PDA

View Full Version : Bootyproject.org: Writers wanted

John Booty
09-08-2002, 04:36 PM
Hello! We can always use writers for Bootyproject.org.

If you like to...
-spread anime news
-review anime, games, manga
-review music related to those things
-take cosplay pictures at cons
-write rants

...then I want to hear from you! Drop me an email, or catch me on AIM.

While the site doesn't pay anything, since I've got no ads up and it therefore generates no revenue (I just do it for fun!) there's the possibility of getting free stuff, press passes to cons, etc.

There's also the fun of having people read what you've written- we get about 25,000 pageviews a month.

Also, underneath each article you post, there's a hyperlink that can go anywhere you want, including back to your own personal site. So it will mean more visitors to your site, too. ^_^

TheAnarCHris
09-13-2002, 10:48 PM
A free chance to bitch and moan? D00de, I'm soo in!!!!

John Booty
09-13-2002, 11:11 PM
Awesome, cool, glad you're interested, Starwind! Let's talk on AIM soon....

ShimaMizu, a very cool girl from this forums, is interested too and has written a cool review of Marmalade Boy. Yay. ^^

I think Bootyproject is turning into a pretty cool place for people to "get the word out" about things.

John Booty
09-13-2002, 11:12 PM
Next in the works for Bootyproject... getting some free review material from anime companies to hand out to my reviewers. ^_^;;; *crosses fingers*

Rosiel
09-13-2002, 11:14 PM
LOL I'd love to write anime reviews... but since I am overly opinionated, fond of rationally disembowelling bad plots, and tend to dislike the shows everyone else worships (like, say, Hellsing) having me contribute might attract more flames than anything else. ^_____^

John Booty
09-14-2002, 01:49 AM
LOL I'd love to write anime reviews... but since I am overly opinionated, fond of rationally disembowelling bad plots, and tend to dislike the shows everyone else worships (like, say, Hellsing) having me contribute might attract more flames than anything else.

*blink*

*blink*

That sounds awesome. You're in.

Kamui Motoaki
09-14-2002, 02:27 AM
taking pics at cons??
i need info! ^_^

katrinastrife
09-14-2002, 03:19 AM
I love reviewing stuff! ^^;; Mind if I join you?

Foxwolfe
09-14-2002, 04:45 AM
Lol I love your response to Rosiel john.

I think it would be great reviewing either anime, games, or manga (my preference would either be games or manga) so if you want look for me on aim my s/n is "MegaManW". And yes I realize you can just check my profile or hit that thing at the bottom of the post but oh well.

Rosiel
09-14-2002, 08:17 AM
> *blink*

> *blink*

> That sounds awesome. You're in.

LOL I hope sarcasm is allowed. ^______^

Cassandra
09-14-2002, 08:36 AM
BP is a kinda free-for-all kinda thing. I've been writing for it for....like two years now? (Dang....) But with me being so busy lately, all I've really had time for is a few anime news blurbs.

I should write that review on the Buffy the Vampire Slayer video game at some point :thumbsup:

Studmaster
09-14-2002, 03:48 PM
I'd like to write for the site. I plan to do a giant review of Ikaruga, when I get it this Tuesday.

Oshi
09-14-2002, 04:00 PM
I will gladly be a photographer for you, with my trusty Sony Cybershot P51, and Dell laptop ^_^

*notices Kamui's post*
LOL... Squall and Seifer, BootyProject.org photographers...

Shima-Mizu
09-14-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by John Booty

ShimaMizu, a very cool girl from this forums, is interested too and has written a cool review of Marmalade Boy. Yay. ^^

Yes I did write a cool review! Hehe, and I love that series... I also wrote a ::gasp:: non anime ::end gasp:: review today bout an online game I play.

I love to write and I'm having a blast making reviews and what not for Booty Project... Gives you a chance to hone those writing skills and to re-look over the shows you originally watched as "just a fan" because now you must look at them in the critics aspect ^_^V

Come write with me Rosiel, I'm sure you'd write some interesting articles.

Shima-Mizu
09-14-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by John Booty
Next in the works for Bootyproject... getting some free review material from anime companies to hand out to my reviewers. ^_^;;; *crosses fingers*

I've done it for my anime club to screen---so I'm sure you could convince companies to give you stuff to review as well ^_^.

Rosiel
09-16-2002, 10:32 AM
> getting some free review material from anime companies

I just download anime wayyyy too much. And since I try not to start before I have a full set of episodes... I'm very much behind.

*starting Rah Xephon again this weekend*

Shima-Mizu
09-16-2002, 10:37 AM
where do you download most of your anime from?

Rosiel
09-16-2002, 10:41 AM
Internet sites for the French ones, otherwise WinMX.
It takes a lot of patience and a fast connection. =)

John Booty
09-16-2002, 10:57 AM
I do a pretty even mix between downloading and buying DVD's. One thing I want to start doing for the site is reviewing the freshly-released fansubs.

Since downloading anime can try anybody's patience and internet connection, maybe those of us writing for Bootyproject could have some sort of collective thing where we share the anime we've downloaded... mailing burned CD's, or a private FTP, or something... I have a couple hundred gigs to share...

