle too, im getting my hair cut tomarrow and i want it to look like hers(wacking 6 inches off my hair eek!)..but..rmm i think ill just explain it to her cause id be way to embaressed to bring in a pic of her :thumbsup:

Lorelei
12-26-2003, 07:51 PM
i really like yuna's hairstyle too, im getting my hair cut tomarrow and i want it to look like hers(wacking 6 inches off my hair eek!)..but..rmm i think ill just explain it to her cause id be way to embaressed to bring in a pic of her :thumbsup:

I'm going tomorrow too to get my hair cut like Yuna's. I've still gotta pick out good pictures.

Not bringing a picture can backfire though 0o;; My sister tried that... she regretted it within seconds after the finished product.

Li'l_artist
12-26-2003, 08:13 PM
heh, really? i guess i should then, but i am only 14 so ill be going with my mom and her and my hairdresser will laugh and giggle about my obsession with video games and what not :untrust: but for the sake of my hair i guess i must :waaaah:

ShimmerJester
12-27-2003, 12:02 AM
When everytime i wake up in the morning my hair turns out like hers but a bit more messy and also mine is a bit longer than hers but it still looks cool lol

Gale
12-27-2003, 11:44 AM
i'm gunna do that next march...i cant quite decide if i want to use a ffx or x-2 picture, 'cause i'm getting it done a month before i go to AB as songstress yuna. this is gunna be a big jump for me 'cause i've never had hair shorter than mid-back lenght since i was little. i definatly am ready to do a major trim though :rolleyes: it 'ill be a full 10 inches!!! :eeek:

Tiara
12-27-2003, 11:51 AM
I tried to get my hair like Lenne's last weekend that was a headache. Square doesn't seem to get what hair does when it's in that much of a side part..... It doesn't stay out of your face like hers.

EDIT: If you want Yuna's hairstyle, but are too embarrassed to bring in a pic of her there are many actresses and such with her FFX-2 hairstyle. One that comes to mind is Allison Mack from Smallville(well her old hairstyle). I thought about getting the Yuna look but I want long hair for a while. So I'm growing mine Lenne length now. It's almost there, just a few more months.

VashzMynBackOff
12-27-2003, 03:22 PM
I know it's kinda off topic too, but you can try Setsuna's Anime Costume Shoppe. It's not exactly "high-tech" and it is a little too pricy, but you can try!

Blankles
12-27-2003, 04:15 PM
I love my hair for styling reasons. I have so much of it and it's all so strait because of my genes (italian=thickness asian=strait Straitn'Thick=happy!!!!!)

I don't like elaborate hair styles tho. Just nice n' long. But i choped all my hair of (14 inches ><) so now i got te yuna cut 'cause i thought it was pretty. I took a cg to my grandma's friend 'cause she's a hairdresser and she couldn't tell that the person was a cg.

dizzylizzy
12-27-2003, 04:58 PM
:::Shrugs::: i just told my hairstylist that i wanted it a certain length, layered, and texturized. it turned out perfect. it naturally does the semi flip thing now for the gunner look. if i comb it right and use some gel, it looks a decent length for the summoner too.... though it could be longer.

as for pics, there are plenty of people with the hairstyle. ^^

Dewy
12-28-2003, 12:31 AM
I'm getting yuna hair tommorrow...;;
I like the style, it's neat and pretty orginal...and I need a freaking haircut.

yuffieleonheart
12-28-2003, 10:19 PM
^_^; yea i bring a pic everytime i go XD but my stylist plays ff so she has a good idea how to do it anyways

Edit
:: is stupid and didn't realize she already posted here XD;; ::

Kairi G
12-28-2003, 10:24 PM
Yeah, i brought several CG pics of her hair, from different angles and of it in motion. that really helped the hairdresser to style it correctly, and she did an amazing job, and showed me how to to the flip on my own. i dyed it on my own, i cant remember what shade or brand i used tho, sorrys.

la_belle
12-29-2003, 09:50 AM
does layered, with the shortest layer up to the bottom of your nose and the longest layer up to your collarbone..dyed (Light) Ash Brown sound like Yuna's haircut to you?

Lady Ava
12-29-2003, 10:18 AM
I would like to get a Yuna cut, but it wouldn't help me when I do other characters. I like using my own hair as much as possible when I do other characters, so I don't plan on actually going through with the Yuna cut until later down the road.

Until then, I'm happy with the look I have now. ^_^

Dewy
12-31-2003, 04:31 PM
I just got a Yuna cut, hehe, I'm happy with it. ^^ The stylist acutally said my hair was TOO thick to pull it off completly, but I like it.

totalanimeotaku
12-31-2003, 06:28 PM
does anyone have a cg quality pic of the back of yuna's hair? lol, i can't find one, and i need one so that my hairdresser won't mess up >.<

Blankles
01-01-2004, 10:52 AM
rpgamer.com has some screens that are usefull. But if anyone doesn't want to bring in a pic of a cg then you can ask for them to layer and razor your hair. The layering gets the flip and length going and the razoring makes it peicie and whispy like Yuna's.

Devil Asuka 666
01-03-2004, 02:04 PM
my hair naturally flips out like yuna';s ^^;; guess I'm lucky.....LOL
but yeah i dyed it a bit cause i am a dirty blonde.......and i dyed it a redish brown.....looks just like her ^_~
I think she's one of the few characters that a wig won't truly solve the problem

sorry bout the stupid question, but what exactlly is the colour of dirty blonde? ^^;;;

and about the haircuts: well, i once wanted to go with my hair styled as rikku's. i took the cg images and all, and she cut the bangs well... but then, she did something i dunno and what was a rikku looking bang, turned out to something entirely different
jeez.

about yuna's hair: it's kind of difficult to know the colour, i guess... sometimes it looks a dark blonde, and sometimes it looks a reddish dark blonde, i dunno.

Flowery
01-03-2004, 02:27 PM

inSaniTy
01-03-2004, 04:18 PM
And for all the thin-haired girls in this thread who say that they want thick hair... I have thick hair. o.o; And I admire ALL of you -- because thick hair stinks so bad! Thin hair doesn't need to be tamed and taken under constant control. It's really hot during the summer, and it gives you headaches when you put it up in a ponytail because of all the weight! ><; You can always get away with wigs for a full look, but I'm stuck with it forever. ;_;

Same. T__T I have really thick, curly, frizzy hair. I HATE IT. I always get pissed off when I try to straighten it on my own XD. So, I don't straighten it too much... Aiiiee... x_@ It's so much work to tame it - dry, curl tame, dry a little more, curl tame, hair spray, blah blah freakin' blah.

But anyways, I'm gonna be making a Warrior Yuna costume soon. And I really want to use my own hair, because I'm never thrilled with wigs. So... has anyone with really thick, curly hair gotten a Yuna haircut? My hair ends just above my shoulders, so the length isn't horrible.

Anyone think I could get away with just trimming the front of my hair and styling it a bit? Or would that look too...eh..fake? Hmm.... I guess I'll just have to play around with it before I rush to get my hair cut. o_O;

Dewy
01-03-2004, 04:50 PM
Don't think curly thick hair is possible for a Yuna cut, you can try...but even my hair was pretty borderline as the stylist says (Its thick but straight) Yuna's hair isn't thick, its thin and whispy so it stays out like so. You could try using a straightner every morning, but wouldn't that be kinda annoying? ^^;

I think Yuna's hair is more of an ash brown than dirty blonde...