And yes, I think Rahxephon is next on my list to watch, too. Once I finish Witch Hunter Robin, which I'm liking.

Rosiel
09-16-2002, 11:11 AM
I tend to buy DVDs for anime that is released, but I download fansubs instead of paying money to get VHS tapes that just take up too much space in my bookshelves.

Would you know if there are 25 or 26 eps of Rah Xephon (not counting Memories)? I can't get accurate answers to that anywhere.

> I have a couple hundred gigs to share...

Oh wow... that's more than my own collection... I have about 50-60 CDs of stuff. Some of it is dubbed/subbed in French though...

Cassandra
09-16-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel

Would you know if there are 25 or 26 eps of Rah Xephon (not counting Memories)? I can't get accurate answers to that anywhere.

According to http://www.rahxephon.com/ (the official site) there's 26 episodes....but since I'm not sure what Memories is, I'm just going by the episode numbers.

Rosiel
09-16-2002, 12:19 PM
> http://www.rahxephon.com/ (the official site)

Obviously that was too obvious for me to think of. X___X

> there's 26 episodes....but since I'm not sure what Memories is, I'm just going by the episode numbers.

Thanks! It means I still need to find episode 26... the hunt shall begin tonight! =)

John Booty
09-16-2002, 12:50 PM
I haven't had good luck with WinMX lately. I think a lot of people just leech off of it without sharing much of anything, which makes the whole system suck.

Lately I've been using Direct Connect (Crazy Cat Girl Anime hub) or SoulSeek (www.slsk.org)... in the Anime room there are a lot of non-leech type people.

SoulSeek has this buddylist-type thing where you can allocate extra download slots to people on your buddy list. This works pretty well because the people in the Anime room have generally all added eachother to their buddylists. Also, for a $5 donation to Soulseek, you get 30 days of download priviledges, which means you get queued ahead of the 99% of users who haven't donated.

The downside is that Soulseek is primarily geared towards mp3's and not too many people are sharing anime on there yet. But I have the best results on there or Direct Connect. I've given up on WinMX for now.

Rosiel
09-16-2002, 01:16 PM
> I think a lot of people just leech off of it without sharing much of anything, which makes the whole system suck.

I'm a leech!
Mostly because the data drive of the laptop I use for downloading is only 8GB and I store backups of the different versions of my websites and art in its original photoshop format... so anime needs to be burnt to CD ASAP or there is not enough space for downloading more. (I often wake up to "disk full" errors while letting my PC download during the night).

But since people can download incomplete files, and my downloads always break at 95% to let me sit for days waiting for the last few MBs, people do get a lot out of this leech. LOL

> I've given up on WinMX for now.

WinMX is the only place I can get Saiyuki. I still connect to good ole Kazaa for Noir and Hack//Sign, it's a lot easier to get somewhere in the queue, but the choice of anime is a lot smaller.

John Booty
09-16-2002, 03:53 PM
Haha okay, leech. I checked with the Internet and they said you're excused. :P

AngieRikku
09-19-2002, 11:38 PM
I'm in!!!! I do mostly Video Games and Take pictures at Cons. How do I sign up?

Cassandra
09-20-2002, 07:36 AM
Booty usually checks this forum pretty regularly. Or you can shoot him an email at contribute@bootyproject.org

John Booty
09-20-2002, 01:05 PM
Hello! Yep, I'm around. Drop me an email at the address Cassandra mentioned... or I'll drop you one this weekend.

Also, you can always look for me on AIM, if you use that. I see you don't have an AIM name in your profile, so I don't know if it's "private" or if you just don't have one. (-:

Xeno
09-23-2002, 01:47 PM
John, what kinda stuff do you want reviewed and how do you want it submitted?

Ranma Saotome
09-23-2002, 02:43 PM
Hey JB, I can do cons reviews and photos if needed. BTW, if you open a technophile section, count me in. :)

John Booty
09-23-2002, 06:01 PM
Hey, all. You guys rule! I'm flattered that you all are interested, I could certainly use the help. :P

Few things if you're interested...
1. Get in touch with me through AIM or email. AIM is cooler since we can actually talk. I'm on in the evenings generally, and sometimes during the day at work.
2. If you're interested in writing, it's helpful if you can give me a link to some writing you've done. It doesn't even have to be remotely related to anime, I just wanna check out your style. :P
3. If you want to do con coverage, you just need a digital camera, or the willingness to take several rolls of regular pictures and scan them in (ouch what a pain). If you're going to do a "full" con coverage like the ones I've done for Bootyproject, like a one-page writeup and several pages of pictures, I may be able to get you press passes for the con (just depends on how cooperative the people running the con are- some cons are cool about it, others don't want to give me passes!)

Awesome, thanks... I'll be talking to you guys!

Gingerbread Man
10-08-2002, 09:09 PM
I'm in if I can be....I have no digital camera, but my friend's hooking me up with one for Anime USA this weekend and I'll see what I end up with.