Dia
01-03-2004, 05:02 PM
If you use a flatiron, it's pretty easy to get a Yuna style from thick, wavy hair, as long as you have it cut right. I have thick hair with natural wave, and over the summer, it was cut like Yuna's - slightly layered, with the hell razored out of it. I would highly recommend a flatiron for anyone who wants to use their own hair for Yuna but doesn't have naturally straight hait.

la_belle
01-03-2004, 05:20 PM
Same. T__T I have really thick, curly, frizzy hair. I HATE IT. I always get pissed off when I try to straighten it on my own XD. So, I don't straighten it too much... Aiiiee... x_@ It's so much work to tame it - dry, curl tame, dry a little more, curl tame, hair spray, blah blah freakin' blah.

But anyways, I'm gonna be making a Warrior Yuna costume soon. And I really want to use my own hair, because I'm never thrilled with wigs. So... has anyone with really thick, curly hair gotten a Yuna haircut? My hair ends just above my shoulders, so the length isn't horrible.

Anyone think I could get away with just trimming the front of my hair and styling it a bit? Or would that look too...eh..fake? Hmm.... I guess I'll just have to play around with it before I rush to get my hair cut. o_O;

oo heres a suggestion, my friend gave me this for a b-day present..seeing i always complain about my wavy/frizzy hair (not curly sorry)

company is FX special effects.."Instant Straighten Out:Hairstraightener & Smoothing Treatment" "Straightens HAIR, Smoothes FRIZZINESS & Split Ends"
and thats all capitalized so it has to be good :bigtu:

in the back, ahem .."Instant Straighten Out is a temporary, non-chemical hair straightener which is activated by the heat of your blow dryer. It instantly straightens permed, naturally curly and wavy hair into a smooth, staight, sleek and shiny look. Instant Straighten Out will keep hair straight and smooth until your next shampoo, defying your frustrating frizz, even in humid weather."

sorry for sounding like an advertisement, but it sounds promising..havent gotten to using it yet

inSaniTy
01-03-2004, 06:48 PM
Ooh.... I'll have to look into investing in one of those. XD The flat iron I currently have is a piece of crap. o.O;

yuffieleonheart
01-03-2004, 07:14 PM
flat irons are awesome for yuna hair ^_^. i have short thin hair, it's layered and it has choppy ends. i used a styling glue/pomade and a flat iron to get it too look the way it does.

darkenedxstar
01-06-2004, 05:19 PM
Styling GLUE?! o.O lol, whazzat? lol... just wondering... probably cause I'm so dumb that I've never seen one! XDDDD

joxyjoy
04-17-2005, 08:42 AM
=D i take a pic to the salon. x_x although because i was wearing another costume i don't look very good in some pics because my hair wasn't styled. ussually i just use some hair wax to make the choppy ends

how do u make the ends choppy?undefinedundefinedundefined :heart:

joxyjoy
04-17-2005, 09:10 AM
how do u get ur hair choppy?

UsagiNoSenshi
04-17-2005, 11:05 PM
Yup just bring in a pic, used to draw how i wanted my hair.... nothing like taking in an anime style drawing ^^; I like the way my hair grows out when i get the X-2 cut... i look like Rukia from bleach when it gets longer

Tael Gryphon
04-18-2005, 05:18 AM
I brought in an official artwork picture a few months back. My hairdresser said it'd look very cute on me. However, after the first month or two, the bangs got annoying (I got my hair cut like Yuna back in November). Now that the bangs are long enough again, I'm getting my hair cut like Rinoa's because the bangs aren't as likely to get in my eyes like the Yuna cut did. I've got super wavy hair that needs a flatiron and a hairdryer to keep it straight, though.

Elektra
04-19-2005, 06:29 PM
I found cute pics on line and took it to the stylist. I was 12 so my mom had to take me and she tried to talk me out of it but I said no. it actuly turned out pretty good!

Crystalike
04-20-2005, 06:25 PM
i really want Yuna's FFX-2 hair, but i wonder if it'll look good on my face...i have an oval face, and Yuna's is more of a heart-shaped face. plus, i dont have her defined eyebrows...and no straightener.

Ici
04-20-2005, 07:06 PM
I printed out different views of Yuna's hairstyle and took it to the hairdresser. She had fun cutting off all my hair V.v But it turned out well. Didn't look exactly like Yuna's, but close enough. She told me to use a roll brush and hair spray and I should be set. Worked wonderfully.

Juu-Sama
04-20-2005, 07:54 PM
haha ^^ I'm glad I'm not the only trying who is trying to style my natrual hair like Yuna's ^^ hahaa I want to do Thief Yuna (nosebleedingly skimpy....I know I know...^^;;;) for Otakon ^^ and possibly songstress as well ^^ haaha Yuna-chan is soooooooooo kawaii!!!!...hmm.....I have heavy straight asian hair though.....does any one know if that will flip natrually when it's cut a certain style or do I need hair spray and flattening iron (though...iron is more for spikes not really for the flips) ^^ haha

Juu-sama

BountyBebopLuva
04-20-2005, 10:14 PM
Hey guys! I went looking for images of Yuna-ish hair cuts, since I am cutting my hair for my Dark Knight Yuna costume.. I'm gonna attach them so everyone can see/print them off to bring them with you when going to get your hair cut.

Crystalike
04-24-2005, 06:10 PM
interestingly close, but they done hav the hair parted in quite the right place.

MidoriChan
05-01-2005, 07:45 PM
I brought in an official artwork picture a few months back. My hairdresser said it'd look very cute on me. However, after the first month or two, the bangs got annoying (I got my hair cut like Yuna back in November). Now that the bangs are long enough again, I'm getting my hair cut like Rinoa's because the bangs aren't as likely to get in my eyes like the Yuna cut did. I've got super wavy hair that needs a flatiron and a hairdryer to keep it straight, though.

I now how you feel about your bangs... I got my hair cut shoulder length in the earlier this year... I had a printed picture of Yuna to bring with me to the salon but my mom said not to bring it because Yuna had bangs and she didn't want me to get bangs... well.. I disobeyed my mom and cut my own bangs!! >D They turned out really good.. but it's tricky though..

They are long now and go below my eye brow when completly straight.. Whever I'm running in P.E. they go flying up in the air.. D:

Crystalike
05-02-2005, 09:53 AM
yeah, that happened to me too when i had bangs...they flew straight up, cuz i sprint pretty fast...XD

i dunno how to style my hair tho...liek using spray, curlers, and hairdryers...all i do is brush it, comb it, or part it, and maybe tye it up.

Jadeybeta
05-18-2005, 11:01 AM
It was coincidental - I asked for it short, and they put in layers and such so I was able to flick it with straighteners and spray in place. :)

Crystalike
05-18-2005, 07:44 PM
haha, sounds good.

i dunno about cutting it for Yuna now...cuz it'd be hard to tie up in a normal ponytail (waita sec, wouldnt it be too short?), and i dont have enough hair (notice how all FF ppl have a hecka lot of hair...)

xmissxhellx
06-05-2005, 11:55 AM
hehe i totally brought a pic of yuna to the hair dresser! i actually took in a magazine clipping with a chick with that hair, but the japanese dude who cut my hair seemed to be working more from the yuna pic! ^-^

KissTheRain
06-07-2005, 11:53 AM
Hurrah for Wigs! I had my hair like that about a year ago now but It's now getting long again..been growing so long i don't want to cut it :square:

Zenozanga
04-21-2006, 08:34 PM
i think im going to get Yuna's hair but im not really sure. i have blonde hair thin but thick please help me

Killer_Tofu
05-14-2006, 12:51 PM
All of Square's girls seem to have far more hair then the human head can produse. Look at Garnets, FFX-2 Rikku's, Lulu's - that bun is HUGE!, Quistis, Beatrix... they all must have serious headaches all the time x__x

hey! they have the same amount of hair as me. I saw a pic. of Beatrix a few years ago and was all "OMFG she has the exact same hair as me!!" (when I was my natural colour)

PS. dont let my profile picture fool you, only a trained profesanal with a lot of product (and flat ironing) can make my hair that small.